PDA

View Full Version : NXT, full sun on bottle?

ebpcivicsi
Mar 22nd, 2004, 07:02 PM
Has anyone tried this? Now I understand the difference between being in full sun and paint temerature, but I don't think that meguiars would put that on the bottle unlees they had actually tried it first( I guess that would be part of "buba proofing" it, huh Mike? ;) ).

I don't work in full sun because I feel as though that is probably not ideal for paint, but sometimes it is unavoidable. In these times I use poorboy's products which work fine even on somking hot paint.

So my question is, A. Has anyone tried to apply NXT to warm/hot paint in direct sun? B. What is the cut off, can I apply it in full sun in Memphis(satan's armpit) in the summer time?

Mike Phillips
Mar 22nd, 2004, 07:25 PM
Hi ebpcivicsi,

Full sun mean you can apply Tech Wax in full sun, but not if the surface temperatures are too high.

Full sun on white paint will give you a larger window of opportunity than full sun on black paint. Basically, if you can put your hand on the surface without instinctively quickly pulling your hand away, then chances are you should be able to apply Tech Wax.

It's always best to apply to a cool, clean surface out of direct sunlight, but Meguiar's knows that some people don't have undercover parking, as well as some people will be applying Tech Wax to their car on location, whether that's an enthusiast at a show, or a mobile detailer at a customer’s residence.

I have applied the Tech Wax on black paint in the middle of a SoCal summer at around 1:00pm. It dried in no time, and application and removal was more difficult, but not extremely more difficult. It seem to look okay too, but... that's way too hot to expect to apply and remove this product, the surface temperature was probably around 140 degrees.

You best bet is to apply in temperature ranges from a low of 60 degrees to a high of 90 degrees for best results.

Good question however...

Mike

ebpcivicsi
Mar 22nd, 2004, 07:28 PM
Thanks Mike! Just figured that if it was on a consumer bottle it had been tested. Good to know, at least it won't weld itself to the finish! :D

4.6GT
Mar 22nd, 2004, 07:32 PM
I always felt that the wax would kind of bake on as it dried and be hard to get off. If you must wax outside look for a nice shade tree.