PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite "pure polish"?

akimel
Sep 27th, 2008, 06:36 AM
In the Meguiar's world, a pure polish does not contain abrasives. Pure polishes include DC2, #3, #5, #7 and #81. Pure polishes are distinguished from combination products that both clean and polish (e.g., #9, #80, #82), as well as combination products that clean, polish and wax (e.g., ColorX and Cleaner Wax).

Do you use a pure polish, either occasionally or regularly? If yes, what is your favorite?

seth1066
Sep 27th, 2008, 06:58 AM
In the Meguiar's world, a pure polish does not contain abrasives. Pure polishes include DC1, #3, #5, #7 and #81. My favorite, M3, has an abrasive rating of 1 on the container.

Sal329
Sep 27th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I use a pure polish often, I use to to remove old LSP and make sure paint is clean and ready for the new LSP. The only one from Meguiars I have used is DC2 and it works great

SHYNEMAN123
Sep 27th, 2008, 08:28 AM
# 3 by machine
#7 by hand

J. A. Michaels
Sep 27th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I like #5. It is great to use in humid, Florida.

Daniel Kinder
Sep 27th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I voted for #7 because of it's great liquid wet look but use it only in my garage.

Anytime I go do a mobile I will always take a bottle of #5 new car glaze like JA Michaels stated for it's great ability to be applied in humid conditions and looks just as great.

Have use the DC polish as well and it too does a great job just haven't used in a while, so maybe will detail the wifes car in the next week or so and apply a good coat of DC polish.

Haven't tried the #3 or #81 yet so can't give any type of comments plan on getting a bottle of the #81 to try out soon though.

Any one's comments about the #81, it's about like #7 right? and the #3 is somewhat like #5 without the ability to be applied in humid conditions and with a cut meter of 1 as seth1066 stated.

OhioCarBuff
Sep 28th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I've used #7 for 12 years, however I recently discovered #81 and voted for #81 because it is so user friendly and requires so much less effort then #7, and the results look the same to me

Ryan L.
Sep 28th, 2008, 01:17 PM
#7 for me...great product all around!!

Ryan

gb387
Oct 10th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I am a big fan of #81! I do need to give #7 another shot sometime.

Michael Stoops
Oct 11th, 2008, 05:44 AM
I use a pure polish often, I use to to remove old LSP and make sure paint is clean and ready for the new LSP. The only one from Meguiars I have used is DC1 and it workds great
Just to clarify here an in akimel's original post: DC1 (Deep Crystal Step 1) is a paint cleaner, not a polish. DC2 (Deep Crystal Step 2) is a pure polish.

Sal329, if you're using DC1 to remove and old LSP then you're doing the right thing as it is a paint cleaner. A pure polish won't remove your previous LSP, nor will it clean the paint.

Just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page here.

akimel
Oct 11th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Michael, thanks for catching the typo. If a moderator could edit my post and change "DC1" to "DC2" I'd appreciate it.

48prerunner
Oct 11th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I always used #7 but they had agreat sale on #5 at Hershey so now i'm trying that

Johnson
Oct 16th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I see that #7 is pretty damn popular. Must be some pretty good stuff. Could I use that instead of the DC2. Does it cover the same thing as that? Just want to clarify

gsxr310
Oct 17th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I see that #7 is pretty damn popular. Must be some pretty good stuff. Could I use that instead of the DC2. Does it cover the same thing as that? Just want to clarify

yes. after dc1, i'll use #7 and top it off w/ nxt2.0

RamAirV1
Oct 22nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
I've used #7 for 12 years, however I recently discovered #81 and voted for #81 because it is so user friendly and requires so much less effort then #7, and the results look the same to me

My thoughts exactly. I use #81 on black. On lighter colors I am not sure you notice as much benefit from it.

RamAirV1

Johnson
Oct 23rd, 2008, 04:43 PM

Why does the #7 take more effort then the others?

I have never used it, you wouldent need to really work it in like the cleaner would ya? Just putting a light layer on.

Is there a big difference between the Deep Crystal Polish and M07. I know it cost much more.

Just reading on the bottle, It says Do not alow to dry? Why would this be different from wax were you let it glaze. How long do you let it sit before you take it off

CAShine
Oct 23rd, 2008, 07:18 PM
I like #7 as a pure polish. My favorite is #83 which is a cleaner/polisher.

CAShine
Oct 23rd, 2008, 07:23 PM
Just reading on the bottle, It says Do not alow to dry? Why would this be different from wax were you let it glaze. How long do you let it sit before you take it off

You don't allow it to dry because it's not a wax, its a polish. You work the product into a section of the paint, then wipe off.

RogueGypsy
Oct 25th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Just to clarify here an in akimel's original post: DC1 (Deep Crystal Step 1) is a paint cleaner, not a polish. DC2 (Deep Crystal Step 2) is a pure polish.

Sal329, if you're using DC1 to remove and old LSP then you're doing the right thing as it is a paint cleaner. A pure polish won't remove your previous LSP, nor will it clean the paint.

Just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page here.

Man, every time I see a new little tidbit of info like this, the brain goes into overdrive. Has anyone used a glaze or pure polish to polish your LSP? Maybe something like, 2 coats of #26 for even application followed by #7 for a dripping wet look?

Just curious,

Brock

Michael Stoops
Oct 25th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Man, every time I see a new little tidbit of info like this, the brain goes into overdrive. Has anyone used a glaze or pure polish to polish your LSP? Maybe something like, 2 coats of #26 for even application followed by #7 for a dripping wet look?

Just curious,

Brock

You certainly can, and many do. We don't call it "Show Car Glaze" for nothing! Keep in mind, though, that as a final layer any of our pure polishes (M07, M03, M05, M81, DC2) will not last very long at all. They sure will look good though!

Beginner2002
Dec 15th, 2008, 12:41 PM
You certainly can, and many do. We don't call it "Show Car Glaze" for nothing! Keep in mind, though, that as a final layer any of our pure polishes (M07, M03, M05, M81, DC2) will not last very long at all. They sure will look good though!

How does it affect the LSP with M05 on top and what's the humidity range for M05?

Mike Phillips
Dec 15th, 2008, 12:50 PM
How does it affect the LSP with M05 on top and what's the humidity range for M05?

All Meguiar's paint care products are cross-product compatible. (CPC)

Sometimes, it's better to start your own/new thread...

:xyxthumbs

drumdan
Dec 26th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I've used #7 for years. Like all of Meguiars products, it is reliable, and gives consistent, excellent results!

Tuck91
Feb 6th, 2009, 03:01 PM
i use #7 just about every other i time i wax, it works and NXT locks in it nicely

To be named later
Mar 13th, 2009, 08:07 PM
LSP? What is LSP?

I wasn't aware #5 is for humid environments.
Is it "humidity friendly" in terms of the way it can be applied, or is it "humidity friendly" in terms of long lasting standing up to high humidity?

akimel
Mar 14th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Is it "humidity friendly" in terms of the way it can be applied, or is it "humidity friendly" in terms of long lasting standing up to high humidity?

The former. See this post by Accumulator (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=71389&postcount=4), who has been a long-time fan of M05.

LSP? What is LSP?LSP = last step product.

irf@n
Mar 16th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Another #7 user... :)

Underdawg736
Mar 17th, 2009, 03:20 AM
The only pure polish I have (and used) is #7 and It makes a silver car look great!

chang26k
Mar 20th, 2009, 12:44 PM

To my understanding, a polisher will cut. How come you guys are talking about putting a pure polisher over wax. Won't this cut the wax; thus getting rid of the wax or is the wax thick enough that the polish will make the wax flat and even?

I only have dc2 but planning to get #7. But if #7 and dc2 are both pure polish then there is no need for that.

akimel
Mar 20th, 2009, 01:53 PM
To my understanding, a polisher will cut. How come you guys are talking about putting a pure polisher over wax. Won't this cut the wax; thus getting rid of the wax or is the wax thick enough that the polish will make the wax flat and even?

Meguiar's pure polishes are nonabrasive and therefore should not remove a previously applied layer of wax, depending on how you apply it, of course. If you rub real hard or if you use a microfiber applicator instead of a foam applicator, you might remove some or all of the wax, so if you wish to leave the wax intact, be sure to use a foam applicator and apply the polish gently.

I only have dc2 but planning to get #7. But if #7 and dc2 are both pure polish then there is no need for that.

Let us know if you can see a difference between DC2 and #7 in terms of gloss and wetness.

bodieman
Nov 25th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Hello

Just took and advanced course, some of the folks, made a blunder and didn't show up.
The Mike's,.... Stoops and Pennington were just great, Info.I could apply on my next job, and hands on experience, Two thumbs up. And the pizza was great, as well

Bodie man

Detail Union
Jan 29th, 2010, 09:51 AM
NO# 7 is great, the cars look like glass!

Tuck91
Apr 17th, 2010, 07:16 PM
I cannot even remember the last time I used a pure polish.

gmitch23
Jul 19th, 2010, 01:09 PM
i love me some #7

therdrman
Jan 12th, 2011, 07:46 PM
deep crystal polish because i own it hahha