PDA

View Full Version : Gold Class Accessories

Calais
Oct 18th, 2009, 03:39 PM
If you could only bring back one of the discontinued Gold Class accessories which would it be?

1. Triple duty detail brush.
2. Slide-lock detail brush.
3. All-surface interior brush.
4. Pet hair brush.
5. Versa-angle wheel face brush.
6. Versa-angle tire brush.
7. Versa-angle body brush.
8. Spoke brush.
9. Wash sponge.
10. Ultra plush wash mop.
11. Body duster.
12. Chenille wash pad.
13. Duo Glass towels.
14. Other (I feel like there may be one or two that I'm missing)

Tuck91
Oct 18th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Versa Angle Wheel Brush, I use it on every single one of my details.

Calais
Oct 18th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Versa Angle Wheel Brush, I use it on every single one of my details.

Tire or wheel face?

Murr1525
Oct 18th, 2009, 06:29 PM
The Wheel Brush and the Spoke Brush are definately favorites.

Calais
Oct 18th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Luckily I have the spoke brush, slide-lock brush, wheel face brush, tire brush and two wash sponges.I am going to pick up two chenille wash pads and a body brush next week.

Did I miss any accessories?

Tuck91
Oct 18th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Tire or wheel face?

Wheel face. I have only two of them and they are really starting to look weathered from so much use.

CieraSL
Oct 18th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I voted the tire brush. The only Gold Class brush I have is the Slide Lock brush. I use it all the time. I wish I could find more of those brushes somewhere. Seems to me that at one time I heard somebody mention something about those brushes or something of the sort being at Bass Pro Shop. Is that true?

Tuck91
Oct 18th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Luckily I have the spoke brush, slide-lock brush, wheel face brush, tire brush and two wash sponges.I am going to pick up two chenille wash pads and a body brush next week.

Did I miss any accessories?

The Microfiber Quik detail pad

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2072_72095769 (**********:changeImg('imgmainimg0',imgmainimg0large,document.getElementById('imgplaceholder'));)

the_invisible
Oct 18th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Does anybody have a picture of what the GC Chenille Wash Pad look like?

Calais
Oct 18th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Does anybody have a picture of what the GC Chenille Wash Pad look like?
http://image.superchevy.com/f/9151966+w100/sucp_0606_20_z+car_care_products+meguiars_chenille_car_wash_pad.jpg

Calais
Oct 18th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Wheel face. I have only two of them and they are really starting to look weathered from so much use.

How do you usually use it? Dedicated cleaner or wash soap? Do you go over the wheel after with a hand brush?

Seems to me that at one time I heard somebody mention something about those brushes or something of the sort being at Bass Pro Shop. Is that true?

I got mine from a local source, I didn't know that any stores still even carried them.

Tuck91
Oct 18th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I voted the tire brush. The only Gold Class brush I have is the Slide Lock brush. I use it all the time. I wish I could find more of those brushes somewhere. Seems to me that at one time I heard somebody mention something about those brushes or something of the sort being at Bass Pro Shop. Is that true?

I have purchased the Marine Line accessories from Bass Pro.

Tuck91
Oct 18th, 2009, 07:58 PM
How do you usually use it? Dedicated cleaner or wash soap? Do you go over the wheel after with a hand brush?

I have a lot of generic wheel brushes but those are just last resorts. I use my two Versa Angle Wheel Face brushes almolst every day with Wheel Brightener and car wash soap. The brushes and bristles are just weathered from all the contact they come in with brake dust. I will continue to use them until they fall apart, which should be anyday now since I am pretty hard on them.

J. A. Michaels
Oct 19th, 2009, 02:31 AM
I wish you had more then one option. I like the spoke brush, tire brush and the quik Detailer sponge.

Calais
Oct 19th, 2009, 05:30 AM
I wish you had more then one option. I like the spoke brush, tire brush and the quik Detailer sponge.

I thought about that, but then people could pick all of them. I wish I could set it so you could only choose two options.

Calais
Oct 21st, 2009, 10:10 AM
I just bought a body brush for an upcoming detail on a Ford Explorer, I can't wait to use it. Luckily my car is low enough (and I'm tall enough) that I can reach across the whole roof.

imacarnut
Oct 21st, 2009, 11:12 AM
Seeing this poll/thread, makes me appreciate that I still have a few of these kits :D
http://wwww.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14068