PDA

View Full Version : UQW Vs. NXT Spray Wax

miahjohn
Mar 1st, 2009, 08:33 PM
Do you prefer UQW or NXT Spray Wax? I voted NXT Spray Wax. tonight I washed and UQW'd the Caddi. I found it went on very easily but it was hard to see where I wiped and where I didn't wipe. I didn't like that it didn't haze like NXT Spray wax does.

I aslo found UQW a bit more difficult to wipe off than NXT Spary Wax. UWQ also seemed to overspay on the windows that was really hard to wipe off. Wenit was all done though I was impressed by the deep deep gloss it left on the paint.

I saturated a MF and wiped it on the paint while spraying some on the paint directly from time to time, let it set up, then wiped it off. Maybe next time I will do it one section at a time.

miahjohn
Mar 1st, 2009, 08:33 PM
How do I make that a poll?

Markus Kleis
Mar 1st, 2009, 08:42 PM

Did it for you... let me know if it needs to be adjusted. :xyxthumbs

miahjohn
Mar 1st, 2009, 08:47 PM
Did it for you... let me know if it needs to be adjusted. :xyxthumbs

Perfect! :D How do I do that?

Markus Kleis
Mar 1st, 2009, 09:09 PM
Perfect! :D How do I do that?

My control panel is different than normal users- so to be honest, I'm not 100% sure. I believe you have the option to add it while creating the thread.

Tuck91
Mar 1st, 2009, 09:14 PM
Well i voted UQW

simply amazing on paint, trim, and even glass

Markus Kleis
Mar 1st, 2009, 09:54 PM
UQW for me...

Ease of application (I just buff it into the paint personally, which is a method that works for me).

It looks fantastic on my red car...people have been complimenting me, and my friends have been telling me how badly they wished they had a red car after seeing mine haha.

It is so quick and easy... it's almost unbelievable. I love how I can spray it all over the trim too.

I used it on my windows, and buffed it in. Didn't streak, and made the glass sheet water better than anything I have used before.

Winner in my book.

ClearlyCoated
Mar 2nd, 2009, 01:00 AM
Just tried UQW for the first time Sunday. I didn't know it could be used on glass, but i'm glad to hear it since there was no way to prevent overspray without extraordinary efforts. I washed my car Saturday morning, but the day started getting too hot, and I had to put off the UQW for Sunday morning. Up bright and early Sunday AM, I quickly went over my car's finish with Last Touch and applied the UQW before the sun started to heat up. I really liked the results, working it into the paint with a folded microfiber cloth. I was probably too generous with the application, but I decided to err on the side of caution.

Wolf-Strong
Mar 2nd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Do you prefer UQW or NXT Spray Wax? I voted NXT Spray Wax. tonight I washed and UQW'd the Caddi. I found it went on very easily but it was hard to see where I wiped and where I didn't wipe. I didn't like that it didn't haze like NXT Spray wax does.

I aslo found UQW a bit more difficult to wipe off than NXT Spary Wax. UWQ also seemed to overspay on the windows that was really hard to wipe off. Wenit was all done though I was impressed by the deep deep gloss it left on the paint.

I saturated a MF and wiped it on the paint while spraying some on the paint directly from time to time, let it set up, then wiped it off. Maybe next time I will do it one section at a time.
I think the problem was in your usage of UQW. It is a wipe on, wipe off product that is to be used exactly like a quick detailer; there is no drying/setup time for it, just keep on wiping it until it disappears and slightly buff with a dry microfiber to bring out the shine.

For me, I just bought UQW and I can't get enough of it! Beads like no other, and incredibly easy to use!

Megafast13
Mar 2nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
I think the problem was in your usage of UQW. It is a wipe on, wipe off product that is to be used exactly like a quick detailer; there is no drying/setup time for it, just keep on wiping it until it disappears and slightly buff with a dry microfiber to bring out the shine.

For me, I just bought UQW and I can't get enough of it! Beads like no other, and incredibly easy to use!

Actually, the proper way to apply UQW is to spray it onto an applicator, buff it on, then allow to haze, then buff off.

That's the secret to it, says Mike Phillips.

But I think that I might as well be using NXT 2.0 Wax in place, so I just spray it on and wipe off like a detailer as well :D

Tuck91
Mar 2nd, 2009, 03:14 PM
Actually, the proper way to apply UQW is to spray it onto an applicator, buff it on, then allow to haze, then buff off.

But I think that I might as well be using NXT 2.0 Wax in place, so I just spray it on and wipe off like a detailer as well :D

i use it in place of Rain X on my windows now

now the Rain X bottle is gonna collect some dust

Mike Phillips
Mar 5th, 2009, 01:38 PM

Check out this thread,

How To Post a Poll (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30981)

While you're there...

Vote in the poll!

:D

Wolf-Strong
Mar 8th, 2009, 10:46 PM

Details details.

The funny part s even though I typed that out, I actually spray it on the towel and apply as well LOL!

miahjohn
Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:43 AM
I think I can now officially change my vote to UQW! I've used this stuff a few more times since posting this poll. I now only apply to a small section and wipe off right after. I use it the same as UQD. Using it this way seems to work much better. The gloss left behind is so much better than NXT spray wax, plus no worries of white residue or even streaking for that matter!

MrWaxer
Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:54 AM
So basically you can use UQW anywhere on the car?

Andrew C.
Apr 21st, 2009, 04:43 PM

It wasn't made for anywhere on the car, and I doubt it is recommended, but in essence it probably isn't going to hurt anything.

Tuck91
Apr 21st, 2009, 04:53 PM
I have used it on glass, chrome, trim, wheels, and my mudflaps on my truck and nothing bad has happened.

Eddie6th
May 25th, 2009, 04:44 PM
i'd vote,but i can't get my hands on UQD. Seems to be the Bee's Knees!

Bostonsfavson
May 29th, 2009, 05:42 AM
UQW all the way.

CieraSL
Jul 2nd, 2009, 08:49 PM
UQW for me!

FLINTstone
Jul 2nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
i use it in place of Rain X on my windows now

now the Rain X bottle is gonna collect some dust

how has this worked out for you? im curious to see how it works during the rainy season but its all sun and games out here in cali...

Megafast13
Jul 29th, 2009, 08:30 PM
This stuff is AMAZING on windows as well as everything else.

Definitely much better than RainX..

Murr1525
Aug 31st, 2009, 11:45 PM
I dont know if I would call UQW better than RainX, at least on my glass. I find it to be a nice booster for RainX though, much as it is a nice booster for the regular wax.

philming
Sep 28th, 2009, 04:32 AM
I thought you were supposed to spray UQW directly on the car, and then wipe it off with one side of the MF, and buff with the other side... Never heard one was supposed to use an applicator...
And BTW while we're at it... Here's my usual routine :
Once I Waxed the car with Nxt Tch Wax 2, after a few days, when I see the car gets dirty again, I make a pass with UQD to celan it up, and another with UQW. I rarely have the occasion to actually wash the car, even though I have all I need in the trunk.

I'd go through this treatment a few times before actually go wash the car again, and UQW it again.

Is it OK, once in a while, to UQD the car, and Nxt Tech Wax it right after? Like, UQD to clean the car, NXT, and UQW to add that extra shine? Is there any problem waxing the car on top of "older" layers of UQW?

Jossy92
Sep 28th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Application methods?

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3316&highlight=apply

===========================

"There are two ways to apply a spray wax, both work equally well.

1) - Applying with a foam wax applicator pad...
2) - Applying with a microfiber polishing cloth ...."
===========================

Not sure if this applies to UQW

felixtibs
Nov 19th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Does this apply to the UQW as well? I thought you just spray on the car, wipe it in in for a quik sec, then wipe it off? I need to do a swipe test on this now!!!! Whats quik about that :-S

imacarnut
Jan 13th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Does this apply to the UQW as well? I thought you just spray on the car, wipe it in in for a quik sec, then wipe it off? I need to do a swipe test on this now!!!! Whats quik about that :-S

It flashes quickly when worked into the paint IME. I spray onto panel, lightly spread it around with a microfiber towel folded into quarters, and then flip over and buff off. I like this product much more than the NXT spray wax..

barry
Sep 2nd, 2010, 05:34 PM
It's the best in my book ,very easy to use.

davey g-force
Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:43 PM
Is it OK, once in a while, to UQD the car, and Nxt Tech Wax it right after? Like, UQD to clean the car, NXT, and UQW to add that extra shine? Is there any problem waxing the car on top of "older" layers of UQW?

A bit late, but to answer your question: Yes that would be fine.

...UQW all the way for me BTW!

J. A. Michaels
Sep 22nd, 2010, 04:21 PM
Another vote for uqw. Very good product. Very user friendly.