PDA

View Full Version : Engine Kote?!

NAMELESS
Mar 15th, 2004, 06:09 PM
What do you all think? Good/bad ..Likes/dislikes..... Pics? Haven't got mine yet..Backordered?

NAMELESS
Mar 16th, 2004, 01:13 PM
O.K. I guess no-one uses Engine Kote??!?!??!??!??

Mike Phillips
Mar 16th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Hi NAMELESS,

I don't use Engine Kote because I don't do a lot of engine detailing. I also don't do a lot of undercarriage detailing.

I know a lot of people like to use it in the fender well areas as well as on engines. Give your question a little time and I'm sure you will get some more responses.

Mike

Billorlando
Mar 16th, 2004, 01:37 PM
OK I use It !

I like it .... Engine kote can be diluted 1.1 and they only sell it in a gallon bottle... I have used a few engine coatings and really I can not see much difference all the products a water based and dry quickly. Engine Kote leaves a satin finish to plastic parts aluminum usually looks new and painted surfaces are shiny clean once dry you can touch all you want it does not come off on the hand my car dealers seem to be satisfied with it sense most of them leave the hoods up so you can see the engine .... Anyway that is my experience with it ...Dislikes it only comes in a GALLON BOTTLE It needs to come in a five gallon tank .....Just my suggestion ....

Marc Hufnagel
Mar 16th, 2004, 02:17 PM
A search of the meguiars website comes up with nothing, can someone point me towards a URL?

NAMELESS
Mar 16th, 2004, 02:44 PM
I've heard some whispers about this product ..Thats why I ask..I think it sounds really good but doesn't sound very popular?!??!I haven't used it yet..Waiting for my order to come in..!! I wouldn't want to see it go away would you guys?

Marc Hufnagel
Mar 16th, 2004, 03:00 PM
thanks hotford!

Mar 17th, 2004, 03:15 PM
I use it all love it. I think you don't get a large response because it's alittle hard to find outside detail supply place's. worth locating!