PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions about getting started with G110V2

Polaris88
May 9th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I was looking at getting the Meguiar's G110V2 Six Pack pad Special from ADS. Questions I have are which pads should I choose? I am also getting the 7" 2.0 Microfiber Bonnets. Is there anything else I should get with my order? Thanks for all the help and cant wait to get started. I have a boat,wifes car and my truck to detail.

Shawn T.
May 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I recently purchased this kit also and I decided to get 4 W8207 Polishing Pads and 2 W9207 Finishing Pads. You really should not use a W7207 Cutting Pad on the G110V2 as it will leave quite a bit of hazing.

I would pick up some M105/M205 combo to try out. Rick at ADS sells the 8 oz versions all the way up to gallon sizes of M105/M205, so take your pick!

If you are going to be working on your boat then you may want to pick up some Marine products. I would PM Tuck91 and ask him about using a W7207 Cutting Pad on gelcoat as he said in a previous post that he has had great success with them. Actually, he is one of the go-to people if you ever need any detailing advice; just check out the details he does in the Show-Off Your Latest Detail section of the forum.

Take a read on a few of these sections, especially, the section reserved for working with a DA polisher. All of the sections in this forum are incredible and you will find that almost any question you have can be answered!

Welcome to MOL!!! :)

tecka
May 9th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I just ordered mine and was told to get the one below:

Pad Choice 1 = Soft Buff 2.0
Polishing Pad (Yellow)
Pad Choice 2 = Soft Buff 2.0
Polishing Pad (Yellow)
Pad Choice 3 = Soft Buff 2.0
Polishing Pad (Yellow)
Pad Choice 4 = Soft Buff 2.0
Polishing Pad (Yellow)
Pad Choice 5 = Soft Buff 2.0
Finishing Pad (Black)
Pad Choice 6 = Soft Buff 2.0
Finishing Pad (Black)

Shawn T.
May 9th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Looks good to me! :)

Mark80z28
May 10th, 2010, 06:50 AM
I ordered this kit also, with the 4 yellow pads and 2 black pads. While I wouldn't mind ordering a few more of each, I think for a six pad selection, this combination is the way to go.

J. A. Michaels
May 10th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I like using a cutting pad with a bonnet for wax removal. I must be in the minority. I would get 1 cutting pad. they last a very long time.

Polaris88
May 10th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Sounds like I will be ordering 4 yellow pads and 2 black ones. I am going to post in the marine section on what type of polish and wax I should get. Thanks for all the help.