PDA

View Full Version : 2-Bucket or 3-Bucket Method?

capj6
Aug 16th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Newbie here. I've read about the 2-bucket (0ne for soap and the other for rinse) But what about a 3rd bucket just for the wheels? Does this make sense or completely unnecessary? Thanks in advance.

Nappers
Aug 16th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Since coming here, I use the 3 bucket system, I fill up a bucket with soapy water as normal then scrub the wheels (both buckets turn black) then dump and start fresh for the rest of the car.

Hate to get some of that grime from the wheels onto the car!

I live in a rural area and my cars get dirty.

seth1066
Aug 16th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Two buckets, then when finished with the body, do the wheels.

VoicesInMyHead
Aug 16th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Two buckets, then when finished with the body, do the wheels.
:iagree:
Saves water too! :doublethumbsup2

RDVT4ME
Aug 16th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I have used the 3 bucket method for years. Start with the wheels and finish with the body....less time for water spots to happen.

J. A. Michaels
Aug 17th, 2008, 04:20 AM
3 buckets here also.

RacerX88
Aug 17th, 2008, 04:26 AM

angeloabbattista
Aug 17th, 2008, 04:27 AM
3 bucket here to.

erobertson
Aug 17th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I like the three bucket method myself. Found I could get the wheels done out of one and then move on to body from top down with the other two and get the whole job done much quicker. We've got a Lexus IS that generates tremendous amount of brake dust, no reason to risk getting that on the paint.

theeng
Aug 17th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I watched the video on the net with mike phillips washing the mini cooper. Where can I get the three bucket system with the dollies.
thanks

acsuppa
Aug 17th, 2008, 12:37 PM

:iagree: Same here. Three buckets seem to be overkill. I can see if your washing multiple vehicles but two are just fine.

BlueZero
Aug 17th, 2008, 04:25 PM
:hide1

One bucket here. I know, I know!

Markus Kleis
Aug 17th, 2008, 05:17 PM
2 bucket here- I have no need for a bucket for the wheels.

I use a combo of rinsing, foam-based spray product, and then brushes...no need for a bucket on the wheels.

Then the typical grit-guarded 2 buckets for the body. Starting at the top, and working my way down the body in thirds.

Raymond4646
Aug 17th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I watched the video on the net with mike phillips washing the mini cooper. Where can I get the three bucket system with the dollies.
thanks
Grit quard has the dual buckets, im assuming you can attach a single unit to it.

zephyrland
Aug 17th, 2008, 07:42 PM
ehehe, yep one bucket system here. too busy buying neat new products instead of buying another bucket.:chuckle1

Nappers
Aug 17th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Grit quard has the dual buckets, im assuming you can attach a single unit to it.

Ryan aka: lilblkblt04 had a great system he made with if memory serves, his grandfather and made of wood with castor wheels. I think it was on the old CS site and gone forever, maybe he'll chime in and give us some spec's on it.

I've looked in the past and could not find them

My driveway is gravel and I can't use them.....yet (okay when I strike gold or lottery I can pave the driveway).

Raymond4646
Aug 17th, 2008, 08:34 PM
My driveway is gravel and I can't use them.....yet (okay when I strike gold or lottery I can pave the driveway).
I attached a 12x24 addition next to my driveway when I put up my versa lok wall..I'm sill stoning it there too.. or at lest until my buddy from work stops ducking me..:chuckle1 I think I saw that wooden dolly from old MOL..

Sydster
Aug 17th, 2008, 09:20 PM
:iagree: Same here. Three buckets seem to be overkill. I can see if your washing multiple vehicles but two are just fine.

:xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs