PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle cleaners vs car cleaners

1990ss
Aug 4th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Is there any advantage in using the motorcycle wax, spray detailer, metal/chrome polish vs. car wax, spray detailer, metal polish?

Just curious, so I don't have to spend more money getting motorcycle cleaners and waxes when I already have plenty of car products.

Murr1525
Aug 4th, 2009, 09:11 PM
You can use either one if you are already caring for your car.

The one important product would be the seat protectant, since it is not supposed to be slick.

Jesse Ivory
Aug 27th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Is there any advantage in using the motorcycle wax, spray detailer, metal/chrome polish vs. car wax, spray detailer, metal polish?

Murr1525
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:40 AM
You would be fine either way.

mark kline
Dec 11th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I am looking for a product from Maguires to replace a product that i use to get from Kit, called "bike clean" . The best stuff i'v found. Trouble is that its no longer available any ideas?

Murr1525
Dec 11th, 2009, 12:09 PM
What did the Bike Clean do? Was it a wash, or a cleaning product, or left protection behind, etc?

mark kline
Dec 11th, 2009, 12:43 PM
this product deep cleaned bugs, tar and road grime instantly, left no streaks or residue. It also left a protective coating of some sort that actually repelled water. I can't figure out why they quit making it. must have been bad marketing.

Murr1525
Dec 11th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Hmmm.. after looking it up, looks like a spray bottle, all purpose celaner? For something like that, you would probably be looking at a product like Body Solvent, or APC+. But those would be very harsh to be using all the time. And they certainly would remove any polish or wax left on the surface.

DetailArtist
Mar 18th, 2010, 05:54 PM
S-100 Total Motorcycle Cleaner is the best motorcycle cleaner. Particularly good for washing a dirty bike thats been detailed recently. Spray on a cold bike, hose it off. Dry's PERFECT w/ just a couple wipes. Looks better than the original detail!
If the bike is pretty rough, agitate grunge w/ a brush.

Works on car engine compartments like the cats meow, too.

Fly Bye
Jun 6th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Don't use "tire shine" on the tires :chuckle1

:wavey