PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Hot Shine tire Gel or Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel?

MyFirstES300
Apr 8th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Which one do you think gives the best shine and longevity?

I asked this question in Detailing 101 and got a 50/50 response. So, I thought I'd put up a poll!

If you chose "other," share what you like best.

Thanks!

Andrew C.
Apr 8th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I love Hot Shine Gel, but make sure not to constantly put it on after each wash without cleaning it off the tire first. :D

Tuck91
Apr 8th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I like Hot Shine Tire Gel better than Endurance High Gloss. For me, Hot Shine never slings and is the glossiest and most durable IMHO.

BigLouie
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I like hot shine a little better because it costs less, and I enjoy their results equally.

Tuck91
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I like hot shine a little better because it costs less, and I enjoy their results equally.
The Hot Shine Tire Gel Kit is a pretty good deal. I actually like the applicator that comes with it.

Chop
Apr 13th, 2009, 06:25 PM
The Hot Shine Tire Gel Kit is a pretty good deal. I actually like the applicator that comes with it.

I just got this kit and so far so happy. I can't believe I was dressing tires so long without the handy dandy applicator. :D

PS. I saw the same applicator rebadged at Target in case you want to pick it up without getting the whole kit. It looks the same.

Desertdawg
Apr 21st, 2009, 11:31 PM
I've been using Endurance since it came out, it lasts a long time and out here in the desert the dust and dirt doesn't turn your tires the fugly brown color.

acsuppa
Apr 22nd, 2009, 05:52 AM
I like Hot Shine and I really like All Season Dressing from the Detailer Line.

sudsbyhubbs
Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:03 AM
I like the look of both. Hot Shine is wetter looking IMO. A couple weeks ago I detailed a car on a Saturday and used Hot Shine. On Sunday it rained all day and I went back on Tuesday to touch the car up per customer's request. All of the Hot Shine was gone! I was a little surprised at this. Endurance does seem to last longer.

dope92cc
Apr 24th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I haven;t gotten a chance to use my hot shine, yet.
I love the GC endurance, that purple smell drives me nuts. Whenever I apply it, I'm tempted to just sink my teeth into the sidewall. I also like the fact that the shine lasts between 1-2 weeks, then it goes to a nice 'new tire' look.

MyFirstES300
Apr 26th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I haven;t gotten a chance to use my hot shine, yet.
I love the GC endurance, that purple smell drives me nuts. Whenever I apply it, I'm tempted to just sink my teeth into the sidewall. I also like the fact that the shine lasts between 1-2 weeks, then it goes to a nice 'new tire' look.

:iagree: Well stated!

supercharged
Apr 27th, 2009, 01:30 AM
endurance high gloss.

Ganesa
May 15th, 2009, 07:44 AM
i've got the hot shine gel, going to buy the endurance tomorrow... :]

Maserati Mario
May 15th, 2009, 08:05 AM
In my short experience with Endurance, I'm leaning toward Endurance.
I use Hot shine for awhile and switched to Endurance to see how long it lasts.
I've noticed it seems to last longer than Hot Shine.
Then again I'm using Hot Shine Tire Foam and it seems to have a different kinda sheen I'm liking too!
So I vote for all three!
Hot Shine, 'cus it comes in a spray, works great and cost is a little cheaper
Endurance for the longevity and shine.
Hot Shine Tire Foam for the times I'm tired and don't want to speed any more time in the garage.

xantonin
May 18th, 2009, 06:52 AM
I haven't seen either, and currently I can't afford to buy both. Could someone post pictures of two tires done with either?

Chop
May 18th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Here you go:

Hot Shine Tire Gel

Fresh Application:
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9161/img5818.jpg

After about 2 weeks of daily commute 60 miles daily:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6744/img5820.jpg

Ganesa
May 19th, 2009, 08:45 AM
wow, those road in your town must be really clean... cuz down here in indonesia with just a week on the road, my tires are not that glossy, and i applied them correctly :D

Chop
May 19th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Where in Indonesia do you live?

Well I'm sure that it helps that it did not rain in those 2 weeks. I'm sure in your country you get a lot more rain than we do here which does not help to keep cars clean.

Ganesa
May 19th, 2009, 09:49 AM
i live in the capital, Jakarta, yea it rains at least 2-3 times a week and then it gets so warm just a couple of hours after that, so i have to wash it quite often, around 2-3 times a week just to maintain the car from those water spots...

Zeta Detail
Oct 21st, 2009, 12:53 PM
I've only tried Endurance High Gloss and I love it!

79elcamino
Jan 25th, 2010, 06:44 PM
i put on endurance on a clean tire, 2 coats,i used bleche wite tire cleaner to clean the tire before application and a tire brush, it rained and i didnt even drive the car and it was gone and endurance was on the tire for 2 days before the rain came, the only thing i can think of is that its been in the 40s and the product didnt adhere to the tire properly cause i know meg products need to be above 55 in order to adhere right

Jason B
Sep 9th, 2016, 02:25 PM
A few years ago they had a "High gloss" version of this. Now I only see one version. Is this version the same as the "High Gloss" Endurance?

https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/images/product/large/38207.jpg