PDA

View Full Version : What else to get along with the G-100?

Chris Nemlich
Sep 14th, 2004, 04:21 PM
I have decided to jump on the new great deal on the G-100. I need to know what I else I should buy since I will have free shipping. I am currently thinking of getting:

Already have 81
already have 9
I need a couple pads....can someone give me the link to the deal that gives u a couple pads for one price? I can't find it

A couple of ultimate bonnets (Are these good and worth it?)

Anything else I should look to get? Maybe some 7?

viper20
Sep 14th, 2004, 04:32 PM
i just ordered my da yesterday and i ordered a bunch of stuff i got the same thing as you plus some ultimate bonnets to remove wax and also i got a couple extra polishing pads. You should also get yourself some good wax i have been hearing good things about #26 especially on red paint and you definitely cant go wrong with nxt. I also ordered a grit guard for washing my car. Hope this helps some

Chris Nemlich
Sep 14th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the advice. I already have 2 bottles of NXT Wax and 2 bottles of The yellow wax...i forget the number. I also have MPPP and Gold class, plus the cleaner wax.

perry
Sep 14th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by williams22
I need a couple pads....can someone give me the link to the deal that gives u a couple pads for one price? I can't find it

Part number WDAV99-B is the set of 2 polishing pads and 1 finishing pad for $25. Pretty good deal really. In the normal store, under Tools & Accessories -> Detailing

Anything else I should look to get? Maybe some 7?

If you have 81, you shouldn't need 7. 81 is the 'clearcoat version' of 7.

Speed Glaze #80 would be good for times that you don't need the abrasiveness of #83, but need a touch more than #82.

Chris Nemlich
Sep 16th, 2004, 02:51 PM
How well do ultimate bonnets work?

Mike Phillips
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by williams22
How well do ultimate bonnets work?

In my opinion, they work great. I like to show them at every detailing clinic and I use them myself with the cars I detail.

Here's a clinic attendee using the Ultimate Bonnet for the first time on his black Viper,

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2BVRemovingTechWax4-med.jpg

The bonnets are reversible, and can be washed and re-used.

I would second the comment on the Speed Glaze, I use this product all the time and consider it a must-have tool in my tool box.

Mike

Chris Nemlich
Sep 17th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Thanks for all the input. I placed my order last night. At first I thought having to order over the phone (In order to get the deal) would be a pain. Wow! It was so quick I was amazed. The guy I talked to knew what i wanted before I even said it. Order over $300 dollars worth and it only took 2 minutes.

Heres what I decided to get:
The DA Special Package
32 oz. 83
32 oz. 82
32 oz. 80
3 ultimate bonnets
2 of the 3 pad packages
Endurance Tire Treatment
Hot Rims/ Cool care
A lot of new foam hand pads
And the video to teach myself how to use the polisher.

Does this look good? Keep in mind I already have about 5 different Meg's waxes and a bunch of polishes and stuff like that. This is baically all for the new polisher with the exception of endurance and hot rims because I ran out of those products this week.