PDA

View Full Version : Difficult to remove #82, why?

Airborne Ranger
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Couple days ago I used #82 on my mom's Black Grand Prix. Based on what I have learned from here, Meguiars how to remove paint defects video, your not supposed to buff it to a dry buff. I used a W-9006 pad on speed 4.5 on my PC and buffed a section for about 45 seconds to a minute. They say #82 is supposed to be easy to remove. Someone straighten me out what's the proper way to use #82???? Thanks,,,,,AR

P.S I apologize for my long name but in a week or so it will be changed to Airborne Ranger from deadman98.

Mike Phillips
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Airborne Ranger Formerly deadman98
Couple days ago I used #82 on my mom's Black Grand Prix. Based on what I have learned from here, Meguiar's how to remove paint defects video, your not supposed to buff it to a dry buff. I used a W-9006 pad on speed 4.5 on my PC and buffed a section for about 45 seconds to a minute. They say #82 is supposed to be easy to remove. Someone straighten me out what's the proper way to use #82???? Thanks,,,,,AR

P.S I apologize for my long name but in a week or so it will be changed to Airborne Ranger from deadman98.

When #83, #82 or #9 is difficult to remove, this can sometimes be a sign of over using the product, i.e. too much product on the surface.

Sometimes it can be related to temperature and humidity also. Try removing it and the re-apply it using a W-8006 foam pad and check your results then. Sometimes the extra softness of the W-9006 pad can for some unknown reason also affect the performance of the #82 and the #9

Hope this helps...

Mike

Airborne Ranger
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Ok Mike, thanks! Thanks for fast reply too. One thing I've always done and I'm not sure if this is the right technique or not but I'll prime my pad with a healthy spritz of FI and then put a thick X on the pad and start buffing. The X is not real thick but thick enough.

However, everytime I finish up a section, I wipe it off, then a reapply a thin X to my pad, buff, wipe off, reapply thin X and so on.... throughout the car. I do that with all products, from DACP to NXT and I'm not sure if this is the right way or not??? AR