PDA

View Full Version : Antique Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Glasses

Mike Phillips
Dec 9th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Antique Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Glasses (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29064)

These glasses were a birthday gift and I've been storing them for years and I finally decided it was time to put them to get them out and actually use them for special occasions. Sorry the pictures aren't very good, it's hard to photograph clear glass with black ink and gold ? writing. I may bring them to work and let one of our 'real' photography experts take a stab at capturing their timeless beauty.

They're actually my most prized Meguiar's memorabilia. ;)

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/648/MirrorGlazeGlasses01.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/648/MirrorGlazeGlasses02.jpg

Enjoy!

:xyxthumbs
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

BlueZero
Dec 9th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Just when I thought I've seen everything. Those are really cool Mike!

How old are those?

Mike Phillips
Dec 9th, 2008, 12:56 PM
With Mirror Glaze on the label instead of Mirror Bright and Pasadena, California also on the label my guess is they are from the 1960's. I've sent Dick Koeth an e-mail to see if he remembers anything about these glasses. Dick is one of the longest time Meguiar's employees and very knowledgeable about Meguiar's past.

The building is the actual Pasadena office back in the 1960's through to the 1980's. Meguiar's moved to the Irvine office in 1989

:)

Kevin Brown
Dec 9th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Sorry the pictures aren't very good, it's hard to photograph clear glass with black ink and gold ? writing. I may bring them to work and let one of our 'real' photography experts take a stab at capturing their timeless beauty.

Those are super COOL!

I am no expert camera guy... But!

Just fill the glasses with a contrasting liquid. Then we'll be able to see all the little details. Maybe yellow or red.

Or milk! :thinking1

Murr1525
Dec 9th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Is the picture of a house or a diner? SOmething else?

Nappers
Dec 9th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Those are awesome.

My wife would chuckle but then I point to her thousands of dollars worth of Precious Moments in a cabinet of wood and glass..... behind me and then she says "shut up, not the same." I say, nah uh :D

Good show :bigups

Carfire
Dec 9th, 2008, 01:02 PM
That is Awesome!!
Thanks for Sharing!

BlueZero
Dec 9th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Cool! I was just curious since the building looked like prairie style architecture. The 60's would have been towards the end of that style I think. I never learned my architectural history like I should.

J. A. Michaels
Dec 9th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I wonder, were they a premium that you could buy. Like today's gift paks. Or were they more for the distributors? That is a great collection.

ramphonic
Dec 9th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I would just keep them as display.

Being that old they may have been painted with lead paint

Heatgain
Dec 10th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Maybe in about 40 years, the Meguiar's mug I got in this year's gift set will be a collector's item!
Truth be told, the mug was the deciding factor in whether I would purchase the gift set or not.