PDA

View Full Version : #80 or # 82??

Don
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:33 AM
I had an "incident" yesterday while detailing an '01 Caddy. I went to shake up my bottle of #82 and my thumb went right throught the side of the bottle (the bottles are my only complaint about Megs stuff).

So now I need some new stuff. Should I get the #82 again, or should I get some #80 this time?

Chris Nemlich
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:17 AM
Don,

#80 and #82 seem slightly similiar but they do have their differences. #80 is considered a cleaner/polish w/some slight protection properties. #80 is also one step above #82 in aggressiveness. If I were you I would suggest #80 but everybody has their own favorites.

I have found that #83, #80, #81, NXT, MPPP is a pretty amazing combo. That being said, I have also used #82 in place of #80 and have had impressive results as well.

It comes down to personal preference really. I would say if you already have some #9, then get the #80. If you don't have #9 (which is equal to #82 in aggressiveness) then the choice is up to you.

Mike might be able to point out a couple more differences to help you.

Hope this helped.

:xyxthumbs

Chris

Marc08EX
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:32 AM
I agree with williams22.. Although I have to add something.. #80 is rich in polishing oils and sometimes, it can be used as a one-step cleaner and polish and the polishing step could be skipped when time is an issue. I already have #82 but if I have to choose again, I'd have to pick #80 over #82. :) good luck!

BTW, what did you mean your thumb went through the side of the bottle? You pinched a hole through the bottle? :confused:

Don
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Bri

BTW, what did you mean your thumb went through the side of the bottle? You pinched a hole through the bottle? :confused:

My thumb went through the side of the bottle, making a 2-1/2" hole. Fortunately, there was only about 1/4 bottle left.

Chris Nemlich
Oct 3rd, 2004, 05:06 PM
That's weird! I'll have to make sure not to hold my bottles too tightly from now on!

Chris

Marc08EX
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Don
My thumb went through the side of the bottle, making a 2-1/2" hole. Fortunately, there was only about 1/4 bottle left.

Really?? The bottles seem to have really hard plastic though..

Chris Nemlich
Oct 4th, 2004, 11:14 AM
I've dropped my bottles numerous times and have had no problems with them breaking or anything. Sounds like you got the worst bottle of the bunch!

Chris

Scottwax
Oct 4th, 2004, 12:38 PM
I'd go with #80. It is a bit more aggressive, breaks down more quickly and finishes off as nicely as #81 does. You can go straight to your LSP. You can do the same with #82 but since it isn't as aggressive, if you are only going to use one, go with the slightly stronger one.