PDA

View Full Version : highest percent carnuba?

ccapital83
Oct 11th, 2010, 11:12 PM
if i wanted the wax with the highest amount of pure carnuba in it anyone know what one it would be? i love the softness of natural carnuba im not a polymer fan but curious to what product is the largest percent of pure carnuba.

Michael PALERO
Oct 11th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Zymol Royale @ 70%

smack
Oct 12th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Fork out the big bucks for that stuff.

akimel
Oct 12th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Take a look at this article: The Myths of Carnauba Wax (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25310).

music_man185
Oct 12th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Fork out the big bucks for that stuff.

you can say that again. around $8,000!! but you get free refills for life, so its worth it...right? lol

akimel
Oct 13th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Here's what a 100% carnauba wax looks like:

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allownetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid198.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Faa122%2Fdetailgod%2F100_0459.mp4" height="361" width="600">

Fly Bye
Oct 13th, 2010, 07:29 PM
what product is the largest percent of pure carnuba.

Here we go again.

Blazebro
Nov 25th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Zymol Royale @ 70%

Not the highest, but one of the more exspensive ones.

R222/P21s do a wax called 100% Canauba Wax. As the video above shows it contain 100% pure canauba but must be right up there. What I do know is that it dosen't last very long.

J. A. Michaels
Nov 25th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Very interesting video on a block of Carnuba. I would hazard a guess that 70% would be about the highest content. After it is filtered and refined.

wOlfy
Jan 23rd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Dodo juice has one they claim to be the highest % in the industry its pricey but IMO seems to out perform most of the others

Blazebro
Jan 29th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Dodo juice has one they claim to be the highest % in the industry its pricey but IMO seems to out perform most of the others

Seriously?

Longevity- I really can't see how any of the Dodo Juice waxes would outperform something like Collinite 476S. The reason they smell nice is because they're stacked full of perfume, not because they naturally smell the way they do. Perfumes don't improve longevity but only serve to hinder.

Ease of use- They are easy to use, but can't say they are the easiest espicially compared to something like Optiseal.

Looks- each to there own and can only be diferentiated by a hugh to an eye. Can't say I've been much impressed and there's cheaper waxes out there giving just as good a look imo.

Just a point, but I don't believe Dodo Juice really market their canuba content, so it's hard to say that they're more than any other brand. I reallt couldn't see them being anymore than anyone else.

Take my advice, there's far better out there.

CieraSL
Jan 29th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Not the highest, but one of the more exspensive ones.

R222/P21s do a wax called 100% Canauba Wax. As the video above shows it contain 100% pure canauba but must be right up there. What I do know is that it dosen't last very long.

That just means that the only wax in it is carnauba - not that the whole jar is filled with carnauba wax. There are polymers in it to make it workable, but the 100% part just means that it does not contain beeswax or montan wax or things of that nature, unlike P21S Concours.

TH0001
Jan 30th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Zymol Royale @ 70%

Very interesting video on a block of Carnuba. I would hazard a guess that 70% would be about the highest content. After it is filtered and refined.

It depends on how they are reaching the percentage amount...

You can fill a 10 gallon garbage can up with 80 percent full of leaves (8 gallons of leaves) then top it off with water. Will it only take 2 gallons of water? No, the water will get in between the leaves, around them, etc. You likely can get 5 gallons of water (probably much more) into the 10 gallon containor.

Does this mean that the garage can is a 80 percent leaves or 50 percent leaves? Funny things happen when you measure dry volume against wet volume and the results are left up to interpretation.

Or you could fill the garage can half full of leaves, but make 75% of the leaves brown and %25 percent orange. You could even say that it is 75% brown leave, although the actual number (of total volume) would be 37.5%.

AFAI, it is basically impossible to get more than 35% wet volume carnauba to be workable. Above 50% you are dealing with a fairly solid (and unworkable) block. At 70% you have a hockey puck...

Also more carnauba is not better... Carnauba in and of itself is a pretty lousy wax and needs to be blended with solvents, oils, and often other waxes to make it better.

Just some food for thought...