PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars APC and ASD

travisdecpn
Feb 8th, 2005, 11:07 AM
I had a chance to use both of these products last weekend. I was very impressed by the results that each product gave me. I used the APC as a pretreat for the cloth and carpet in a 92 F-250. I also sprayed it on the door panels and dash and just watched the dirt and oil buildup run off.
I used the ASD on all of the exterior trim and the tires. It has a very oily consistency (speads very easily and a little goes a long way) that does a nice job of darkening the faded trim and the excess buffs off nicely. It also smells awesome, better than a lot of the aftershaves on the market:D. I'm very satisfied with the new detailer line, even though I only do a few cars a month.
I'm going to try the wheel brightener and super degreaser next and will be sure to add my comments when I get a chance to use them.

Teak
Feb 8th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the info. What kind of shine does ASD leave? have you tried ASD on anything else besides the trim? Does ASD run when after a wash or rain?

Eric

travisdecpn
Feb 8th, 2005, 01:49 PM
When you first put it on, it's fairly glossy, but if you buff the excess off with a rag it leaves a nice sheen. I was really surprised how little you have to use, it spreads very nicely. I put it on my tires as well, and it looks great after a 200 mile drive back to college. I'll get some pics sometime this week.

Teak
Feb 8th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Thanks. One last question (famous last words) is ASD dilutable?

Eric

travisdecpn
Feb 8th, 2005, 02:09 PM
I haven't tried, the spray bottle doesn't have any dilution ratios on it. I don't know whether or not it is water based, that is probably a question better suited for Mike. I think the best bet if you are looking for a dilutable dressing is meg's hyper dressing. Sorry I can't be of more help.

scrub
Feb 8th, 2005, 02:31 PM
ASD is ready to use (no dilution).

Teak
Feb 8th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the info.

Eric

travisdecpn
Feb 9th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Got a chance to take a picture of one of the tires i treated with ASD, I really like the way it looks still.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/785600_tire.JPG

Tim Lingor
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Hey,

Nice write-up travisdecpn! :)

Meguiar's All Season Dressing is solvent based and is ready to be used right out of the container. I have used a lot of the product and have come to really love it on tires, and exterior plastic. The key is to apply it fairly heavy and leave it sit for a good 5 minutes. Then come back with a dedicated MF towel and remove any excess. :xyxthumbs

Tim

JG_Detailing
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:50 PM
What is APC and ASD?

travisdecpn
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:55 PM
APC = All Purpose Cleaner

ASD = All Season Dressing