PDA

View Full Version : right order? let me know

rextotherex
Mar 2nd, 2010, 10:10 PM
hey guys, so im ordering products online right now and want to know if its everything i need in terms of liquids, dont need towels or anything as i already have it.

car is a 2007 subaru wrx urban grey metallic with 25k miles, was only detailed once by me and i had no idea what i was doing but i got good results.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t55/rextotherex/l_11d4ccc74d1141fab3e8f797633b7de3.jpg

6 or so months later its not as shiny anymore, id like to do it all by hand and these were the products i use, so i might just go with them again.

im looking to do a COMPLETE off the shelf detail.

clay kit
ultimate compound
swirlx

deep crystal system polish

and then nxt 2.0 paste

now my question is,

is the deep crystal cleaner needed as well before i use deep crystal polish?

out of opinion, is colorx slightly more affective? it has a higher price tag =)

is swirlx more abrasive than scratchx 2.0?

i just wanna go over the entire car so i can start off with a clean slate

Clutch34
Mar 3rd, 2010, 01:23 AM
As the saying goes, "use the least abrasive method first"! Hence, try using SwirlX before you move up to Ultimate Compound. If SwirlX does it for ya, no need for UC! The Deep Crystal Polish is not necessary, but will help with some extra "pop" when it's all said and done. Since you're already using SwirlX and/or Ultimate Compound, you have no need for Deep Crystal Cleaner. When it comes to removing swirls, Ultimate Compound is definitely the strongest cleaner, then ScratchX 2.0, then SwirlX -- I don't quite remember if ColorX is stronger then SwirlX or not...

Hope this helps a bit! :) I'm sure others will chime in as well, good luck! And post pics when you're done!

Murr1525
Mar 3rd, 2010, 01:50 AM
out of opinion, is colorx slightly more affective? it has a higher price tag =)

is swirlx more abrasive than scratchx 2.0?

SwirlX will be stronger than ColorX, but they are different products. ColorX is a cleaner/wax, and is a great product for doing a 'quick' detail:

Wash
ColorX
Nxt

Turns out great when you dont have lots of time. And it is nice to use something like Ultimate Quick Wax after future washes.

ScratchX 2.0 is between SiwrlX and UC.

Shawn T.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 03:07 AM
Do not go to UC before you have to. If Swirlx gets the job done then use that. Do not use cotton applicators, use soft foam applicators as they will not inflict scracthes. I learned this the other day.

The polish is not necessary but helps to feed the paint and give it extra clarity. Colorx is a strong cleaner wax that is a great product.

Good luck!

searle
Mar 3rd, 2010, 01:54 PM
^ +1 on all the above comments.

Since you have DC1, that may be enough as a paintCleaner after your full-detail preparation wash+clay (assuming you dont have any swirls or defects needing removal, else only then use SwirlX or ScratchX2 or UC). After painCleaning, then DC2 then NXT2 (2 coats).

DC1 cleaner is discontinued in US, if you cannot get it in future you can use SwirlX for paintCleaning (it is VERY mild).

As was suggested above, you typically dont need to do a full-detail (clay+cleaner+glaze) very often. You can wash+sprayWax weekly, maybe monthlhy top-up wax with another NXT2 coat. Maybe every 1-3 months you may want to do a mini-detail (wash+ColorX+NXT2). The ColorX has All-In-One cleaner (stronger than DC1) plus glaze (like DC2) plus wax, and then you just use NXT2 as your 2nd coat of wax (always do 2 coats).

Make sense? Have fun and let us know how it works for you.

ClearlyCoated
Mar 3rd, 2010, 02:01 PM
SwirlX is a cleaner polish that is stronger and (IMO) better to use than DCC, and following up with DCP might only provide minmal benefit, it's really your call.

But definitely seal your polishing with NXT 2.0 (2 thin coats). Some people like to top that off with a carnauba wax like M16 or Gold Class, again your call.

rextotherex
Mar 3rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
thanks for all the info guys!

i was actually comparing colorx to deep crystal polish, sorry if i confused u guys! deep cystal polish is 7.99 whereas colorx is 9.99, but deep crystal polish says it works good on dark color cars,i think my car is considered dark?

i need to use UC for one spot where i got a little bumper rash from another bumper and scratchx2.0 is not taking it off.

other than that looks like im on the right track!

searle
Mar 3rd, 2010, 03:39 PM
...I was actually comparing colorx to deep crystal polish, sorry if i confused u guys! deep cystal polish is 7.99 whereas colorx is 9.99, but deep crystal polish says it works good on dark color cars,i think my car is considered dark?...

Sort of Apples-and-Oranges. DC2 polish is oils to nuture the paint and give you more of the wet-look depth. It requires that your paint has first been nicely cleaned (wont really pass through wax, etc) and then MUST be topped with a wax (glaze/polish will otherwise wash off with first wash/rain).

ColorX is All-In-One, cleaner (like DC1 or SwirlX) plus polish (like DC2 or M07 showcar glaze) plus wax (like DC3 or #26 carnuba), although you can top it with 2nd coat of NXT2 (many folks do).

Any polish will help bring the sparkle out in your metalic paint, either standalone DC2 or the polish inside SwirlX or ColorX etc).

rextotherex
Mar 3rd, 2010, 04:48 PM
gotcha, ill just go with the deep crystal then!

one last question i promise lol, so ive dug around and been reading many debates about m20 and m21.

i know sealants last longer but dont give as good of a shine as carnuba wax, thats fine i just want to protect the paint.

out of m20 and m21 sealants, which exactly lasts the LONGEST, i can always top it off with a carnuba wax every month or so keep the shine, i just want a really good protectant

searle
Mar 3rd, 2010, 05:22 PM
NXT2 is the consumer hand-optimized version of M21 professional machine-optimized polymer sealant. Meguiars says they (NXT2/M21) have the best protection of all their products. But I think the difference between M20 and M21 would tiny.

Also, there is a slight difference between best protection (including UV protection, etc) vs water beading vs water shedding vs visible gloss vs wet-look depth, etc, which makes any straight comparison difficult. Also, they have slightly different visible "looks". Just go with what looks best to you and you will be happy.

Dont sweat the tiny details.

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 12:19 AM
wow who would have known it would be so complicated lol! i just need the longest lasting uv protection i suppose since my car is outside alot since my garage is packed.

i guess ill just go with nxt paste since its off the counter, im sure it should last a month or so. if not please chime in i dont have a problem getting m20 or m21 is it has slightly longer uv protection.

someone on this forum said you can get 6 months of protection, i highly doubt it, if it was 3 months that would be magical,

i typically want to detail the beginning of every season, but as i do more n more research it looks like ppl wax every month.

so if i were to follow the 5 step program, i do that every 6 months like it says. and then every week i would wash the car, and then every month i would use deep crystal and then another coat of nxt or should i use swirlx as well.

Murr1525
Mar 4th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Just to mess you up more... #21 is a synthetic product, #20 is a carnuba/synthetic blend, with mild cleaning ability.

Murr1525
Mar 4th, 2010, 12:44 AM
I think you'll find that in most cases, using Nxt 2.0 or #21 2.0 (with prep), then washing weekly/bi-weekly, and using something like Ultimate Quick Wax after each wash will get you past a month easily.

When it is time to re-wax, how much you want to do is up to you. I usually do ColorX + Wax when not doing a full detail. Some people will just wax. Some will polish and wax. Bit of a personal decision really, and how dirty you feel the paint might be. My car is a daily driver, parked outside, so I go with some cleaning ability in ColorX.

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 12:51 AM
most definately, my car is not a garage queen! it sees the light of day and the darkest nights maybe 300 out of 365 days a year when i steal the parkng space in my garage!

well after tons and tons of research and opinions, it seems you cant go wrong with nxt 2.0 paste, even alot of forums recomend you cant go wrong with it, especially for the price.

and murr ill take your word for it, ill use colorx every month and deep crystal polish only when i claybar the car and use swirlx every 6 months. thanks a bunch guys ill be makin an order

i think ill try 21 sometime down the road, but as of now theres not really much proven evidence it lasts longer, and also i read alot of statements that they are the same product.

in the end, my theory is basiclly just like painting.

you can use the crappiest paint, but you can get an even crappier paint job if you do crappy prep work. i paint alot of rims, including myself and i learned the hard way =/

Murr1525
Mar 4th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Yeah, get a few products together and have fun.... You may refine your process in a few months, or next year, but just have to get a few things and get the feel for it.

What are your mufflers/exhaust like? I always enjoy polishing mine.... And of course the wheels, tires, glass, interior, trim...;) Dont forget some applicators.

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 01:07 AM
as much as i miss a shiny big exhaust tip, it sent me to the smog station =/ so i run a stealth black exhaust that looks stock, but doesnt sound stock.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t55/rextotherex/IMG_9678.jpg

if you can see it, its on the bottom left, hard to see just the way i like it!

as for wheels not sure what to use, do you normally wax the wheels as well? sounds tedious LOL but if it protects my white rims from brake dust im all for it.

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 02:14 AM
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t55/rextotherex/IMG_9678.jpg

i actually painted this cobb exhaust black, i used to have a melon shooter but it got me a smog station ticket =/

other than that i like it black, super stealth, but it doesnt sound very stealthy lol.

for interior i just use whatever i have, is there a special product that ppl use for dash? i only clean my dash and door cards i sold my leather seats for nice brides.

and for window i just use invisible glass but i read this d21 stuff works magic. i always have a streaky front window i cant get rid of it.

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 02:27 AM
ok i hate to do this but i just confused myself,

so every month people re-wax their car correct?

does deep crystal polish remove the old wax and dirt before i apply a new coat of wax? or is it okay to layer it like that

does colorx remove the dirt and old wax? or is it the same as how i stated it above.

reason im asking is because, isnt it bad if i were to re-wax my car and old wax and dirt might still be in there, hence the reason why people use cleaner wax instead? but then it gets confusing, so many products would it be

deep crystal polish/colorx to remove dirt> cleaner wax to remove old wax and more dirt>nxt to top it all off?

sorry if im making this harder than it seems, maybe you guys can just tell me your basic scheduel for cleaning your exterior paint and ill just go from there because obviously you guys know what your doing so i cant go wrong lol

speed3blackmica
Mar 4th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Rex. You are deffinitly confusing yourself. But don't worry, we'll help. Just keep it simple and u will understand..the wax on your paint doesn't really get "old". It just wears away over time. You don't need to wax every month. If your using a product like NXT 2.0 the wax will last a few months so long as weather conditions are good in your area and your not driving in very salty roads. There is the "squeek" test which you can look up on here which will determine if wax is still present on your car. Yes you can layer wax. For example, you can use colorX, then top it off with NXT. People do it all the time. Now don't confuse yourself, the steps are quite easy. Just give yourself a good wash with the 2 bucket method. Then clay. Then clean the paint with a product like swirlx or ultimate compound, whatever works best on your paint, then polish and/or wax. The polishing step is optional it will only add a bit more gloss. Which I forgot to say, deep crystal polish is a pure polish. It is designed to only nurious the paint and provide gloss. It won't strip wax off. Deep crystal "paint cleaner" will take off wax and other products like APC 20:1., isopropyl alcohol, Chemicals basically. Murr is really good at finding links to threads on how to do these things so I'm sure he'll be doing that if he hasn't already(I'm on the phone so I haven't checked). Oh and your streaking problem on the windows, are you applying the glass cleaner straight to the window then working it in ? If so, that would be your problem. The trick is to apply a small amount to your microfiber towel(folded 4 ways) and then buff the glass clean, flip the towel over to a dry side and give it a final buff. No streaks !

searle
Mar 4th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I think you understand the full-detail (wash +clay +cleaner +glaze/polish +wax/sealant), and I do it spring and fall like you are planning. You also understand the weekly wash (to remove grime) although you did not mention the spray-wax that you should lightly/quiclkly do after every wash+dry to top-up the existing wax (and this will ensure you can go 1-3 months withou needing a re-wax).

NXT2 (or #21) will give several months of protection, but as it slowly wears down the sparkle diminishes (but protection is still there). That is why folks often re-wax every month or so, to bring the sparkle back to maximum. A good wash will removed 95%plus of the dirt, so a re-wax is fine without required cleaning. After 2-3 months you may want to do the ColorX mini-detail to remove any small amount of dirt. My process is re-wax every month, but if I have nothing else to do on a nice Satureday morning I will do a mini-detail (ColorX+NXT) or maybe even a full-detail - just because I enjoy it (NOT because it is needed).

So keep it simple and dont overthink it.
- full-detail in spring and fall
- weekly wash and spray-wax
- re-wax or mini-detail every 1-3 months as time and weather permits.

PS: Many (most) customers just "wax" with NXT2 sealant for its highly reflective shine and gloss. I dont want to confuse you, but several of the "detailing-addicts" here follow every NXT2 with a final coat of pure carnuba (#26 or DC3) because we think that combination slightly adds depth to dark or red cars. I am unsure if you would see any perceptable difference on your silver car, so likely just stick with NXT2.

PPS: Throughout the whole process, the most important thing is clean tools (no grit) to avoid inducing swirls - which becomes more important the more often you re-wash and/or re-detail.

Murr1525
Mar 4th, 2010, 12:12 PM
For light cleaning/dusting of the interior, Quick Interior Detailer works good. Then I use the Supreme Shine Protectant, which is a bit glossier. The Ultimate Protectant and Natural Shine will be a bit lower gloss.

Some people wax their wheels, I dont. I just use a good wheel cleaner and it ends up pretty easy to clean.

Nxt Glass Cleaner is good, and the Detailer Line one is good too.

Murr1525
Mar 4th, 2010, 12:23 PM
so every month people re-wax their car correct?

Not really, I find the products last logner than that, with UQW after each wash. But in some environments, it could wear off quickly. I just do it when needed, no set schedule.

Once you get the car detailed well, you'll see how the water and soap ,etc responds on your next washing, how it sheets off the car, etc. And how easy a quick detailer or spray wax applies after. Then eventually you will notice that flow and sheeting going away, and the products being a bit tougher to apply.

does deep crystal polish remove the old wax and dirt before i apply a new coat of wax? or is it okay to layer it like that

Well, it may remove the wax, just because of rubbing something around on the paint. But it wont be a good cleaning.

does colorx remove the dirt and old wax? or is it the same as how i stated it above.

Yes, it is designed to clean the paint properly, and leave a coat of wax behind.

reason im asking is because, isnt it bad if i were to re-wax my car and old wax and dirt might still be in there, hence the reason why people use cleaner wax instead? but then it gets confusing, so many products would it be

deep crystal polish/colorx to remove dirt> cleaner wax to remove old wax and more dirt>nxt to top it all off?

As was mentioned, wax wears off, and if the old wax is strong enough to stick around, great. I worry more about the dirt, and it is a bit of a judgement call. I assume I need the cleaning, so either a full detail, or ColorX (ColorX is a cleaner/wax) + Nxt, and thats what I do.

Murr1525
Mar 4th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Murr is really good at finding links to threads on how to do these things so I'm sure he'll be doing that if he hasn't already(I'm on the phone so I haven't checked).

I dunno about that.... but Al's Daily Driver thread might be around here somewhere...

Your Daily Driver: A Simple Wash & Wax Regimen (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29505)

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 02:58 PM
such a relief! you guys explained everything down to a tee! sorry for the double post btw i wasnt sure if it was posted or not

looks like im on the right track, i used the liquid nxt last time i think the paste should last alot longer =) ill post results as soon as i get back, im currently in atlanta for work i should be back in tracy in 3 weeks.

my car is probably filthy by now so i cant wait to bring back that sparkle, also it hailed from what i heard so i definately want to use ultimate compound to clean it up.

Murr1525
Mar 4th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Liquid and paste should last about the same, as long as they are both the 2.0 products.

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 05:53 PM
u think so? hmm it just doesnt make sense, the paste has to offer something over liquid?

also what ive noticed... if i go into the professional line, you can get things in bulk for much cheaper!

example, car wash is cheaper in a 1 gallon, for the hyper car wash. you get ALOT for 28 dollars considering one ounce is for 5 gallons of water.

quick detail is 10 dollars per 16 ounce in consumer line. you can buy last touch in a 1 gallon for like 20 dollars, super cheap!

same thing for the window cleaner and the extreme wheel cleaner, and maybe more, im not too sure exactly how each of the pro line is.

as for now ill def stick with the consumer UC, swirlx, deep crystal polish, nxt 2.0.

Murr1525
Mar 4th, 2010, 07:00 PM
u think so? hmm it just doesnt make sense, the paste has to offer something over liquid?

Just personal preference. Same wax, with different amounts of solvents, which evaporate away, at least as far as Meguiars products go. Generally most people will apply more with the liquid, so the bottle wont last as long. But you cant rub dirt into the bottle, the way you could with a dirty applicator and paste. The paste may dry quicker in damp conditions.

also what ive noticed... if i go into the professional line, you can get things in bulk for much cheaper!

example, car wash is cheaper in a 1 gallon, for the hyper car wash. you get ALOT for 28 dollars considering one ounce is for 5 gallons of water.

quick detail is 10 dollars per 16 ounce in consumer line. you can buy last touch in a 1 gallon for like 20 dollars, super cheap!

same thing for the window cleaner and the extreme wheel cleaner, and maybe more, im not too sure exactly how each of the pro line is.

as for now ill def stick with the consumer UC, swirlx, deep crystal polish, nxt 2.0.

Most of us have a bit of everything. Consumer, Detailer, Professional, I have a few furniture products.... Looking for a reason to get some Marine and Motorcycle products...

The Wheel Brightener is pretty strong stuff, so I would have to recomend the Aluminum Wheel Wash for most cases.

But the other stuff is certainly up to you. Working by hand would generally want SwirlX as the mild cleaner, but you can try #7 for the pure polish, or #21 2.0 for the wax, etc. The Glass Cleaner is great, lots of soaps to try though Gold Class is pretty top of the line (esp if on sale), APC/APC+ is a must have.... Yeah, other QD options, trim detailers.... Just have to mix and match as time goes on to best suit your needs.

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 07:17 PM
excuse my stupidity, but what exactly is apc used for? thats the all purpose cleaner right?

Murr1525
Mar 4th, 2010, 07:27 PM
excuse my stupidity, but what exactly is apc used for? thats the all purpose cleaner right?

Well, its not that stupid.... :nervous1

Its actually used for just about everything.... tires, wheelwells, plastic, vinyl, carpets, leather, headliner, suitaces, shoes, garden statues/furniture, counter tops, Rubbermaid sheds, vinyl fencing, hard floors, pet stains.... I am sure I have used it for a few other things...

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 07:43 PM
o wow,ill look into that as well!

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 08:09 PM
ok so this is what i have so far in my cart at ADS, free shipping over 150 as well.

red grit gaurd x 2
1 gallon of d110 hyper wash, i like how concentrated it is so maybe ill just use 2:5 instead of 1:5
hi-tec magna sponge
1 gallon of 135 synthetic SD
1 gallon of m07
1 gallon of m21
black wow for my outside trims
foam app pads x 6
ultimate quick wax for touch ups
1 gallon d140 wheel cleaner
1 gallon d120 glass cleaner

so far its at 250 dollars yikes!

for some reason ADS doesnt carry swirlx or ultimate compound or colorx,

what is their substitute in the professional line that can be put on by hand? also let me know if i made a mistake in my buying list

speed3blackmica
Mar 4th, 2010, 08:18 PM
ok so this is what i have so far in my cart at ADS, free shipping over 150 as well.

red grit gaurd x 2
1 gallon of d110 hyper wash, i like how concentrated it is so maybe ill just use 2:5 instead of 1:5
hi-tec magna sponge
1 gallon of 135 synthetic SD
1 gallon of m07
1 gallon of m21
black wow for my outside trims
foam app pads x 6
1 gallon d140 wheel cleaner

so far its at 250 dollars yikes!

for some reason ADS doesnt carry swirlx or ultimate compound or colorx,

what is their substitute in the professional line that can be put on by hand? also let me know if i made a mistake in my buying list

rex are you sure ADS doesnt have swirlx, UC, or color x ? i know ADS has it, or did you just mean that it was out of stock ? its under the meguiars gold class collection. oh and dont use 2 ounces of hyper wash with 5 gallons of water..use 1 ounce of hyper wash..trust me. that stuff is super concentrated..one ounce is all you need and what is recommend

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 08:36 PM
well what if i have a foam gun? the thing i hate about it is its hard to find a good sudsy soap to make it sudsy enough hence why i wanted to use hyper carwash to get slightly more suds. can i hurt something if it uses too much?

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 08:54 PM
ok so i added UC and swirlx, decided to pass on the m07 1 gallon and just got a 16oz considering i would only need to claynar, polish, and use uc swirlx twice a year i thought id be wasting money geting a gallon sized.

other than that does everything look good? i have full interior cleaning supplies already and i still have some black magic tire shine, but if you can tell me theres a tire shine thats even wetter let me know =) im at 240 dollars im sure 20 more for a gallon of wheel cleaner wont hurt, just not sure what kind lol.

also what do u guys think of black wow? i read up on autopia its pretty good

speed3blackmica
Mar 4th, 2010, 08:55 PM
well what if i have a foam gun? the thing i hate about it is its hard to find a good sudsy soap to make it sudsy enough hence why i wanted to use hyper carwash to get slightly more suds. can i hurt something if it uses too much?

too much soap can make it hard to rinse off..you might get lots of soap streaks on the paint. possibly even strip the wax off the car. Meguiars Super Soap is the highest foaming soap if your going to use a foam gun. its in the detailer line. ADS has it

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 09:15 PM
you the man!

does mcguires carry a spray wax in a gallon size too? i only see ultimate quick wax in the small bottle
shopping for car cleaners is fun, who would have thought!

speed3blackmica
Mar 4th, 2010, 09:15 PM
lol np

rextotherex
Mar 4th, 2010, 09:38 PM
ok im blaming all you guys, i decided to buy m26 to top off m21 because you all say it makes the color pop even more! dude im going shopping crazy

Murr1525
Mar 4th, 2010, 11:23 PM
red grit gaurd x 2
hi-tec magna sponge - I would choose the Clay Kit, or seperate Detailing clay. The Magna sponge doesnt get the best reviews on here, at least for regular claying.
1 gallon of 135 synthetic SD - Remember that UQD/#135 is not flor claying
1 gallon of m07 - Thats a lot....
1 gallon of m21 - Thats a lot.... If you think you'll use them up that fast, ok, but for just one car, thats like a lifetime supply, and a 3-5 year shelf life. black wow for my outside trims
foam app pads x 6
1 gallon d140 wheel cleaner - Just be carefull with it. The Aluminum Wheel Wash is the more general product.

Dont forget spray bottles and sprayers.....

well what if i have a foam gun?

What kind do you have? Havent heard many folks using Hyper Wash in theirs, Super Soap seems popular, and I use #62. I agree, a little extra is ok, dont want to go super concentrated though. And make sure of dilution math with whatever product/gun you are combining.

does mcguires carry a spray wax in a gallon size too?

Who? And no, most professional shops dont seem to need a spray wax, so no luck there.

rextotherex
Mar 5th, 2010, 09:38 AM
yea i downsized the gallons lol, i realized that was alot of product, however im talking to my boss about spliting it

rextotherex
Mar 5th, 2010, 10:22 AM
what clay would you suggest for a 3 year old car that sees sun and outdoors 300 out of 365 days a year? i felt my paint after i did a good wash and it still has a good semi smooth surface but definately needs another clay, its been 6 months since ive last clayed as well.

im thinking meguires mild, is this clay stronger than the smooth clay kit?

speed3blackmica
Mar 5th, 2010, 11:01 AM
the meguiars mild blue clay is a tad more stronger than the smooth surface clay kit and still safe to use without risking any marring which typically can happen from an aggresive clay (doesnt always happen, but it has)..but for the most part, on a well maintained car, ie. you wash/quick detail it often, you keep up with waxing it, the smooth surface clay kit clay bars will do a perfect job

speed3blackmica
Mar 5th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the information, but I think that this forum is for talk about cars :hotrod2 not about sells, please if I am wrong tell me.

this forum is mainly a discussion forum for meguiars car care by title, however we talk about everything here. we talk about products, techniques, cars themselves, everything. and we all help each other when it comes down to starting off with what products to buy, what tools you might need, heck we even talk about personal issues and help each other. its just one big community of car guys ! and girls :D

Murr1525
Mar 5th, 2010, 11:32 AM
The blue clay just wont come with any lubricant, so you would need QD, or Last Touch, FI, etc. As mentioned, the UQD/#135 is not for claying.

LelandGray
Mar 5th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Do you have more pictures of your WRX? Especially from the side.. those rims look awesome!

Any what's with the Hello Kitty badge on the trunk??

rextotherex
Mar 5th, 2010, 12:05 PM
i do have pics, the hello kitty badge says sti on it and i thought it was just funny,

so i took out 135, i figured LAST TOUCH would be more suitable considering you get the same amount for 7 dollars less, and it has more uses as well. i dont think 135 and last touch will have THAT big of a difference in shine, i have a tough enough time between UQD and QD already!

so this was my final purchase

1 gallon of m26 to wax every month
64 oz of m21 to seal every 6 months
64 oz of m07 to polish every 6 months
1 bottle swirx to use every 6 months
1 bottle of UC to use when needed every 6 months
blue mild clay
2 grit gaurds

1 gallon 140-the window cleaner
1 gallon 120 wheel cleaner
1 gallon of LAST TOUCH
6 foam pads
seperate spraying bottles for each

totalled out to be 215 dollars shipped to my house

now all i need to buy is car wash soap, ill just buy gold class from autozone.

what are your recomendations for the black trim outside my car, like the black gaurd behind the hood infront of the front window? i was going with black wow but decided to just switch with all meguires stuff.

speed3blackmica
Mar 5th, 2010, 12:09 PM
are you talking about the windsheild cowl ? there are plenty of meguiars products that work that...there is M40, All season Dressing, Water Based Dressing, Gold Class trim Detailer, Accent Dressing, supreme shine protecant, natural shine protecant. ultimate protecant.they all leave different looks. its all up to you.

rextotherex
Mar 5th, 2010, 12:33 PM
hmmmm in terms of longest lasting, what do you prefer? im sure they all give me a nice black look, i put armor all every car wash to keep it black otherwise it has a faded grey to it.

speed3blackmica
Mar 5th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Ultimate protectant or all season dressing

rextotherex
Mar 5th, 2010, 06:24 PM
sounds like a plan! cant wait to go home its gonna be like christmas!

speed3blackmica
Mar 5th, 2010, 09:08 PM
believe me, i know..i once spent $317 in one order..that was a heck of a lot of products to store