PDA

View Full Version : How many discussion forums do you belong to? (All forums, not just detailing)

Zuke
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Title says it all,

How many discussion forums do you belong to?

(All forums, not just detailing)

:D

MrCLRider
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I chose 4+

I do enjoy though coming here and trying to help out some of the newer guys.

BlueZero
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Detailing forums or all types?

Zuke
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I guess all...Should have thought that thru. I have only been here and PBnation.com.

Mike Phillips
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:41 PM
And even more specifically,

How many forums do you belong to?
How many forums are your active on?

I belong to a lot of discussion forums, alas I only have time to be active on a few.

If you want to start a new poll and reword it however you like, we can remove this one.

:)

Eddie6th
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:50 PM
This is the only forum that i'm on....and i love it!

It's totally clean! So,it has a good method of monitoring :xyxthumbs

I should take an interest on other car/tuning forums,but I spend enough time here.

I've never tried any other forums...so this is THE One and Only!

Zuke
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Can you please Mike, Thanks

What question do you think would make for a good poll Q

RS-Kwong
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:51 PM
i belong to 3 Audi Forums and 2 detailing forums...
4+ for me..

sudsbyhubbs
Jun 12th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I belong to 3 detailing forums, although this is the only one I really post to. I also belong to 3 forums for my cars. So 4+ for me.

Eddie6th
Jun 12th, 2009, 01:04 PM

What question do you think would make for a good poll Q

I just realized what you mean. I struck me as Forums on the internet. Is that what it meant?

Barry N
Jun 12th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Miata.net
Mac Forum
Meguiars
Connect2Edmonton.com
Pugetsoundradio.com

Zuke
Jun 12th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Barry whats that Puget Sound Fourm about? I can't view it here from work.

ClearlyCoated
Jun 12th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I belong to so many, I've lost count. I'm active here, somewhat less on Truth in Detailing, and on a San Diego Chargers forum that I help moderate. I usually join a forum when I buy something new (Palm PDA, Magellan GPS, other electronic devices) to learn how to use them, troubleshoot problems (I'm a big believer that someone else has already experienced my problems and resolved them) and to score free apps and other goodies. But after the learning curve is reached, I tend to drop off them. I'm a periodic member of a Honda Accord forum which is a great resource for dealing with questions on maintenance and resolving issues that might otherwise cost me a trip to the mechanic.

Zuke
Jun 12th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Oh i see CC, so your just going to buff your way to the top and leave us too? haha jk

ClearlyCoated
Jun 12th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Oh i see CC, so your just going to buff your way to the top and leave us too? haha jkHa ha...

I've been compromised. Now Zuke must disappear...:nervous1

Mike Phillips
Jun 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM

I just tweaked what you had a little bit...

Zuke
Jun 12th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks Mike! Expects some Q's and Reviews from me soon, my ADS order is waiting for me at home!

Mike Phillips
Jun 12th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Great summary explanation of what forums are great for John. Forums are great for gathering information from the end-users side of the equation before making a purchase. Niche car forums are great if like working on your car as there's usually a few key gurus to help you solve your problem and good forums offer a nice cyber environment to hang out in during the discussion duration.

Oh i see CC, so your just going to buff your way to the top and leave us too? haha jk

That's funny...

:laughing

Eddie6th
Jun 12th, 2009, 02:57 PM
But after the learning curve is reached, I tend to drop off them. I'm a periodic member of a Honda Accord forum which is a great resource for dealing with questions on .

Hi CC,that's the good thing here.There's a learning curve,but there are a lot of variables. What's the honda forum like? Is there one for civic owners?

ClearlyCoated
Jun 12th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Yep :xyxthumbs

8thCivic.com (http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/)

CivicForums.com (http://www.civicforums.com/)

The Accord forum is OK, but like a lot of forums it has several members that run the site through their personal opinion. A lot of the focus is on modding, which is not of particular interest to me since I like to keep my car stock. But the tips and DIY's are excellent and informative.

Eddie6th
Jun 12th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Yep :xyxthumbs

8thCivic.com (http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/)

CivicForums.com (http://www.civicforums.com/)

The Accord forum is OK, but like a lot of forums it has several members that run the site through their personal opinion. A lot of the focus is on modding, which is not of particular interest to me since I like to keep my car stock. But the tips and DIY's are excellent and informative.

Thanks,i'll check them out.

J. A. Michaels
Jun 12th, 2009, 03:26 PM
4+ for me. However most of my time is spent here. Like the way this one is run it suits my tastes.

Bounty
Jun 12th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Same here....4+ all automotive forums of one sort or another (detailing, model-specific, performance, etc)

MyFirstES300
Jun 13th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Mike raised a good point. Currently, I belong to 3 Forums, but am really only active on 2. Forums are great, but can be overwhelming when you attempt to check them ALL everyday.

john m.
Jun 13th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Im only on 2, this one and 8thcivic under another name there. But I am much more active on this site, probably has to do with my massive addiction to detailing and want and need to constantly know more and more until I cant hold any more information. There are others im lookin into though, motorcyle one, and a flying one if I find a good one for info on that.

Alfist-GTV6
Jul 3rd, 2009, 02:11 AM
I'm on 11 Alfa Romeo forums and 3 detailing forums.

But i'm mostly active on 6 of them.

JohanD
Aug 11th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I'm registered on many forums but only active on a few.

Forums are a very useful tool for me. What I usually look for is real world experience that can't be found in a manual or marketing material.

hemi
Feb 2nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
1 Maguiars detailing
2 Speedwake
3 Offshoreonly
4 Donziregistry
5 Boatfreaks

Frozenbarb
Feb 2nd, 2010, 05:37 PM
Let me try to think A LOT.
All by the name of Frozenbarb. Thank god for internet. :)

TNMom
Feb 6th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Just 3, aquariacentral.com, mothering.com and even though I don't know enough to contribute, I do read the forums here everyday.

Bill Davidson
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:10 AM
And even more specifically,

How many forums do you belong to?
How many forums are your active on?

I belong to a lot of discussion forums, alas I only have time to be active on a few.

If you want to start a new poll and reword it however you like, we can remove this one.

I selected 2 because I am only active on 2.

This forum plus...
www.123macmini.com
I have almost 5000 posts

JoeDirt
Aug 17th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Explorer Forum
MOL
Archery Talk Forum
Toyota Forum (which is pretty weak)