PDA

View Full Version : What does 80 look like?

RoBb
Oct 30th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Recently got 2 samples of speed glaze from autopian members, thanks guys :). Now my question is, there is a difference in appearance between the two, one is a lightish brown/greenish color, the other is the same but has tiny white specks throughout the polish, which is normal? Thanks

Tim Lingor
Oct 30th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Hey,

Meguiar's #80 Speed Glaze is a solid lighter green. There should be no flakes of anything in it.

To be very honest, I would not use anything on my paint if I am unsure of its origin. Just IMHO. :)

Tim

Lt1Corvette
Oct 31st, 2004, 06:03 PM
I remember some of the meaner cleaners like 4 having some visible particles in the mix. This is what cuts through the paint. I agree with 2hotford, be cautious of samples.

Mike Phillips
Oct 31st, 2004, 06:14 PM
Usually it's a greenish color. I don't know about the specs... perhaps it wasn't shaken well before he poured it off?

I don't recall ever seeing white specks in the product but I can look through a couple bottles and look?

Mike

RoBb
Oct 31st, 2004, 07:39 PM
if you could that'd help Mike, im not really wary of the sample, it was from Scottwax himself, a very highly regarded detailer. So no worries there, he said on autopia that it should like that, and i trust him. Thanks for the help.

Tim Lingor
Oct 31st, 2004, 08:01 PM
Hey,

I know Scott quite well; he is a great guy!! :xyxthumbs

I am still at a loss about the specks however. I will go check my gallon container and let you know.

Tim

Beercan31
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:52 PM
Usually it's a greenish color. I don't know about the specs... perhaps it wasn't shaken well before he poured it off?

#80 speed glaze will also smell like bannas.

Scottwax
Nov 1st, 2004, 08:52 PM
I've been using that gallon for a month now with no problems. Works just like all the other #80 I have used.