PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite thing to do?

HealthyCivic
Jan 4th, 2009, 06:24 PM
So what is your favorite detailing operation to perform on your car or other cars? Choose from the poll but also please do post so we can read more about it. Personally, I LOVE washing the car with Gold Class. It's so fun to see the awesome lubrication and the dirt wash right off. I love how the black car looks directly after the wash.

Holden_Caulfield04
Jan 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Polishing paint makes me money. Everything else is pretty much filler or the means to an end.

Markus Kleis
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Polishing paint makes me money. Everything else is pretty much filler or the means to an end.

Pretty much agree. I think the reason I like polishing paint the most is that the results are so rewarding (not speaking monetarily). I love watching paint come back to life right before my eyes and knowing that *I* did that. :woot2

chessplayer
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:55 PM
no dout washing the car /truck is favorite....looks great with shine and ready to drive....

Carfire
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Washing, it gives almost instant satisfaction.

Ryan L.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Other - Driving the car! Of course after it's all shiney.

Ryan

Deaner5
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I say waxing, because you are close to being done with the other steps in the process and can enjoy the results. Where is the "Staring at your results for 15-20 minutes" option? Just kidding, good question.

Lexus Guy04
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I'm probably one of the only ones, but I actually enjoy claying a really contaminated car. Love the feeling of how a rough paint job changes to how slick it is afterwards.

drumdan
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I really enjoy the polishing (#7, or DC2), and waxing (#26, Gold Class, NXT, or Zymol Carbon) processes. I also love the first rain, and seeing the water bead on the car! Dang that's awesome!

irf@n
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:35 PM
I like black plastic trim detailing... :)

J. A. Michaels
Jan 5th, 2009, 03:12 AM
I like the waxing the car. All the defects are pretty much gone. The paint shines. Nice reflections, this is all good.

HemiMopar
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Other - I am absolutely in LOVE with dressing the tires. I am sure you guys can spot them too but I hate when I see a freshly detailed car, the paint is perfect but the tires are still dirty and brown. I apply one coat of Endurance High Gloss and let sit overnight. I then apply another coat the following morning and let sit for a couple of hours before I take it for a spin. It looks sooooo sweet!

gjohn28
Jan 5th, 2009, 11:47 AM
More and more, I like QD'ing after washing. I like the feeling of sliding a MF towel over the smooth, clean surface and knowing that the 20 minutes or so it takes to do a car will produce a depth and wetness close to a full detail.

HealthyCivic
Jan 5th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Other - I am absolutely in LOVE with dressing the tires. I am sure you guys can spot them too but I hate when I see a freshly detailed car, the paint is perfect but the tires are still dirty and brown. I apply one coat of Endurance High Gloss and let sit overnight. I then apply another coat the following morning and let sit for a couple of hours before I take it for a spin. It looks sooooo sweet!

You're right. I love this too. Plus it smells great! I've never tried 2 coating because I've been satisfied with one so far but if they get a little dull, I'll give that a try.

foilr
May 29th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I had to vote for Quick Detailing.

When I do that wipe down, feel the smooth surface and see that shine POP back out; then I know my time in washing, prepping and polishing was well worth it.

Cheers!
Richard

CieraSL
May 29th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I voted washing, because I like watching the water bead! :D

cardriver
May 29th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Gotta give it up to washing. I love my NXT Wash and all the suds, and seeing the dust glide away :D.

Tuck91
May 29th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Washing and Waxing are definitly my favorite detailing activities, I also enjoy doing interiors.

I enjoy washing the paint the most, I feel good after washing my truck that I washed it using two buckets, Grit Guards, using a Meguiars Chenille Wash Mitt, and Water Magnets to dry.

I love waxing smooth and prepped paint. NXT 2.0 makes application so easy too. and UQW makes for a good maintenence tool.

I like doing carpets in the interior and also enjoy restoring dull/faded vinyl and rubber trim using M40 or Natural Shine.

those are my favorites. :xyxthumbs

Mr Mustang
May 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM
claying, seeing/feeling the difference!

SkepticalSaru
May 29th, 2009, 09:58 PM
waxing. I know that after wax, i'm almost done and i don't have to worry about the the for at least the next few weeks.

Eddie6th
May 30th, 2009, 07:01 AM
detailing with qd. or (uqd if i could get some!) it's so versatile.kept in the car with a clean micro,it takes care of bugs,dust,poop.......Great wherever you are,if it's not possible to wash your car!

I'm suprised claying is not polled high.It's really fun and makes a big,big difference to the end result!:db::dancing2:db:

Desertdawg
May 30th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I voted waxing, or LSP, because as you buff off the product you see the paint at it's finest!!!
:bounce

Golden
May 30th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I don't care for very many of the detailing steps. However, I REALLY hate dirty vehicles, so that's why I keep mine clean. I just don't enjoy it unless it's a special car or for someone special.

AeroCleanse
May 30th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I like all of them

Zeta Detail
May 31st, 2009, 01:51 PM
I like paint correction (polisher work) over everything else.

I also enjoy cleaning and conditioning the wheel arches because I think that item tells a detailed car from a "simply clean" car. Not many people even think of doing their car's wheel arches, so when I spot a car with clean ones, that tells me that a detailer (pro or amateur) has taken care of that car.

On the other hand, I don't enjoy much washing the car. It means having to lean constantly, and getting wet.

blackt00th
May 31st, 2009, 08:09 PM
So what is your favorite detailing operation to perform on your car or other cars? Choose from the poll but also please do post so we can read more about it. Personally, I LOVE washing the car with Gold Class. It's so fun to see the awesome lubrication and the dirt wash right off. I love how the black car looks directly after the wash.

I enjoying claying.
Dirts removed and smooth feeling after waxing.

Solipsist
Jun 1st, 2009, 02:09 AM
Hi everybody,

I really like washing and waxing, but I chose other, because I like doing the interior. I find that when you get in a car, that's spotless, it creates a completely different feel. Every passenger that gets in the car comments on how it feels.

I like that there is nothing in my car, except for the first aid kit, spare p plates and umbrella in the glove box.
What I don't like is that as it's been raining so much, the backyard is a mud pit! which means keeping the floor mats clean is pretty tricky!

MrWaxer
Jun 1st, 2009, 06:47 AM
I really enjoy the polishing (#7, or DC2), and waxing (#26, Gold Class, NXT, or Zymol Carbon) processes. I also love the first rain, and seeing the water bead on the car! Dang that's awesome!
I agree!!!!

Eddie6th
Jun 9th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Sitting down,watching the simpsons with a big bag of potato chips Mmmmm....salty.

Justin A
Jun 28th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I like two of the steps equally - Claying and cleaning the paint. I like them both for the same reason - you can visually see your results as you go along and I find that very rewarding - claying because you can see the paint starting to regain its gloss and then cleaning the paint because you can see it really coming back to life as you work. Waxing is just a means of keeping the shine in, but it can be enjoyable as well.

dope92cc
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:41 PM
Waxing. Easily my favorite, smells great and I get to use the G110. Very fun.

Runner ups: polishing, claying, and cleaning.
I don't really enjoy washing, unless it's a weekly routine. Then it's easy.

Least favorite is interior work.

ninobrn99
Sep 7th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I chose other. My favorite part is being done and seeing the end result.
Removing deep defects (Compunds, Rotary work, etc...) is a close 2nd though.

ziggo99
Sep 10th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I just like the being outside on a nice day, waking up semi early and spending all day on my car. It just gives me a good feeling to step back and admire what I did. And when neighbors come by and talking to me about detailing.

Ganesa
Sep 13th, 2009, 09:38 PM
:iagree: ..... it feels so great to share our results, and knowledge of detailing to others..
not that I enjoy asking people for advice too :]

and as mentioned earlier by some in this thread, I also enjoy the rain beading on the car after waxing the car (grrrrr damn acid rain), but I just enjoy looking at the beading, and when im speeding in the high way where all the water flies off :]

john m.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
I voted quick detailing. I love going out there and babying the car after a nice detail and keeping her looking good.

There are sometimes when I am in a rush that I start to get tired and everything becomes a pain and not as fun. When I really like detailing is when I can really take my time and move nice and slow :)

Tuck91
Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:14 PM
Ever since the start of the summer I love dressing tires with All Season Dressing.

JLMex
Nov 4th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I would say a tie between wash and waxing. I love the smell of the car shampoo, and how my wash mitt glides on the surface and notice how the black color becomes "darker" eventhough it was supposed to be "not too dirty".
And waxing first of all because I love the smell of GC, and I enjoy removing the wax and seeing my final product! I love to gently through a clean terry towel through the hood and see how it slides right off!
Curious though, is the very first and last steps I enjoy the most...

The least I like is interior detailing... don't know why, it kind of frustrates me all the little crevaces and spaces that I can't reach 100%... but it is somehow growing on me lately, specially with newer megs products :)

Calais
Nov 4th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I like removing deep scratches and heavy swirling with a wool bonnet/pad. Even though I though I need to follow up with polishing and a finished pad to remove the holograms and restore the gloss, I love seeing the really nasty stuff disappear after a good thorough working.

KC's
Nov 4th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I dun why
i just love to get thing fixed & done

its nice to repair & see thing restored....speaking of my own life as well:wavey:wavey

speed3blackmica
Nov 20th, 2009, 08:35 AM
i really just love washing the car...idk theres just somethign about seeing soap and suds on the paint that i like lol. and its also funny when the paint is wet with soap its so glossy and you say to yourself "why cant it look like that all the time"

searle
Dec 4th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Polishing (with glaze/oils), right after the semi-annual clay+cleaner. On a monthly basis I have to settle for waxing (actually, removing the wax and seeing the finish is the really nice part).

manwgn
Jan 9th, 2010, 10:17 AM
I love the clay kit because after its done and you wax it your feels better than new and smooth as a babys bottom

dave_from_here
Jan 9th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I like anything done with a rotary but i must admit that seeing the car after the LSP is very rewarding.

Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2Scottwax2

1970judge
Jan 9th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Im going to have to say, washing is my favorite. Having owned a few white cars, a red truck, a green van, a red car, and a black car...washing gives the best immediate effect of shine. The rest is just topping it off.

ColonelCash
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:27 AM
I'm sad that sleep isn't an option. By far my favorite thing to do.

Fly Bye
Mar 29th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I enjoy doing it all :)

Scottwax2

TomZ
Apr 9th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Removing defects does it for me....that said, the satisfaction felt after the waxing is hard to beat

mswerb
Feb 19th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I chose waxing, at this point in time your work is beginning to pay off as the end of the job is near and you begin to see the end result. The smoothness of a freshly waxed vehicle is a reward for one's hard and honest work.

ortizmro
Jul 2nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
I like dusting (w/ California Duster) my car, which I do every day. Here in SW Okla it hardly ever rains, but it is windy, so there is a light layer of dust, and the duster is perfect for that.

smack
Jul 3rd, 2011, 07:54 AM
I love claying a contaminted finish to reveal the smooth surface underneath.

toyosle
Oct 10th, 2011, 05:08 PM
smelling #26 it smells like green apples

imz4n
Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
I like doing the paint correction, Reason- I guess it is the sense of completion, You set a goal and work to that end and when all is said and done you have a feel good moment, that you did it sorta thing.

Motorsports-X
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
i clicked "other" because my favorite thing is making perfection. and that includes all of it. and getting 100 dollar tips cuz the owner wasnt prepared for the change doesnt hurt either :D lol