PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo Plus, has anyone tried it?

gbackus
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:48 AM
I see a lot about Hyper wash, but what about Megs other new carwash, has anyone tried it yet? If so, how do you like it?

dcswd
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Ive tried it. I think its alright, but not super.

I would rate it as being a bit better than the Deep Crystal Wash, but not as good as the Nxt Wash.

I forget what the cost of Shampoo + is though. So if you can, I would say go with nxt wash, but if you need it in quantity, go with shampoo + (or hyper wash maybe.. I havent tried it yet)

hope this helps... :D

Rick
Nov 10th, 2004, 04:47 PM
I almost bought a gallon, but the guy I buy my stuff from talked me in to hyperwash instead. Can't say I went wrong with the hyper wash.

BTW, I had a bucket of hyperwashI didn't pour out right away like I usually do. About 45 min after washing the car there was still about an inch of foam on the surface of the bucket!

Teak
Nov 11th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Is Shampoo+ the replacement for Wash and Wax?

Eric

Teak
Nov 11th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by dcswd
Ive tried it. I think its alright, but not super.

I would rate it as being a bit better than the Deep Crystal Wash, but not as good as the Nxt Wash.

I forget what the cost of Shampoo + is though. So if you can, I would say go with nxt wash, but if you need it in quantity, go with shampoo + (or hyper wash maybe.. I havent tried it yet)

hope this helps... :D
What qualities does Shampoo+ lack when compared to NXT wash or DC wash?

Eric

dcswd
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Teak
What qualities does Shampoo+ lack when compared to NXT wash or DC wash?

Eric

Compared to NXT wash, Shampoo+ lacks the high lubricity found in NXT wash. Shampoo+ is a nice wash that fits its target audience (Detailer Line... professional detailers) very well. If you just want a standard wash, you wont go wrong with it.

For washing your personal car, I think NXT wash is better because of the high lubricity to help you prevent swirl marks more than other other washes might. I would think that NXT wash leaves a bit more shine behind when you do a wash as well.

Both NXT wash and Shampoo+ are good washes, and they both have their target audience which they cater to very well. I was never too fond of the Deep Crystal Wash (especially compared to NXT wash... it just isnt as good) but others might have different opinions on that.

I hope this helps you some and feel free to post more questions for me :D

Teak
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by dcswd
Compared to NXT wash, Shampoo+ lacks the high lubricity found in NXT wash. Shampoo+ is a nice wash that fits its target audience (Detailer Line... professional detailers) very well. If you just want a standard wash, you wont go wrong with it.

For washing your personal car, I think NXT wash is better because of the high lubricity to help you prevent swirl marks more than other other washes might. I would think that NXT wash leaves a bit more shine behind when you do a wash as well.

Both NXT wash and Shampoo+ are good washes, and they both have their target audience which they cater to very well. I was never too fond of the Deep Crystal Wash (especially compared to NXT wash... it just isnt as good) but others might have different opinions on that.

I hope this helps you some and feel free to post more questions for me :D
Thanks for the info.

Eric

gbackus
Nov 15th, 2004, 05:16 PM
I thought shampoo plus was supposed to be the replacement for wash and wax, which had a polymer that created a beading action? Am I wrong? Anyone care to confirm/deny?

Rick
Nov 16th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by gbackus
I thought shampoo plus was supposed to be the replacement for wash and wax, which had a polymer that created a beading action? Am I wrong? Anyone care to confirm/deny?

That was my understanding. It's supposed to add some wax protection when you wash.