PDA

View Full Version : My first use of a d/a!!

Mongoose
Jan 7th, 2011, 03:28 PM
It was awesome!! I finally got some time to try out my new Griots GG6 d/a today along with the Megs pads and backing plates and all I can say is "why did I wait so long?!" I used my new utility light to track my progress as far as defect removal and so far everything looks great. Unfortunately we're about to get snowed on so I can't roll the car out of the shop to see the results in the daylight. Hopefully i didn't induce holograms in the process, we'll see. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the new Ultimate Wax and Polish I ordered from ADS yesterday....it's Christmas all over again!:woohoo1:woohoo1

dc2_
Jan 7th, 2011, 03:37 PM
sweet!

thats the same combination i ordered

the gg6 with w68da plate and meguiar pads

imacarnut
Jan 7th, 2011, 05:14 PM
all I can say is "why did I wait so long?!"

Exactly. For someone new to machine polishing, a DA has a small learning curve and one can obtain excellent results in no time. While the rotary was always considered to be used for serious correction, it's not becoming the case all that much anymore. With all the new pad and products that are coming out for the DA these days (who knows what the future may bring!) even the novice can achieve professional results.

Mongoose
Jan 7th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I was prepared to spend some time experimenting with different combos of speed/pad/product but found great results with UC and the Soft Buff 2.0 yellow pads with the only variable being speed. With sections of the car having been painted at different times with possibly different paints I wound up using speed 3 on the hood,roof and hatch/wing while having to step up to speed 5 and sometimes 6 on the fenders and doors along with 2-3 applications on these areas to get the desired results. Either way, I'm looking forward to using this on other vehicles I maintain.