PDA

View Full Version : What type of wash mit/sponge do you use?

gb387
Oct 24th, 2004, 01:56 PM
What type of wash mit/sponge do you use?

Why do you prefer one over the other?

scrub
Oct 24th, 2004, 02:11 PM
I voted lambs wool. I didn't care for the shedding of chenille. I do use a chenille with a reach stick for trucks and SUVs. Shedding was gone after several uses.

Tim Lingor
Oct 24th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Hey,

I too use a lambs wool mitt. I will get probably 20 washes out of each one and then I replace it (the fur is usually coming out by that point).

Cheers! :)
Tim

scrub
Oct 24th, 2004, 03:05 PM
David B from Autopia states the lambs wool mitt he uses lasted 21 months. He uses the mitt once a week.

DETLMAN
Oct 24th, 2004, 03:28 PM
I use a water sprite that has served its usefull life for drying cars. It holds a lot of soap, is very slippery and of all the other things I have tried for washing produces the least amount of washing marks.

I can say they take a little getting used to but do the job well and for the most part they are free, if not fo using them for washing I would be throwing them away.

Andy M.
Oct 24th, 2004, 03:46 PM
I use a microfiber sponge. Easy to use and clean.

Rick
Oct 24th, 2004, 05:07 PM
As of late I've been using a buff n shine cuffless wash mitt... well sorta, it's not really a mit, just a 9" X 9" square with wash mit type material on it, but you can't put your hand inside. It's got a really nice and deep nap on it and so far has been doing quite well in reguards to not leaving swirls. I like it because I never put my hand inside the mit, I always just grabbed it so this makes more sense for me.

Rockpick
Oct 24th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Like David, I've managed to get an extended life out of my lamb's wool mitt. I think I'm working on month 14 now and it's just about as good as new. Mine is used, at least, once per week.

RP :D

Tim Lingor
Oct 24th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Wow! You guys are getting a lot longer life-span out of your mitts. Maybe I am throwing them out too soon. I am going to have to look at that a little more closely.

Tim

scrub
Oct 24th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Rockpick
Like David, I've managed to get an extended life out of my lamb's wool mitt. I think I'm working on month 14 now and it's just about as good as new. Mine is used, at least, once per week.

RP :D

David B also went on to say he wash and drys the mitt after use. This helps the fibers stay attached to the backing. This option rather than letting the mitts air dry. The mitts stay damp for a while and the fibers start to peel away when they air dry.

I'll try to find that post.

Lt1Corvette
Oct 24th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by DETLMAN
I use a water sprite that has served its usefull life for drying cars. It holds a lot of soap, is very slippery and of all the other things I have tried for washing produces the least amount of washing marks.

I can say they take a little getting used to but do the job well and for the most part they are free, if not fo using them for washing I would be throwing them away.
I am not familiar with those. Could you explain what they are?

Vegas SRT
Oct 24th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Like the rest of my stuff my mitt is of course microfiber. :)

DETLMAN
Oct 24th, 2004, 06:58 PM
its a synthetic chamois made by sm arnold. You can buy them online at most detail supliers. I have been using them for a few years and they are the best I have found. I have tried many different microfibers for drying, mits for washing and I have had the best and most consistant results with these.

Teak
Oct 24th, 2004, 09:11 PM
I prefer genuine wool wash mitts, because they are easier to find than 100% cotton shenille mitts. Also, wool holds more wash solution and leave little to no wash marks. Not all wool mitts are created equal, as I have same which are nearing 2 years old which are near new after many washes and some which are few months old which are ready for the garbage.

DETLMAN,
Is the watersprite the same as the Absorber?
This think outside the box.

RP,
Whre do you purchase your mitts?

Eric

cheapthrills
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Hope nobody bashes me, but i have been using turtle wax wool wash mitt for a while. they are cheap and seem to work well, and last awhile. The 2 bucket method always helps no matter what mitt you are using. ;)

After I am done washing, I hold the mitt to the side of the bucket, and use the jet on the hose to knock loose particles out. i do this a few times flipping the mitt over each time, till all the soap and dirt is out, then i give it a little squeeze(not wringing or twisting) then i let it air dry, if it's sunny i may leave it out in the sun to speed up the process.

gb387
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:31 AM
I think its time to change back to wool, I use to have a mit but I didn't like it. Might have been low quality and didn't last very long at all, wasn't very soft but I did get it at wal-mart.

DETLMAN
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Teak

DETLMAN,
Is the watersprite the same as the Absorber?
This think outside the box.

Eric

no they are completly different. the water sprite is more like a cloth than the absorber, the absorber is kinda rubbery.

GearHead_1
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:34 AM
I don't use one but I thought someone would speak up for the natural sea sponge.

Tim Lingor
Oct 25th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by cheapthrills
Hope nobody bashes me, but i have been using turtle wax wool wash mitt for a while. they are cheap and seem to work well, and last awhile. The 2 bucket method always helps no matter what mitt you are using. ;)

After I am done washing, I hold the mitt to the side of the bucket, and use the jet on the hose to knock loose particles out. i do this a few times flipping the mitt over each time, till all the soap and dirt is out, then i give it a little squeeze(not wringing or twisting) then i let it air dry, if it's sunny i may leave it out in the sun to speed up the process.

Hey,

Do not worry, no one will bash you on MOL!! :xyxthumbs Any suggestion from MOL members is welcome!! Besides, with all of the different ideas, it gives everyone a chance to see which product they may like to try next! :)

Tim

I always use very soft brushes they cover more ground come in different shaped heads and sizes and hold plenty of soap cant be quicker. also long handled ones work well for hoof roof fenders sides and wheel wells without bending over. Wool falls apart and doesnt last more than a couple of weeks for me. my wash brushes last years. One brush I have my dad gave me from Nissan's body shop they used it back in late 80's-90's and were gonna throw it out so it took it nothing wrong with it. He used it on family vehicles then I took it over for my mobile detailing business. The brushes can be bought any where parts store detail shops online suppliers local distributors even walmart.They never scratch or micro-marr the paint and even clean Wheels and Tires Too SO Id say My vote goes to The wash brush for president of washing america. THANKS AND REMEMBER "YOUR VOTE COUNTS !!!! ":db:

SPELLING ERROR
HOOF = ROOF:rolleyes:

ROOF= HOOD

Acuracl99
Oct 27th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Wool mit, the mit i ordered from autopia has lasted me over 9 months of weekly washings and still feels brandnew :)

chroma
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:36 PM
I also use the wool wash mitt from Autopia. I use it twice a week (two cars) and it has lasted me over 6 months. Very good mitts. I believe they're only $9 so they're pretty reasonable.

gb387
Nov 25th, 2004, 07:56 AM
anyone use the meguiars wool wash mitt? If so how do you like it?

scrub
Nov 25th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by gb387

Yep. Got one earlier this summer. Was good quality. The mitt was not made by Meguiar's. It didn't even have their logo on it if I rememeber correctly. I don't see what the extra cost ($12.95) compared to Walmart or Target ($6.99) got me.

Unreal
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Lambs wool mit for me

which mitt last longest?

gb387
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Just went to walmart and picked up a lambs wool wash mit. I had one sometime ago and was not happy with it.

Someone here suggested that you search through their inventory for the softest mitt. I was surprised that there was such a difference. There were 5 on the shelf and only one was VERY soft others were OK. The difference was night and day!

chroma
Feb 4th, 2005, 06:36 PM
gb387,

I was just in Walmart the other day and noticed the same mits you were talking about. For $5 so they seemed like a halfway decent mitt. I may have to give one a try.

gb387
Feb 4th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by chroma
gb387,

I was just in Walmart the other day and noticed the same mits you were talking about. For $5 so they seemed like a halfway decent mitt. I may have to give one a try.

Yep... $4.95 not bad. Worked well for me, just have to see how long they last!

PS Sioux Falls huh! My home town.

RamAirV1
Feb 5th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Over the last year or two, there seems to be a shift in preference to the lamb's wool wash mitt. I always thought those would scratch the paint. I currently use a Viking 100% cotton wash mitt. You can't buy them anymore. I bought a several of them when they went on closeout.

I too favor a soft wash brush, but they are so difficult to find. That's why I'm so anxious to try the new Meguiar's brushes.

Nobody has mentioned the Shiwala. One of those "As Seen on TV" gadgets. It has several strips of blue cloth attached to a handle. It looks like the cloth strips they use in automatic car washes. I used to use it on my '98 TA. It actually did a pretty good job. It covered a lot of area and didn't scratch. I don't even know if you can buy them anymore.

RamAirV1

SingingSabre
Feb 10th, 2005, 10:26 PM
I just got my $4.99 WalMart lamb's wool mitt. Brilliant!

I dug around and found the softest one, too. I was quite surprised at the differences between the mitts.

romulus
Feb 11th, 2005, 07:59 AM
I use chenilee pad/sponge. So far so good, but I will go with the Meg's soft wash brush... easier to rinse after you are done.

JSM
Feb 16th, 2005, 02:45 PM
I exclusively use sheepskin mitts on all of my black vehicles. I find these mitts to be the safest and they also last the longest if properly cared for.

Paddington
May 19th, 2005, 12:54 PM
I use sponge, cause cant get hold of anything else here in Norway
:wall:

gb387
May 19th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Paddington
I use sponge, cause cant get hold of anything else here in Norway
:wall:

Really!?!? Thats a bummer!

May 29th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by gb387
I do and I love it. I have to agree with who ever said that they don't put their hand in it. I which they would make one that was a square instead of a "mitt" but thats such a small thing to worry about. I just don't like any of the wrist bands on the mitts for my washing method.

Beercan31
May 29th, 2005, 07:18 PM
I can't agree with you more on the wash mitt

posted by 2000
I have to agree with who ever said that they don't put their hand in it. I which they would make one that was a square instead of a "mitt" but that's such a small thing to worry about. I just don't like any of the wrist bands on the mitts for my washing method.

I can't fit my hand in the mitt.
Most of the time I grab the scissors and cut the cuff off and cut the seam out and open the mitt up and use it that way, a lot easier to clean and you don't need to fuss about water/soap loading up in side the mitt any more.

GreeceLightning
May 30th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Since getting my Civic I've been using the lambs wool mitt. Before that I was using a sponge! I adapted to the slightly different washing method easily i.e. I didn't find sticking my hand inside interfered with the washing at all.

Mini-T
May 30th, 2005, 11:29 AM
I have a wool wash mitt that I think was sold as a Simonize. I can't remember how much I paid for it exactly but it was probably $20 CND at Canadian Tire. I've had it for about a year and a half now. Its used about every week in the short time of the year that its not too cold to wash the car outside here in Ottawa. Its still in great shape, still very soft. I make sure to wash it out after every use. I wash it in the sink with fresh water and car wash. Then I rinse it throughly and hang it up to dry in the laundry room.

megcrazy
Dec 20th, 2005, 01:49 AM
anyone tried using even coat applicator for car wash? just wondering if it works well....

Mark2
Dec 20th, 2005, 02:05 AM
I use the Ultra Plush wash-mitt. But it's not listed. The even coat applicator is too small and holds too little water IMO to be any good to wash with.

Murr1525
Dec 20th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Have to agree that an even coat applicator isnt going to work too well. Not enough pile on it for one thing, to keep dirt off the surface. And I dont know how much soap it would really hold.

MTBPATH
Dec 20th, 2005, 03:04 PM
I don't think I've ever tried using a 'Lambs Wool Wash Pad/Mitt'.
but so I know, who makes an affortable one or one with great results?
maybe post a pic.
currently I am using all the meg's wash brushes and mitts.
so, if it really makes a big difference, I guess I would be willing to give it a try.
thanks...

teterd
Dec 20th, 2005, 11:16 PM
So far I have had great luck using Meguiar's Versa-Angle Body Brush. I used it with the two bucket system. I hang a paint roller grate on the rinse bucket and while I'm rinsing the brush I run the brush over the grate and it knocks off any stubborn grit that might be clinging to the brush, but as I have said, no problemas so far.

the other pc
Dec 21st, 2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by MTBPATH
I don't think I've ever tried using a 'Lambs Wool Wash Pad/Mitt'.
but so I know, who makes an affortable one or one with great results?... I got a really nice Sonus sheepskin mitt from Lynn at BetterCarCare.com for a very reasonable price.
http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-91251181283697_1876_2037524

PC.

sneek
Dec 21st, 2005, 07:56 PM
im a sponge guy!
never scratches and there cheaper than dirt. i used to use wash mits and i find if you wash and bolw dry your mits they last a little longer

SiriusRIMZ
Dec 22nd, 2005, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by teterd
So far I have had great luck using Meguiar's Versa-Angle Body Brush. I used it with the two bucket system. I hang a paint roller grate on the rinse bucket and while I'm rinsing the brush I run the brush over the grate and it knocks off any stubborn grit that might be clinging to the brush, but as I have said, no problemas so far.

x2. I love both my wide faced brush and my versa angle. They both hold a great deal of soap and water, and are extremly easy to clean. Plus, Since they are white, you know when its time for a deep cleaning.:spot

teterd
Dec 22nd, 2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by SiriusRIMZ
x2. I love both my wide faced brush and my versa angle. They both hold a great deal of soap and water, and are extremly easy to clean. Plus, Since they are white, you know when its time for a deep cleaning.:spot

I agree. Had to buy several as my wife kept taking mine. She says she loves how soft they are. She likes the fact that she can remove the handles. She likes to use them without the handles when washing the sides and lower portion of her truck and with handles for top and hood (bonnet).:iagree:

aaronalverson
Dec 24th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Lambskin is the best I have ever used. I love it!!

DetailManiac
Jan 17th, 2006, 12:01 AM
I use at the moment the Ultra Plush Wash Mitt.

And the Ultimate Wash Mitt, which is not available
in the U.S. yet (i think)

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1536/e102eultimatemitt7yl.gif

And i ordered from ADS this week the following wash mitts and pad ( among other things ):

* X-3000
* X-3012 ( new )
* X-3020 ( new )
* X-3050 ( wash pad )

So i can't wait for the package to arrive, so i can play with these
new toys and hope that the 2 new ones are available soon so
Rick can ship them out to the Netherlands.

tron1974
Jan 17th, 2006, 06:20 AM
I use the Chenille mitt which I was able to get as a 3 pack some time ago at BJ's for $5 on clearance (I should have bought more).

Cadude
Jun 6th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by cheapthrills Hope nobody bashes me, but i have been using turtle wax wool wash mitt for a while. they are cheap and seem to work well, and last awhile. The 2 bucket method always helps no matter what mitt you are using. ;)

They're be bashing me also. I use the TW chenille mitt and a Meg's Ultra Plush Mop. The Mop is used on the big panels, and the mitt around the door handles, mirrors, and other small areas. The TW mitt is really very durable. After each use, I machine wash the mitt and mop head, then air dry.

areaseven
Jun 6th, 2006, 08:39 AM
I use a California MicroMitt.

F-150
Jun 6th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by 2hotford
Hey,

I too use a lambs wool mitt. I will get probably 20 washes out of each one and then I replace it (the fur is usually coming out by that point).

Cheers! :)
Tim

I do the same, I really like using new mits too, you can tell the difference on how worn the other one was so I just buy them in 3 packs from ADS and always have like....3-5 handy.

Toady
Jun 6th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I gave up on mitts a long time ago. In my view, they're a real pain to use for a whole bunch of reasons, the most annoying being that you're hands get wet and soapy while you're washing. Lemme tell ya, this is an issue in cold weather!

Instead, I've gotten much better results using a dip brush with a long handle I got at Walmart for $5. This is its third season of use! I like the brush because:

(a) the long handle makes reaching the roof and lower side panels very easy.

(b) the bristles are frayed and are very soft, especially when wet. Not one scratch from this brush!

(c) my hands are kept clean and dry while I wash.

(d) the brush is cheaper and lasts longer than any mitt.

(e) the brush does not deposit animal oils on the finish like some lambswool mitts.

(f) the long soft bristles clean into nooks, crannies, body seams, etc., much better than any mitt.

Hammer03
Jun 6th, 2006, 06:32 PM
another vote for mf mitt.
found em at the local kragen, they were cheap.

and now i can't find em...

SL1CK
Jun 6th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I really want to try Meguiars Ultra Plush Chenille Wash Mitt. Hopefully soon...

YukonG
Jun 7th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I use a lambs wool mit and make sure to rinse it out well after every wash. I hang it on a hook which is located right over the spot where I keep my wash bucket so that it can dry out.
I also use the meguiars wide body brush which makes washing the roof of my Yukon much easier.

broken1
Jun 8th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by SL1CK
I really want to try Meguiars Ultra Plush Chenille Wash Mitt. Hopefully soon...

ME 2, I want the pad though. I can't use mits as I have dry hands, and it makes them worse.

My plan is to use the Ultra plush chenille wash pad for the top half of the car

http://www.meguiars.co.za/images/prod_x3050_large.gif

and then a vera angle brush for the bottom

http://www.meguiars.co.za/images/prod_x1030_large.gif

Will the brush scratch the car or leave swirls though? I plan on only using it for the bottom.

If I really like how it's going, i'll get the wide body brush for the top.

YukonG
Jun 8th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Broken1, You don't have to limit your use to only the lower panels. Meguiars body brushes will not leave any swirl marks. I use them on my wifes black Mercedes ML350 and they've never left any marks. :D

OPA1
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:21 PM
I use a brush on a handle for my SUV and have never had any problems. After washing the truck I rince out the bucket, then the brush head and hang it up to dry in its own little place. I use to use the wash mitt, when we had the lower cars but gave it up when I got the truck.

ED:cool:

zr123
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I use a Mircotek Microfiber Sponge... Awesome stuff :xyxthumbs

F-150
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by broken1
ME 2, I want the pad though. I can't use mits as I have dry hands, and it makes them worse.

My plan is to use the Ultra plush chenille wash pad for the top half of the car

http://www.meguiars.co.za/images/prod_x3050_large.gif

and then a vera angle brush for the bottom

http://www.meguiars.co.za/images/prod_x1030_large.gif

Will the brush scratch the car or leave swirls though? I plan on only using it for the bottom.

If I really like how it's going, i'll get the wide body brush for the top.

The versa angle body brush won't and shouldn't scratch, once you get it, brush your fingers across the bristles, you notice it's very, very soft, and the way it feels will give you a feeling of it being safe on your finish.

broken1
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by F-150
The versa angle body brush won't and shouldn't scratch, once you get it, brush your fingers across the bristles, you notice it's very, very soft, and the way it feels will give you a feeling of it being safe on your finish.

I got a versa-angle body brush today and all I can say is WOW! It holds so much soap and water, REALLY works well and it's so easy to use!! It's also great you can detach the head - for difficult to reach spots!!!

WOW! I'm a convert. Meg's brushes all the way!!! :bounce :bounce :bounce

OPA1
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I'm glad you made the decision on washing your car thw brush way. When I bought my first truck, it was a real pain washing the truck. Espically the roof, around the rack. I found my wash brush at the car care plkace I use to buy ny MEG. supplies, but it's not a MEG brush.
Anyway good luck and happy detailing

ED:db:

RCBuddha
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Depending on the amount of dirt, I like to use:

Sheepskin Mitts
Grout Sponge
MF coated Sponge

Always double rinse and I spray my soap on with a foam gun.

jpierre
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:49 AM
I have to agree with the others here that I have got a number of months into my wash mitt. I also wash and dry it after each use.

BeachDude
Jul 6th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Call me crazy - but I buy the deep pile microfiber wash mitts at the Dollar store. Due to the amount of road grim/salt/sand/undercoating (it’s Canada not California)... the pristine white mitt gets dirty quick (especially if washing around the fenders/wheels).

Depending on how much sand I can remove with a pressure washer - the glove gets tossed after the 2nd use. I can't chance embedded dirt swirling my paint. 3 washes tops!

Then it gets donated to a friend (who doesn't know the difference and thinks their great) or it goes in the garbage.

At $1 each - I buy 10 or so a year. 4-5 washes in the winter... 12-15 in the summer. It’s not a huge investment and I never worry about contamination or paint damage.

http://users.efni.com/~twm/delsoltagline.jpg

evo77
Aug 15th, 2006, 10:12 AM
I really want to try the versa brush as all of the positive reviews have me excited to try it. But I'm wondering, the purpose of the plush mitts/sponges is to trap dirt in the nap of the fibers as you glide it across the panels. It then gets released as you dip it in the water bucket. But with the brush, where does the dirt go? Is it just pushed around and suspended in the soapy suds clinging to the panels until the car gets its rinsing bath?

RamAirV1
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:15 PM
With the versa angle body brushes, the dirt goes up into the bristles and seems to be whisked away from the tips of the brush.

You can run it against a grit guard in your bucket to get the embedded dirt out. I just got a grit guard and it seems to work very well. Also, I use two buckets, one for the soap and one to rinse the brush out after using it on a body panel.

RamAirV1

kellyinkc
Oct 17th, 2006, 05:00 PM
So far I use the chennile. Need to try a lambs wool one.

93ZF6
Oct 17th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Boars Hair Brush on paint and glass, dedicated sponge on wheels 2 bucket method

prostock53
Oct 20th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Microfiber, no scratches or swirls. The only waty to go.

DJStillman
Oct 20th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I bought one of those mitts from Wallyworld about 2 months ago. I used it for about 5 weeks of 1 wash per week, rinsing it thoroughly and squeezing it dry and suspending it to finish drying. It was the biggest piece of trash I had ever used! The hairs kept getting yanked out in my cars trim, and after 5 weeks, the entire wrist portion of the mitt had just fallen apart as I was putting my hand into it! Not to mention how stiff it was after it had dried...

So, I am now trying to find the best type of washing implement to wash my poor car that has not had a wash in 2 weeks now...

mongo
Oct 20th, 2006, 06:24 PM
I use Viking 100% cotton chenille mitts with the Cotton Logo on from the American Cotton Industry works well for me.
You can find them at Oriely's Auto Parts or can order online at Partsamerica.com
After 4 months I switch to a new one .

RamAirV1
Oct 20th, 2006, 07:17 PM
I use Viking 100% cotton chenille mitts with the Cotton Logo on from the American Cotton Industry works well for me.
You can find them at Oriely's Auto Parts or can order online at Partsamerica.com
After 4 months I switch to a new one .

I thought those were no longer available. They have (had) a nice product there BTW!

RamAirV1

bkne1
Oct 21st, 2006, 04:39 PM
i use only real lambs wool wash mitts its the only way to go:)

GINA
Oct 24th, 2006, 08:57 AM
I use a Chenille mitt, those bright green ones with all the little "fingers" you see at Advance. I buy a new one every few weeks just to keep it fresh :)

noswirler
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:20 AM
the gold class wash brush is great,leaves no "swash" streaks

rascal
Oct 29th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Chenille mitt is my main washing mitt, but I just bought the new Microfiber mitt from Meguiar's. I haven't used it yet since I'm still enjoying my other mitt. I will use the new MF mitt on my next wash and use my old mitt for everybody else's car. :D

gorin002
Dec 6th, 2006, 01:45 AM
a soft brush and stick with a spounge i think i get to see what meqaires
dealer has the meqaire products

DaGonz
Feb 19th, 2007, 05:28 AM
I have sheepskin. microfiber and chenille wash mitts!

Mike Phillips
Jan 9th, 2008, 06:14 AM
This poll was posted on Oct 24th, 2004, 02:56 PM that's 4 years ago...

How about someone post a new poll?

pcmark
Jan 9th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I use an extra-wide washing brush that Meguiar's used to sell (it's not listed on their store site any more). It covers a lot more area than a mitt, and gets into trim areas very well. Supposedly, the brush was designed not to scratch or swirl, and I'm very careful to use a rinse bucket after each set of body panels, and I thoroughly rinse the brush with the hose when done (plus, my vehicle typically is never dirty enough to have grit on it).

rascal
Jan 11th, 2008, 03:44 PM
This poll was posted on Oct 24th, 2004, 02:56 PM that's 4 years ago...

How about someone post a new poll?

Acutally, 3 years and 11 days ago. :D But yes though...a new poll would be nice.

BTW....Oct. 24 is my birthday. :bigups

FLYNFOX
Jan 13th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Microfiber for my vehicles.

irf@n
Jan 26th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Non-touch washing with foam gun...

Sal329
Jan 27th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I use a Lowes Grout Sponge when washing with ONR which I use 99% of the time. When washing with tradional soap I use a Lambswool or a MF mit with the long naps

Tuck91
Feb 17th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I use the Meguiars Ultra Plush Chenille Wash Pad

It literally floats over the paint and its so soft

john m.
Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
I voted lambs wool, i used to use micro fiber but when i switched to lambs wool i liked it so much more! Ive been wanting to try out the ultra plush chenille though!

Bounty
Jun 3rd, 2009, 01:21 PM
Home Depot Grout Sponge...:xyxthumbs

Alex C.
Jun 3rd, 2009, 01:33 PM
Lambswool mitts for me. But my hands never see the inside of them.

Eddie6th
Jun 3rd, 2009, 05:14 PM
i've always used a sponge.Any ol' sponge? 'NO'. I look for quality,soft but firm. The cheap soggy ones are no use.They fall apart and don't retain many suds/foam.

JohanD
Oct 1st, 2009, 07:20 PM
Home Depot Grout Sponge...:xyxthumbs

I have read these are popular.. anyone else use these?

Calais
Oct 3rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
I have read these are popular.. anyone else use these?

I've heard of everyone using Lowe's Proline grout sponges. I want to buy a couple, they are supposed to be wonderful and are only ~$2. If those are the same as the ones at Home Depot, I may go check that out tomorrow.

imacarnut
Oct 3rd, 2009, 09:38 PM
If those are the same as the ones at Home Depot, I may go check that out tomorrow.

They are not, and the Lowes Proline Tile & Grout Sponge is softer (it gets even softer when wet) and more pliable than the HD Grout Sponge. I've used many sponges and the Proline is by far the best one and at $2, it's one heck of a bargain.

speed3blackmica
Nov 17th, 2009, 01:00 PM
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2962/microfibercarwashmittd.jpg (http://img5.imageshack.us/i/microfibercarwashmittd.jpg/)

thats the mit that i use..i love it..its the microfiber knobby mitt...it holds soooo much water...i dip into my wash bucket and i watch the water line drop 2-3 inches its great...leaves me with a ton of soapy water for lubrication while washing, and it glides over the paint...its my personal favorite.

Innovative Detailing
Nov 26th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Grout Sponges all the way!

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k448/Havasulvr/No%20watermark/sponge2.jpg

Love Eleanor
Mar 29th, 2010, 12:56 PM
We are using this washmit for company and also private cars, it's great as many posts mentioned before :dp:
http://www.nonpaints.cz/deploy/img/products/484/484.gif