PDA

View Full Version : What browser do you use?

Ryan L.
Oct 11th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Just like the title says and why.

I use Chrome right now..runs the fastest and I like the features such as being able to force quit a tab instead of the whole browser.

Ryan

EDIT: I put in the most popular ones, if there is another one you use a lot, I'll add it on.

PorscheGuy997
Oct 11th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I'm running Opera and really like it. The tabbed browsing has been perfected and the "Speed Dial" is just plain awesome.

It may not be the speed demon of the group, but I find that it saves time by having the "Speed Dial" page so you don't have to hunt for your favorite sites.

J. A. Michaels
Oct 12th, 2008, 04:13 AM
We recently switched to Firefox. Imho Its a hundred times better then IE.

akimel
Oct 12th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I use Camino as my regular browser. It's built on the same Gecko rendering engine that Firefox is built on but is customized expressly for Macs.

Kriez
Oct 12th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Safari here. I've tried Camino but didn't like how it handled RSS feeds as opposed to Safari.

Stevenredx
Oct 12th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Firefox FTW :doublethumbsup2

AeroCleanse
Oct 12th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I use Firefox, and with some tweaks its as fast as Chrome.

Nappers
Oct 12th, 2008, 07:51 AM
IE 7, I've been sheltered, thought there was only 2, Netscape and IE, may research the others...

yalerd
Oct 12th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Firefox v3.

g88
Oct 12th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Opera here since it load faster than Morzilla in my machine

sdprius858
Oct 12th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Firefox most of the time, tried Chrome, just didn't feel right.:scratchhead1

gb387
Oct 12th, 2008, 11:31 AM
IE for me but I have been meaning to download Chrome just haven't done it yet.

kellyinkc
Oct 12th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I use FireFox most of the time. I tried Chrome and it is OK. I removed it from my computer and it asks you "is it something we said". Then it hijacks you to a Google survey about what you thought of the browser. Needless to say I pointed out the automatic reroute in my comments!

Kelly

eric_son
Oct 12th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I like chrome.
Unfortunately, it's missing two plug-ins that I grew to love in Firefox -- ADBLOCK and Mouse Gestures.

In the meantime, I'm using PRIVOXY as a subsitute ADBLOCK for Chrome.
If you're interested, you'll find instructions on installing PRIVOXY with Chrome here:
http://www.fritscher.ch/blog/2008/09/03/google-chrome-adblock-with-privoxy/

Now...just waiting for the mouse gestures.

akimel
Oct 14th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I find it fascinating that so many members of MOL use Firefox, when the large majority of computer users still use Internet Explorer. So what makes MOL members so different? :-)

P.S. I have a Mac and use Camino as my regular browser, but I used to use Firefox when I had a PC.

Mark2
Oct 14th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Many people I know use IE because they don't know that there are other alternatives. When i show them Firefox, most start using that instead.

SHYNEMAN123
Oct 19th, 2008, 05:38 AM
IE

I don't why and I have been having issue lately sometimes when I sign on to Megs that works but when I click on M.O.L it locks up not responding. Anyone esle having this ?:nervous1

Wolf-Strong
Oct 19th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Many people I know use IE because they don't know that there are other alternatives. When i show them Firefox, most start using that instead.
Same experience here. Safer, faster, easier, and free. What isn't there to like about it?

I used Opera once and did really like it, thought it was really fast, and the mouse gestures were pretty cool. When it came right down to it though, Firefox's shortcut keys just 'feel' more natural and in general seems much easier to use.

Michael Stoops
Oct 20th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Used Opera many years ago (before Mozilla/Firefox existed) and liked it quite a bit but moved to Firefox a couple years back. I use Google Chrome for a lot of stuff at home and find it loads super fast, but I have several addins for Firefox that have yet to be developed for Chrome so I find myself using both at times.

My only real complaint about Chrome is that, for me anyway, it's horrible at handling streaming video. YouTube, StreetFire, etc are always choppy in playback using Chrome but are just fine in Firefox, IE, etc. And it sure ain't my computer at home - 2.8gig processor with 2GB RAM and a 10mbit/s connection.

CarbonBlack
Nov 4th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Firefox!
I have serious privacy concerns with Internet explorer and Chrome

-nick

yakky
Nov 5th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Opera- Amazing mobile integration and tons of nice little features.

BigLouie
Nov 5th, 2008, 08:53 AM
IE 7 mostly out of habit. I like FF and Minefield's speed much better. I have a lot of cisco equipment addresses in the favorites of IE that don't work as well in other browsers. Getting really comfortable with Minefield.

Jokeman
Nov 12th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Minefield at the moment.

SpydaLoc
Nov 14th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Palm Treo Browser, at home I'm faithful to IE

Weiler
Nov 14th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Firefox 3 at work (Vista) and Safari at home (Mac OSX)

asim_296
Nov 30th, 2008, 03:17 PM

Yeah that's me too. I didn't know that the alternatives would be better. :D I use IE.

vam_ras
Jan 9th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Firefox for know

sunfire
Jan 23rd, 2009, 10:27 AM
Firefox with adblock plus. That's all you need.

Bunky
Feb 7th, 2009, 06:10 AM
I use Firefox since I like the Scrapbook and Noscript plug ins. I have also used Opera and although it seems to have a snappier response it just seems to load differently. The text shows up fast but the images lag behind whereas firefox seems to render the entire page more evenly.

Barry N
Mar 21st, 2009, 05:12 AM
Another Safari user

Megafast13
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I use the latest Beta Version of FireFox.

FF is the best browser available, it is humorous to see how Microsoft is trying to push IE8, but it's still not up to par.

Eddie6th
Jun 18th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I find it fascinating that so many members of MOL use Firefox, when the large majority of computer users still use Internet Explorer. So what makes MOL members so different? :-)

P.S. I have a Mac and use Camino as my regular browser, but I used to use Firefox when I had a PC.

I've noticed that too..

I used to use firefox and IE7(now IE8).

I just prefer IE8.Firefox is a bit quicker,but I just find it's a bit more involved.Also I think IE8 looks a bit prettier.

10degreesbtdc
Jun 19th, 2009, 03:41 AM
I've been using Firefox for a long, long time, but now I'm switching to something else. Ever since ver 3 came out if I don't physically backup my bookmarks EVERY TIME I close the browser or shut off my PC (or it loses power due to power company outages during storms) all my new bookmarks are gone. Yesterday I bookmarked a dozen or more sites I researched for different subjects, the PC lost power and now they are all gone as if never saved. New folders I created for them are gone too.

I'M done with Mozilla, FOREVER! :furious1:furious1:furious1 Opera, here I come.

Eddie6th
Jun 19th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I find the most handy thing here is Ccleaner for saving cookies.

Dier
Jun 21st, 2009, 05:12 AM
at work = IE6.
at home = IE7 and Firefox v2 and v3...Guess I need to convert one of the PC's into IE8.

Firefox v3 mirror's 99% like IE7, font wise. Color and IMG Clarity FF is better but not liking the how they wrap a URL as you click it. Maybe they will do like IE did and not wrap them.

Alfist-GTV6
Jun 21st, 2009, 05:19 AM
I'm currently using IE7 at the moment.

Eddie6th
Jun 21st, 2009, 12:03 PM
I'm currently using IE7 at the moment.

IE8 is a bit better,not much,but better.

It's a little quicker,but i went ahead with it as it was considered an 'express' update and not a 'custom' one.

Alfist-GTV6
Jun 21st, 2009, 12:45 PM
IE8 is a bit better,not much,but better.

It's a little quicker,but i went ahead with it as it was considered an 'express' update and not a 'custom' one.

Hmm....Microsoft and better?
Doesn't make any sense, those 2 words can't be combined.:D

Nah....but seriously, IE8 and Firefox will be part of the new system i'm currently building.
It's a side-project, next to my passion for cars ofcourse.

dope92cc
Jun 22nd, 2009, 09:23 PM
I'm on safari right now. Brand new iPhone!
If I have to use pc, I like fire fox.

agp423
Jun 23rd, 2009, 04:07 AM
Google Chrome. If you haven't tried it, definitely give it a shot, it's very very good.

kaptain_zero
Jun 23rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
I voted Firefox but I also use Opera and Konqueror (the built in browser/file tool from the KDE 3.5x desktop on my Linux machine). Don't really see a need for anything else though I *think* Chrome either is or will be available for Linux.

Christian

Garage Troll
May 5th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Opera since I only have mobile web now at home.

FRS
Jun 23rd, 2010, 03:11 PM
FFox rocks

:dp:

BlackSunshine'06
Jun 23rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
Firefox at home and work, MAC and PC.
As a web developer IE is the worst browser known to man. Never properly followed compliant CSS specifications until 8. And 8 very poorly supports HTML 5, So MS will once again be 3-5 years behind in browser technology.

Surprised how many use Opera though.

Bill Davidson
Jul 22nd, 2010, 07:22 PM
Firefox for day to day internet surfing.

Safari for paying bills/banking etc. I simply reset Safari before and after using it.

I don't want to lose all my cache and cookies on my day to day browser, that's where Firefox comes in.

Blue Apollo IV
Aug 22nd, 2010, 12:22 PM
I use Firefox for the most part...over Internet Explorer because of two addons for FF. The adblocking one and also mouse gestures. If IE would incorporate those things at some point, I'd use IE all the time.

BobbyG
Aug 22nd, 2010, 01:28 PM
Mozilla Firefox wins!! :teach

brisud
Jan 20th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Google Chrome and FireFox are my favourite Browser and almost use these two. Chrome is really nice and best browser, Nice theme, Nice features and Great in Speed. Firefox also nice browser and I use this regularly. Best updated features and amazing in speed.

panicdog
Apr 6th, 2011, 01:58 PM
safari on my mac. i love the "top sites" function.

firefox on my pc and freebsd. it's fast and has tons of plug-ins.

fordf150
Jul 1st, 2011, 05:59 PM
Palemoon here.

What is Palemoon you ask? It is basically Firefox optimized for windows operating system. It seems a bit faster and uses less RAM than Firefox, although I don't know that it is 20% faster as advertised. Seems a bit more stable than firefox also.