PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite AIO Cleaner Wax?

akimel
Feb 25th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I thought I'd take advantage of an irruption of warm weather, and so I decided to do a mini-detail of my Luthien. After the wash, I applied a coat of Cleaner Wax, which I had never used before. The stuff was a pleasure to apply and remove, and it left a nice clear shine. I was impressed and will definitely be using it again. And you can't beat the price!

What is your favorite all-in-one cleaner wax product and why? How does your favorite compare to the other cleaner waxes sold by Meguiar's?

The poll lists only Megs' products, but you if have a particular non-Meguiar's AIO favorite, feel free to share it with us.

Cheers,
Al

Markus Kleis
Feb 25th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Used to like A12 the most (Hard not to like that stuff...works so darn well by hand!), but after trying out M20 via G110 I was floored. It's SO SO easy to work with, easy to spread, dry, and remove.

The shine is phenomenal, and the protection is great. The best my car has ever looked was after M205 followed by M20. LOVE that combo... (Can you say CLARITY?)

D151 is a neat product too because it has so much cut for a cleaner wax...so I reach for that from time to time.

M66 is also easy to use, but I prefer M20 for some reason...

Nappers
Feb 25th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I've only used the Cleaner Wax, ColorX and D151, out of those, my experience is that the D151 worked the best. I need to try M20, great tip Mark:xyxthumbs

I'm not a huge fan of AIO's but my Neon needs a diamond coated wool pad to cut the swirls and my Yukon is easier but needs more bite than an AIO. I need to get M20 and give it a shot. Read too many threads on it to not try it.

You listening Honey? :chuckle1 DOH! another order to send to work and smuggle home!

Murr1525
Feb 25th, 2009, 11:01 PM
So far ColorX, but I may switch to #151 when I run low.

Seems like it should be pretty good worked by hand on gently on a daily driver.

Tuck91
Feb 26th, 2009, 04:34 AM
i have tried Color X , M20, A12 Cleaner Wax and M06 and i like Color X the best

J. A. Michaels
Feb 26th, 2009, 05:34 AM
I have tried the A-12, #66, and #151. 151 has unbelievable cutting powers. so easy to use. But I still like #66 the best. It hard to beat this one. Ease of use, protects a long,long time and is usually goof proof.

3Fitty
Feb 26th, 2009, 05:39 AM
The correct answer is D151. I googled it and I am right! ;)

sudsbyhubbs
Feb 26th, 2009, 07:07 AM
I voted for D151. I really like this stuff. I do have to say though, that I've really been impressed with Zaino's AIO. It's amazing. But 151 has such great cutting abilities. So it's a toss up for me!

AeroCleanse
Feb 26th, 2009, 07:23 AM
D151 buy Rotary...amazing, then by hand in hard to reach areas like hood handles.

akimel
Feb 26th, 2009, 08:39 AM
For future reference, here is the order of abrasiveness of Meguiar's cleaner waxes, as stated by Mike Phillips (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=284562&postcount=22) (from least aggressive to most aggressive):

Meguiar's A12 Cleaner/Wax (Consumer Line - Maroon bottle)
M20 Polymer Sealant
ColorX
M06 Cleaner/Wax (ColorX, M06, M66 are all very close, would put M06 and ColorX on the same par, M06 can be applied by rotary, that is the major difference)
M66 Quick Detailer
D151 PRC

miahjohn
Feb 26th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I thought I'd take advantage of an irruption of warm weather, and so I decided to do a mini-detail of my Luthien. After the wash, I applied a coat of Cleaner Wax, which I had never used before. The stuff was a pleasure to apply and remove, and it left a nice clear shine. I was impressed and will definitely be using it again. And you can't beat the price!

What is your favorite all-in-one cleaner wax product and why? How does your favorite compare to the other cleaner waxes sold by Meguiar's?

The poll lists only Megs' products, but you if have a particular non-Meguiar's AIO favorite, feel free to share it with us.

Cheers,
Al

I did this same thing a couple weeks ago and was also very impressed with the results considering you can buy a bottle of this stuff for around $5

akimel
Feb 26th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I did this same thing a couple weeks ago and was also very impressed with the results considering you can buy a bottle of this stuff for around $5

I got a 20 oz bottle of Cleaner Wax for $7 at the local Harbor Freight. I definitely want to try M20, but I will have to use this up first and that is going to take me a good while! :)

gb387
Feb 26th, 2009, 10:05 AM
#66... heck if i was sold in 55 gallon drums we would probably buy one, use it all the time at work!

gjohn28
Feb 26th, 2009, 10:27 AM
ColorX, but based on opinions shared on this forum, would really like to try M20. Also tempted to try 151, but since I always feel compelled to follow my AOI with a wax/sealant anyway, I'd probably just go with 105 or even UC if I needed more cutting abililty.

Tuck91
Feb 26th, 2009, 12:55 PM
i was suprised A12 Cleaner wax was less aggressive than M20. But M20 is a great product, it goes on easy and wipes off easy. I would love to try D151 and M66. I seems everytime i use an AIO i end up putting a second coat of wax which is usually NXT Tech Wax 2.0 .

i pamper my corolla
Feb 26th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I have cleaner wax a1216 and ColorX. They're both easy to use and smell nice. ColorX is my favourite - not too mild, not too strong

OhioCarBuff
Feb 28th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I think regular ole Cleaner-Wax in the maroon bottle works great!

Tuck91
Mar 1st, 2009, 08:12 PM
I think regular ole Cleaner-Wax in the maroon bottle works great!

its a good wax, i like collecting the mini bottles in the Smooth Surface Clay Kits

zeque
Mar 23rd, 2009, 12:33 PM
I've use the maroon Cleaner Wax and I really like it, and will definitely get another when it ends, and I don't know if the other are in stock in my country to test them

WhiteLX
Mar 25th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I've got a 32oz bottle of the A12 that it seems like I have had forever. I've been trying to find things to use it on as I tend to reach for NXT or M26. Lately I used it on our front door with a D/A, cut through the oxidation really well and gave a nice shine. :) Maybe I'll start using it on my old Ranger after I hit it with with some M105.

TKDDAD
Apr 5th, 2009, 03:56 AM
I've use the maroon Cleaner Wax and I really like it, and will definitely get another when it ends, and I don't know if the other are in stock in my country to test them

I agree...I've found that the cleaner part of this product is awesome...I use it as more of a cleaner than a cleaner/wax..especially on white vehicles..after I clay, I use it to hit some of the stains etc on the white paint..then go after it with #80...really helps clean the paint...

Nappers
Apr 5th, 2009, 05:22 AM
So what are you saying? :rofl:

The Cleaner wax is pretty good stuff and I love 80! Our Neon though, red pad with diamonds glued to it.....

TKDDAD
Apr 5th, 2009, 05:24 AM
So what are you saying? :rofl:

it cleans

lol

Nappers
Apr 5th, 2009, 05:31 AM
LOL :rofl:

Ahhhh, it's almost time to go home from the ol' lockup! 3 days off then come back to paradise!

CieraSL
May 8th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I voted the consumer Cleaner Wax. I've only used it and Color X, but to me, Cleaner Wax was better.

Tuck91
May 20th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I have been using a lot of AIOs on the details I have been doing lately and they give great results, then top it off with NXT 2.0 and you also get your two coats of wax in too.

A12 Cleaner Wax, M20, ColorX and M06 are what I usually reach for depending on the consition of the vechile, I was suprised how good M20 looks on white also.

CieraSL
Jun 11th, 2009, 08:52 AM
A12 Cleaner Wax, M20, ColorX and M06 are what I usually reach for depending on the consition of the vechile, I was suprised how good M20 looks on white also.

So Nick, which one of those do you like the best?

Tuck91
Jun 11th, 2009, 01:11 PM
So Nick, which one of those do you like the best?

I usually end up going with ColorX or M06. I just tried ColorX on my G110 today and I was amazed with the results.

Andrew C.
Jul 8th, 2009, 08:49 PM
M20 is considered a cleaner wax? I use it almost all the time as my LSP for my customers because it doesn't take long to dry and looks great afterwards.

Why isn't it labeled as a cleaner wax on the bottles.

Tuck91
Jul 8th, 2009, 08:57 PM
M20 is slightly more aggressive than A12 Cleaner Wax. But yet less aggressive than say ColorX or M66(rated 4 on cut)

I have used M20 as an LSP from time to time.

Andrew C.
Jul 8th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I'm just wondering why the bottle doesn't label any of this?

Tuck91
Jul 8th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I'm just wondering why the bottle doesn't label any of this?

Yeah, I have thought the same thing before too.

Guess they ran out of good cleaner names :chuckle1

akimel
Jul 13th, 2009, 09:42 AM
On the back of the M20 bottle, it does say that it "Cleans, polishes, and delivers extra-durable protection." But until very recently I did not know that M20 could be categorized as a cleaner wax.

Larry A
Oct 1st, 2009, 05:12 PM
They use 151 at the Toyota dealer that I work at part time. They buff used cars out with 151 and a foam pad with a rotary. Cars come out great . I also used it by hand on my service van, and that also came out great. Was also easy to use by hand.

Ganesa
Oct 15th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I wish there would be a AIO Cleaner/Wax with Hydrophobic polymers,
something like NXT Cleaner/Wax :]

paudashlake
Oct 15th, 2009, 11:43 AM
ive only used the cleaner wax, and it was on a white van, so I didn;t notice too much in the way of results, but I bet if I tried more of the products listed, I would have seen better results!

searle
Dec 4th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I can accept a cleaner+polish (like SwirlX), but then I want the full protection of NXT-2.0. All-In-One ColorX is for the wifes car :chuckle1

KC's
Dec 8th, 2009, 02:35 AM
what else
my all time favourite
:worshipi just loves my D 151

FinalTouchDetail
Aug 4th, 2010, 03:33 AM
D151, without a doubt.

Monk26
Sep 5th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Easy to use, cost, results=A12!

TOGWT
May 11th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Klasse all in one (AIO) - dries as fast as you apply it, and there is no risk of hazing or streaking. All-In-One contains no abrasives or silicones, and does not stain plastic, vinyl or rubber trim. It can be used on any non-porous surface, and in addition to car care it is also approved for marine and aviation use. In my opinion this is the best paint cleaner of its type available and it’s something I’ve been using since the ‘80

ffboy
Jul 3rd, 2011, 05:03 PM
carlack 68 nano-systematic care. Well, if you're not familiar with that, its basically 95% identical to Klasse all-in-one, just different color bottle and market/country. I apply it to different surfaces (headlights, windows, windshields, etc). However, i don't incorporate it into the meguiars system. Its followed by a coat or 2 of long life sealant (klasse sealant glaze) or a pure car wax unlike meguiars (cleaner, polish/glaze, NXT2).

For really deep clean/correction, Ultimate Compound. I've had good success with it even with hand application, it removes deffects rather than just use fillers.

JWMotorCars
Nov 10th, 2011, 08:07 PM
D151 is what I've been using quite often lately. Today I used some UC then D151 on an '04 Lexus RX330. Turned out awesome and the guys at the lot were pretty impressed:cool:

davey g-force
Dec 2nd, 2013, 02:23 PM
For future reference, here is the order of abrasiveness of Meguiar's cleaner waxes, as stated by Mike Phillips (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=284562&postcount=22) (from least aggressive to most aggressive):

Meguiar's A12 Cleaner/Wax (Consumer Line - Maroon bottle)
M20 Polymer Sealant
ColorX
M06 Cleaner/Wax (ColorX, M06, M66 are all very close, would put M06 and ColorX on the same par, M06 can be applied by rotary, that is the major difference)
M66 Quick Detailer
D151 PRC

Bingo! Thanks Al, that's just the information I was looking for :xyxthumbs

(Where have you been hiding lately anyway?)

drumdan
Nov 12th, 2015, 09:28 PM
I use ColorX, and M66 a lot!

I love A12 though, and M06. The scent takes me back to the 90's...

germany
Jul 13th, 2016, 03:08 AM
I use Cleaner Wax (consumer version).