PDA

View Full Version : Will I notice a difference if I use the G-100

ourbail
Dec 9th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Will I notice a difference if I use the G-100 (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3990)

Hi all, I just signed up as a newbie and am wondering will I notice a difference in my cars finish if i purchase the G100 polisher, my car is a 2004 silver ford Thunderbird, was clayed at the dealership, and I waxed it with the Meguiar's NXT wax and used my 11 inch car buffer, the car sure felt ultra ultra smooth after I was finished and has a great shine.

Now I read about the Meguiar's G100 Dual Action Polisher?

Will it give me a better shine and a smoother surface? This is a Sunday, fair weather driver thats garaged and covered and has less than 600 miles. I would purchase the polisher if it would be a big improvement over my 11 inch buffer.

Thanks... :confused:

Mike Phillips
Dec 9th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Hi ourbail,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online! :wavey

Oh gosh... where do I start...

Click through and read and look at the pictures in our "Detail Days at Meguiar's" forum in the link below and you will see many, many side-by-side and before and after photos of what can be accomplished with the G100. Best of all it's faster, easier and more effective than working by hand.

Detail Days at Meguiar's (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=36)

Check out his thread,

Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2877)

Mike

gb387
Dec 9th, 2004, 06:57 PM
:welcome

You will find lots of good info here!

When I first got my PC several years ago now I was shocked to see how much better the end product looked. I did my cars by hand 2 times a year. Now its easier, faster and I finds myself waxing my vehicle more often (3-4 months) and in turn I know my paint is well cared for and protected all the time.

I would also pick up a couple ultimate bonnets to remove the wax. Make is quick, easy and believe it or not it adds just a little more to the shine.

Here is my .02 cents..... I have found the PC has more power and easier to control than a 10" or 11" buffer. I have used a couple of them and compared to the PC the 10" machine seemed to move more than the pad itself. Where the PC puts the power at the pad.

You might consider moving to a PC, they work well.

Buellwinkle
Dec 9th, 2004, 06:58 PM
I don't think you will see much difference on a silver car. I have several cars and my red and blue cars sparkle when you put in the extra effort. My two silver cars, a 2004 and a 1997 look good with just a coat of NXT Tech wax.

You'll know if you need polishing because you can see the swirls and other defects in the right light. If they get to the point where it bothers you then get the G-100 buffer and remove them.

scrub
Dec 10th, 2004, 04:59 AM
Welcome!

I was skeptical of using the PC. I thought I could get just as good results by hand. The PC when used properly will make a big difference plus save you time and energy.

I second the Ultimate Bonnet and PC for wax removal. I also thought the wax/sealant step should be done by hand. After using the PC to remove wax I found the shine to be better than removing by hand. Both NXT and Gold Class had great results using the PC.

Silver is tough to get great depth, but it can still glisten! :D

With the time and energy saved, you'll wonder why you waited so long to get the PC. I sure did!

Older Than Dirt
Dec 10th, 2004, 05:43 AM
How much instruction do I need to become confident using a G100?
Do I need to tape edges and high spots to prevent buffing through the paint?
Some of the vehicles I have detailed have tape pinstripes, will the G100 damage
them? Sorry for all the Questions, I'm just an old dog trying to learn new tricks.
Age is relative-When you're over the hill you pick up speed.

gb387
Dec 10th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Go to the page below and check out the "Power Polishing Clinic" in about the middle of the page. I found it helpful when I bought my PC.

http://www.meguiars.com/clinics/clinics_template.cfm

Mike Phillips
Dec 10th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Older Than Dirt
How much instruction do I need to become confident using a G100?

Do I need to tape edges and high spots to prevent buffing through the paint?

Some of the vehicles I have detailed have tape pinstripes, will the G100 damage them? Sorry for all the Questions, I'm just an old dog trying to learn new tricks.

Hi Older Than Dirt,

It's always a good idea to avoid buffing directly on top of high points, edges and body lines just as a common sense approach to machine polishing paint. That said, as long as your car's finish is in good shape, the gentle polishing action of the G100 is very safe and you shouldn't have any problems unless the paint is very thin in these areas, thus the the reason to adopt the practice of not polishing directly on top of them.

If you want, for an extra measure of caution, you can apply some tape over the edges.

I often buff right over pin striping with no problems. If the pin striping is in good shape and not lifting off, you shouldn't have any problems and polishing them will tend to make them look better. Any pin striping that you wouldn't polish by hand because it's flaking off, cracking off, or so thin it's almost gone shouldn't be polished by hand, or machine.

If these two can do it, so can you...

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2LittleGirlwithG100a2.jpg

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2GrandmaPolishingLikeaPro.jpg

Mike

ourbail
Dec 10th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the replys im tempted,another question is the G-100 the same as the Porter cable 73365p or 7424 it looks very similar or is there a difference,enquireing minds would like to know..............

Buellwinkle
Dec 10th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Besides the price, stickers, backing plate and lifetime warranty difference they are the same. I got the 7336 at Lowes a few weeks ago for $99.

ourbail
Dec 10th, 2004, 06:34 PM
thanks i will check it out at Lowes this weekend and will purchase the Meguiars products for all three cars that we own,would be nice if the G-100 was closer to the Lowes price but i understand why not.... still a great pc and web siite ,glad i stumble across it....

Older Than Dirt
Dec 10th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Thanks all for your replys. This looks like something I should add to my detailing
arsenal. Can this be used to polish a windshield? I detail a 70 GTO a couple
of times a year and I wish I could remove the hazing where the wipers have worn
a pattern.
Age is relative-When you're over the hill you pick up speed

Buellwinkle
Dec 10th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Once you get the buffer, the best deal is to order their set of 3, 6.5" Polishing Pads and Backing Plate, part number W-DAV99 for $32.95. A lot more if you order seperately. The two yellow pads are for polishing and the white is for waxing, you'll be set for a long, long time. Then get a quart of their DA Cleaner/Polish and their Techwax and you can make just about any car super shiny. I know some people like to use the microfiber bonet for taking the wax off but I find it quicker to just use a microfiber towel and do it by hand, Costco has 16 for under $10 and they work great. Just remember to take the labels off before using. Before you buff you'll need to clay, Meguiars has theirs for pretty cheap for under $10.

Buellwinkle
Dec 10th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Polishing glass takes something a little stronger than paint polish and I don't think Meguiars carries such a product. What you need is cerium oxide and a glass polishing pad. Just a quick search on the internet found this place, don't know anything about them but if you search for the cerium oxide you'll find plenty of place to get it from.

http://www.deltakits.com/dki-catalog/ph1.html

Originally posted by Older Than Dirt
Thanks all for your replys. This looks like something I should add to my detailing
arsenal. Can this be used to polish a windshield? I detail a 70 GTO a couple
of times a year and I wish I could remove the hazing where the wipers have worn
a pattern.

Older Than Dirt
Dec 10th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply Buellwinkle (I like the name). The link was very helpful
and I think it's worth trying if the GTO's owner will absorb the cost of the product.
"The best things in life aren't things"

ourbail
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:08 AM
thanks again where do i order the kit from

ourbail
Dec 12th, 2004, 06:08 AM
ok here goes it,purchased the PC last nite,im going to order the following ,nxt wash,clay bar,w-dav99,i have lots of micro fiber towels,but was curious about also buying a im9920,ultimate bonnet, should i pick one up. all three cars are less than 3 years old and the paints is in great shape on all of them,any suggestions before i place this order on line......

Older Than Dirt
Dec 12th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Ourbail
You might want to check out the Essentials holiday package for the G100.
It has everything you are considering including three microfiber bonnets at a
substantial savings and free shipping to boot.http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3725

ourbail
Dec 12th, 2004, 04:38 PM
thanks for the tip,if i got the above kit does the nxt wax become not needed,i thought the nxt stuf f was the wax to be buying... if you wanted the best.:confused:

Buellwinkle
Dec 12th, 2004, 06:32 PM
I think the kit ends up costing more because there maybe stuff you want that's not part of the kit and stuff you don't want. I did it seperately, got #83, the buffing pads/backing plate, NXT Tech Wax, #7 Glaze, Clay kit about $80.

Mike Phillips
Dec 13th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Besides the price, stickers, backing plate and lifetime warranty difference they are the same. I got the 7336 at Lowe's a few weeks ago for $99.

I'll be posting a forum special today that is more than competitive with the Lowe's price.

Mike

jetta18T
Dec 13th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Mike,
This is my first post and I"m a new member to the forum....just curious as to some details about the G100 because I have been researching it a little before I decided to join. I was thinking about taking advantage of the holiday offer for the G100 DACP but wasn't sure if it would be of much help to me. I drive a 2004 Jetta with Galactic (Dark) Blue paint. It's been well maintained and clayed several times so the paint is in great condition. Just wasn't sure if the G100 would be very helpful for things like applying tech wax because I probably wouldn't need to use it for polishing right away. Also, can you recommend any products you think would be helpful for the finish???

Thanks,
Jason

Mike Phillips
Dec 13th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by jetta18T
Mike,
This is my first post and I"m a new member to the forum....just curious as to some details about the G100 because I have been researching it a little before I decided to join. I was thinking about taking advantage of the holiday offer for the G100 DACP but wasn't sure if it would be of much help to me. I drive a 2004 Jetta with Galactic (Dark) Blue paint. It's been well maintained and clayed several times so the paint is in great condition. Just wasn't sure if the G100 would be very helpful for things like applying tech wax because I probably wouldn't need to use it for polishing right away. Also, can you recommend any products you think would be helpful for the finish???

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online :wavey

The G100 does and excellent job of thoroughly applying a thin, even coat of wax. This creates a very uniform appearance and makes removal by machine or hand incredibly easy!

Besides Tech Wax, a pure polish like Deep Crystal Polish (http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/product_detail.cfm?sku=A-21) really increases the gloss and beauty in your car's finish!

http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/images/product_a21.gif

Also a couple of Meguiar's Ultimate Bonnets (http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/product_detail.cfm?sku=m-99) to enable you to remove products like Tech Wax with the dual action polisher.

http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/images/product_m99.gif

Mike

ourbail
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Mike i just purchased the G100,1 bottle of #80, 3micro fiber bonnets,3 80 06 and 1 9006 pad 2 clay bar kits and 1 gallon of vinyl protetent,got a video also,our three cars are in gre at shape and are all light colored,hope fully i covered everything,i already have the nxt wax......

Mike Phillips
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by ourbail
Mike i just purchased the G100, 1 bottle of #80, 3 micro fiber bonnets,3 80 06 and 1 9006 pad 2 clay bar kits and 1 gallon of vinyl protectant,got a video also, our three cars are in great shape and are all light colored,hope fully i covered everything, i already have the NXT wax......

Hi ourbail,

I've never met anyone who regretted purchasing a dual action polisher. You will love the results and how the machine takes all the work out of applying and removing products.

Because you don't want to mix different product onto the same pad, or in other words, it's a good idea to dedicate your pads, that is to only use one product on each pad, most people find they need a few extra pads as they get into the machine polishing world. For this reason, the Set of 3 pads - WDAV99-B (http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/product_detail.cfm?sku=WDA) kit is very popular. You may be able to change your order or add this on.

http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/images/product_wda.gif

$24.95

Other than that, looks good!

Enjoy!

Mike

Mondego
Dec 13th, 2004, 04:47 PM
wow hot!

this thread answered all my questions. i think i'm gonna buy one.

i own a 1995 silver color car and i can't get certain marks off by meguiars hand products. i hope this can do it (from what i read here it will)

is christmas the only time specials are offered. it's cold up here and i won't be bringing my car out until maybe April. i'd rather not stock up on supplies i have no room for, but i want the G-100 essentials collection too. do you run specials throughout the year?

Lynn Matthews
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Mondego
wow hot!

this thread answered all my questions. i think I'm gonna buy one.

i own a 1995 silver color car and i can't get certain marks off by Meguiars hand products. i hope this can do it (from what i read here it will)

is Christmas the only time specials are offered. it's cold up here and i won't be bringing my car out until maybe April. I'd rather not stock up on supplies i have no room for, but i want the G-100 essentials collection too. do you run specials throughout the year?

:welcome to Meguiar's Online! We are glad to have you as a member...

We do run specials periodically but it is hard to say what they will be. If you really want these specials it would be better to take advantage of the offers before they end on Dec. 31st.

ourbail
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:26 PM
:db: Mike,George (great service over the phone) included 3 8006 pads and 1 9006 pad,after discussion my cars needs and paint condition he recommend that wash,clay, # 80 was all i needed then follow with 2x nxt wax and did not warrant the dcpc or dcsp or the scratch x.do you think i need more than pads ,im getting 4 total, cant wait to work on all three cars.

Mike Phillips
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:29 PM
With the one Lowe's offers, you don't get a Velcro backing plate, a quality foam pad, or the lifetime warranty. Meguiar's Lifetime Warranty on this unit makes is a great value at at a great price.

Plus unlike Lowe's, we support our customers with our 1-800 347-5700 Customer Care Hotline and even this discussion forum where you can post questions, offer you suggestions and share your passion with like minded friends, something Lowe's and other discount stores don't offer.

Meguiar's has always focused on education, as in teaching people how to evaluate their surface, how to choose the right product for the job and how to use good technique.

If you live in the Southern California area, you even get hands-on training and education, something Costco and Lowe's don't offer. We even supply a very nice pizza lunch with cold soda pop and water and supply some free samples for you to test out!

Mike

wblynch
Dec 14th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Those detail clinics that Meguiar's sponsors are a wonderful offering. I learned things there that I never knew in 37 years of washing and waxing cars.

I truly appreciate the chance to learn from friendly and knowledgeable people.

While I missed out on the Christmas special for the G-100 and
ended up buying a similar machine elsewhere, I did purchase over $250 worth of Meguiar's products in the three weeks since I attended the clinic.

This past weekend I polished my 4th car since attending the clinic and the Meguiar's products have my cars looking better than ever.

In my case my new car was delivered with horrendous scratches and swirls from the dealership improperly washing the car down for delivery. Although a coat or two of wax temporarily hid the damage there was only one way to get it out.

I used the 'G-100' with an 8006 polishing pad and #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish but it was evident that that alone wasn't going to get it done.

I had to break out the rotary polisher and very carefully used #83 and #2 Fine Cut polish to get the major scratches out.

Then, back to the G-100 and #83 again. I followed that up with #80 Speed Glaze on another 8006 pad. After that I used #7 Show Car Glaze applied with the G-100 and wiped each stage off with the Ultimate Wipe micro fiber cloths.

Next came a coat of NXT Tech Wax, again applied with the G-100 and the 9006 Foam Pad. I didn't use the Ultimate Bonnet but wiped it off by hand because after 12 hours of machine polishing I was ready for some "manual" labor.

The final results are stunning and this finally looks like the car I expected when I ordered it.

So my answer to the original poster is, YES, the G-100 will make a huge difference in the care of your car's finish.

It is a very versatile machine and you would not regret getting one.

I hope everyone can take advantage of the Crhistmas Special.

Thanks Meguiar's.

-Bill

Mike Phillips
Dec 14th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Hi Bill,

Thanks for chiming in and sharing your experience with the polisher and especially how you were able to create the type of finish you desired on your car and actually should have received at the time of purchase. Your story is a common one and just goes to show that often times if you want a show car finish, you have to take matters into your own hands. With the exception of handful of Professional detailers and detail shops, nobody has more of a vested interest in their car's finish over the owner.

Nice write-up.

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Mike

ourbail
Dec 14th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Thanks Mike for the tip,i called back today and ordered 2 more 9006 and i more8006,for a grand total of 7 pads,should hold me over for a while also got a gallon of the quick dealer,the proffesional stuff,total of 300.00 spent,but im looking forward to giving and keeping our 3 cars in A1 show quality condition,cant wait for the stuff to arrive,thanks for steering me in the right direction,it sure is a big service that you and meguiars offer,thanks again ,will post some sweet pictures of our cars when i am finished... :bow :bow :bow

jetta18T
Dec 14th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Mike,
Just a quick question....I was curious if there are any kind of abrasives in the step 2 deep crystal polish. Is there any possibility of damaging the finish if applied incorrectly? Is the G100 more likely to cause any kind of damage or swirls? What's usually a good sign that the car needs polishing? Is the 3 step Deep Crystal system necessary?

Thanks,
Jason

Mike Phillips
Dec 14th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Mike,
Just a quick question....I was curious if there are any kind of abrasives in the step 2 deep crystal polish. Is there any possibility of damaging the finish if applied incorrectly? Is the G100 more likely to cause any kind of damage or swirls? What's usually a good sign that the car needs polishing? Is the 3 step Deep Crystal system necessary?

Thanks,
Jason

Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish is completely non-abrasive. It's sole purpose is to create brilliant high gloss. As long as you are applying this pure polish by hand, or with either the W-8006 polishing pad, or the W-9006 finishing pad, you will not instill any swirls or any other type of damage.

A good sign that a finish needs polishing is when it begins to loose its vibrancy, depth of shine, clarity, gloss and slickness. Sometimes, you cannot tell if a finish needs this until you do a polish a test area and compare it to the original paint in its original, pre-polished condition.

Good questions.

Mike

Tim Lingor
Dec 15th, 2004, 05:45 AM
Hi Mike,

Strange, I remember seeing that response as well..:confused: :confused:

As for using the G100, you will love what it will do for your paint!!! :xyxthumbs

Tim

jetta18T
Dec 15th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Thanks Tim and Mike....
I appreciate the input and I will be ordering it soon before the special ends at the end of december...the only question is what to order along with it. I'm planning on ordering the ultimate bonnet and the pack of 3 pads. However, just a little unclear as of what would be best out of all of the professional products. The numbers get a little confusing at times and I don't think I need anything strong to get rid of any huge swirls as of now. Except my brother's car could use something for his swirl marks so I just may consider adding something to the order to take care of it. Perhaps #9?? The 80, 81 and 83 seem to be pretty popular as well. My only concern is that I don't want to damage the clear coat at all. Thanks again.

-Jason

jetta18T
Dec 15th, 2004, 09:59 AM
And by the way he has a black VW golf....so I know it's not going to be easy :D

Mike Phillips
Dec 15th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Thanks Tim and Mike....

I appreciate the input and I will be ordering it soon before the special ends at the end of december...the only question is what to order along with it.

-Jason

Hi Jason,

I would recommend the #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 for your lightest polishing work, and the #80 Speed Glaze for a clean/polish with just a little more cleaning ability while still being very, very very safe.

The #9 is available in 16 ounce bottles, or one-gallon jugs. The #80 Speed Glaze is available in 32 ounce bottles or one gallon jugs. If you think you would like more than a 16 ounce bottle of the #9 Swirl Remover 2.0, then you could opt for swapping the #82 Swirl Free Polish as it is available in a 32 ounce bottle like the #80 Speed Glaze.

The #82 Swirl Free Polish is offers only a sleight amount more cleaning power than the #9 Swirl Remover 2.0, most people cannot tell the difference.

#9 Swirl Remover 2.0 (http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/product_detail.cfm?parentURL=index_pro.cfm&sku=M-09)
#80 Speed Glaze (http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/product_detail.cfm?parentURL=index_pro.cfm&sku=M-80)
#82 Swirl Free Polish (http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/product_detail.cfm?sku=M-82)

http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/images/product_m09.gifhttp://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/images/product_m80.gifhttp://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/images/product_m82.gif

Mike

jetta18T
Dec 15th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Ok thanks Mike I think I'll have to consider that...Just wish I was able to get to a clinic so I wouldn't have to ask so many questions except living in PA certainly doesn't help haha.....

Mike Phillips
Dec 15th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Ok thanks Mike I think I'll have to consider that...Just wish I was able to get to a clinic so I wouldn't have to ask so many questions except living in PA certainly doesn't help haha.....

We're working on this.

Mike

jetta18T
Dec 15th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Ok just one quick question before I make the big purchase....is there any possibility to damage or create swirl marks in the paint with the G-100 when used with wax? Just wanted to firm that up before I made the purchase.

jetta18T
Dec 15th, 2004, 11:06 AM
As for above, what I'm trying to say is what kind of special training do I need before using this? Would the video suffice?

Mike Phillips
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Ok just one quick question before I make the big purchase....is there any possibility to damage or create swirl marks in the paint with the G-100 when used with wax? Just wanted to firm that up before I made the purchase.

Hi jetta18T,

As long as your car's finish is clean and free of any loose contaminants, and your foam polishing pad is clean and free from any loose contaminants, then applying wax with our G100 Dual Action Polisher will instill not swirls, scratches or damage.

Mike

Mike Phillips
Dec 15th, 2004, 03:15 PM
As for above, what I'm trying to say is what kind of special training do I need before using this? Would the video suffice?

The "Power Polishing" video will suffice, also you might want to order the "How to remove paint defects" (http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/product_detail.cfm?sku=PES-VIDEO) as it touches on using the G-100 as well as many other topics that address paint polishing.

Mike

ourbail
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Mike while im waiting for the G 100 can you tell me or link to the correct polish pattern to use with the PC. up down L to R ,etc.

jetta18T
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:42 PM
OK thanks so much for the info and updates Mike, I really appreciate you being as patient as you are. You've been a huge source of info and extremely helpful in answering every single one of my questions. It is very much appreciated. :bow Thanks.

Mike Phillips
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Hi ourbail,

When using the G100 Dual Action Polisher to remove defects, (This is different then merely applying a polish or a wax because you're trying to remove paint), you need to use a slow arm speed and overlap you passes by 50%. You also want to go in at least two different directions, for example, from where you're standing, side to side, then front to back. You can also move the polisher in a kitty/corner fashion for complete, thorough and uniform cleaning action.

Only work a small area at a time, this will vary according to the shape, curve or body line of the panel you are polishing but for example on a large flat panel, you want to stay around a 12" to 18" squared area. The point being, don't try to work to large of an area all at once or you won't remove the defects equally everywhere.

When you move on to a new section, overlap into the old section for a uniform end results.

When it comes time for applying a pure polish, or a wax, (besides cleaner/waxes like ColorX if you're doing a one-step), the you can polish larger areas and spend less time, i.e. use less passes.

The point of the cleaning step is to remove the defects. Because the G100's polishing action is gentle and therefore safe, it takes time to remove small particles of paint in an effort to remove a defect.

If the below image represents swirls and scratches evenly distributed throughout your car's finish,

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2swirlsinpaint.JPG

Then you can see that in order to remove the defects you need to remove the highest areas of the surface until they are level with the lowest depths of the deepest scratches. In essence, you must remove paint.

Hope this helps...

Mike

ourbail
Dec 16th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Thank you Mike for the reply, I'm always leaning something on every answer and thread I read, cant wait for the toys to arrive.... :D

Tim Lingor
Dec 16th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Hey,

Using a G-100 is VERY easy!!! And the results are incredible!!! :xyxthumbs

Tim

jetta18T
Dec 16th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Yes I can't wait to order it and try the new toys out...I thought the NXT applied by hand was amazing but from what I hear I'm expecting even better results. Even considering trying the clay, then Deep Crystal Polish or #9, then 2 coats of NXT on my girlfriend's car too... Thanks you guys have great advice

sneek
Aug 12th, 2005, 08:46 AM
is it really that much better than by hand my 300zx was recently repainted and i get amazing results with nxt paste wax like mirror finnish but since i am broke (im 16 and i have 2 cars) is it really worth it for me to but the g100 also where can i buy the g100 and how much in canadian ??? :p sry new at using a polisher
all that i know is the meguiars rocks and the g100 will give me better results that my cordless 4" simoniz polisher

thanks in advance

mv69jon
Mar 5th, 2006, 05:23 AM
you will not see a differance in the finish on the particular car you are speeking of. but would have and will notice a huge differance in ease of use and versatility using the "g100 d/a)

kellyinkc
Mar 5th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Oh Yeah!! Noticed a difference right away. Only have use it here and there on the car. Can't wait to do the whole car. Come on spring!!

Kelly

farmboy
May 14th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Just bought a PC at Lowe's today. Under 120 after tax, but I have to buy pads, bonnets and a backing plate. Going to use it on a black 01 Stratus sedan and a 04 grey Ram. I will try using the DC 3-step since that is what I have on hand.

Mike Phillips
Oct 13th, 2006, 07:53 AM
bump