PDA

View Full Version : Gold Class Wax

1 Clean WS6
Jan 27th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Hello all and thank you Meguiar's for giving us car crazies a place to vent!!

I use almost all of the Meg's consumer and pro line of products and just felt compelled to say that good ol' Gold Class wax is a GREAT PRODUCT!! Indeed there are other Meg's products that shine longer and give deeper gloss but for the money...Gold Class wax is awesome and will always be a staple in my detail arsenal.

Take care,
Mike

Mike Phillips
Jan 27th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Welcome Mike,

I must say this is both fun and exciting starting a Meguiar's discussion forum!

Just a note about Gold Class, it is the number one selling liquid wax in America. I'm not sure how many years in a row this has been a fact, but I'll find out, and post it back to this thread.

Welcome again!

Mike :D

diogenes
Jan 28th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Wow, the number one selling liquid wax? That's amazing.

I thought it would be Turtle Wax or one of those other cheapie brands.

mopar
Jan 29th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Not really that surprising when you think about how mediocre most of the other stuff is out there.

Before I started using Meguiar’s I would go to car shows, and all the really nice cars were using Meguiar’s and then I bought some and wasn’t surprised why they were.

Mike Phillips
Jan 30th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by diogenes
Wow, the number one selling liquid wax? That's amazing.

I thought it would be Turtle Wax or one of those other cheapie brands.

I called Marketing and recieved these facts...

* Gold Class Liquid Wax is #1 selling wax since 2001
* Gold Class Paste Wax is #1 in 2003

mhdena
Sep 2nd, 2012, 06:36 PM

Has Gold Class Paste been #1 again or only in 2003?

sunday joe
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:57 PM

Wow! this is a real old post.
How is it doing now?

Murr1525
Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:09 PM
Probably still is....

mhdena
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:48 PM
Looks like the paste was only #1 for 1 year.

billoftt
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I LOVE the Gold Class+ Liquid. I recenty purchased a tin of Ultimate Paste Wax and although I like it for the longevity, its appearance is kind of "sterile," it just does not have the "pop" that Gold Class has. I have been thinking abou toppping it with the Gold Glass spray wax. Has anyone ever done that?

acsuppa
Oct 6th, 2012, 05:03 AM
I haven't used Gold Class wax for many years since I switch over exclusively to the pro line but I must say I loved it. I use M26 as my LSP now but I think Gold Class is tough to beat. I am curious to see how the "newest" version of Gold Class looks. I might have it give it a try.

Top Gear
Mar 9th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Gotta give props to Gold Class :) I'm using GC Liquid Wax with GC Quick Detailer and GC Quick Wax. I really love these finishing products!

STRIFE
Mar 9th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I only have GCL wax on my garage queen G35 since 2005, with the occasional shot of UQW....and lately UWWA

drumdan
May 13th, 2013, 07:07 PM
I currently have Gold Class Carnauba Plus paste wax on one of my drum sets. I'm considering applying it to my girl's yellow canyon. It's got A12 Cleaner Wax on it now. it's going to be either GC, or m26.

I still have my first tin of Gold Class from 1996. I can't bear to part with it!

Murr1525
May 13th, 2013, 07:55 PM
A-12 followed by Gold Class would be a nice complete detail.

drumdan
May 19th, 2013, 07:47 PM
I think so. It's been said that there is something to be desired concerning longevity, but honestly I really enjoy going out there and applying the wax!

ffboy
May 19th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I think so. It's been said that there is something to be desired concerning longevity, but honestly I really enjoy going out there and applying the wax!

The durability of Gold Class can't be that bad, sure it isn't as durable as NXT 2.0 or ultimate wax. If so, well, yes, applying wax can be a fulfilling and relaxing thing to do as long as it's not too frequent.

drumdan
May 22nd, 2013, 06:48 AM
Oh no, it's not bad at all. I like to get on it about once a month with the GC. I've seen it last much longer than that though.