PDA

View Full Version : MBZ wood scratched

m5extc
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Hi all. I have a friends 1975 Mercedes that has some surface scratches in the wood instrument cluster surround. The piece is wood with a plastic laminent over it. I wanted to know if anyone has had any luck with cleaning up something like this. It only has scratches in a small portion, so I would like to avoid refinishing the entire piece. Any advise would be greatly appriciated.

Andrei

Tim Lingor
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Hey m5extc

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!!!! :) :welcome

Are the scratches through the clear laminate? If so, there is not too much that can be done. If they are only surface scratches, I would suggest trying Meguiar's PlastX. Test in a hidden spot. Be sure to REALLY work the product in and remove with a clean MF cloth.

Cheers!
Tim

Marc08EX
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:46 PM
:welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Tim pretty much summed it up! :) Good luck!

m5extc
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Hi Tim. Thank you for the welcome and the quick responce. I will give it a shot. The scratches are just on the surface of the laminate, so that should work. I had some plastic polish 10 sitting around, but was not sure if that was the right product for this particular application. Thanks again and I will let you know how it goes after I try it.

Andrei

TOGWT
Nov 17th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by 2hotford
Hey m5extc

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!!!! :) :welcome

Are the scratches through the clear laminate? If so, there is not too much that can be done. If they are only surface scratches, I would suggest trying Meguiar's PlastX. Test in a hidden spot. Be sure to REALLY work the product in and remove with a clean MF cloth.

Cheers!
Tim

:iagree:

That's the product I used to use on my MB before PastX, should solve the problem

m5extc
Nov 17th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Hi all. Just an update. The dash turned out great!!! It took some time, but I did not have to sand or use anything too agresive to take it down. Thank you again to everyone, and thank you Tim. This is a great forum!!

Andrei

Tim Lingor
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by m5extc
Hi all. Just an update. The dash turned out great!!! It took some time, but I did not have to sand or use anything too agresive to take it down. Thank you again to everyone, and thank you Tim. This is a great forum!!

Andrei

You are very welcome!!! :xyxthumbs

I am glad to hear that it all turned out so well!!

Any photos??

Cheers! :)

Tim