PDA

View Full Version : Where Do You Buy Your Detailing Materials

Andrew C.
Mar 1st, 2011, 11:04 AM
What type of store?

smack
Mar 1st, 2011, 11:05 AM
I use mostly the consumer line. I get almost all my products from Walmart.

greg0303
Mar 1st, 2011, 11:08 AM
Consumer Line - WalMart.

Mirror Glaze/ Detailer - AutoGeek or ADS.

smack
Mar 1st, 2011, 11:18 AM
+1 on what Greg just said. Same here.

Shawn T.
Mar 1st, 2011, 11:21 AM
I buy from the places that give me the best deals and where I get gift certificates (i.e. Amazon)

consumer---Walmart
professional----ADS
Misc.----Amazon

Andy M.
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:05 PM
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/images/mol_custom/meguiarsdotcom_link.gif (http://www.meguiars.com/)

just sayin........... lol

click the picture........

RDVT4ME
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Get most of my stuff from Rick at ADS. Amazing service. Put in an order recently. Placed order at 2:00 p.m. on Monday.....package arrived at my door Tuesday afternoon!

PursuitSE
May 11th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I mostly order online from ADS and have it shipped to family. This way I save a lot of money, almost cut my invoice in half or more everytime ! Now that the canadian dollar is worth more than the US, it's even more money saved for me.
Detailing stuff is very expensive in Canada.

THE BIG BUFFER
May 11th, 2011, 11:02 AM
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/images/mol_custom/meguiarsdotcom_link.gif (http://www.meguiars.com/)

just sayin........... lol

click the picture........

Only good if you live in the good ol' US of A. Alot of us don't. Just saying.....

I have no choice but to use Walmart, and Canadian Tire. I'd rather not but what can I do. Online stores (Canadian) are limited to what they carry and to buy from the US..well we get killed on shipping. E-Shine is great for the amount of product they carry of Megs. I've just recently swiched to LC pads because I can't get Megs ones anymore. Which ***** because I don't like the LC pads now that I've tried them.

STRIFE
May 11th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I used to order all the time from Amazon.com....started to order stuff from Autogeek & ADS as I like a lot of their stuff they carried.
Right now I'd say I'm about 90% AG & ADS and only 5% Amazon & 5% Walmart/Can Tire.....

aris
May 13th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Most of my products is from autogeek

Jossy92
May 13th, 2011, 02:52 PM
ADS. Don't have to worry about quality. Service keeps me coming back.

aris
May 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM
ADS. Don't have to worry about quality. Service keeps me coming back.

I've tryed to order from ADS but they will not ship to Canada so I am stuck buying from autogeek

CAShine
May 13th, 2011, 03:44 PM
generally online, but sometimes i will grab any last minute items at walmart or pepboys

Jossy92
May 14th, 2011, 05:37 AM
I've tryed to order from ADS but they will not ship to Canada so I am stuck buying from autogeek

Autogeek is a "go to" favorite too. I just like "family" run businesses in the current economy.

GusTTavoMX
May 14th, 2011, 09:02 AM
since Im in Mexico, Meguiars are sooo expensive here (twice at least) so I buy from autogeek, ship to USA address, car border cross, then internal shipping. Thats logistics!!

tcope1
May 14th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I still like detailing.com for a lot of products. Their prices tend to be lower then many other places on many products. There is on "online site" that I won't shop at... it plasters their site that they will match any price... but they clearly don't. Just offer the lowest prices... don't make people work to get the price lowered to what others already charge. If that is the case, I'll shop the place that already has the lower price.

PursuitSE
May 16th, 2011, 06:18 AM
I made an order from ADS yesterday. It seems to me like the prices were higher than they used to be last year. Detailing.com were cheaper on several items, but I was not able to get the CCS 5,5" pads I wanted. The biggest difference was the gallon of Last Touch. It was 4$ cheaper from Detailing.com.

CaliforniaBoy5
May 16th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Lucky for me, I am local to Detailing.com so I go there :)

Marc08EX
May 16th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I always buy my stuff mostly from Autogeek... If I need something very quick then I go to Walmart.