PDA

View Full Version : Mike, have you ever used the G-104 cordless orbital?

Mosca
Dec 10th, 2004, 05:49 AM
I understand that it won't ever be a "paint correction" machine. Is it acceptable for applying and removing glazes andd LSPs?

Thinking about one.

Tom

Mike Phillips
Dec 10th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Hi Tom,

Meguiar's Cordless Polisher works well for applying polishes and LSP's to finishes already in excellent condition. It doesn't have the power to remove defects as you mention.

The trick to using the Cordless Polisher is to always insure your batteries are charged up. It comes with two rechargeable batteries and a charging station. It's also important to read the charging instructions when you first receive the polisher to insure proper performance and longevity from the batteries.

My father-in-law loves his for applying wax to his 40' Delmar Motorhome with a clear coat finish because liked the plug in model, (G-100), it takes all of the work out of applying product and as a bonus he doesn't have any cords getting in his way.

For a person such as yourself, you might really like the cordless polisher for applying products to your cars because you maintain them frequently and thus they're always in excellent condition.

I have one, and I have used it in the past on both our Pilot and our Blazer, but I tend to reach for the corded model because I like the extra power.

I have to wash and wax the Pilot today, I'll use to apply some NXT Tech Wax and give a fresh review.

Mike

Mosca
Dec 10th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Cool, thanks Mike!

Tom

Mike Phillips
Dec 10th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Mosca
Cool, thanks Mike!

Tom

Hi Tom,

I washed the Pilot today and when I went to apply wax with the Cordless Polisher, I discovered my batteries needed to be charged. I'm charging them now and will use it Sunday to wax the Blazer.

Mike

Tim Lingor
Dec 10th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Hey Tom,

Like Mike, I too like my cordless polisher. It does not have the power of a PC, but it will apply and remove waxes/sealants with no problem! I really like taking it with if I am on a road trip! :)

Plus the bag it comes in is really cool as well!!!

Tim

robla103
Dec 11th, 2004, 07:19 AM
When I received my cordless orbital it had no instructions at all. It only came with two batteries, bag, charger, and the buffer. No instructions at all. I was curious as to what do they really say to do or if I can get a copy of them some how? Thanks.

Lynn Matthews
Dec 11th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by robla103
When I received my cordless orbital it had no instructions at all. It only came with two batteries, bag, charger, and the buffer. No instructions at all. I was curious as to what do they really say to do or if I can get a copy of them some how? Thanks.

We would be happy to get copy out to you if you could send a PM to Tom MacDonald with your request and address.

Here's the link: Tom MacDonald (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=128)

Mosca
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:27 PM
originally posted by Mike Phillips

Hi Tom,

The trick to using the Cordless Polisher is to always insure your batteries are charged up....

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Hi Tom,

[W]hen I went to apply wax with the Cordless Polisher, I discovered my batteries needed to be charged....

Mike

:D :D :D