PDA

View Full Version : who recieved their v2 buffers already!?

87rx7chick
Dec 4th, 2009, 10:42 AM
welp since they shipped out monday/tuesday i was curious if any one here has received theirs yet!

lets here some feed back!!:woot2

Andy's Pro Detailing
Dec 4th, 2009, 11:24 AM
mine was scheduled to arrive today. The son of a gun UPS guy :poke stopped by at around 9 am for some reason, they usually come in the afternoon. I was not at home and a signature was required:furious1.

I will stop at the local UPS customer center at around 5 today to pick it up :woot2

William_F
Dec 4th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I think mine got here yesterday. My wife got a UPS tag on the door yesterday, and she asked me if I was expecting anything other than that. We'll have to go by the apt mgr's office and pick it up.

Of course, even if it is here, I have to wait to play with it since it's a holiday gift....

Clutch34
Dec 4th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I think mine got here yesterday. My wife got a UPS tag on the door yesterday, and she asked me if I was expecting anything other than that. We'll have to go by the apt mgr's office and pick it up.

Of course, even if it is here, I have to wait to play with it since it's a holiday gift....

Nothing wrong with opening presents early! :D

AndrewR/T
Dec 4th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Mine showed up at my door today. Probably won't leave the box til spring

87rx7chick
Dec 4th, 2009, 12:38 PM
aw come on guys!!! anticipation is killin me over here :)

William_F
Dec 4th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Nothing wrong with opening presents early! :D

Tried to tell the wife that, but she insists I wait. She didn't even want to give me the bottle of ONR I had her order with it so I could wash HER truck. I always experiment with her car before I touch mine. She hates that, but her truck always looks good when I'm done so she keeps the complaints to a minimum.

She's about due for a cleaning and waxing, but since I have to wait for the tools, she gets to wait for the services :D

Clutch34
Dec 4th, 2009, 12:58 PM
hahaha Aight, well, maybe you can put up a personal review/opinion on the V2 once you use it! :xyxthumbs

AndrewR/T
Dec 4th, 2009, 01:11 PM
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/Andrew_rt/93.jpg

William_F
Dec 4th, 2009, 02:34 PM

Right now, I feel like Homer Simpson looking at a can of Duff beer :chuckle1

AndrewR/T
Dec 4th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Seems to be a very solid machine.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/Andrew_rt/94.jpg

Mikejl
Dec 4th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Mine arrived Tuesday. :dp:

Mike

Fly Bye
Dec 4th, 2009, 08:20 PM

What kind of polish is that Andrew?

sneakyfast
Dec 4th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I received mine today here in Michigan.

Looks like I got the same kit as Andrew. Came with the G110V2, velcro backing plate, 2-W8207 polishing pads, 1-W9207 Finish pad, 12oz sample of M205 and a Ultimate Wipe Microfiber towel. Also included a duffle bag which I was pretty impressed with.

With the temps falling quickly here in Michigan, I hope to test the G110 out before the snow falls.

AndrewR/T
Dec 4th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Came with a sampler bottle of M205. I'd like to pick up a gallon of M150 and 205 in the spring from ADS when I go to test this thing out. Couple boxes of pads would be nice as well.

Fly Bye
Dec 4th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Pho Shizzle :xyxthumbs

daslowmoses
Dec 5th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Where did you guys order from?? All I keep finding are preorders or backorders. Need this now.

Paul S
Dec 5th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Looks like ADS has shipped out their first shipment and now waiting on the second to fill additional orders. Paul S

William_F
Dec 5th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Where did you guys order from?? All I keep finding are preorders or backorders. Need this now.

Ordered mine from ADS. I did a preorder and placed my order as soon as they were in stock from the first batch.

sneakyfast
Dec 5th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I think ADS had 25 available for pre-oder. You had to submit an e-mail request to ADS to reserve one.

If you e-mail ADS, you might be able to get on the list for the next shipment that arrives.

Andy's Pro Detailing
Dec 5th, 2009, 12:33 PM
:dp::dp::dp::dp:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/Tundra_Boy/g110v2008.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/Tundra_Boy/g110v2009.jpg

William_F
Dec 5th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Mine is here for sure. My wife tormented me by asking if I wanted to look at it, then she proceeded to pull parts out of the box when I told her all I wanted was the ONR I bought for myself.

I will live vicariously through all of you for now. I can at least be happy I have one, even if I have to wait to play with it. Besides, it's getting cold out now anyway. Well, cold for TX anyhow. Those of you in the mid west would probably love to have the high 30s we're seeing right now :)

87rx7chick
Dec 5th, 2009, 07:51 PM
lol, has any one used theirs yet?

Andy's Pro Detailing
Dec 5th, 2009, 09:08 PM
unfortunately it's too cold here in FL :dunno, I couldn't even wear shorts for the last couple of days:furious1. I should be doing a full detail on my truck next week, when I get some time off. I can't wait to use it Scottwax2

Tim Lingor
Dec 6th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Hey,

I received mine last week, too bad it is so darn cold! Brrrrr...

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/IMG_5390C_Large_.jpg

Tim

cnfowler
Dec 6th, 2009, 06:29 PM
unfortunately it's too cold here in FL :dunno, I couldn't even wear shorts for the last couple of days:furious1. I should be doing a full detail on my truck next week, when I get some time off. I can't wait to use it Scottwax2

:rofl: You're killing me. We are expecting 60" of snow by Wednesday evening. Yeah, that's 5 feet.

You know, you are allowed to detail in long pants and shoes in Florida; shorts and flip flops are not required.

Colin

ZoranC
Dec 6th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I received mine last week ...
I can sense a serious review of this machine coming :)

Tim Lingor
Dec 6th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I can sense a serious review of this machine coming :)

You never know..... :) :) :)

Tim

87rx7chick
Dec 6th, 2009, 10:10 PM
u guys!! dont wimp out because of the cold. i went out in my garage today, turned on a heater and let it heat up and went to work !!!

ZoranC
Dec 7th, 2009, 05:26 PM
u guys!! dont wimp out because of the cold. i went out in my garage today, turned on a heater and let it heat up and went to work !!!
What was the temperature in San Anonio, Texas yesterday? 50-ish?

Nappers
Dec 7th, 2009, 07:24 PM
It was like 12 degrees here in No. California.....it was 25-30 all day. a bottle of water in my car froze halfway.....

Too cold for now to do anything with my cars :(

William_F
Dec 7th, 2009, 08:33 PM
What was the temperature in San Anonio, Texas yesterday? 50-ish?

I don't know about San Antonio, but here in Dallas, it's been mid 30s and drizzle all week....

ZoranC
Dec 10th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I don't know about San Antonio, but here in Dallas, it's been mid 30s and drizzle all week....
Too cold for my taste.

William_F
Dec 10th, 2009, 01:07 PM
^^^ Me too. It stopped raining and the temps are up to probably the low 40s. Makes me wish I'd brought a buckt, some MFs and that quart of ONR I just bought to work today. Could have washe don my lunch break :)

AndrewR/T
Jan 1st, 2010, 02:06 PM
Gave mine a try the other day and loved it. Feels very comfortable while using it, unlike others that I have tried.

speed3blackmica
Jan 1st, 2010, 02:10 PM
got mine about 3 days before christmas...ive used it 3 times so far, only for applying nxt 2.0 on the finishing pad...and i gotta say even at the highest speed (no i wasnt applying wax at speed 6) its very easy to hold, doesnt twist your wrist in different directions, and isnt wobbly and out of control..its so calm you can hold it with one hand and it wont over power you the slightest bit

CieraSL
Jan 1st, 2010, 06:55 PM
Hoping to order mine within the next couple of weeks. Which reminds me, I have a quick question. I'm going to order 2 6-packs of the 7-inch pads (did all those numbers throw you off there for a minute? :D). I'll get a couple cutting pads (hard GM clear on Cutty laughs at the polishing pad), maybe a couple finishing pads (though I'd rather do my LSP by hand, so I'm unsure on that point), and the rest will be polishing pads. My question is, I was thinking about ordering the 6 pack of the 4-inch 2.0 pads. Is that a good idea, or is it unnecessary? I guess I was just thinking for getting in tighter areas or whatever. Thanks for your help!

Tuck91
Jan 1st, 2010, 08:21 PM
Hoping to order mine within the next couple of weeks. Which reminds me, I have a quick question. I'm going to order 2 6-packs of the 7-inch pads (did all those numbers throw you off there for a minute? :D). I'll get a couple cutting pads (hard GM clear on Cutty laughs at the polishing pad), maybe a couple finishing pads (though I'd rather do my LSP by hand, so I'm unsure on that point), and the rest will be polishing pads. My question is, I was thinking about ordering the 6 pack of the 4-inch 2.0 pads. Is that a good idea, or is it unnecessary? I guess I was just thinking for getting in tighter areas or whatever. Thanks for your help!

The W7207 Cutting pad is not recommended for use with the D.A as they tend to haze up the paint and you may end up in a situation you cannot get yourself out of, stick to the polishing pad.

CieraSL
Jan 1st, 2010, 08:57 PM
The W7207 Cutting pad is not recommended for use with the D.A as they tend to haze up the paint and you may end up in a situation you cannot get yourself out of, stick to the polishing pad.

When we had that detailing get together in Murfreesboro, MOL member DrdetailNashville let me try M105 on a Meg's polishing pad on the PC7424 to see what it would do for the swirls on my Olds. It barely made a dent. Moved up to a Meg's cutting pad on the PC7424 using M105 and removed 90 - 95% of the swirls with really no hazing. So apparently I need a cutting pad. He used M105 with the wool pad on the rotary to remove some deeper scratches on the trunk. Again, relatively no hazing or hologramming. That's some frickin' hard clear!

roushstage2
Jan 2nd, 2010, 01:20 AM
When we had that detailing get together in Murfreesboro, MOL member DrdetailNashville let me try M105 on a Meg's polishing pad on the PC7424 to see what it would do for the swirls on my Olds. It barely made a dent. Moved up to a Meg's cutting pad on the PC7424 using M105 and removed 90 - 95% of the swirls with really no hazing. So apparently I need a cutting pad. He used M105 with the wool pad on the rotary to remove some deeper scratches on the trunk. Again, relatively no hazing or hologramming. That's some frickin' hard clear!
It may not always haze up the paint, but it can [and will] and pretty badly on some cars too.

J. A. Michaels
Jan 2nd, 2010, 04:37 AM
I only use the cutting pads with a microfiber bonnet to remove the wax.

CieraSL
Feb 22nd, 2010, 02:51 PM
Just got my v2 today! :dp:

jawad12345
Jun 19th, 2010, 07:41 AM
nice converstion...........

FRS
Jun 20th, 2010, 01:24 AM
I'd like to hear a feedback from the happy owners from this tread.

I believe they used their DA's by now and can help us who want to buy the same thing.

Is it really worth it?

fredcandetail
Jun 20th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I have purchased 2 G110V2 DAs through ADS and the first was in Novemeber 09 when they first came out and it failed about 3 months later ... called them up and shipped it out and they replaced it with a new one in March. New one worked fine up until last week and crapped out with the same POWER CORD issue. At that time I purchased a "back up" polisher and it TOO sounds abnormal ... grinding sound at start up.
We'll defiantely have to see how this one holds up.