PDA

View Full Version : Any upcoming detailing clinics in Southern Cali?



meg
Sep 24th, 2004, 07:12 AM
ANY UPCOMING DETAILING CLINICS IN SOUTHERN CAL?

Hey guys i need your help. im a Meguiar's detailer here in the Philippines and i will be in Los Angeles on the last week of October. i have seen your previous threads about the clinics that was sponsored by Meguiar's and i was wondering if there are upcoming detailing clinics scheduled on the last week of October. i would really like to join and learn more. if there are detailing clinics between the last week of October to the first week of November please let me know where and when so i can also join. thanks!

Marc08EX
Sep 24th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Out of topic pare.. But where in the Philippines do you have a Meguiar's detailing center?? May mga trabahador ka ba? Or do you work on your own? I've been thinking of this kind of business all the time but I don't think I have the experience yet to do this. Thanks!

meg
Sep 24th, 2004, 04:22 PM
hi, nice to hear from somebody also from the PI! anyway, yes we have a shop here and yun nga i want to learn more. i know kasi meguiar's always have a refresher course kaya i want to join. having a shop is fun if you're really into it. yun lang nga nakakapagod kasi service related business kailangan nakatutok parati!

Superior Shine
Sep 24th, 2004, 07:11 PM
meg, follow this link -- http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/calendar.php?s=&month=10&year=2004

that should help you.

Marc08EX
Sep 24th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by meg
hi, nice to hear from somebody also from the PI! anyway, yes we have a shop here and yun nga i want to learn more. i know kasi meguiar's always have a refresher course kaya i want to join. having a shop is fun if you're really into it. yun lang nga nakakapagod kasi service related business kailangan nakatutok parati!

So, where's your shop located? How much do you guys charge if you don't mind me asking.. Pare, are you the owner of the business? Magkano magpaset-up ng ganun? Thanks pare!

kromdom
Sep 25th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Bri & Meg,
Another Pinoy here in SoCal. Bri, I was thinking about the same business venture in the PI, got the idea from reading about WAC in Bangkok. We all know how CAR CRAZY our homies are and we have enough BIG SHOTS back home that will readily fork up some cash to get their rides blingin once again.

MEG,
If you can can't catch a class, at least try the VIDEOS for sale here. You can bring it back with you and play it for the boys back there as often as necessary:
http://www.meguiars.com/clinics/clinics_template.cfm

Professional Education Series Video
Professional Education Series Video (PES-Video)
How to Remove Paint Defects
Easy to follow instructional video
Step by step techniques to remove swirls/holograms, orange peel, oxidation and many other defects
Professional secrets to produce a Show Car Shine!

PES101V ....................101V (50 minutes) $9.99 add to cart


GOOD LUCK

Marc08EX
Sep 25th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by kromdom
Bri & Meg,
Another Pinoy here in SoCal. Bri, I was thinking about the same business venture in the PI, got the idea from reading about WAC in Bangkok. We all know how CAR CRAZY our homies are and we have enough BIG SHOTS back home that will readily fork up some cash to get their rides blingin once again.


kromdom, sup pare?? I had no idea you were pinoy.. Dude, you're the one with the f-150 with the tennau (sp?) cover with lots of swirls, right? Then applied #83, #82, #81 and NXT x 2?? Where's your wife's stang? Hahaha!

Exactly, I was really impressed by the shop in Bangkok, WAC.. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do? :)

kromdom
Sep 25th, 2004, 08:16 AM
YUP, that was my black truck with the nasty holograms. Still recovering from working on the truck so the 'stang will have to wait a while. It is parked outside so I'm in no rush to do it. She actually wants me to do her BLACK SUV first (MIT Montero Sport).

BTW, I'm in the Navy (17 years now) and currently stationed in San Diego. If you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods, holler and we'll meet up.

P.S. I usually hang out more often here:
http://www.nhtoc.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=60
but have been spending more time here after I atteneded one of Mike's detail classes. Hard not to get hooked.

Marc08EX
Sep 27th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by kromdom

but have been spending more time here after I atteneded one of Mike's detail classes. Hard not to get hooked.

So am I! :) In fact, I rarely go to the other forums anymore.. I just go here all the time.. hahaha! It really cool learning new stuff about maintaining the car's finish.. There's just no better way of making it look good than to make the finish look clean and shiny..

So, what part of San Diego are you?

kromdom
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Work in Point Loma but live in Temecula (about 70 miles north). It's a long drive roundtrip but thank God I do most of it on motorcycles..helps with traffic and mileage (get 45 mpg on my bikes).

Now its my turn to ask what you do, etc.

Superior Shine
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:04 PM
You guy need to find a lost for love web site or something. I posted to this thread early on and now I am e-mailed with this stuff (NON-detailing related)

If Bri post back to you "I like long walks on the beach" or anything to that effect, I am going to lose it!!
LOL!

kromdom
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Please accept my (our) deepest apologies..I was hoping this "chat" would stay under the radar for a while (guess I was wrong).
Bri, let's shift to PMs in the future.

Marc08EX
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:51 AM
sorry about that Superior Shine.

meg
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:33 PM
hey guys,

sorry it took me awhile to drop by again. i've been busy lately coz we sponsored some of the cars here at the custom truck and car show in manila. yes i started my biz on my own but i borrowed money from my mom. i've always loved cars so i started my detailing biz. the exclusive distributor for meguiars here in the PI is my friend so i franchised it from him. now i have two branches and some car dealerships subcontract their detailing to us. i always have a rule that any car that enters my garage is my car so i treat it with utmost care and respect...clients like that even if we charge a premium for it.

Marc08EX
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by meg
hey guys,

sorry it took me awhile to drop by again. i've been busy lately coz we sponsored some of the cars here at the custom truck and car show in manila. yes i started my biz on my own but i borrowed money from my mom. i've always loved cars so i started my detailing biz. the exclusive distributor for meguiars here in the PI is my friend so i franchised it from him. now i have two branches and some car dealerships subcontract their detailing to us. i always have a rule that any car that enters my garage is my car so i treat it with utmost care and respect...clients like that even if we charge a premium for it.

So, what's the name of your detailing shop and where are you located? How much do you charge over there and what's your detailing menu? Well, I'm pretty sure you treat the cars you work with like your cars.. I think everyone's like that too if it's really their passion! Anyway, good luck in your business pare!