PDA

View Full Version : MSDS for ScratchX

Bri9801
Mar 20th, 2004, 12:49 PM
I'm not a professional detailer but I thought it would be a good idea to have all the MSDS' for all of my car care chemicals handy anyway. I signed up on Meguiars homepage and downloaded all the ones I needed but I couldn't find the one for ScratchX, I may have just not seen it but I don't think it was there?

Am I crazy or is it missing from the list?

Tom MacDonald
Mar 24th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. You are correct, that part number was missed. I have forwarded a request to the department that heads that up to get it on the site. If you need it right away you can P/M me your e-mail address and I can forward it to you.

Good eye on that one. I will let you know how long it may take to get it on the site.

Regards,

Tom

Bri9801
Mar 24th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Thanks Tom.....

No problem about the delay.....Aren't we all busy.

Like I said before, I'm not a professional just an entusiast, so I don't need it right away. I just thought it would be goo didea to have them on hand.

Good eye on that one.

Just glad I could help

Tom MacDonald
Mar 24th, 2004, 02:25 PM
The MSDS sheet is on the website for ScratchX...... Let me know if you find any others...

Regards,
Tom

CRXSi90
Mar 28th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Quik Clay

Maybe because it is a combination of Quik Detailer and the clay....so then is the clay the same as the Overspray clay?

Bri9801
Mar 28th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by CRXSi90
Quik Clay

Maybe because it is a combination of Quik Detailer and the clay....so then is the clay the same as the Overspray clay?

Is that "G-11 Clay Bar for Quik Detailing System" maybe?

CRXSi90
Mar 28th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Good eye, I missed that.

Funny thing, in the "G11 Clay Bar for Quick Detailing System" PDF, it has a reference number of "C2000."

C2000 is the "Overspray Clay."

As far as I can tell by comparing them, they are identical, even CAS numbers.

Very interesting. I must say that it is nice that they make a package available for the general public to clay their car. I

$9.99 for the Quik Clay system

$18.99 for 2 bars [4 oz.] of Overspray Clay

I know I got 2 bars in my Quik Clay box...I dunno how many ounces there was, though.

Mine was also outrageously more expensive than that, though. I can see why they dropped the price down...so they could be competitive.