PDA

View Full Version : Removing water-spots from side mirrors (by hand)

EPHIOS
Dec 1st, 2009, 09:05 AM
Both of my side mirrors have water-spots on them. I tried cleaning it with Glass Concentrate, and claying it as well. I still can't remove it! Are there any ways to remove these spots, by HAND? Thanks!

Andy M.
Dec 1st, 2009, 09:55 AM
What products have you used besides clay and glass cleaner. Have you tried scratch-x or ultimate compound? Claying will generally not remove a defect. Claying will clean the paint to get it ready for defect removal and protecting.

Andy

EPHIOS
Dec 1st, 2009, 10:38 AM
I do have DC1, ScratchX 2.0, Swirl Remover 2.0 and SwirlX. I tried DC1 already, with High-Tech pad. No success.

xantonin
Dec 1st, 2009, 10:53 AM
Where you using those products by hand or with a tool?

If I'm not mistaken, the side mirrors have a glass coating in front of the reflective mirror portion, thus you're essentially dealing with glass.

Might need to follow the directions in the "Glass Polishing... deep cleaning (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4930&highlight=polish+glass) " thread.

Murr1525
Dec 1st, 2009, 01:36 PM
Are we discussing the glass side, or the painted shell?

geert dr
Dec 2nd, 2009, 05:12 AM
Rub the glass with some pure vinegar on a cloth or microfibre,that will remove the waterspots on the glass !

Andy M.
Dec 2nd, 2009, 09:18 AM
Are we discussing the glass side, or the painted shell?

I didn't think of that.........:wavey

Are you talking about the glass itself or the outer painted shell?

Andy

geert dr
Dec 2nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
I assume he means the glass itself because he tried to remove the waterspots with Glass Concentrate,you would'nt use that on laquer would you ? :scratchhead1

CieraSL
Dec 2nd, 2009, 06:53 PM
I'd try a little chrome polish.