PDA

View Full Version : Multiple page, thread topics

Newport Viper
Oct 11th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Mike,
I might be doing this wrong, but I would like to click on a new thread heading and bring up all pages at one time. Can you add an "all" button? A high-speed internet system can bring up all pages in a thread pretty quick!

Ex. NXT is awesome! (1 2 3) all

Thank you!

Mike Phillips
Oct 11th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Newport Viper
Mike,
I might be doing this wrong, but I would like to click on a new thread heading and bring up all pages at one time. Can you add an "all" button? A high-speed internet system can bring up all pages in a thread pretty quick!

Ex. NXT is awesome! (1 2 3) all

Thank you!

I'm not sure, I can contact David and ask him, but that might be a feature in newer versions of vbulletin. One of the reasons we can't upgrade to a newer version of vbulletin is because the Skin were using for this forum doesn't work the vbulletin 3. or higher

Rats!

Mike

gb387
Oct 12th, 2004, 08:52 AM
I like NV's idea, might make looking over stuff easier.

Cam
Oct 12th, 2004, 11:45 AM
In UserCP > Edit Options > Default Posts per Thread you can set it to view up to 40 per page, I assume you've done that. We need a choice of 'All' in there.

Mike Phillips
Oct 12th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Just to chime in,

I have set the default at 10 because of the amount of pictures I tend to post. I'm worried that if I set it to a higher number that some people will give up and click away because of the time it will take to download a single page, take this one for example,

Picture intensive page (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1879&perpage=10&pagenumber=3)

If anyone has noticed, I've started to only place 1-3 pictures in any one message. Even though I'm trying to spread them out, when I or anyone else posts a picture rich post, it will take people on dial-up a long time to download.

I'm on cable-modem, I actually prefer the 15-20 posts per page, but speed isn't a hindrance.

Comments?

Mike

gb387
Oct 12th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Cam
In UserCP > Edit Options > Default Posts per Thread you can set it to view up to 40 per page, I assume you've done that. We need a choice of 'All' in there.

Thanks that helps! Didn't know you could do that.