PDA

View Full Version : Gold Class

onrecess
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I have a new 2007 Yamaha Roadstar (cruiser).
My chrome is new and shiny. I did my first wax job today. I used Gold Class liquid. Came out beautiful. I used the wax on the paint and chrome (as I needed no chrome abrasive polish). Is this okay? Sure came out bright and super shiny with only a wax polishing towel. Does this wax yellow or hurt hot pipes, engine parts, etc?

Brian Hann
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:56 PM
What you have described is perfectly safe.

Brian Hann
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Also, welcome to MOL. You will find a wealth of good information here.

03mach1
Aug 19th, 2008, 02:28 PM
You will be fine. i put wax on my chrome on my 62 bird. You can also check out megs new chrome polish. It is a awesome product. I use it too. Great stuff.

J. A. Michaels
Aug 19th, 2008, 02:47 PM
:wavey Hello and welcome to mol. Enjoy your new bike.

acsuppa
Aug 19th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the forum. I always used to use Gold Class on my chrome way back before I started to use "chrome products" It always worked great as long as the chrome was clean since Gold Class will not clean the chrome like a chrome polish would. It worked great on real chrome and plastic chromed pieces. Definitely look into a dedicated chrome cleaner/polish. It will keep that sweet bike looking great for ever!:D

onrecess
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. I think I'll stick with the wax for a while unil I start to need a chrome polish. The bike does look fantastic. First time using Meguiers and it really impressed me. Paint looks like black mirrors.:xyxthumbs