PDA

View Full Version : Twitter

Andrew C.
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Has Meguiar's ever thought of making a twitter? Or even Barry making a twitter?

It seems like it is a pretty big trend now and maybe it would be a good way to get the younger audience into car detailing. Just an idea.

Mark Kleis
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:22 PM
I would gladly help with this, feel free to give me a ring Mike :)

Andrew C.
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:29 PM
I was just thinking, you released the new videos, if you had a following on twitter, post up about the new videos

Other updates could be on events Meguiar's is at or going to be at.

New Products

Basically anything!

Mark Kleis
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:32 PM
I often tweet stuff on behalf of Meguiar's... but you make a very good point- this is something they need on their own.

rusty bumper
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:33 PM
I've never really understood why these social networking sites are so popular. :scratchhead1

I mean, many corporations are plugging into these sites, but why anyone would want to read all of these blogs is news to me. Isn't our time tied up enough as is?

Now, I'm not knocking any of you if this is your cup of tea, and I'm not directing my post at the thread starter either. I just wonder how I could fit Facebook, and Twitter into my already allotted time...and what's to gain from these sites that we don't already have here?

Just my two cents worth.

Mark Kleis
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:39 PM
Good questions Rusty...

The answer? For starters, it isn't for everyone. I wasn't into Twitter or Facebook at all until I started working as a Fiesta Agent for Ford in April (See info HERE (www.markkleis.com))

Now, I am glad I got into them because it really helps a lot for business networking and getting your message out there. I am able to reach literally thousands of people just by utilizing proper channels in Twitter with the click of a button. For the average person, you may not have much to gain from it [Twitter], but it is a great way for businesses or people looking to establish a presence on the internet to do so.

I also use it to occasionally find news or updates about the auto industry or politics. It's just one more way to stay in touch with the world and the things that are changing around you.

It really doesn't have to take a lot of time, either. You can devote as little or as much time as you want. I can check my Twitter completely in 10 seconds. I just check in periodically throughout the day.

MaximusZTS
Nov 13th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I had brought this up with some of the guys at MOL and I got funny looks from them.

Murr1525
Nov 13th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Dear god please no.....

the_invisible
Nov 13th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Dear god please no.....

what he said

... my kids are ALWAYS tweeting when they're supposed to be studying for their midterm exams.

J. A. Michaels
Nov 13th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Dear god please no.....

I agree.

Clutch34
Nov 13th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I'm into facebook, but I haven't tried twitter yet -- I'm scared I'm going to get sucked in!!! lol

Michael Stoops
Nov 13th, 2009, 08:54 AM
This is something we've started to explore but haven't pulled the trigger quite yet. Interesting to see that it's a love it or hate it proposition.... not much of a middle ground so far!

Clutch34
Nov 13th, 2009, 09:02 AM
This is something we've started to explore but haven't pulled the trigger quite yet. Interesting to see that it's a love it or hate it proposition.... not much of a middle ground so far!

If that's the case, those who love it will find it very helpful to get information about new products, videos, events, etc. and those who hate won't bother with it and will continue looking at this forum for updates. Either way, everyone is happy! :)

...but if yall DO start using Twitter...I may have a legit reason to look into it... :D

Andy M.
Nov 13th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I'm on Facebook. Haven't tried Twitter. Quite a few of us on FB actually.

Here Mike check this out.

Meguiar's Online (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113632686846&ref=search&sid=1830792929.146766704..1#/group.php?gid=83810661499&ref=ts)

There are three or four fan clubs on Facebook.

Andy

ColonelCash
Nov 13th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I started a group on Facebook for a local print shop in Nashville. It was a joke at first between my ex and myself...now there almost 1000 members on it from all over the world. Pretty cool.

PS: I cannot stand Twitter...maybe because I'm far too busy with my OWN LIFE to worry about what everyone else is having for lunch, or taking a nap, or watching a movie, etc.

ClearlyCoated
Nov 13th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I work as a network admin for a LAN serving the Navy and Marines. Facebook, My Space, and Twitter are intentionally blocked because the Navy considers them to be security risks, or avenues for open port attacks. Our users (military personnel and civilian contractors like myself) receive regular e-mails reminding us that sites like these are also risks for potential identity theft and phishing scams. Military personnel are constantly reminded not to discuss their upcoming deployments on Twitter if they are accessing it from their personal computers at home.

While I realize that the Navy has to be extra vigilant in regards to internet sharing-sites like Twitter and Facebook, I kinda take my cue from them and follow suit. But as Mark mentioned, Twitter has considerable networking value for professionals and businesses

MaximusZTS
Nov 20th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I find most people who "hate" Twitter don't have an account or have one and don't really use them.