PDA

View Full Version : Pure polish after #80?

NVCobra
Oct 14th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Hi, does 80 replace a pure polish? For example DC step 2 pure polish? thx

Marc08EX
Oct 14th, 2004, 07:51 AM
#80 Speed Glaze is still a cleaner/polish like #83 DACP. It doesn't replace the pure polish in a full detail although it's already rich in polishing oils. If you want to get the extreme shine, I suggest applying a pure polish after #80.

Tim Lingor
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Hey,

Actually #80 Speed Glaze does have a fair amount of a pure polish. But it does not have the same amount that a dedicated pure polish like #81 has. Therefore, I like to always use a pure polish (#3, #5, #7, or #81) before the final Last Step Product (wax and/or sealant)

Tim

SprintKing
Oct 14th, 2004, 06:13 PM
sorry to butt in here but what is a good LSP
im not sure i've used 1 before :confused:

Marc08EX
Oct 14th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by SprintKing
sorry to butt in here but what is a good LSP
im not sure i've used 1 before :confused:

LSP are the waxes you use to seal the hard work you've done.. I think NXT is the best LSP you can ever use.. It's now the number 1 selling liquid car wax in america! ONLY THE BEST!!! :D

(Edit: According to NPD (http://www.npd.com/), Meguiar's new NXT Generation Tech Wax (http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/techwax.cfm) is the Number One selling liquid wax in America this summer -Mike)

SprintKing
Oct 14th, 2004, 06:49 PM
ive used gold class clear coat liquid wax
does this count?

Marc08EX
Oct 14th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by SprintKing
ive used gold class clear coat liquid wax
does this count?

Yup! :D Have you tried NXT yet?

scottlee
Oct 14th, 2004, 06:58 PM
L S P just means Last Step Product, or the last product you apply
just to clarify :xyxthumbs

SprintKing
Oct 14th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Bri
Yup! :D Have you tried NXT yet?

yep Last Step Product

NXT is new to Australia (about 3 weeks) i picked up a bottle last weekend cant wait to try it

Lt1Corvette
Oct 15th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by NVCobra
Hi, does 80 replace a pure polish? For example DC step 2 pure polish? thx
In my experience when working with a clear coat, 80 works very well as both a cleaner and a polish. I have found a pure polish after that to usually be a waste. However on single stage, I have noticed a significant difference when applying a pure polish or glaze like 7 after 80. I reciently did a 87 porsche with origional black paint. There was clearly a noticible difference after the use of a pure polish.
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/1279comp_IMG_1321.jpg

Tim Lingor
Oct 16th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Hey,

Sorry, I should have explained a Last Step Product. As the others have said, it is the final sealant and/or wax that is placed on the finish after every other step has been completed.

As for #80, as I said, although it does contain a healthy dose of pure polish, it does not contain the same amount to the degree of a pure polish like #7. As such, IMHO, I have found that using a pure polish does indeed make a difference, sometimes dramatically! :xyxthumbs

Tim