PDA

View Full Version : Introducing our new DA Microfiber Correction System

Michael Stoops
Feb 16th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Great news everyone - the DA Microfiber System is now available for distributor order, meaning end users will be able to have the system in their hands very soon now!

There has been a lot of speculation as to just what this system fully entails, and this post will answer all those questions. We have a separate post dedicated to proper use of the DA Microfiber system available here (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47855) but we wanted to announce this here since this thread has had so much traffic, and so many subscribers, in the past few months. We want to thank you all for your patience while we put the finishing touches on this system - a system which, we should tell you, is designed specifically for factory applied paint.

So without further ado..................

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1689/header.gif

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qmBACx72h4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The DA Microfiber Correction System is comprised of the following:

2 Liquid Components

DA Microfiber Correction Compound - D300

No swirls - guaranteed (keep in mind we're talking about the fact that this system will not leave buffer swirls like a rotary usually does during compounding)
Super-micro abrasive technology (SMAT) quickly removes moderate defects with a high gloss
No mess, no sling, low dusting for superior clean up
Rich concentrated formula delivers lower cost per car

16 ounce - $19.86 (D30016)
32 ounce - $34.50 (D30032)
1 gallon - $88.00 (D30001)

DA Microfiber Finishing Wax - D301

One-pass fast, dust free wipe off
Rich blend of polymers, silicones & carnauba for high gloss protection
Specially formulated to optimize surface after applying DA Microfiber Correction Compound
Designed for use with DA Microfiber Finishing Disc

16 ounce - $9.00 (D30116)
32 ounce - $15.80 (D30132)
1 gallon - $39.80 (D30101)

You'll be interested to know that the 16 ounce bottles are not the typical ketchup type bottle any more. We are introducing a bottle with a self cleaning spout - no more little red cap to lose, no more product clogging up the tip; pull to open, push to close and self clean.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1689/compound_family.gifhttp://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1689/f_wax_family.gif

2 Disc Components

Cutting Disc - New microfiber disc technology cuts through moderate surface defects with no swirls - guaranteed
Cutting disc optimized for use with DA Correction Compound D300
Finishing Disc - New microfiber disc technology refines surface to a high gloss finish
Finishing disc optimized for use with DA Finishing Wax D301

Engineered foam interface for optimal cutting efficiency and controlled conformability
Machine washable

Sizes, pricing, part numbers:

DA Microfiber Cutting Disc

3.37" diameter - $13.98 2-pack (DMC3)
5.5" diameter - $21.98 2-pack (DMC5) or $118.69 12-pack (DMC5B)
6.25" diameter - $23.98 2-pack (DMC6) or $129.49 12-pack (DMC6B)

DA Microfiber Finishing Disc

3.37" diameter - $13.98 2-pack (DMF3)
5.5" diameter - $21.98 2-pack (DMF5) or $118.69 12-pack (DMF5B)
6.25" diameter - $23.98 2-pack (DMF6) or $129.49 12-pack (DMF6B)

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1689/cutting_disc.gifhttp://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1689/finishing_disc.gif

Further, it is highly recommended that our backing plates be used, primarily due to the micro-hook attachment system. While a longer, more traditional hook & loop attachment system will hold the pads in place, this mismatch will cause operating temperature on the disc to increase noticeably.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1689/backing_plates.gif

This variety of pad sizes makes the DA Microfiber Correction System compatible with a wide range of popular tools:

DMC3/DMF3 pads: Mini air tools, Metabo SXE400
DMC5/DMF5 pads: DA buffers such as Meguiar's G110v2, G110, G100, Porter Cable 7424, 7336, 7424XP, Griot's Garage 6"
DMC6/DMF6 pads: Pneumatic DA buffers, Flex 3401, Festool, etc

In addition to these tools, our S6HP and S3HP hand pads work great with these pads for hand application of compound or wax.

Again, this post is intended as an introduction to the components available in this system. A "how-to" write up is available by clicking here (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47855).

Kevin Brown
Feb 16th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Scottwax1 Looking forward to all the reviews!!! Scottwax1

boblav
Feb 16th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Just left my favorite supplier, and the stuff is in stock-ready to sell after 3pm PST today!

smack
Feb 16th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Its finally here!!!!

Superior Shine
Feb 16th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Wow how cool! Is the stuff any good?

UCD
Feb 16th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Can't wait to use it!!!!!!

Shawn T.
Feb 16th, 2011, 04:02 PM

I hope so. You said it was..........:woot2:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hey Meguiars, can you just sell those bottles without the product? Those are good bottles.

greg0303
Feb 16th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Great, The System is here. :dp:

I need to remember to remove dust from my rotary buffer once a week from now on.

Andrew C.
Feb 16th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot2:woot2:woot2:woot2

I like the ZZ Top style music too hehe

Shawn T.
Feb 16th, 2011, 04:30 PM

Hey Meguiars, can you just sell those bottles without the product? Those are good bottles.

davey g-force
Feb 16th, 2011, 05:53 PM

lol You should know Joe!

I'm so excited about this system! :dp:

Looking forward to some good reviews and discussions on this...

benjoesteban
Feb 16th, 2011, 08:25 PM
wow... can't wait to use that on my g220v1.. i'm from the philippines, any suggestion guys where to buy that pad and compounds? we have here meguiar's philippines but i think they don't have that yet...

Mikejl
Feb 16th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Yes!!!

Tafner
Feb 16th, 2011, 09:28 PM
wow... can't wait to use that on my g220v1.. i'm from the philippines, any suggestion guys where to buy that pad and compounds? we have here meguiar's philippines but i think they don't have that yet...

It's already available at detailing.com and they ship worldwide.

Jason Rose
Feb 16th, 2011, 09:36 PM

Now THAT'S funny!

dc2_
Feb 16th, 2011, 09:55 PM
so why is it that we apply less compound on this mf system? and also speed 4 not 5. does this give more cut then say using a polishing pad with UC?

OhioCarBuff
Feb 16th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Joe you stated this system is designed for factory applied paint- does this mean it won't work or shouldn't be used for panels and/or entire cars with aftermarket paint jobs?

Sorry, it wasn't Joe that said that, it was Mike. This is exactly what it says "designed specifically for factory applied paint"

OhioCarBuff
Feb 16th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Sorry, it wasn't Joe that said that, it was Mike. This is exactly what it says "designed specifically for factory applied paint"

Ravi_1992
Feb 16th, 2011, 10:55 PM
awe man , i want those pads now. Can m105 and m205 be use with these new pads? or do you do have to use those specific products.

juliom2
Feb 17th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Innovative Approach from Meguias R&D......:bigups
:hotrod2

Markus Kleis
Feb 17th, 2011, 03:27 AM
Joe you stated this system is designed for factory applied paint- does this mean it won't work or shouldn't be used for panels and/or entire cars with aftermarket paint jobs?

What it means is that the products were developed with OE paint in mind, now, that said, it doesn't just magically mean it won't work on aftermarket paint - it's just more likely that you may run into performance issues.

In a nutshell, you can try it on basically any automotive paint type except a matte finish, but your experiences will vary case by case, even with factory paint.

Michael Stoops
Feb 17th, 2011, 08:48 AM
so why is it that we apply less compound on this mf system? and also speed 4 not 5. does this give more cut then say using a polishing pad with UC?The microfiber disc itself offers a good deal of cut, so coupled with a small amount of product you get some serious defect removing capabilities. Remember, we're talking about SMAT abrasives here, so they don't break down like a diminishing abrasive. That means they maintain their cutting ability for essentially the entire buffing cycle. Using too much product simply creates problems with it drying out, slinging, clumping in the microfiber threads, gumming up, etc. Once the pad is primed it will remain primed, and adding just a few drops of product is sufficient to replace that which is removed during the regular cleaning process. That very regular cleaning process is critically important, so don't skip it. Getting lazy and avoiding it will only result in even the small amounts of product added to start building up, and that will eventually lead to over use and all the issues stated above. It takes just a matter of seconds to clean the pad after each section, so get in the habit.

As for the speed settings, speed 4 actually creates noticeably less feedback to the operator than speed 5, so we engineered both the liquids and discs to give optimum performance without beating up the operator. If you find you need more cut, rather than increasing the speed of the tool simply increase the amount of pressure you apply and/or slow down your arm speed and just go very slowly over the paint.

As Mark points out, the system is targeted for factory cured paint, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to use it on a respray. In fact, in our how-to write up (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47855) on the system we followed up with a variety of vehicles, including that repainted (single stage, no less) London Cab and it worked great. The reason we don't directly recommend it for use on aftermarket paint is because of the vast differences in those paint systems - even greater than those of factory paints. We can't state a high enough success rate to recommend it for that use - but we know people love to experiment with detailing products, so if you do and it works great then, well, great! But if doesn't live up to your expectations, well, we won't come right out and say we told you so, but you get the idea. :D

awe man , i want those pads now. Can m105 and m205 be use with these new pads? or do you do have to use those specific products.
Yes, you can use other liquids with these pads, but if you understand how these liquids and pads were specifically engineered to work together to provide the results they do, you'd definitely want to give the liquids a fair shot. As we've stated elsewhere in these discussions, some reviewers are showing the removal of sanding marks with the D300 Compound and Microfiber Cutting Disc - how often do you need more cut than that? Besides, M105 is going to create a lot more dust than D300 (which generates almost zero dust) and likely won't be as easy to wipe off as D300 (which often wipes off about as easily as a properly applied sealant!).

Alfisti
Feb 17th, 2011, 10:10 AM
As for the speed settings, speed 4 actually creates noticeably less feedback to the operator than speed 5, so we engineered both the liquids and discs to give optimum performance without beating up the operator.
1) What would happen if someone erroneously used a higher speed?

2) Or if, like myself, someone uses a Makita BO6040 with forced rotation which is a RO machine but with a more aggressive cutting action - a sort of semi-rotary?

3) Or if someone uses a rotary for that matter?

Sorry for all the questions.

OhioCarBuff
Feb 17th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I still use the DA I purchased from Meguiars back in '99 (I think it may be a G100), would I use this on speed setting 4 for the compound and 3 for finishing wax, or should it be a higher speed because the newer machines are more powerful?

Also do we not need to use separate pads for each panel like we do with the foam pads due to the foam not working as well once it gets too wet? (this is assuming we do the proper cleaning with the pad conditioner brush

One more thing, do we need to get a special backing pad?

Michael Stoops
Feb 17th, 2011, 10:26 AM

2) Or if, like myself, someone uses a Makita BO6040 with forced rotation which is a RO machine but with a more aggressive cutting action - a sort of semi-rotary?

3) Or if someone uses a rotary for that matter?

Sorry for all the questions.

1) A higher speed may give you a bit more cut, but probably more haze and a lot more vibration as well. Better to stick to 4800 opm and slow down your arm speed over the paint and/or increase pressure

2) Forced rotation tools, including the Flex, will give more cut but a lot more hazing too. That's not really a problem, per se, unless the paint is extremely delicate and you need to spend more time pulling out severe haze. But that should very, very rare.

3) Yeah, don't do this. Very fast cut, very high level of haze. We've said plenty of times that we're OK with people experimenting with products and processes, but that we'd also tell you when/if something is seriously not a good idea. This is one of those times - don't bother. :D

Alfisti
Feb 17th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks for quick response and informative answers. :D

2) Forced rotation tools, including the Flex, will give more cut but a lot more hazing too. That's not really a problem, per se, unless the paint is extremely delicate and you need to spend more time pulling out severe haze. But that should very, very rare.

Then, should forced rotation users use a slightly slower speed to reduce hazing?

Michael Stoops
Feb 17th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I still use the DA I purchased from Meguiars back in '99 (I think it may be a G100), would I use this on speed setting 4 for the compound and 3 for finishing wax, or should it be a higher speed because the newer machines are more powerful?

Also do we not need to use separate pads for each panel like we do with the foam pads due to the foam not working as well once it gets too wet? (this is assuming we do the proper cleaning with the pad conditioner brush

One more thing, do we need to get a special backing pad?

If you have a G100/Porter Cable 7424 you'll want to run at speed 5 since that works out to 4750 opm and the target speed for this system is 4800 opm for the cutting disc/compound. Drop down to speed 4 for the finishing wax/finishing disc.

You can do the whole car with a single pad, provided you are very diligent about keeping the pad clean and not over using product. These two things are going to be the biggest challenges for people used to foam exclusively, and especially for those who are prone to overusing product (you know who you are!).

Since you have a G100 you've most likely got the right backing plate already - the W67DA, which is smaller and flatter than the W68DA designed for use with our Soft Buff 2.0 foam pads and currently shipping with the G110v2. Stick with the "old style" backing plate for use with the 5.5" discs.

Michael Stoops
Feb 17th, 2011, 10:38 AM

Then, should forced rotation users use a slightly slower speed to reduce hazing?

No, because you'll lose cut. You're better of maintaining the cut and cleaning up the haze after rather than do multiple passes (and maybe not get the full result) and still have to clean up the haze. Don't let this put you off from the system - it still works great on the Flex and similar tools. Now, if these tools utilized the 5.5" rather than the 6" pads you might have more of an issue, but moving up to the slightly larger pad alleviates much of the potential issue.

Mister B
Feb 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Since you have a G100 you've most likely got the right backing plate already - the W67DA, which is smaller and flatter than the W68DA designed for use with our Soft Buff 2.0 foam pads and currently shipping with the G110v2. Stick with the "old style" backing plate for use with the 5.5" discs.

I have been using a Mirka 5" backing pad with my old G100 and my new PC7424XP for years now. Will this backing plate be OK for use with the new DA system or is the W67DA that much different to warrant me purchasing it for use with the new pads?

This is the current Mirka 5" Backing Pad that I use.

– 5/16" no holes Velcro Medium
– Code: 82951915111

http://www.mirka.com/8BB8C1FA-AABB-4EB4-9AE7-22068D6F97101

RDVT4ME
Feb 17th, 2011, 10:50 AM

I used an earlier version of this pad at speed 6 and it melted the microfiber pad, interface pad and backing plate together.... a real mess... so I would suggest following the guidelines from Meguiars.

Alfisti
Feb 17th, 2011, 10:50 AM
No, because you'll lose cut. You're better of maintaining the cut and cleaning up the haze after rather than do multiple passes (and maybe not get the full result) and still have to clean up the haze. Don't let this put you off from the system - it still works great on the Flex and similar tools. Now, if these tools utilized the 5.5" rather than the 6" pads you might have more of an issue, but moving up to the slightly larger pad alleviates much of the potential issue.
Thank you.

Alfisti
Feb 17th, 2011, 10:52 AM
I used an earlier version of this pad at speed 6 and it melted the microfiber pad, interface pad and backing plate together.... a real mess... so I would suggest following the guidelines from Meguiars.

Oh dear! :nervous1

Andrew Wilson
Feb 17th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I have been using a Mirka 5" backing pad with my old G100 and my new PC7424XP for years now. Will this backing plate be OK for use with the new DA system or is the W67DA that much different to warrant me purchasing it for use with the new pads?

It might work, however if you encounter excessive heat on the paint, you'll want to invest in our backing plate. The "hook and loop" Velcro are very important to our system in that they do not creating very much heat. The pads and backing plate were specifically designed to work together to not produce excessive heat, especially when the user bears down on the DA.

RDVT4ME
Feb 17th, 2011, 12:57 PM

I did use it at that speed for quite a long time (a couple of hours), so it's not like it will instantly melt if you run it at a higher speed. And this was an older version of this pad. Needless to say, I would still heed the recommendations from the Pro's at Meguiars.

Michael Stoops
Feb 17th, 2011, 01:05 PM

http://www.mirka.com/8BB8C1FA-AABB-4EB4-9AE7-22068D6F97101

As Andrew points out, it may well work, but if this backing plate uses a long fingered hook & loop system you'll generate a lot more heat than if you use one of our backing plates, which utilize a micro hook & loop that is better suited to the system on these new discs.

Michael Stoops
Feb 17th, 2011, 01:17 PM

I did use it at that speed for quite a long time (a couple of hours), so it's not like it will instantly melt if you run it at a higher speed. And this was an older version of this pad. Needless to say, I would still heed the recommendations from the Pro's at Meguiars.

As Bob points out, he experienced that with an earlier version of the disc. They have gone through several updates and changes since then and they can take some pretty severe heat.

Case in point: I've had this disc, cut in half, sitting on my desk as a little memento of our development of this system. We did some abuse testing on these, trying to get the backing plate/pad interface as hot as possible. Not to brag (well, OK, maybe a little :woohoo1), but I managed to get the highest temperature recorded that day, and I was "up against" Jason Rose, Kevin Brown, Joe Fernandez and other highly accomplished and admired detailers. That temperature? 231 degrees F. Ouch. The thing was literally smoking. So we cut it in half to see what happened. Nothing. It was just, um....HOT! But it took it all in stride.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1689/cutpad.jpg

Andrew Wilson
Feb 17th, 2011, 01:21 PM

The secondary bottles will be sold empty as well.

RDVT4ME
Feb 17th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I know that Jason and others have been working on this for a long time. They are to be highly commended for producing a product that is revolutionary. Thanks guys for hanging in there to deliver the best!!!

Hemin8r
Feb 17th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I know that Jason and others have been working on this for a long time. They are to be highly commended for producing a product that is revolutionary. Thanks guys for hanging in there to deliver the best!!!

:xyxthumbs Amen to that!

Mister B
Feb 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
As Andrew points out, it may well work, but if this backing plate uses a long fingered hook & loop system you'll generate a lot more heat than if you use one of our backing plates, which utilize a micro hook & loop that is better suited to the system on these new discs.

OK. Well I do not know how to tell what type of hook and loop it has, but it is a very short hook and loop compared to the type of hook and loop that is on my new style W65 rotary backing plate.

I do not know if you can tell from these pics, but Here is my Mirka

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1703/tn_IMG_1421.JPG

Here is my W65

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1703/tn_IMG_1422.JPG

Michael Stoops
Feb 17th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Looks like you should be fine then, Brian.

ClearlyCoated
Feb 17th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Mike, I haven't read through all of the posts. But just watching the video, it seems that the rate of travel is much faster than the standard 2 inches per second you would use with a traditional foam polishing pad.

What is the approximate rate of travel that we see Jason using in the video?

Greg Nichols
Feb 17th, 2011, 05:18 PM

I used a force rotation machine (dynabrade) and got some haze on softer paints, yes the defect removal was quick! I use it on 1000 rpm s.

Cheers,
GREG

CieraSL
Feb 17th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I use this backing plate with my 5.5 inch LC pads. Can this be used with these new pads?

http://www.autogeek.net/damvp5.html

DetailFreak517
Feb 17th, 2011, 09:27 PM
The W67 is the plate that already comes standard with the G110v2, correct? I already own the S3BP and S6BP, but not the W67.

therdrman
Feb 17th, 2011, 09:44 PM
send me some for free haha. (yeah right)

greg0303
Feb 18th, 2011, 05:41 AM
The W67 is the plate that already comes standard with the G110v2, correct? I already own the S3BP and S6BP, but not the W67.

No, W67DA backing plate (4.75" diameter) was part of G110 package.

G110v2 comes with W68DA (5.75" diameter) backing plate.

Ollever
Feb 18th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Since this system is designed to work within prescribed OPM parameters (4800 cutting/3800 finishing), I'm assuming this means 1st generation PC's (7424,7336) will be at no disadvantage compared to 2nd generation PC's with more power. The selected setting's would just be different, for example, speed 4 for cutting on a 2nd gen, and speed 5 ish on a gen 1 PC for cutting. Am I right on this?
The disadvantage I'm referring to is, of course, in terms of cutting and leveling ability.

Greg Nichols
Feb 18th, 2011, 07:40 AM

The w67 is the pad I used when testing this system, works great.

cheers,
GREG

Greg Nichols
Feb 18th, 2011, 07:44 AM
What I want to know is where can I get the cool detailing satin/silk shirt that Jason is wearing in the video! I could then never worry about scratching my vertical panels when working on horizontal one!

Maybe even better it could be made out of MF fibers and I can polishing the vertical as I work on the horizontal ones.........just don't know if I could keep the 4800 OPM rate for perfect polishing?

Cheers,
GREG

Michael Stoops
Feb 18th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Mike, I haven't read through all of the posts. But just watching the video, it seems that the rate of travel is much faster than the standard 2 inches per second you would use with a traditional foam polishing pad.

What is the approximate rate of travel that we see Jason using in the video?
Rate of travel is going to be dependent on how the paint reacts. During the compounding step you may find, on very hard paint or when up against heavy defects, that you want to move very slowly and/or use more pressure. You can actually apply a surprising amount of pressure and still have pad rotation. As with anything in this game, nothing is really set in stone and some experimentation is always going to be needed to dial in for the particular vehicle you're working on.

I use this backing plate with my 5.5 inch LC pads. Can this be used with these new pads?

http://www.autogeek.net/damvp5.html
As long as it's not a long fingered hook & loop you'll be fine.

Since this system is designed to work within prescribed OPM parameters (4800 cutting/3800 finishing), I'm assuming this means 1st generation PC's (7424,7336) will be at no disadvantage compared to 2nd generation PC's with more power. The selected setting's would just be different, for example, speed 4 for cutting on a 2nd gen, and speed 5 ish on a gen 1 PC for cutting. Am I right on this?
The disadvantage I'm referring to is, of course, in terms of cutting and leveling ability.
You are spot on here - the first gen tools (PC7424/7336, G100/G110 and perhaps the earlier Griot's tool) don't reach 4800 opm until they're at speed setting 5. Always a good idea, regardless of tool, to double check those speed settings and adjust accordingly.

What I want to know is where can I get the cool detailing satin/silk shirt that Jason is wearing in the video! I could then never worry about scratching my vertical panels when working on horizontal one!

Maybe even better it could be made out of MF fibers and I can polishing the vertical as I work on the horizontal ones.........just don't know if I could keep the 4800 OPM rate for perfect polishing?

Cheers,
GREG

You're not the first person to ask about that. It seems that is a one off garment given to him by a manufacturer who was trying to get their foot in the door. Jason wears that all the time, even at the beach. :scratchhead1

Andy M.
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:04 AM
This is definately something I will be adding to my arsenal very soon. The weather is finally changing here and the snow is melting. Really missing spending a day just detailing away!!!

Looks like an awesome system!!!:xyxthumbs

Andy

frito
Feb 19th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Is it possible to use the 3 inch backing plate (and pads) with my cyclo polisher? I would love to try out the system with it.

Superior Shine
Feb 19th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Is it possible to use the 3 inch backing plate (and pads) with my cyclo polisher? I would love to try out the system with it.

Out of all the machines I tested with the MF system the Cyclo was the slowest to remove defects. Yes it works but not as quickly as a G110v2 for example.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1754/cyclo1.JPG

frito
Feb 19th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Thank you very much for the input. I am not surprised at that. I do however have a cyclo and since it is for personal use I can afford a bit more time. I have two cars to work on and my alternative is the cyclo with other products and this seems like a good kit.
I have been using OTS Swirl-x and UC followed by an light polish. This may still save me time.

frito
Feb 20th, 2011, 06:37 AM
So is there any chance to expand the platform use i.e. produce a 4" pad to include machines like the cyclo?

It seems like a good fit even if the cyclo does not do removal as fast..

mattya802
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:16 PM
How does this wax compare to things like NXT and UW? Does it have polishing oils in it? Is it a cleaner wax that can clean up some, if any, haze left from the D300? Or would another lighter pass with D300 be necessary before the wax?

Are there plans for any other liquid products to be released for this system? It seems just one "compound" and one "wax" is a pretty general start to gauge the success of the system first or is this really all that is needed?

Alfisti
Feb 20th, 2011, 08:27 PM
D301 is a light cutting finishing polish that's designed to remove the haze left behind.

Michael Stoops
Feb 20th, 2011, 08:40 PM
So is there any chance to expand the platform use i.e. produce a 4" pad to include machines like the cyclo?

It seems like a good fit even if the cyclo does not do removal as fast..
The current pad selection does work with the Cyclo, you just need to source different backing plates for that tool to accommodate our 3.37" pads.

How does this wax compare to things like NXT and UW? Does it have polishing oils in it? Is it a cleaner wax that can clean up some, if any, haze left from the D300? Or would another lighter pass with D300 be necessary before the wax?

Are there plans for any other liquid products to be released for this system? It seems just one "compound" and one "wax" is a pretty general start to gauge the success of the system first or is this really all that is needed?
At the risk of sounding a bit abrupt, you really should read through the reviews on this product - answers to all over your questions have been answered several times. But in short, yes, the Finishing Wax is a cleaner type wax, especially when coupled with the microfiber Finishing Disc, and it will very quickly clean up even the worst haze left by the compound and cutting disc.

Marc08EX
Feb 20th, 2011, 09:25 PM
As long as it's not a long fingered hook & loop you'll be fine.

What is the fingered hook and loop? I currently have the 5" LC backing plate. (http://www.autogeek.net/lc43125.html) Will this work with the Meg's MF pads? It says it's hook and loop but it doesn't say fingered.

Sorry for the newbie question

RonDee
Feb 22nd, 2011, 05:25 PM
I have a Meguiars G110. I am not a professional and I am just curious what size pad is recommended for me to get with this system (5" or 6"). I will just be using it on my kids cars as well as my car (small SUV).

Thanks

Michael Stoops
Feb 23rd, 2011, 07:50 AM
If you have the G110 then you should have the W67DA backing plate that shipped with it. The 5" pads (5.5" in reality) are the discs you want with that backing plate.

OhioCarBuff
Feb 23rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
Should we use the 3.37" diameter discs for the S3HP hand tool? I usually use this tool in nook and cranny areas by hand that the machine is too big for and it works perfect for this. I'm just curious how much "passion" you need to use with these products by hand in your experience

Michael Stoops
Feb 23rd, 2011, 02:54 PM
The S3HP works great with the 3.37" MF Discs. How much passion, as always, is going to be dictated by the severity of the defects and the hardness of the paint. Treat this combination basically the same as you done in the past and adjust accordingly. Interestingly, hand application tends to impart less marring than D/A application, especially on very delicate paint.

imacarnut
Feb 23rd, 2011, 03:14 PM
Hey Mike or Anyone else who would like to chime in, would this air compressor work good enough to blow out the microfiber discs? I don't want to spend a lot of money on one (maybe $100 tops), and I don't intend to use it with air tools. Just occasionally checking to make sure my car and the families tires are always inflated to the proper air pressure (i check them every months or so) and a few other things among using them with the microfiber discs. I always get 20% off coupons in the AW, motortrend magazines as well, which would bring it to around $48 plus tax. Or this junk?

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-gallon-100-psi-oilless-pancake-air-compressor-95275.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_9245.jpg

DetailFreak517
Feb 23rd, 2011, 08:40 PM
That little compressor should be perfect if all you plan to use it for is a blow gun to clean pads and/or filling up tires.

Kman
Feb 27th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Does this microfiber system work well with the G100 (7335) DA? Are the speed settings the same as the G110 (4 for cutting, 3 for applying wax)?

StevoX
Feb 27th, 2011, 11:40 PM
If I wanted to, could I follow this with ultimate wax or nxt? Which one would be better, or is it redundant?

Michael Stoops
Feb 28th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Does this microfiber system work well with the G100 (7335) DA? Are the speed settings the same as the G110 (4 for cutting, 3 for applying wax)?
The G100 and "original" Porter Cable tools run at lower speeds, so you'll want to compound at speed 5 (4780 opm on these tools) and finish wax at speed 4 or slightly above (3280 opm)

If I wanted to, could I follow this with ultimate wax or nxt? Which one would be better, or is it redundant?
Yes, you absolutely can apply either of those over the final process. Either will provide longer lasting protection than the Finishing Wax alone, so it's not really redundant - it's more of an "enhancement".

CHzo6
Mar 1st, 2011, 08:57 AM
So is following the cutting compound with the finishing wax and finishing pad a must? Or can you go from the cutting compound and pad to a foam finishing pad with UW or NXT 2.0?

Mister B
Mar 1st, 2011, 09:12 AM
So is following the cutting compound with the finishing wax and finishing pad a must? Or can you go from the cutting compound and pad to a foam finishing pad with UW or NXT 2.0?

I do not know if it is a must, but I believe it is Meguiar's recommendation with this new system. It all depends on how the paint reacts, though. If after your done with the compounding step and you are happy with the look of the paint finish, I don't see why you could not go straight to UW or NXT2.0. If your not happy with the finish, go to the finishing wax step.

Nick Chapman did this VIPER (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48039&highlight=viper) with the cutting compound only and then went straight to wax.

davey g-force
Mar 1st, 2011, 11:53 AM
:iagree: But from what I've read, that Viper was an exception, not the rule.

It all depends how the paint finishes out after the compounding step. If by chance there's no hazing, then there's no reason why you can't just go straight to your LSP.

Markus Kleis
Mar 1st, 2011, 12:21 PM

The system (as the name implies) is not intended to be a single step (compound) followed by a pure wax/sealant, as the compound wasn't developed with that in mind.

That said, in *SOME* cases you may find that it finishes so well going straight to a non-abrasive wax will work, but generally speaking, there is more refinement to be gained by using the second step of the system as it has polishing agents that further refine the surface.

Michael Stoops
Mar 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
:iagree: But from what I've read, that Viper was an exception, not the rule.

It all depends how the paint finishes out after the compounding step. If by chance there's no hazing, then there's no reason why you can't just go straight to your LSP.

100% spot on, on all counts. That Viper was an oddball for sure, and we don't expect to see that happen very often at all. But if it does, then lucky you!

Mister B
Mar 1st, 2011, 02:47 PM
I also agree, and that is what I said.

It all depends on how the paint reacts

By posting the example of the Viper Nick did, I did not mean it to sound like it will always happen.

Michael Stoops
Mar 1st, 2011, 03:53 PM
I also agree, and that is what I said.

By posting the example of the Viper Nick did, I did not mean it to sound like it will always happen.

Understood, and we completely agree with you. You said it first, Davey G-Force agreed with you and reinforced it, and I just backed you both up.

When a question like the one CHzo6 asked is brought up, it's a good idea to really reinforce the answer, especially with a new product like this that really is a bit unusual.

Pro01
Mar 2nd, 2011, 04:02 PM
wanna ask something..maybe OOT..is this system available in Malaysia or Singapore??

Michael Stoops
Mar 2nd, 2011, 04:16 PM
wanna ask something..maybe OOT..is this system available in Malaysia or Singapore??

Not yet - it's just been launched here in the States with initial orders recently fulfilled. It will be making its way to Europe and Asia eventually, however.

Pro01
Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
:'(..

wanna get my hands on 'em real bad..:(

:D

Mister B
Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
:'(..

wanna get my hands on 'em real bad..:(

:D

Order from Autogeek.net. I am pretty sure they ship internationally. I do not know what shipping would cost, though.

Pro01
Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:50 PM
can MeguiarsDirect send em to Indonesia???:D:D:D

Pro01
Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Order from Autogeek.net. I am pretty sure they ship internationally. I do not know what shipping would cost, though.

i'll try it..but i'm afraid the shipping costs much more than the product itself..:(

Mister B
Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:57 PM
i'll try it..but i'm afraid the shipping costs much more than the product itself..:(

Yea, that is probably a good possibility.

It might be worth looking into though depending on how long you want to wait for it to become available in your country.

Mister B
Mar 3rd, 2011, 08:36 AM
I've got the goods.... :D

I received the new DA Microfiber Correction System today. Now I just need the weather to warm up a bit so I can get out into the garage and give it a whirl. :woot2

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1760/DA_MF_System_1.JPG

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1760/DA_MF_System_2.JPG

TKDDAD
Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:08 AM
ordered mine yesterday and should be here in a week or so....super excited to try it out once the weather gets a bit warmer...everything I've read says this is THE system to use so, we'll see...I've been very happy with what I've been doing on my black car using the standard products; PC with foam pads and #80, 83 etc etc...if I can see the same or better results with these products and take less time doing it, I'd be thrilled. :dp::dp:

Kman
Mar 3rd, 2011, 05:04 PM
Mine came in today from ADS. The finishing wax smells good but the compound is going to mess with my allergies.

CHzo6
Mar 5th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Anyone know when the 16oz self-cleaning bottles will be available for purchase? They look great for using with lots of other Meguiar's products!

Jossy92
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:48 AM
can MeguiarsDirect send em to Indonesia???:D:D:D

Perhaps a "forwarding company" would have cheaper, slower means of shipping?
:dunno

From ADS:
We do not ship outside of the USA. If you are visiting the USA, have a forwarding company or a relative/friend inside the US you can use our shopping cart. ...

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/meguiars-da-microfiber-kit-builder.html

superchargedg
Mar 10th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Ive been reading that it dosent work to well with the Flex 3401....so has anyone here had any exp with the system and the Flex.

Mister B
Mar 10th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Ive been reading that it dosent work to well with the Flex 3401....so has anyone here had any exp with the system and the Flex.

Nick has used it with the Flex.

Nick's Microfiber System words of ancient wisdom... (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47914&highlight=flex)

Andrew Wilson
Mar 10th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Anyone know when the 16oz self-cleaning bottles will be available for purchase? They look great for using with lots of other Meguiar's products!

They will be available soon? If I knew the date I'd tell you, but soon the best I can do!

Diesel_Man
Mar 11th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I know people use the d300 compound, and have used 105 with this system, but has anybody tried UC with the microfiber pad, I was interested in seeing if anybody has tried this combo?

9C1 MAN
Mar 12th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Wow can;t wait to get this....

chessplayer
Mar 13th, 2011, 03:45 AM
kool i have to give these products a shot

Andrew Wilson
Mar 14th, 2011, 07:25 AM
I know people use the d300 compound, and have used 105 with this system, but has anybody tried UC with the microfiber pad, I was interested in seeing if anybody has tried this combo?

Ultimate Compound will have very similar results to M105. They are based off of the same technology.

chott
Mar 20th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Hello, i`m realy looking forward to try the new DA microfiber correction system.
I have read some of the threads regarding this system, and it seams to work so great.
Normaly i use a rotery polisher on the cars i detail, but this new DA system could save me some time.:woohoo1
I have some Q`s:

1. The DA system works best when you use the correction compound and finshingwax together. But could i apply a second layer with carnuba wax (Swissvax, Zymol etc). and expect it to bond/work with the finishing wax?

2. Or is it better to use Meguiars #80 or # 205 with the DA finishing microfiber when using carnuba waxes?

Michael Stoops
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:59 AM
chott, you should be able to use virtually any wax on top of the D301 Finishing Wax. If you have any doubts at all, however, give it a quick IPA wipedown prior to applying your wax of choice.

chott
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:50 AM
chott, you should be able to use virtually any wax on top of the D301 Finishing Wax. If you have any doubts at all, however, give it a quick IPA wipedown prior to applying your wax of choice.

Nice, thank you. :xyxthumbs

audionutmike
Mar 25th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Jeff and I just picked up our kit and are ready to try it out on a Black Fusion that we have lined up. I'm sure our backs will like not fighting with the rotaries!!

RonDee
Mar 25th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Can the new D/A microfiber system be used to get rid of water spots on soft paint (Acura TL)?

Thanks

Nova5
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:02 PM
can Cleaner wax and NXT 2.0 be used with the microfiber pads? or should one stick to foam with those?

Mr Miyagi
Apr 13th, 2011, 07:55 PM
This variety of pad sizes makes the DA Microfiber Correction System compatible with a wide range of popular tools:

DMC3/DMF3 pads: Mini air tools, Metabo SXE400
DMC5/DMF5 pads: DA buffers such as Meguiar's G110v2, G110, G100, Porter Cable 7424, 7336, 7424XP, Griot's Garage 6"
DMC6/DMF6 pads: Pneumatic DA buffers, Flex 3401, Festool, etc

Will the 3" backing plate work with the Griot's Garage 3" machine?

smack
Apr 13th, 2011, 08:04 PM
can Cleaner wax and NXT 2.0 be used with the microfiber pads? or should one stick to foam with those?

DA 301 will take the place of cleaner wax on the D/A finishing pad. NXT will be best by hand or the foam soft buff pads.

Michael Stoops
Apr 14th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Can the new D/A microfiber system be used to get rid of water spots on soft paint (Acura TL)?

Thanks
Yes, it can, but you may experience some hazing from the compound step. If you do, don't panic as the Finishing Wax does an outstanding job of removing that haze when it does appear.

Any cleaner wax will likely work well with the finishing disc as the bit of cut provided by that disc could actually help you out. For non cleaner waxes like NXT, Gold Class, M21, M26 etc you're going to be better off with a foam finishing pad.

Will the 3" backing plate work with the Griot's Garage 3" machine?
Yes, it will. It uses the same thread size as the larger backing plates so it's compatible with all the popular DA tools available - Meguiar's, Porter Cable, Griot's and similar.

Mr Miyagi
Apr 15th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Anybody know if the cutting product is safe to be used on a clear bra?

goone
Apr 16th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Anyone have the velcro backing system torn from the cutting pad? I only used it twice but today the pad just flew off my Griot DA, speed when used was at 4.

robpp
Apr 17th, 2011, 01:16 PM
i cant seem to find the pad brush available anywhere........

Part # WPCB

anyone have a link?

or is this the same as the orange handle EDGE brush available from autogeek?

Mr Miyagi
Apr 17th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Is the W-64DA backing plate appropriate for the 5" pads?

Michael Stoops
Apr 18th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Is the W-64DA backing plate appropriate for the 5" pads?

Yes, that will be fine - it's just our older, multi piece backing plate.

pizzano
Apr 28th, 2011, 10:50 PM
My 2 cents worth:

Works fine, pleased with the results, only had one compounding pad come apart as mentioned in another post (included my thoughts of why it did so). Cant beat the clean up with air, and the price for the polish is very reasonable, Although as suspected I did have to revert back to foam pads and 105/205 on some corrections that the micro just would not correct.

Overall Happy with results, saves time and product on them 2/3 step corrections, still have to bring the big guns out for the 5 step corrections though, which is to be expected.

Good job developing.:worship

G&K Paint Correction Team

wig
May 15th, 2011, 07:23 PM
This is great news! This will be part of my arsenal and I'll have to read every post now.

WigScottwax2

Final Touch
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:46 AM
I finally got my hot little hands on this system today and tomorrow I have just the vehicle to try it out on. Adventador here I come... (umm... must admit I tried a couple of test spots with the system this afternoon on a couple of vehicles. I'm not really brave enough to test it cold on a Lamborghini)

davey g-force
Jun 7th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Adventador here I come...

:eek: :drool1 :showpics:

Final Touch
Jun 8th, 2011, 03:42 AM
I must say I'm impressed with the system, Ideally I'd have liked to have spent a bit more time working with it before ripping into such a car with it but I figure sometimes the opportunity is too good to pass up.
One thing I have to say is that I hope the finish is actually as good as it looked under lights today because the car is off to the Melbourne (Australian) Motor Show in a week or so and I didn't get a chance to check it under natural light outside.
There was quite a lot of damaged paintwork around it, mostly from shipping and things rubbing against it. I guess it's had a lot of people admiring it so some wear and tear was bound to occur.
Some areas were really quite bad especially around the doors. Goodness knows what had caused this but it was actually really deep.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b225/GordonMck/019.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b225/GordonMck/027.jpg

The DA system seemed to make a pretty nice job of it though and the customers were very happy with the finished result. It's difficult to say how much time it saved over the older methods as cars like this always take a long time but it seemed very efficient and I loved having no sling or dust to contend with afterwards.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b225/GordonMck/044.jpg

I can't flood the internet with photos, as I don't want to upset my customers but I'll put a couple of shots up because these cars are a detailers dream. There are reflective surfaces bouncing off in every direction and lost of hard edges so it's also the perfect vehicle for a system such as the DA system.

The bonnet alone has about 10 different angles going on.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b225/GordonMck/047.jpg

As does the back, there are lots of areas where the 3" pads are very useful but I found I was able to get at most areas quite well with the 6" and my Makita. The panels are mostly pretty flat but theres a lot of edges. Anyone who ever suggested that these cars are a bit boring just hadn't seen one yet.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b225/GordonMck/075.jpg
Last shot because I just cant resist. This is an incredible car and I hope to be able to do a full write up on one of them some time soon.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b225/GordonMck/080.jpg

Oh I've got to say I LOVE the new DA Wax, 1 Pass wipedown is awesome. Stage 2 was wiped off clean on this car in about 4 minutes.
Ultimate wax finished it off.

maxpower
Jun 8th, 2011, 06:48 AM
are the recommended speed settings 4800 (4) and 3800 (3) on the Megs DA the same as the CP DA settings of 4 and 3?

davey g-force
Jun 8th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Final Touch - Awseome Pics! Thanks for sharing.

I thought the Aventador was still a concept car? Was it in NZ for a car show or something? You're a lucky man for getting to work on it... :xyxthumbs

abbeystump
Jun 8th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Very nice.I have the same product landing in Australia next week.Im new to this so I have lined up a test car to compare the different Maguire products.

Markus Kleis
Jun 8th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Final Touch - Awseome Pics! Thanks for sharing.

I thought the Aventador was still a concept car? Was it in NZ for a car show or something? You're a lucky man for getting to work on it... :xyxthumbs

Aventador is on-sale around the world now :)

Final Touch
Jun 9th, 2011, 01:34 AM
That car was flown to NZ for the official launch tonight, it will be on display for a few days after the official unveiling so that thay can take orders before it heads of to Melbourne in a week or so.
I heard we have a few arriving for customer delivery in a month or so and that we'll probably be asked to ensure they look the part for their new owners before delivery. Exciting times.

Working with the DA system today (on a Toyota Yaris - yes a world apart from the Lambo) and I really came to understand that it is a system where less really is more. It is so easy to use too much product and the system really doesn't like it when you do. I found that the pad clogged up and bounced around a lot as soon as I overloaded it but workd great when I cleaned it out again. It's a bit counter-intuitive but a small amount of product actually does a lot more correcting.
Not having to clean up dust etc.. saves so much time and extra work - I love it

BillE
Jun 9th, 2011, 03:24 AM
Hijack...

Where have I been to not know about the Aventador? That is one fine lookin' car!

Bill

revi
Jun 11th, 2011, 08:04 PM
i use the DA at work on my own car and wow it looks like its new the car is 98 ford expo and its looks good .. Revi from south gate

bernard78
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:49 AM
The current pad selection does work with the Cyclo, you just need to source different backing plates for that tool to accommodate our 3.37" pads.

At the risk of sounding a bit abrupt, you really should read through the reviews on this product - answers to all over your questions have been answered several times. But in short, yes, the Finishing Wax is a cleaner type wax, especially when coupled with the microfiber Finishing Disc, and it will very quickly clean up even the worst haze left by the compound and cutting disc.

Does the D301 Finishing Wax uses SMAT Abrasives too? Or its just a chemical cleaner wax type? Thks. :wavey

Andrew Wilson
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:54 PM
SMAT Abrasives.

y2j514
Jul 18th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Quick question. I'm planning on buying the G110V2 and the Microfiber pads. Does the backing plate supplied with the G110V2 work with the microfiber pads? Autogeek says the G110V2 comes with "Meguiars W68DA Soft Buff 2.0 DA Backing Plate" and that is not listed in this article. Do I need to buy a new backing plate? What size works with the G110V2 and what is required to make it work? Autogeek says its a 6" polisher, but this article says the 5" pads are perfect for the G110V2. If I want to use a 3" pad for the pillars, I assume I need a different backing plate.

As always, any help is appreciated!

Marc08EX
Jul 18th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Quick question. I'm planning on buying the G110V2 and the Microfiber pads. Does the backing plate supplied with the G110V2 work with the microfiber pads? Autogeek says the G110V2 comes with "Meguiars W68DA Soft Buff 2.0 DA Backing Plate" and that is not listed in this article. Do I need to buy a new backing plate? What size works with the G110V2 and what is required to make it work? Autogeek says its a 6" polisher, but this article says the 5" pads are perfect for the G110V2. If I want to use a 3" pad for the pillars, I assume I need a different backing plate.

As always, any help is appreciated!

The W68DA will not work with the microfiber system. You need to get new backing plates.

3" MF Pads: S3BP Backing Plate
5" MF Pads: W67DA Backing Plate (http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+W67DA)
6" MF Pads: S6BP Backing Plate

y2j514
Jul 18th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the speedy reply. Man was it hard to find a place that had the DA, DMC5, DMF5 and the W67DA in stock and ship to Canada. Ebay failed me, amazon failed me, autogeek failed me. Had to order G110V2 from autogeek, along with the DMC5 and DMF5, and order the backing plate from an ebay seller I bought some meguiars stuff off of in the past. Amazon wanted $25 to ship the backing plate!!!

I'm so excited to get the stuff, hope the Canada Post strike/slow mail clears up. I recently did a full detail on my car, only for a truck to back into it while it was parked. I told the repair shop not to touch the rest of the car - and of course they did. Swirls and hologram galore again! UGH!!! It's killing me!

benjoesteban
Oct 30th, 2011, 06:42 PM
hi guys i do have g220 and i bought the 5" correction kit last time and it did a great result but it s hard for me to finish the entire car faster. can i save time on the 6" correction pad? are their cutting ability the same?

Marc08EX
Oct 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM
hi guys i do have g220 and i bought the 5" correction kit last time and it did a great result but it s hard for me to finish the entire car faster. can i save time on the 6" correction pad? are their cutting ability the same?

I would stick with the 5" kit for your D/A. That pad size was specifically designed for the D/A's oscillating action. The 6" should be mainly used for the Flex 3401 or Pneumatic sanders.

benjoesteban
Oct 31st, 2011, 11:15 AM
ah.. okey thanks bro. i'm planning to buy another d.a. (meguiars g220v2). what pad should i buy? a 5" or 6" correction kit?

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 11:27 AM
ah.. okey thanks bro. i'm planning to buy another d.a. (meguiars g220v2). what pad should i buy? a 5" or 6" correction kit?You definitely want the 5" system with a traditional style DA. That's what the whole system was engineered around for optimum performance: 5" discs on a G110v2 (G220v2 in your part of the world) at speed 4 (4800 opm) for cutting and speed 3 (3800 opm) for finishing.

benjoesteban
Oct 31st, 2011, 07:11 PM
wow thanks sir mike for your quick reply... I'm a bit confused what to order coz meguiars philippines were using the 6" on a g220v2 on my training on Mf correction system.

timmy8151
Nov 13th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Noobie here. Used the DA Microfiber System on my car with great results. Quick question. I've read that these pads are machine washable. What's the best procedure for machine washing the DA pads?

Michael Stoops
Nov 14th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Toss 'em in the washer and dryer along with your microfiber towels. Liquid laundry detergent, warm wash, cold rinse, then dry on low heat and you'll be good to go. As always, no fabric softener and no dryer sheets when cleaning microfiber materials.

June Kim
Nov 24th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Hi,
English is my second language.
Referring to DA Microfiber Correction System, I am hard of hearing one sentence..
This section 4:35~4:39 : This specially engineered microfiber pad allows you to refine surface to high gloss while(?) a wine(?) protection.
Please help me.

wifpd4
Nov 24th, 2011, 07:44 PM
"...refine the surface to a higher gloss, while applying protection."

June Kim
Nov 24th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Thank you.
Now I can hear the full sentence. Interesting ! :chuckle1

STRIFE
Jun 4th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Does anyone have good results with the MF finishing pads and M66, or is M66 better with the foam finishing pads.
I bought a ton of both MF & foam pads, picked up a gallon of M66 real cheap....just want to help out my friends with their cars.

Michael Stoops
Jun 5th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Phil, if you've got a selection of pads, both foam and microfiber, and a gallon of M66 plus a selection of cars to work on, we recommending the following:

Do a test spot on each car.

But you knew that already, didn't you? Sure you did! You just never know how a given car is going to react to any input until you try it. Some paints may respond beautifully to a combo while another hates it, or doesn't respond at all.

We know you've seen this thread (Megs D151 MF or foam pads on OEM paint. (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?54797-Megs-D151-MF-or-foam-pads-on-OEM-paint)) discussion D151/MF pads and the results Shawn T got with that combo. Odds are, in some cases, you can do the same with M66

STRIFE
Jun 5th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks Michael, yes sir, i learn'd a lot from everyone here, I saw all the vids, read all the threads....I had great results on Nissan & Mazda paints with my 7" Megs foam pads....just dying to use my 5" Megs MF pads

davepl
Jun 22nd, 2012, 08:50 AM
I just ordered a G110v2 that states it includes the W68DA soft buff backing plate as well as the 5-inch MF Correction System "Kit". With all the talk of different pads and backing plates, I'm a little concerned as to whether I have everything I need.

Can anyone chime in as to whether I need anything else to use the Microfiber Correction kit, or does the above have it covered?

Thanks!

davey g-force
Jun 24th, 2012, 01:45 PM
^^ Depends if the "kit" you're referring to contains a W67DA backing plate. If not, you should get one, since the W68DA is not recommended for the MF Correction System.

davepl
Jun 25th, 2012, 02:59 PM
^^ Depends if the "kit" you're referring to contains a W67DA backing plate. If not, you should get one, since the W68DA is not recommended for the MF Correction System.

That's sort of the question. The DMCKIT5 includes a "Backing plate" but the Meguiar's website doesn't say -what- backing plate. Neither does Amazon. It's a little frustrating that their own polisher includes the "wrong" plate and the kit doesn't say -what- plate it includes.

Marc08EX
Jun 25th, 2012, 03:19 PM
That's sort of the question. The DMCKIT5 includes a "Backing plate" but the Meguiar's website doesn't say -what- backing plate. Neither does Amazon. It's a little frustrating that their own polisher includes the "wrong" plate and the kit doesn't say -what- plate it includes.

The 5" Microfiber Correction kit includes the W67DA, which is the correct backing plate for the 5" microfiber discs. The 6" Microfiber Correction kit includes the S6BP, which is the correct backing plate for the 6" microfiber discs.

The backing plate included in the G110v2 is the W68DA, which is the appropriate backing plate for the Softbuff 2.0 foam pads. Majority of the users will be using the foam pad so it's just right they included the W68DA backing plate. In addition, when the G110v2 was released, the MF system wasn't released yet. The MF system just came out recently.

STEALTH K3
Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:07 PM
I will be using this of the next few days

Michael Stoops
Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:43 AM
Well, logic dictates that the backing plate included with the DMCKIT5 is the correct backing plate for use with the microfiber pads. It would obviously be ridiculous of us to include an incompatible backing plate with the kit. Our G110v2 ships with the W68DA backing plate, which is designed for use with our Soft Buff 2.0 pads, a system that predates the microfiber system by many, many years. Foam pads are still used much more commonly than microfiber pads, so it makes sense that we ship the tool with that backing plate. For the extreme majority of users, it is definitely the "right" plate.

Homer
Sep 11th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Hey Mike,

Does the Cutting Disc usually finish LSP ready? Should I get just a couple of Finishing Discs and a small bottle of D301 and get a larger bottle of D300 and more Cutting Discs?

Michael Stoops
Sep 18th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Hey Mike,

Does the Cutting Disc usually finish LSP ready? Should I get just a couple of Finishing Discs and a small bottle of D301 and get a larger bottle of D300 and more Cutting Discs?
It really depends on the paint as this is quite an aggressive system. If you don't need something this aggressive then you're probably better off sticking with UC on a foam pad for correction. A very common method of mixing the DAMF System with foam is to do the heavy correction with D300 on a cutting disc, then moving to M205 on a foam finishing pad before applying a favorite wax or sealant.

But even if you stick within the DAMF System itself you're always going to use more D300 than D301, and you'll go through the cutting discs faster than you will the finishing discs, all because of how much more aggressively you use them.

dieselracer
Oct 4th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I was wondering if the DAMF pads can be used with the 105 and the 205? If so how would they work. I am in the market for new pads, and have plenty of 105 and 205 in stock. So thinking of getting the DAMF backing plate and pads only. As I am on a budget right now. How do you think that would work? In cutting ability, product only. Which cuts more? the 105 or the D300? Thank you.

davey g-force
Oct 4th, 2012, 04:18 PM
^^ The official word from Meguiars would be that the DAMF system was deigned to be used with D300 / D301 and experiment if you wish but at your own risk.

Having said that, I have seen many people on here and another forum use 105 / 205 with the DAMF with great results (more so M105). It just gives 105 / 205 extra cut if/when you need it.

105 has more cut than D300.

jarred767
Oct 4th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I haven't tried that combo yet, but I have also read that people have gotten really good results with M105 and a cutting disc, and I assume that 205 with the finishing disc would probably work quite well too, just know that you'll obviously have to add a wax so you will be adding a step to process.

On a side note, what kind of life do people get out of the cutting discs? I thought I had read somewhere that they hold up quite well, but I had two that the foam is coming away from the Velcro already and I've only used then each on one full car (well actually two half cars each as I did two cars with them and used each pad for only half the car). I can't believe that this is normal, and I have other ones that have lasted longer. Is there something that I could have done that would have caused this on these two?

Michael Stoops
Oct 5th, 2012, 07:35 AM
As Davey points out, the whole DA Microfiber System was really developed as just that - a system. But that doesn't mean you can never experiment and try to mix and match liquids and pads to your heart's content! M105 tends to work extremely well on the microfiber cutting disc, but it will create dust where D300 won't. Maybe that's a concern to you, maybe not. But we've seen all kinds of mixing and matching going on - as paint varies so does the exact mix that yields the best results. There is certainly no harm in trying the microfiber disc with M105 and you can always pick up some D300 later on if you so desire. On the flip side, we've also seen D300 work great on a foam pad in cases where the microfiber was too aggressive on more delicate paint.

On a side note, what kind of life do people get out of the cutting discs? I thought I had read somewhere that they hold up quite well, but I had two that the foam is coming away from the Velcro already and I've only used then each on one full car (well actually two half cars each as I did two cars with them and used each pad for only half the car). I can't believe that this is normal, and I have other ones that have lasted longer. Is there something that I could have done that would have caused this on these two?Jarred, the microfiber discs generally have a very long lifespan but we have had some instances of premature failure. By all means, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Center at 800.347.5700 for a warranty replacement of a failed or defective item. We'll take care of you.

It's also a good idea to use at least a bit of caution when removing the microfiber discs from the backing plate. Rather than pulling up just on the microfiber portion of the disc, grab the entire thickness so that you're directly pulling on the foam to pull it off the hook and loop attachment system.

DON'T do this:
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1689/medium/DA_microfiber_0086.JPG

DO this.
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1689/medium/DA_microfiber_0085.JPG

jarred767
Oct 6th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks Mike, those pictures have been etched in my mind since first seeing them on here before ever using the DAMF system, so I am very careful with removal of the pads. Like I mentioned, other MF pads have held up well for me, so these two may have been somehow defective or something like you mentioned. I'll give customer service a call on Monday and see what they have to say, and get it all figured out. Thanks again for the help.

imacarnut
Oct 30th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Is there anyway to differentiate the rolling change of the current DA Microfiber Pads to older ones?