PDA

View Full Version : so is this stuff available in stores yet?

Shiny Lil Detlr
Jan 30th, 2004, 10:11 AM
I see it can be ordered, but can I find it in the store (so I don't have to order it)?? I was just at autozone earlier to get a wiper blade and looked for it, but no such luck.

:confused: :D

J SOLO
Jan 30th, 2004, 11:50 AM
they have it at advance auto parts.I just got the nxt spray wax.

Shiny Lil Detlr
Jan 30th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by J SOLO
they have it at advance auto parts.I just got the nxt spray wax.

awesome.... guess I'll have to head up there tomorrow and see if they're stocking it yet :cool:

Rockpick
Jan 30th, 2004, 12:39 PM
It was my understanding that it wouldn't officially hit the shelves until very early Feb. but, in a sense, we're close enough. ;)

Mike Phillips
Jan 30th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Hi all,

NXT products should be showing up everywhere starting now...

I heard the sunbelt states will be receiving shipments first and then it will filter outwards.

(I got mine! :D )

Mike

Shiny Lil Detlr
Jan 30th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips

:p really? who would've thought....

rusty bumper
Jan 31st, 2004, 10:42 PM
Hi all,

I heard the sunbelt states will be receiving shipments first and then it will filter outwards.

Mike

Really :confused:...I can't find any at the local Wal-Mart...I'll try some of the other stores.

foris2
Feb 1st, 2004, 04:13 PM
J SOLO

Which Advance Auto did you find the NXT in the Metro area? I checked the Wal Mart and Advance Auto on Cobb Parkway, and they didn't have it as of yesterday.

foris2
Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:43 AM
I just picked up a bottle at Advance Auto and I can't wait to use it :D . But it's raining :mad:

Mike Phillips
Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
:p really? who would've thought....

Just trying to have some fun! :D :D

Mike

J SOLO
Feb 2nd, 2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks to Mike ive had the techwax for 3 weeks.foris2 i got the spraywax at the one in hiram on 278 where in marietta do you live?

foris2
Feb 2nd, 2004, 02:55 PM
I live on Roswell Rd, about a mile east of the Big Chicken.

blkZ28Conv
Feb 3rd, 2004, 12:12 PM
Just picked-up some NXT Spray Wax at Advance Auto, They have the whole series. Small town near VIR ( Virginia International Raceway) in southwestern Va.
:cool:

J SOLO
Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:21 PM
foris2 i have lived in marietta most of my life.I work about 5 min.from you.my father lives in indian hills in eastcobb.i moved to hiram 6yrs ago.we need to hook up and detail our cars.seeya Jerry.:)

foris2
Feb 4th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Jerry,
I detail cars on the weekend because I'm still working a full time job even though I'm retired from the Navy. I set up every Saturday on my church parking lot. By last Saturday being a pretty day, we washed 9 cars and 1 full detail. Look forward to meeting you. By the way, I'll let you know if I find anyplace that have the NXT car wash. Take care.

Foris

J SOLO
Feb 5th, 2004, 02:32 AM
foris let me know when you will be at the church agan i will come by there and checkout your setup.I to am wanting to do some weekend detailing.:D

Corbon91
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Hi all,

Mike

Went to my local Kragen and Wal-Mart and I couldn't find it. :( The Kragen people told me that they would get a new shipment today, so maybe they're just getting it now.

Mike Phillips
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Let's hope so...

I see a lot of threads where people are waiting and looking for the products to arrive in their area stores...

It's hard to say because once it leaves our docks it's kind of out of our control....

Keep looking! :D

Mike

J SOLO
Feb 5th, 2004, 01:57 PM
the walmart by my house soldout of its nxt supply in less then a week.they have some 23.5x40inch microfiber towels for 7 bucks they should be great for drying.

Corbon91
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Went to my local Pep-Boys and nothing. I will check Kragen again tonight......

Just checked and still nothing. :(

J SOLO
Feb 7th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Finally got the wash.I checked walmart daily it was on the self today i also got the protectant.I picked up some claymagic there clearing out for 7bucks i figured i would try it.

MetalSludge
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:07 AM
I picked up the NXT wax, Protectant, and QD Tuesday at our Advance Auto parts. It was the last bottle of each they had. I asked the guy at the counter if they sold alot. He said they just put it on the shelf that morning and now its all gone. He didnt know for sure how much they got because the guy who does the ordering was worried about it not selling. Seems like it sold good to me. I just wish they would get the carwash in.

Teak
Feb 8th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Advanced Auto in Rochester, NY has NXT products. No NXT car wash or Metal polysh (for obvious reasons).

Henrietta: Has one bottle of Protectant and spray wax.
Webster: Two each of Protectant and One bottle of NXT wax.

Salesperson at Henrietta store told me wash is not on the planogram or order lost, but to keep checking back.

Eric

Edit: Advanced auto also has on the ColorX.

J SOLO
Feb 8th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Is the metal polish out yet?I thougt i had all the products.well it will give me a reason to go back to my favorite place detailing products.lol

Teak
Feb 8th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by J SOLO
Is the metal polish out yet?I thougt i had all the products.well it will give me a reason to go back to my favorite place detailing products.lol

Projected release date is April 2004.

Eric

mopar
Feb 8th, 2004, 01:59 PM
wal mart in watertown has the nxt car wash ,,advanced auto parts in water town has the nxt tech wax and the protectent ,,couldnt find all metal polish or spray wax anywhere:mad:

mopar
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:07 PM
how far is rochester ny from salmon run mall im sorry i dont kno w my way around those parts

Teak
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by mopar
how far is rochester ny from salmon run mall im sorry i dont kno w my way around those parts

Mopar,
From you location, Rochester is about 3.0 hrs. From Watertown, 2.5hrs, but you are further away and have the boarder to deal with. Try the Syracuse or Oswego county area stores, as those are about 1.25 to 1.5 hrs away. If you want directions, let me know.

Did you go to Arsenal St, store? Or did you call?
As the first store I went to the salesperson was stocking the shelves and put both the protectant and spray booster wax in the same spot. Good catch on my part, or someone my have ended up with spray wax on the dash or tires.

Now this is dedication.

Thanks for the info about wal-mart, I will have to check the stores again.

Eric

mopar
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:04 PM
ahah i never thought about that they look exactly the same eh but i got the protecent autozone only had the wax and protectent i ask the guy there if he knew when they would be getting spray wax or if he knew of anywhere else that had it he had no clue in walmart the wash wasnt on the main shelves it was up top with extra stock had to really look to find it directions to syracuse would be very helpful thanks in advance

Teak
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Mopar, check your PM's again.

Eric

Teak
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:11 PM
I stopped at Wal-Mart on my way home (not really on my way home, the super store was open) from work this morning (about 4:15a). Anyway no NXT wash any shelf, so I ask the stock person, for NXT wash. NXT wash is in the back. I ask for a bottle, and I was told Meguiars has not released the product for sale and if he sold it to me, Meguiars would not allow Wal-Mart to sell their products. I told him the NXT products went on sale on Feb 1 and other local stores have the NXT products, but not the NXT wash. Then he said well we do not have permission from the home office to sell the products yet, becuase the products are not in the computer system. I then told him the NXT wash product is available for sale in Syracuse and Watertown. He responded, they must be have different software, have special permission and be on different stock schedule. He also, said the display will be changing in week as they have many new products in the back. Time to go to another Wal-Mart, and talk to a friend, if not on the shelf.

Anyway, I just wanted my fix. I will have to check other places, for the missing link (NXT wash).

Sidenote, the Meguiars distributor for WNY does not have the NXT products in stock yet. If I keep calling they probably will stock the NXT line as I called for alot of the Detailer line products numerous times, which they now stock.

Thanks for reading my vent.
Eric

mopar
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:24 PM
thats not cool,i guess i was lucky then to find it where i did there was only 4 jugs up there but the guy ran it through the till no problem so who knows its kinda funny watertown has the wash but no spray wax and yuo have spray wax but no wash never fails

Teak
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Mopar,
Link to Syracuse area Advanced Auto (http://advanceauto.know-where.com/advance-auto-parts/cgi/selection?mapid=US&addr=&city=&region=&zip=13126&phone=) based on Oswego, Zip code. Another zip to try is 13090. Stores closest to you are Central Square, then Oswego, then the Syracuse area.

Getting to Syracuse is relatively easy.
ONT 401E to Boarder
I-81S to

let me know the store that has what you need.

Eric

chinkapin02
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Hey Teak:
Sorry about your problems at Wal Mart. You ended up having a stocker that was just to darn lazy to go to the stockroom and get what you needed.
I retired from Wal Mart and don't put up with any of the rude and lazy people there. If you have a problem tell them you want to see one of the managers.
Your the customer and your what keeps Wal Mart is business.
Don

Larry A
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Wal-Mart has Nxt . It maybe in the back room , their should be no problen for them to get it for you. Some stores may not put it out until they reset the auto dept. in March.

ArchaicRelic
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Has anyone seen NXT in the stores in the Los Angeles area? Thanks.

Teak
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Earlier today I called around to the auto part stores, and Wal Marts. Well I found the NXT wash, the search is over.

I think LarryA maybe right about waiting for the restock.

Eric

Alexandra
Feb 12th, 2004, 08:26 AM
nt

WHITE HONDA
Feb 13th, 2004, 07:11 PM
:D Its here in NC, WILM at super wal-mart all NXT product plus
COLORx.

They have a fire hose nozzle for $5.00 + Tax looks good could not RESIST and a GREAT bucket[red by black Magic] for $9.64 + Tax

SAY WHAT YOU WANT BUT WALMART HAS SOME GOODSTUFF:eek: :o

mhapner
Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:41 AM
I've been searching the Memphis, TN area for NXT over the last two weeks with no results. Wal-Mark, Target, K-Mart, Auto Zone, Advanced Auto....nothing. If anyone sees anything (especially the wax) please let me know.

Mike
96 Miata
My Gallery (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=240)

chinkapin02
Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:13 PM
Mhaoner:
Have you tried WM Southaven just to the east of I55 Horn Lake Exit. Also WM Barlett which is off of I40 Exit 18. Southaven is a high volume Super Center and they should have the NXT.
Good Luck, Don

mhapner
Feb 28th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I found it!!! It was at the 24-hour Auto Zone (on Summer Ave. for those in Memphis). They only had two bottles...one now sits in my garage. :D Maybe the smaller Auto Zones around the nation will have it very soon. My detailing towels are in the washer now...can't wait to try this stuff!! I'll try to write tomorrow with my results.

Teak
Feb 28th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by mhapner
I found it!!! It was at the 24-hour Auto Zone (on Summer Ave. for those in Memphis). They only had two bottles...one now sits in my garage. :D Maybe the smaller Auto Zones around the nation will have it very soon. My detailing towels are in the washer now...can't wait to try this stuff!! I'll try to write tomorrow with my results.

I need a 24h Auto Zone.

Eric

chinkapin02
Feb 29th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Mhapner:
I delivered to the Southaven Super Center Friday night and went into the store to check for you. Not a very well stocked store. What they had in the Mequiar's line was:
Gold Class liquid & paste
Cleaner Wax, liquid & paste
Quik detailer, liquid
Quik wax, liquid
Sorry I couldn't help you more.
Don

gb387
Mar 1st, 2004, 09:29 PM
I was at walmart tonight and they have done their reset in the car care area and still no NXT stuff.... they have the Mr. Clean Auto dry abunch of black magic stuff and assorted other new stuff but no NXT products.... strange. They do have ColorX and Quick Suds.

Corbon91
Mar 4th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Just got mine today at the local Kragen!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!! I was lucky too b/c it was the last one on the shelf!!!!

I can't wait to use this stuff!!! :)

Teak
Mar 4th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by gb387
I was at walmart tonight and they have done their reset in the car care area and still no NXT stuff.... they have the Mr. Clean Auto dry abunch of black magic stuff and assorted other new stuff but no NXT products.... strange. They do have ColorX and Quick Suds.

I found the NXT wash at Wally World, but the wash was on the bottom shelf with the towels and away from the other car washes sold.

Eric

chinkapin02
Mar 4th, 2004, 01:48 PM
I just wrote the buyers at Wal Mart and told them there is a big demand for the NXT. Don't know if it will do any good or not.
Tell you all what you can do. Get on the Wal Mart web site (www.walmart.com) go to the "contact us" and ask Wal Mart to carry the NXT. If enough of you do that I'm sure that soon the NXT will arrive at your Super Center. I don't think they will put the NXT into small stores. IMO a marrage between Mequiar's and Wal Mart would be a good thing.
Don

Teak
Mar 4th, 2004, 07:16 PM
chinkapin02
I found the NXT Wash (only NXT product offered) at a small store in my area. Due to the fact this store is the only one with NXT wash on the shelf.

Eric

gb387
Mar 4th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Teak
I found the NXT wash at Wally World, but the wash was on the bottom shelf with the towels and away from the other car washes sold.

Eric

You know there is a bunch of empty shelf space in tata area so maybe my walmart hasn't received the shipment yet.

rusty bumper
Mar 9th, 2004, 11:52 PM
I found NXT wax & Color-X at the local Wal-Mart, but Meg's stuff is gettin a little thin on the shelf there...Maybe there will be a bigger selection at the new store under construction...;)

chinkapin02
Mar 10th, 2004, 02:51 PM
In one of my earlyer post you can see that I had written Wal Mart.
Just a few minutes ago Wal Mart in Searcy Arkansas called me asking about my letter to the company.
I told Wal Mart home office and this assist. mgr that there is a demand for the fine Mequiar's products and that people are looking for quality products for their car. This assist mgr will be talking to the auto dept manager and see about getting more Mequiar's products. In fact in our conversation not only did I talk about the NXT Tech Wax but the NXT Generation car wash which really got him interested.
Hope I've done some good. Get a few more of you fellows to write to Wal Mart requesting they carry more Mequiar's and we might get something done. If you drive around your towns looking for Mequiar's take a minute or two and hop on the Wal Mart web site and write the company stating you want more Mequiar's in the stores.
Good Luck to All
Don

rusty bumper
Mar 10th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Not a bad idea!...I had a run in with a manager one time about the way he treated his employees...Not long after that he was gone, so I guess Wal-Mart values customer opinions.

mhapner
Mar 11th, 2004, 12:44 PM
One of the Wal-Mart Super Centers in Memphis (near wolfchase mall) now has a bunch of NXT stuff. I saw the car wash, the tech wax, and the booster spray wax there on Monday night. Looking forward to trying out the booster wax this weekend.

Marc Hufnagel
Mar 11th, 2004, 02:10 PM
After looking for weeks, the local Oreilly auto parts finally got NXT wax and the booster wax in this morning's shipment. Bit higher than people are seeing it at walmart though, 14.99. Anyway, it is in Southern Illinois finally.. I didn't pick it up yet I'm waiting to get my pad assortment.