PDA

View Full Version : 42 posts and can't add atachments?

FastFish71
May 29th, 2010, 07:58 AM
This is probably for a moderator. I have made 42 posts, yet threads still say that "you may not add attachments." Is this just a glitch, or is there something more I must do? Thanks very much.

Ryan_Bihun89
May 29th, 2010, 09:27 AM
What do you want to attach to the post?
If you want to put pictures you dont have to attach them but to upload them to your gallery and then in the post click the Picture button, paste the link you copied from the picture in your gallery and then make the post.

:)

Fly Bye
May 29th, 2010, 09:56 AM
is there something more I must do?

You have to pay a fee to the moderator.

:D

Murr1525
May 29th, 2010, 10:23 AM
I dont think attatchemnts are allowed. You have to upload and insert.

J. A. Michaels
May 29th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I dont think attatchemnts are allowed. You have to upload and insert.

I am in complete agreement here.

Michael Stoops
Jun 1st, 2010, 07:37 AM
What are you trying to attach and how are you trying to attach it?

Inserting images should be as simple as clicking on the "Insert Image" icon and pasting the URL of the image, whether it's hosted here on MOL or elsewhere. You want to post the URL of the image, by the way, not the page that it's on. And you don't want to use the "Insert Link" icon either - that's for hot linking to another web page.

FastFish71
Jun 1st, 2010, 04:24 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses! I was trying to upload an image, from my desktop, for the purpose of showing someone his car in a color he is considering. I really didn't want to upload to an album because I have no interest in having it on my profile. I can't provide a link because it's a color I custom blended in photoshop...

Murr1525
Jun 1st, 2010, 04:50 PM
Just go to your gallery here, and upload the pic.

Then insert it with the url from there.

Megafast13
Jun 1st, 2010, 06:12 PM
Yeah, you can embed videos, pictures, and links.

TC, I think you are referring to actually "attaching" files. I have seen this on other forums. You can't do that on Meg's.

Michael Stoops
Jun 2nd, 2010, 07:09 AM
Yeah, you can embed videos, pictures, and links.

TC, I think you are referring to actually "attaching" files. I have seen this on other forums. You can't do that on Meg's.

Correct. Our forum software does not accommodate uploading an image directly into a post. You can upload to our gallery and then post from there, but just uploading from your computer and embedding into a post doesn't work with this system.

FastFish71
Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks guys! I appreciate the solid support and follow through... One of the many reasons MOL is the only forum I regularly participate in.