PDA

View Full Version : OH BOY..shoulda marked the bottles

Poki
Aug 28th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Yeah, did a real dumb thing today. Was going to use the G110 and M105 on my hood. Soon as I started the first several passes I knew something was wrong! Well, I have my Ult. Prtoectant in a Meg's bottle...and it looks a lot like my M105 sample bottle. Yeah, I buffed UP on a section of hood. Used Cleaner Wax a couple times to remove it. Then did the M105 and got great results. THEN, I marked the bottle.... :poke Some time ago I cleaned my windshield with Hot Shine tire shine cuz that bottle looks a lot like the Meg's window cleaner bottle...both clear. Live and learn....maybe.

Bill Davidson
Aug 28th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Definitely mark those bottles :chuckle1

At least nothing bad happened.

There are lots of kids temporary markers you can get for marking bottle, if you don't want to mark it permanently. What I find works well is just a sticky note, they actually stay on much longer than you'd think. You could always add a little Scotch tape if your worried about it falling off.

Why did you have Ult. Prot. in a secondary bottle? Did the original bottle break?

BillyJack
Aug 28th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I use quart size spray bottles and small squeeze bottles for products I buy in bulk. I bought 2" tall vinyl stick-on letters from an office supply store. I keep it simple: APC 4:1, APC 10:1, 2,7, 9, 80 etc. I also use foam "kan koozies" on all my aerosol products such as window cleaner so you can set them on a hood or roof without worry of sliding off.
Far from a pro, but I like to act like one.

Bill

Bill Davidson
Aug 28th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I also use foam "kan koozies" on all my aerosol products such as window cleaner so you can set them on a hood or roof without worry of sliding off.

That's clever.

Poki
Aug 28th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Why did you have Ult. Prot. in a secondary bottle? Did the original bottle break?[/QUOTE]

The Ult. prot. bottle was a mess to use...for me anyway. Ran all over the top of the bottle, down the sides. Something wrong with that one's design me thinks.. :dunno

J. A. Michaels
Aug 28th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Happens to everyone. At least no damage was done.

48prerunner
Aug 29th, 2010, 06:14 AM
. I also use foam "kan koozies" on all my aerosol products such as window cleaner so you can set them on a hood or roof without worry of sliding off.
Far from a pro, but I like to act like one.

Bill

thats a great idea never thought of what to do with those koozie and the peace of mind not to worry about scratches great idea.

BillyJack
Aug 29th, 2010, 07:01 AM
thats a great idea never thought of what to do with those koozie and the peace of mind not to worry about scratches great idea.

Thanks. A few years ago I acquired some industrial cabinets for my garage and was reorganizing my supplies. I had a bunch of koozies stuffed on a shelf near my window cleaner and it finally hit me to mate the two. I also have some of the thinner ones that I fit to the 16oz bottles of various Mirror Glaze products.

Bill