PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU use your wash mitt?

Zuke
Aug 28th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I rarely wear mine, what about you?

Tuck91
Aug 28th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I always hold it, I never put my hand inside the mitt.

imacarnut
Aug 28th, 2009, 08:52 PM
When I use a sheepskin mitt (though I use a GS more often), I also don't put my hand inside the mitt, but do cut off the cuff.

J. A. Michaels
Aug 29th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Just grab it. Never put my hand in it.

Zuke
Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:07 AM
Hmm...Thought more would use it as a Mitt, good to see I am not alone

mongo
Sep 2nd, 2009, 05:47 PM
You have more control when you put your hand in but usually just grab it.

God Bless YOU.

Ganesa
Nov 11th, 2009, 07:46 PM
from the day I've bought it, i've never had my hand inside it :]

Andy M.
Nov 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I voted both as that is what I do. I am always concerned about the collar of the mitt infusing scratches and or swirls though.

Andy

ClearlyCoated
Nov 14th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I usually try to trick someone else into using it after making a big show of how much fun it is to wash my car. Then I sit back on the porch with a cold drink and point out missed spots or incorrect technique while hinting that I may or may not be able to trust them with the next step, quick waxing... :D

speed3blackmica
Dec 15th, 2009, 09:31 PM
i find it a big pain in the butt to put my hand inside it..because sometimes you have to turn your body and use your other arm to reach a certain panel and i hate taking it off to put it on the other hand or try to megaiver myself to reach with my one arm..i always hold my mitt..plus im more gental when i hold my mitt because it makes it really easy to glide the mitt across the paint smoothly

Clutch34
Dec 15th, 2009, 10:38 PM
i find it a big pain in the butt to put my hand inside it..because sometimes you have to turn your body and use your other arm to reach a certain panel and i hate taking it off to put it on the other hand or try to megaiver myself to reach with my one arm..i always hold my mitt..plus im more gental when i hold my mitt because it makes it really easy to glide the mitt across the paint smoothly

+1!

Zeta Detail
Dec 17th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I always wear it.

It wouldn't be called wash mitt if it wasn't meant to put one's hand inside it.

speed3blackmica
Dec 17th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I always wear it.

this is very true..however sometimes a different method than implied can give better results :chuckle1

but the truth is...whatever works for a certain person and they dont see new swirls showing up, then it can not be a wrong way of using the mitt

paudashlake
Dec 17th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I don't put my hand in it because it feels heavy and water always runs down my arm Admit it...that is NOT the best part of washing a car!

Innovative Detailing
Dec 17th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Use a GS only for the most part on all surfaces although I do carry a mitt.

Hand on top method is used when I do use a mitt, but that would only be for lowers/rockers and edges of wheel wells when vehicles are really extremely fithly from the rains. At times I may also use a mitt on the front leading edges, front windshield and mirrors when a vehicle is bugged out(full of bug guts).

Matt Majeika
Mar 4th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Depends on the part of the car that I'm washing. I do hand on the outside for all the panels, but when i get to the grille area, i put my hand inside so work around all of the crevices more easily. Also, when washing the wheels / wheel wells I wear the mitt, too.

CAShine
Mar 18th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I do either depending on my mood. If the water is cold I will hold it in my hand.

Ravi_1992
Aug 15th, 2010, 07:20 AM
I think its easier to hold wash mitt instead of putting my hand inside. It makes it easier to rub the mitt on the grid guards

FRS
Aug 15th, 2010, 02:11 PM
i always wear it.

+1

Ron500
Sep 11th, 2010, 03:44 AM
before i used to wear it, but after watching a few Meguiars tips videos, where mike holds it on outside, and trying it for myself, i found out this beats wearing it hands down as there is much more uniform and better suds, all in all it feels much better as well.

TKDDAD
Mar 16th, 2011, 05:54 PM
i also only grab it on the outside...So how soon do you think Megs will release a cuff less MF mitt that's not a mitt at all?....nice product research forum this turns out to be for them....and we all benefit!....