PDA

View Full Version : 08 mkz

08MKZ
Jul 29th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Hey guys. Just bought an 08 MKZ. All my cars I've had in the past I would always keep the engine compartment clean with soap and water. I'm looking for something to dress the engine with to keep it looking better then new. Thanks in advance for your help and all other information I've recieved from this forum.

yalerd
Jul 29th, 2008, 06:53 AM
You can get Hyper Dressing or Water Based Dressing if you are looking in the Detailer Line and in the Pro Line I've heard people using M40

:)

Mike Phillips
Jul 29th, 2008, 06:56 AM
After cleaning any dirt, dust and grime from the engine compartment a lot of people like to use Hyper Dressing for the engine compartment, it's also great for use on your tires.

http://www.meguiars.com/?detailer-dressings/Hyper-Dressing

Others may chime in with their recommendations...

:)

jmitch8011
Jul 29th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I have been using #40 for several years now but I want to try out the hyper dressing.

3Fitty
Jul 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Hey guys. Just bought an 08 MKZ. All my cars I've had in the past I would always keep the engine compartment clean with soap and water. I'm looking for something to dress the engine with to keep it looking better then new. Thanks in advance for your help and all other information I've recieved from this forum.

Hyperdressing all the way. Awesome on the engine.

RaskyR1
Jul 29th, 2008, 11:52 AM
:showpics:

I'm liking the new MKZ's! :dp:

SIC
Jul 29th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Is there any advantage using Hyperdessing as opposed to using All Season Dressing? Whats essentially the difference in the two products?

Jossy92
Jul 30th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Is there any advantage using Hyperdessing as opposed to using All Season Dressing? Whats essentially the difference in the two products?

Same question with M40?

Was wondering if it can be applied to the whole engine (metal, paint, rubber) and then the excess wiped off as can Hyperdressing?

I am picking up a gallon of M40 today. I am really happy it.

3Fitty
Jul 30th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I'm liking the new MKZ's! :dp:

I'm more of a foreign car guy, but the new MKZ is hot as heck! The pictures on the website look amazing and the paint on a silver one in a commercial looks sick.

Enjoy the ride it looks amazing.

RaskyR1
Jul 30th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I'm more of a foreign car guy, but the new MKZ is hot as heck! The pictures on the website look amazing and the paint on a silver one in a commercial looks sick.

Enjoy the ride it looks amazing.

As am I. :xyxthumbs

I did own a 2000 Lincoln LS though. The new MKZ sort of reminds of an LS the way it stands out, and is aggressive looking. Not how one typically perceives a Lincoln.

Congrats on the car! :wavey

08MKZ
Jul 30th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Hey Guys. Thanks for the input. I had an Aviator before this and 3 LSC's. I always liked the way Lincoln ride. Heres a picture before any detailing is done. Hopefully i'll be able to get out and do the works on it(Wash,Clay,ScratchX,Polish and NXT).I was able to put a picture in my avatar but working on getting it on my message.

3Fitty
Jul 30th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Looks good man, enjoy it!

Bunky
Jul 30th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I have an 2007 MKZ with Dark Blue Pearl Metallic paint. I have never detailed the engine compartment but it is on the list to do in a few months. This is my first Ford product since a Pinto (which I totalled within a few months).

The Fusion/Milan/MKZ use the Mazda 6 frame so it is more foreign than you think.

J. A. Michaels
Jul 30th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Good luck on your new car. It looks great.

Marc Hufnagel
Mar 23rd, 2009, 10:05 PM
As am I. :xyxthumbs

I did own a 2000 Lincoln LS though. The new MKZ sort of reminds of an LS the way it stands out, and is aggressive looking. Not how one typically perceives a Lincoln.

Congrats on the car! :wavey

I'd love to have a recent LS V8.. There is a silver one locally, not sure of the year but very nice! Good luck on your engine cleaning pursuits!