PDA

View Full Version : Best Online Megs Vendor

Bill D
Sep 13th, 2004, 05:55 AM
I listed a few popular online vendors that carry Meguiars products. Please let me know which one you like best and why. If you buy from a site considered "other" please identify that site and tell us a bit about it. Thanks!

Bill D
Sep 13th, 2004, 05:59 AM
Last Fall I purchased EK, APC+ and DACP from a body shop supply website http://www.ketone.com Good prices, fast shipping, nice selection, lots of satisfaction. I believe they still sell most of the old Detailer line :xyxthumbs

Lt1Corvette
Sep 13th, 2004, 02:08 PM
If you are going to buy Meguiars products, I feel the best place to buy is meguiars.com. That said I live in southern California so if I need something in a hurry I often purchase off of autopia because with standard shipping I can usually get it in two days. The only down side I find to shopping on meguiars.com is that it is hard to find stuff. Hint, Hint. However if you have their catalogues, It is easy because you can simply type in the part number.
Both are good sites in my opinion.

gb387
Sep 13th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
If you are going to buy Meguiars products, I feel the best place to buy is meguiars.com... ...The only down side I find to shopping on meguiars.com is that it is hard to find stuff. Hint, Hint. However if you have their catalogues, It is easy because you can simply type in the part number.
Both are good sites in my opinion

:iagree:

I always call... the reason is that I can't always find what I want and find it easier to call the 800 #. You also get some of the best customer service out there. Dell needs to get some pointers from Meguiars cust reps.

Aurora40
Sep 14th, 2004, 02:50 PM
I go with Meguiars.com. They have flat $5.95 shipping, and also I get a discount there. I like to imagine that stuff has been on the shelf the shortest period of time also, but that may not be true.

But if stuff is on sale or I'm gonna buy non-Meg's stuff too, I'll use other places like Autopia or Autogeek or CMA to combine an order. :)

Rick
Sep 14th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Well while we're compiling a list I use www.autodetailingsolutions.com

Yes they're local to me, but he will ship anywhere (and I believe shipping is free on any order over $200). Rick who runs it is a great guy, he also put on our Arizona clinic. For anyone local he offers a great personal service and will deliver for free locally in most cases. His prices are also some of the best I've come acoross and he stocks more Meguiar's products than even the PBE stores around here.

In particular the one service he offers I value the most is he sells the detailer line of products in smaller individual bottles. When 4 gallons was the minimum order he'd sell them to people by the gallon or in their smaller 16 or 32 oz bottles. Now he continues that by selling those products in their respective 16 or 32 oz bottles so if you don't need that much you can simply buy a small bottle or try it before you invest in a gallon or more.

I honestly can't say enough good about ADS. Between my dad and me I think we've spent near $1,000 with him in the past year or so (of course that's a DA and a rotary buffer thrown in to that figure).

Mike Phillips
Sep 15th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Aurora40
I go with Meguiar's.com. They have flat $5.95 shipping, and also I get a discount there. I like to imagine that stuff has been on the shelf the shortest period of time also, but that may not be true.

But if stuff is on sale or I'm gonna buy non-Meg's stuff too, I'll use other places like Autopia or Autogeek or CMA to combine an order. :)

Hi Aurora40,

Just wanted to chime in on this,

Meguiar's charges shipping based on order total... it is not a flat fee of $5.95. It may be that all of your orders have fallen within that price range so it would appear that we we are only charging a flat rate.

Here is the breakdown on shipping charges:

Up to $25.00 - $5.95
$25.01 to $50.00 - $8.95
$50.01 to $75.00 - $10.95
$75.01 to $100.00 - $12.95
$100.01 to $150.00 - $14.95
$150.01 to $200.00 - $16.95
$200.01 and up - $18.95

Mike

Jimmy Buffit
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Finishmaster.com (http://www.finishmaster.com)

Altho their online presence is not much, as a PBE, they have it all. Delivery is usually (for me) same day!

Worth a look ...

Jim

(Having said that, Meg's service is really quite good, and delivery is only 2 days, to my location...)

Aurora40
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips
Hi Aurora40,

Just wanted to chime in on this,

Meguiar's charges shipping based on order total... it is not a flat fee of $5.95. It may be that all of your orders have fallen within that price range so it would appear that we we are only charging a flat rate.

Here is the breakdown on shipping charges:

Up to $25.00 - $5.95
$25.01 to $50.00 - $8.95
$50.01 to $75.00 - $10.95
$75.01 to $100.00 - $12.95
$100.01 to $150.00 - $14.95
$150.01 to $200.00 - $16.95
$200.01 and up - $18.95

Mike

Is that new? I've ordered $100+ worth of product many times and never been charged more than $5.95 in shipping. :confused:

Chris Nemlich
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:56 AM
I find Meguiars.com to be the best place. All of the other sites I have tried out lack certain products. Also, the customer support people at Meguiar's are amazing!

:xyxthumbs

Chris

dschribs
Dec 3rd, 2004, 03:22 AM
I just ordered a bunch of stuff from these guys. You have to order over $50 (which wasn't a problem for me) or you will be hit with a "service charge". Pirces are unbeatable and they've gotten good reviews on Autopia....

The Tool Warehouse (http://thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/MAN132_TTW453.html)

travisdecpn
Dec 3rd, 2004, 07:15 PM
Stumbled upon www.cleanacar.com last night, they have pretty good prices. Also, the tool warehouse is good, but i highly suggest that you phone in your order, i ordered online and assumed my order was going to be filled, came a week later with a note that said i needed to reorder about half of the stuff because they were out. No prior message was given to me. However, when i phoned customer service, they told me that if you phone in your order they can tell you whether or not they have the stuff. The prices are great, as long as they have the product.

garry42
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:04 AM
I have ordered from www.carcaresmart.com a few times and have found their service be excellent. They carry a good selection of Meg's products, prices are fair, and shipping is usually within 48 hours. Best of all (for us Canucks) is that they are located in Canada so no Duty or currency exchange hassles.

txz28
Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:55 AM
I have ordered supplies from all these vendors listed. I must say that I have gotten top notch service from all of them.

Mike Phillips
Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Aurora40
Is that new? I've ordered $100+ worth of product many times and never been charged more than $5.95 in shipping. :confused:

I don't work in shipping, or sales so I asked someone that does and what I posted was what I was sent via e-mail. I can check into this again and see what I can find out.

Mike

Aurora40
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips
I don't work in shipping, or sales so I asked someone that does and what I posted was what I was sent via e-mail. I can check into this again and see what I can find out.

Mike
Heheh, either way is cool with me Mike. I don't mind paying a flat rate of $5.95 shipping, though! :D :)

Rob66
Apr 21st, 2005, 04:02 AM
Have used Meguiars.co.uk here in the UK and their customer service is second to none and they have a well laid out site. And its easy to find individual products (take a look)!

But is it me or is it difficult to locate products on Meguiars.com site? They list the best sellers, but if your after something else it takes a while to find it!

Rob

CJ from Rocklin, CA
Apr 21st, 2005, 07:50 AM
So far I have only purchased my detail supplies from two vendors; Autopia and Meguiar's. I would like to see Meguiar's just have a list of all of their products with the products description, cost and shopping cart. By having a user friendly list it makes shopping much easier and the customer doesn't have to "click around" the Meguiar's site. I haven't had any problems with Meguiar's products so personally I can't say how they stand behind their products. However from what I have read in the past I have concluded there would be no problems. Autopia stood behind their products, no questions asked, i.e. buffing pad separating. I had a replacement within that week.

CJ

magnus
Apr 21st, 2005, 11:10 AM
CJ from Rocklin,

My parents just moved to your area, and my Dad was mentioning that there was a local auto parts store, by the name of Riebes, that carried a lot of Meguiar's products.

I have not been there myself, but you might want to take a look. I'll double check with him this weekend and have him tell me exactly where it is.

Beercan31
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:27 AM
It's hard enough to fined the products I use so I'm loyal to a semi-local dealer for my Meg's stuff. Yeh I know there's a small mark up but that's the price I can pay for a dealer that will carry almost all of the Meguiar's pro and consumer line. and the product still need to come from the Meguiar's warehouse anyway so it's a win-win situation all around.

Pal Automotive Specialties, Inc.
1627 Stelton Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854

Bill D
Jun 6th, 2005, 09:52 AM
I do miss his store.

Scottwax
Jun 6th, 2005, 05:32 PM
www.wash-solutions.com

Biggest Meguiars distributor in Texas (maybe the US), extremely well stocked and they ship anywhere. Local for me but worth checking into if you live in Texas, Oklahoma or other surrounding states.

ProvLaq
Jul 7th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I buy all of my Meguiar products from Providence Lacquer. www.providencelacquer.com

Bama
Jul 8th, 2005, 04:01 AM
If possible, I will buy them in a retail store. If I have to order what I am looking for, I generally order off of Meguiars.com. I have also used Autobarn.com to order Meguiar's products, and I would use this company again.

Mad iX
Jul 10th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Rick
Well while we're compiling a list I use www.autodetailingsolutions.com

Yes they're local to me, but he will ship anywhere (and I believe shipping is free on any order over $200). Rick who runs it is a great guy, he also put on our Arizona clinic. For anyone local he offers a great personal service and will deliver for free locally in most cases. His prices are also some of the best I've come acoross and he stocks more Meguiar's products than even the PBE stores around here.

In particular the one service he offers I value the most is he sells the detailer line of products in smaller individual bottles. When 4 gallons was the minimum order he'd sell them to people by the gallon or in their smaller 16 or 32 oz bottles. Now he continues that by selling those products in their respective 16 or 32 oz bottles so if you don't need that much you can simply buy a small bottle or try it before you invest in a gallon or more.

I've got nothing but good things to say about Rick, even though I'm in Australia.
I've also ordered from PakShak and they're great too.
Autogeek can be a bit slow to respond, but once shipped, it gets to me pretty quick.

Tom Weed
Jul 15th, 2005, 04:02 AM
I agree with AutoDetailingSolutions, Rick has been great to deal with and I was able to get the new Meguiars products from him before I could get them any where else. Shipping from Arizona to Indiana takes a few days, but if you are able to plan ahead, it's no biggie.

Tom

Blr123
Sep 7th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Afternoon all,

I will go along with ADS & Rick simply because I have just ordered my DA etc and spoken to him over the phone (from the UK) he's very helpfull and easy to deal with, and he will deliver worldwide, my order should be here shortly :xyxthumbs

ADS also accept all types of cerdit card, I did start with other suppliers but they couldn't accept Switch.

Bryan

amg/md
Oct 9th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I started detailing my own cars in mid Sept.
First I looked locally in MD at retailers and compiled a number of items.
Then I ordered a bunch from Megs. They were very helpful on the phone and this forum is great!!
Now I have an order in with Rick at ADS for the DA and all the stuff for it.
Both Megs and ADS are tops in my book.

Jeff Smith
Nov 8th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by amg/md

Both Megs and ADS are tops in my book.

Ditto

Shiny Lil Detlr
Nov 9th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax
www.wash-solutions.com

Biggest Meguiars distributor in Texas (maybe the US), extremely well stocked and they ship anywhere. Local for me but worth checking into if you live in Texas, Oklahoma or other surrounding states.

OK this is a new one on me.... does Turtle Wax have a pro line out?

Mark2
Dec 27th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Since Meguiars don't ship to international adresses i've found that autogeek is an alright place to order Meguiars stuff from.

Desertdawg
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:13 PM
I've gone with Rick at autodetailingsolutions, nice to order the smaller bottles, and they even throw in a bag too!!!.:D

Godiva
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:53 PM
1. Never volunteer.

2. Always know where the bathroom is.

3. If you can't afford to pay someone, you better learn to do it yourself.

4. Always go to the boss.

#3 is why I went to the Meguiar's Saturday class and learned how to take care of my car myself.

#4 is why I'll shop the Meguiar's website. I figure they are sure to have all of their own products, no worry about them not carrying something.

However....I probably will order at least once from AutoDetailingSolutions because I want a Meguiar's duffle to carry my G100 dual action polisher and all of the pads and I can't find the duffle on the Meguiar's website, only the deluxe detailing bag and I don't know if that's big enough. I figure I can always buy $75 worth of clay and brushes and stuff to get the duffle.

amari
Jan 8th, 2006, 12:44 AM
I don't buy online very often because of the expensive international shipping.. :wall:

We have a local agent here in UAE for Meguiars :xyxthumbs , and all my supply come from them. Thier prices a bit high but they deliver for free ;)

nick1897
May 1st, 2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Desertdawg
I've gone with Rick at autodetailingsolutions, nice to order the smaller bottles, and they even throw in a bag too!!!.:D

F-150
May 1st, 2006, 08:08 PM
I prefer

Auto Detailing Solutions (http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com)
Of course since I live in Arizona and I can pick up what I order instead of waiting for shipping. I highly recommend Auto Detailing Solutions to anyone. It has great deals and prices as well as pretty much anything I need. Rick's the guy that runs the website. He's a very nice guy and is very flexible, whenever I place an order for pickup later in the day he'll have it ready what ever time is good for me, even during times when he's extremely buisy he'll try to make it work. He also offers great advice, I cannot thank Rick enough for his services. Another plus is that some products that only come in gallons, you can get in sampler bottles of them.

PaBlkBrd
May 2nd, 2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Desertdawg

:iagree: Great prices and fast shipping!

DefJux921
May 5th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Godiva
...I probably will order at least once from AutoDetailingSolutions because I want a Meguiar's duffle to carry my G100 dual action polisher...

If you're interested in caring for your G100DA there is an excellent hard plastic molded case that keeps the polisher in place and protected - I found this by asking here on these forums.

http://www.detailersparadise.com/View.asp?ProductID=6510132003222172%2D1225212614067

If for some reason the above link no longer works just go to http://www.detailersparadise.com and click on buffing and polishing and than polishing carrying cases. I bought it for myself and it's great..

zeefauna
May 12th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by F-150
I prefer

Auto Detailing Solutions (http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com)
Of course since I live in Arizona and I can pick up what I order instead of waiting for shipping. I highly recommend Auto Detailing Solutions to anyone. It has great deals and prices as well as pretty much anything I need. Rick's the guy that runs the website. He's a very nice guy and is very flexible, whenever I place an order for pickup later in the day he'll have it ready what ever time is good for me, even during times when he's extremely buisy he'll try to make it work. He also offers great advice, I cannot thank Rick enough for his services. Another plus is that some products that only come in gallons, you can get in sampler bottles of them.

:iagree: tooooo.....

Rick is the best.. And this comes all the way from Singapore. He's been a great help, answering ALL my emails on some recommendations i asked for! Got my G100A from him too...

DetailManiac
May 12th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I ordered up to 3 times from ADS and it went OK every time
Rick is a great guy and helped my all the time with any of
my questions, so I am really sad that he don't ship to Europe
anymore :( :confused:

TrufflePig
May 14th, 2006, 04:26 AM
autodetailingsolutions.com

sneek
May 14th, 2006, 01:40 PM
ADS doesn't ship to Canada!!

"International Orders
* We are no longer processing International orders. ":mad:
I was going to put in a massive order because our dollar is doing so well but not i have to order from autogeek, which is wayy more expensive :(

monkuboy
Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:44 AM
Well I'm new to all this stuff but I just placed an order with Rick at ADS today and have to add my two cents about him being a great guy to deal with. He answered all my e-mails right away and was very helpful. I wound up ordering more than I was planning to, but figured I might as well bump it up to $100 so I could get the free duffle bag, also. ($100.86 - just got in under the wire!). He made it a very good buying experience!

9T6
Jun 2nd, 2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by monkuboy
Well I'm new to all this stuff but I just placed an order with Rick at ADS today and have to add my two cents about him being a great guy to deal with. He answered all my e-mails right away and was very helpful. I wound up ordering more than I was planning to, but figured I might as well bump it up to $100 so I could get the free duffle bag, also. ($100.86 - just got in under the wire!). He made it a very good buying experience!

Yeah, me too. Bought stuff from Rick last week also. Very pleasant and very fast shipping to the east coast. Got some good advice too for free........lol

monkuboy
Jun 2nd, 2006, 06:31 PM
I placed my order today and he said it would ship on Monday. Then later on in the day I received an e-mail saying my order had been shipped out today. Now that's great service!

SD DIESEL
Jun 7th, 2006, 09:35 AM
:xyxthumbs :bounce party:

lhanley
Jul 9th, 2006, 02:20 PM
www.autodetailingsolutions.com

Allows me (the consumer) to buy the professional line products and Megs products not readily available at the 3+ auto stores and assorted other chains in my area. Believe me-nothing more frustrating than spending hours reading the forum and planning your arsenal to realize that you can't find a complete line of anything in half a dozen stores. ADS also provides these in a consumer friendly quantity.
ADS is meticulous in packing. I haven't a a leaky package yet.

TKDDAD
Jul 18th, 2006, 03:56 AM
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Murr1525
Jul 18th, 2006, 12:27 PM
I know, why do I always end up spending more at ADS than I planned to....:(

Zet
Jul 19th, 2006, 03:52 AM
It's so sad that ADS has stopped shipping internationally :(

F-150
Jul 19th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Hey wasn't there another prefered online Meguiar's vendor thread a while back? And everyone in the U.S. concluded that ADS was the best and Meguiars.com was next?

TKDDAD
Jul 20th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Zet
It's so sad that ADS has stopped shipping internationally :(

We ship products from our company to over 50 diffferent countries and it's a logistics nightmare...especially the documentation etc, etc...maybe you could start an ADS in Denmark ?....

Originally posted by Murr1525
I know, why do I always end up spending more at ADS than I planned to :(

I know the reason I do is to spread out the shipping charges so that are more palitable :( ...and you always NEED more stuff !!!

96Lude
Jul 25th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I would just like to add something regarding AutoGeek. I ordered a few products from them a few days ago including APC which is almost impossible to find in Canada in the 1 gallon quantity. We have it available in 5 gallon sizes, but that's way too much for most of us.

I placed my order on July 21 and it arrived today only 4 days later which is awesome. Not only did they ship fast, but the products were well packaged. They even taped the cap on the bottle of APC to ensure that it would not leak during transit. Another great thing is that they ship to Canada with USPS which means that us Canadians do not pay any brokerage fees or any extra duty taxes when we receive the products. I absolutely hate UPS for this reason and I will never order anything again from the U.S. if it is being shipped with UPS.

If you are Canadian like myself, I would give AutoGeek a try, you will not be disappointed.

:xyxthumbs

rascal
Jul 25th, 2006, 08:00 PM
ADS (Auto Detailer's Solution) for me! Rick takes care of my orders accurately and fast. They have pretty much anything you need as far as Meguiar's and then some. The only thing they don't carry is painter's tape. ;) :LOLOL:

96Lude
Jul 25th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I did order from ADS a while back and I have to agree that their service was very good. However, ADS does not ship to Canada anymore which means it is no longer an option for us Canadians.

rqk
Jul 26th, 2006, 02:54 PM
My vote for "other" was for Auto Detailing Solutions

PaintPolisher
Sep 2nd, 2006, 04:04 PM
Rick at ADS is my supplier - I really like the smaller sizes he offers for products I do not use often enough to justify the large size only offered at Meg.com
Al

BuckeyeMCS
Sep 17th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Is it me or is anyone else surprised ADS is not on the list?
Rick is really helpful and knowledgeable.:xyxthumbs Scottwax2

Tungsten
Sep 17th, 2006, 01:05 PM
www.autodetailsolutions.com

:)

evo77
Sep 17th, 2006, 06:58 PM
All my orders through ADS only. :xyxthumbs

GSKTech
Sep 18th, 2006, 03:32 AM
...Another great thing is that they ship to Canada with USPS which means that us Canadians do not pay any brokerage fees or any extra duty taxes when we receive the products. ...

96lude - Last month,
I ordered from autogeek at your suggestion,

however I DID have to pay extra duty when the products arrived.

:(

hammer55
Sep 26th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I just ordered from ads, g100 and some assortment of pads,

Bronco4me
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:42 PM
ADS usually, but sometimes Meguiar's too.

BlackElantraGT
Oct 13th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I've ordered twice now from ADS and I couldn't be happier with the customer service and prices he offers.

I wonder why they're not one of the options to pick from on the poll (besides other)?

J. A. Michaels
Mar 3rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Ads is my online vender of choice. Rick is always very helpful and imho always has very good prices and ships your orders asap. Very nice to deal with.

keesue
Mar 3rd, 2007, 07:11 PM
I second that (or how every many I'm in line)...

kenwarthen
Mar 4th, 2007, 04:34 AM
I normally buy directly from meguiars.com, but when I'm looking for a discontinued product like Meguiars brushes or M38 I use Sparkle Auto (www.sparkleauto.com) out of the Garden City, Kansas. I have been very pleased with their service. They even include a bag of great cookies with a miniimum order.

Ken

TKDDAD
Apr 2nd, 2007, 10:47 AM
Ads is my online vender of choice. Rick is always very helpful and imho always has very good prices and ships your orders asap. Very nice to deal with.

Couldn't :iagree: More !!!!

gb387
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:22 PM
This tread pops up from time to time....

I have purchased from both ADS and Meguiars, I voted for Meguairs in this post some time ago at the same time ADS is also great to deal with.

Now to my reason for posting, do the math before you purchase I did it prior to my recent purchase... Keeping in mind Meguiars offers free shipping over $75.00 (from the 800 #). You might be surprised, I was, my last purchase @ Meguiars came in lower. Food for thought.

Lydia
Apr 10th, 2007, 03:34 AM
I've ordered from Meguiar's and ADS. Both of them are great, all though I have had one or two glitches when ordering from Meguiar's. They weren't anything big, though. Rick is a great guy to deal with; he's very helpful and accomodating. It almost goes without saying that Meguiar's has awesome customer service. Pricewise, ADS is cheaper BUT I never figured in the shipping, as gb387 said. I didn't even realize that Meguiar's offered free shipping over orders of $75 with the 800 number. Shipping with ADS isn't much though. Both are good vendors but I find myself ordering from ADS more often than Meguiar's.

BlueZero
Dec 18th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Keeping in mind Meguiars offers free shipping over $75.00 (from the 800 #).

I did not know that. Thanks for the tip Brandon.

pcmark
Jan 19th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Keep in mind that if you live in cold climates where in winter it's well below freezing, it's unwise to order shipped liquids. However, other times of year, I order from Meguiar's online. It seems like my local Wal-Mart and Pep Boys never have the full range of Meg items I need (like they still have NXT, but not 2.0!).

ozSS
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:06 AM
voting for autogeek as theyre the only one that will ship internationally... pricing seems competitive and service is good, plus product range is excellent. although still waiting for NXT 2.0 to appear on their new products page!

Mike Phillips
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Might be time to start a new Poll as Autopia doesn't carry our line any longer, not sure about CMA?

Nappers
Jan 24th, 2008, 07:21 PM
True, add Kevin Brown as he's a authorized Meguiars dealer with experience and know how to make sure you get the right stuff too.

JDMb18c
Jan 25th, 2008, 06:49 PM
i've checked out other sites but i'd have to say its ADS all the way. Not only is thier product selection excellent, but they have great prices on a lot of thier stuff. Even for thier microfiber products, i can buy a pack of 3 towels and come out with one free (in a way). they rock!

thejazzguy
Feb 12th, 2008, 09:21 PM
...still waiting for NXT 2.0 to appear on their new products page!

2.0 just got listed over at Autogeek! :spot

Stevens Detailing
Feb 18th, 2008, 08:20 AM
It's not on the list but www.shinesupply.com (http://www.shinesupply.com) is a great place to buy!

Forum memebers get 20% off!:xyxthumbs

Playr
Feb 21st, 2008, 01:01 PM
Do CA residents pay sales tax when buying from Meg's Online? I imagine they do but just checking.

mattaleca
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:44 PM
i've checked out other sites but i'd have to say its ADS all the way. Not only is thier product selection excellent, but they have great prices on a lot of thier stuff. Even for thier microfiber products, i can buy a pack of 3 towels and come out with one free (in a way). they rock!
Rick is awesome. Some how he has the best Megs priceses on the net. Plus no CA tax. Love it.

sstg
Feb 27th, 2008, 07:48 AM
You just can't beat rick at ADS.IMHO.

Playr
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:07 PM

True.

DieselMDX
Mar 25th, 2008, 12:36 AM
wow didnt know u can get free shipping from the number

I was going to pay 17 bux for shipping not anymore!!!

Silverado12
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Auto Detailing Solutions is the best vendor out there IMO. They carry every Meguiar's product you can think of, they have excellent customer service, and very fast shipping (arrives within 2-3 days) with UPS Tracking. Best of all, their prices are much lower than standard retail pricing and everything is available in bulk. I also have to compliment them on their packaging; everything is bubble wrapped and sealed in plastic bags while the box is padded with peanuts. I can't say enough good things about ADS.

Personally, I haven't been very happy with Meguiars.com. Processing time takes forever, and after that, the package can take almost two weeks to arrive. Their packaging isn't great either, throwing SS microfibers loose and unwrapped in a box with unsealed products to leak all over them. Sorry, but ADS gets my vote.

Autogeek is also a great site, although pricing can be a little high.

pcfxer
Apr 30th, 2008, 11:43 AM
KGCCS, cheaper than most local shops, not on the leading edge of Meguiar's products however the package deals are great for those starting out and replenishing stock for a variety of items.

RogueGypsy
Apr 30th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I voted ADS. I try to get what I can locally, but some things are hard to find.

I have to say I'm very happy with ADS. The packing is outstanding. I ordered a foamaster, included was a 32oz bottle of Super Soap (smells like bubble gum, good job Megs). Not only was the bottle bagged and rubber banded, but the lid had a piece of plastic threaded under it as well. WOW! There was no-way that was going to leak on anything.

Oh, and I love free stuff..........I'm easy that way, if you want me as a customer, give me free stuff. ADS gives me free stuff. Gotta love free stuff.

After reading this thread, I'll have to try Megs 800#. Free shipping = Free stuff. ; )

:rofl:

mattaleca
May 1st, 2008, 04:53 AM
Just ordered some more goodies from ADS last night. Can't beat their price, shipping, & no sales TAX. The only problem is when I placed the order, my wife had to buy something as well ($70 @ bed bath & beyond) She can smell the Visa card. Guess I should start ordering at work. :dp:

Markus Kleis
Jun 4th, 2008, 01:01 AM

Agreed. Rick is THE go to man for your detailing product needs. He knows his stuff, and has incredibly prices...oh and did I mention he's incredibly HONEST and QUICK? I get my deliveries overnight every time...at no extra cost (perk of being in So Cal, he's in AZ).

A good example would be when I accidentally ordered a Meg's polishing compound that was ROTARY only...Rick remembered me and knew I only used a G100 and a FLEX...he called me before billing/shipping to confirm, and remove the product from my order.

Seriously, who does that? Talk about honest... :xyxthumbs

VoicesInMyHead
Jul 26th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Have to chime in for Rick @ ADS!
Ordered late at night, was ready for pickup the next afternoon . He allowed me to make a change to my order, and suggested a change, of which I took his advice, for yet another order change... still ready! Awesome Prices, Great Advice, Nice & Honest Guy! :woot1

mpbsystem
Jul 27th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I just started stocking up on Meguiars detailer line and professional Mirror Glaze line products for use at the home and at my small detailing business. Rick @ ADS (autodetailingsolutions.com). Rick has processed my orders quickly, shipped next or same business day, and answers emails quickly. He has my Meguiars orders long as he stays in business. If you create one order with him you will never go to anyone else guaranteed.

ZoranC
Jul 27th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Meguiars.com and ADS go without saying.

However, there is one more "online vendor" everybody should be aware of: Kevin Brown.

Not only he is up there among the best with knowledge and experience in the product line, and is a pleasure to work with, but he is also a treasure trove of having such a rare items in stock like G500 rotary handle is.

Superior Shine
Jul 27th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Meguiars.com and ADS go without saying.

However, there is one more "online vendor" everybody should be aware of: Kevin Brown.

Not only he is up there among the best with knowledge and experience in the product line, and is a pleasure to work with, but he is also a treasure trove of having such a rare items in stock like G500 rotary handle is.

I agree. Lets not forget the way he packs the order. Very safe and leak proof.

It is obvious he puts allot of extra care and love into the order.

Kevin, this is for you.....:xyxthumbs

Mikejl
Sep 3rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
I have purchased from both Meguiar's Direct and ADS. Both were positive experiences, but I have to give the nod to ADS. Better prices, no tax, and speedy delivery. The two times I ordered from ADS I used standard shipping and received the packages two days.

Mike

Markus Kleis
Sep 3rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Since my first vote for ADS I have successfully completed probably 5-6 more orders...and even still I have not a single negative thing to say about ADS.

For anyone out there even remotely hesitant to buy online, let me say this...with ADS you NEED NOT WORRY! He's as safe, secure, legitimate, honest, and quick as one could possibly hope for.

Rick truly cares for and appreciates his customers, and to be honest, he's one of the biggest reasons I tend to work almost exclusively with Meguiar's products. No joke, I literally seek out information on products he carries so I can learn to use what ADS sells for the fact that I prefer his prices and policies (and the shopping experience) over everything else.

That's a strong statement!

somarr
Sep 4th, 2008, 07:35 AM
So can somebody provide Kevin's site? I would like to check it out.

Thanks!

CowboyTruckn
Sep 4th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Does anybody know where I can purchase something and get free shipping? It's just a matter of principle to me. If I have to pay for the product and pay for them to ship it I don't need it. I even have a code for Ebay for free shipping.

ZoranC
Sep 4th, 2008, 07:44 PM
So can somebody provide Kevin's site? I would like to check it out.
He does not have a Web site (yet) but if you PM him here, user name Kevin Brown, that should be good enough. After all it is Meguiar's that he sells.

ColonelCash
Oct 8th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I have had a couple fantastic orders through ADS, some of the best service I've ever seen. Having said that, I live in Nashville, TN....about 2 minutes from the Mirror Glaze plant where they bottle some, if not all of the products. It's crazy to me that I can't go buy a bottle of M105 directly from Meguiars and not have things shipped from TN to Arizona then back to TN. Can anyone from Meguiars chime in on this?

Lexus Guy04
Oct 14th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I was wondering the reasoning to this question too Colonel, since I live right outside of Nashville as well. Hopefully Mike or someone else at Meguiar's can chime in.

Carfire
Dec 31st, 2008, 11:18 PM
ADS no question about it.

Dibbuz
Jan 1st, 2009, 02:56 AM
Vic Freeman from Sparkle Auto, fast and always quick on the email response.

hibble1
Jan 1st, 2009, 05:33 PM
So far Ive dealt with and had positive results with Megs.com,autogeek and ADS my favorite is ADS because they offer quantities that allow u to try different products without buying the full sizes and their prices are good so you'l go back and order the gallon.

Beginner2002
Jan 31st, 2009, 08:07 AM
ADS - My Online One Stop Shopping for car care products! :xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs

Tuck91
Feb 9th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I order my products from Meguiars.com

BigLouie
Feb 10th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Meg's Direct is my favorite.

MDetail
Feb 11th, 2009, 03:57 PM
So far Ive dealt with and had positive results with Megs.com,autogeek and ADS my favorite is ADS because they offer quantities that allow u to try different products without buying the full sizes and their prices are good so you'l go back and order the gallon.

x2 + I usually get my stuff next day!

Nappers
Mar 26th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Just wanted to give Kevin Brown a fair shake on this poll!

I've chatted with him behind the scenes and the help he has given me in the past has been priceless.

Recently, we were chatting and he asked me if there were any products I would like to try.

I responded with products that I have not tried yet and we also discussed Mirka products. I merrily told him what I haven't tried and explained that I wasn't looking for a handout.

Lo and behold, I received some little sample bottles of products along with different sized/grit of Mirka sanding disks along with some pads. Now, I have to do homework with the Mirka products and do some playing around with them.

Besides his awesome show-offs and extreme make-overs he is an authorized Meguiar's dealer with the know how of the products for your application. Heck, you can probably tell him what your working on, condition of paint and he can set you up with what products you need so you don't buy products you may not need. He knows his stuff, Hand, DA and Rotary to boot!

Just my .02 worth.

Maserati Mario
Mar 26th, 2009, 07:41 PM
ADS gives you free stuff!

spamlova
Mar 26th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Pakshak gets my vote. I live in Hawaii.

ClearlyCoated
Mar 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I just joined the Truth in Detailing forum and as I was clicking through a few threads, I found one member's hyperlink to a manufacturer of shop vacs. The manufacturer posted a page listing all of the online auto detailing vendors that carry their products, and many of these vendors carry Megs detailing products as well.

Here's the link to that page (http://www.metrovacworld.com/Shopping/distributors.asp?select=VA&Submit=GO! (http://www.metrovacworld.com/Shopping/distributors.asp?select=VA&Submit=GO%21))

cardriver
May 19th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Autodetailingsolutions (ADS).
-Supplies at my door within 5-7 days of placing my order.
-My most recent order (49 lbs of stuff) for only $16 shipping! Tracking # provided as well. UPS if I recall.
-They have everything I need.
-The proprietor/owner guy of the site, Rick, responds to my email queries within 1 day of me asking. Very concise, polite.
-And probably the best of all...the best darn prices for Megs supplies around. No sales, no hassle, just awesome prices all the time. I can't praise this guy enough. My 3rd order so far @ ~$400 spent total, and I'm loving every bit of it so far.
Thanks for supporting my hobby, Rick & Co at ADS! :wavey

And I have to throw in some thanks for all the members here & Megs Reps in the forums who are so helpful!

Eddie6th
May 25th, 2009, 04:28 PM
at the moment i order from DemonTweeks in England.Very hard to find in Italy.

Benzboy280
Jul 3rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
demontweaks?

Man.....i havent heard about that website in ages....I remember i used to have a friend of mine looking at their catalogue and commenting on how expensive they were!!! :D

Anyway, Ive had a friend of mine order stuff from amazon and ADS and he's going to ship it across to me. Ill see what he has to say about dealing with ADS....before i vote.

enzodetailing
Jan 24th, 2010, 07:57 PM
i saw a website called detailing.com but i use the meguiars chemical truck.

guy
May 1st, 2010, 05:58 PM
Try Amazon, They have a good selection and if you have Amazon Prime you get free shipping. Just ordered some M105 on sat. and will have it by tuesday! I like ADS also but shipping takes a full week (like their sample program). Guy.

Bill Davidson
May 1st, 2010, 09:56 PM
I have to say AutoGeek. They price match, they ship to Canada and they base their shipping rates by price. I don't have to guess how much it is going to cost to get the product to me.

Ravi_1992
Aug 25th, 2010, 11:00 AM
For Canadians - Detailingdepot.ca

For Americans- Autodetailingsolutions.com

For the world- Autogeek.com ( because they ship everywhere )

Flash Gordon
Sep 30th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I like purchasing my Meguiars products through Kevin Brown. I always ask that he puts a special blessing on my goods. Plus, if you ever have a question regarding there products, Kevin is always there to lend a helping hand/ear. I can't think of anyone who knows Meguiars products better then KB :dancing3

Superior Shine
Sep 30th, 2010, 12:19 PM
+1 for KB!!

I get tons of stuff from KB!!!!

Jeff120
Nov 13th, 2010, 03:59 PM
How do you order through Kevin Brown?

Superior Shine
Nov 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM
How do you order through Kevin Brown?

iamwaxman@aol.com

Jeff120
Nov 13th, 2010, 07:38 PM
So you just email him? Any price list or anything?

Superior Shine
Nov 13th, 2010, 07:42 PM
It's not really this hard is it?

STRIFE
Jan 3rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
How about Detailing .com??
Their prices seem pretty good....free shipping on orders of $99 or more.
Anyone use them recently?

I placed an order with AutoGeek...they offered free shipping on orders of $50 or more recently, but does not appear to be a regular promotion??....glad to see people here approve of them

Flash Gordon
Jan 3rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
I placed an order with AutoGeek...they offered free shipping on orders of $50

To Canada? :scratchhead1

STRIFE
Jan 4th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Almost....I order stuff from the US to my US addy in Point Roberts Washington.....just a 20 min drive from my house, short 5-10 min wait at the border....pick up my stuff

therdrman
Jan 4th, 2011, 07:57 PM
i voted other DETAILING.COM has over 305 products to choose from i ordered there. great pricing

Marine Toys
Jan 5th, 2011, 08:05 AM
i voted other DETAILING.COM has over 305 products to choose from i ordered there. great pricing

I second that, they were great to me and shipped to Canada with out any problem
I cant say enough about them
:canadaflag1

Flash Gordon
Jan 5th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Almost....I order stuff from the US to my US addy in Point Roberts Washington.....just a 20 min drive from my house, short 5-10 min wait at the border....pick up my stuff

I second that, they were great to me and shipped to Canada with out any problem
I cant say enough about them
:canadaflag1

Have you guys ever done any business with Ken @ Autowerks? He's a super nice guy and has loads of hands on expierence detailing Scottwax2

iamwaxman@aol.com

Another thing I like about Kevin Brown is he doesn't jam you with over inflated shipping charges. Some of these companys have an entirely different revenue stream just through there shipping depts :huh1

Plus, with Kevin Brown, you get advice that is second 2 none :burnoff

STRIFE
Jan 14th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Have you guys ever done any business with Ken @ Autowerks? He's a super nice guy and has loads of hands on expierence detailing Scottwax2

i know guys who buy stuff there....but i haven't yet.

STRIFE
Jan 14th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I recently placed an order with Auto Geek & ADS.

Gotta say both had free shipping promos which I love.... :)

Both packaged my order extremely well with lots of those foam peanuts.

Auto Geek placed my order in a box, that box was in a larger box surrounded by foam peanuts. All jugs & bottle lids were taped

ADS placed my order in a large box, all 4 jugs were in plastic bags sealed & the lids taped....stuffed with foam peanuts.

I would buy from these 2 vendors again any day.

I am waiting for Detailing.com to have free shipping so I can try them...they have great prices on stuff. I don't have much to buy as I'm loaded with detailin supplies:db: I cannot wait til the weather is nice & warm

Jossy92
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Both companies make me feel like a VIP. Since I am in CA, ADS next day delivery of a single item has got me spoiled. Likewise Autogeeks exchange policy and rapid processing of same.

Troy Fuller
Jan 21st, 2011, 04:26 PM
For the people that live around the ky, oh & Indiana border near the Ohio river, KOI is THE best local Megs vendor.

Their prices are always cheaper than online and no shipping.

They carry all Megs lines.

Marine Toys
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=Flash Gordon;448822]Have you guys ever done any business with Ken @ Autowerks? He's a super nice guy and has loads of hands on expierence detailing Scottwax2

Ken was very good to me , he has a lot of stock, Not much in Meguiar's though. But has great knowledge of other stuff like Race Glaze.

It seems that he buys a lot of his stuff from
http://www.autoobsessed.com

I will buy from Ken again
I do buy from autoabsessed,( in Edmonton) for my Swissvax and Griots
But to ship to Canada, I always buy from Detailing.com
they are amazing and always in stock.

NY946
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Detailing.com!

robert2011
Oct 27th, 2011, 04:04 PM
AutoDetailingSolutions.net

Joe Dragon
Oct 27th, 2011, 05:11 PM
In Denver the local guy is Glaze Distributing, has most Megs stuff and less expensive than other online places.

davey g-force
Oct 27th, 2011, 05:31 PM
For us overseas guys, it's gotta be Autogeek. Last I checked, they are the only ones who ship overseas.

...Plus their service has always been exceptional!

Detail Werks
Oct 30th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Hthe best online Meguiars gender is without a doubt BUFF DADDY.COM .

STRIFE
Oct 30th, 2011, 12:29 PM
just rec'd an order from ADS , got another order coming from ADS and another one shipping soon from AutoGeek..........i have absolutely nothing left to buy....but then there's the new 2012 items coming....?

Detail Werks
Dec 16th, 2012, 10:52 AM
You guys need to check out buffdaddy.com Kevin Brown always gives the best service.

Detail Werks
Jul 11th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Are you kidding me? buffdaddy.com of course

haunted house
Jul 11th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Surf city garage has some of the best customer service I've seen since the last time I've dealt with Bosch tools both companies are incredibly respectful and helpful.