PDA

View Full Version : NXT Metal Polish...

gb387
Mar 30th, 2004, 02:36 PM
For those working at Meguiars on this board, Mike or anyone else... will you please let us know as soon as the NXT metal polish is avaliable? I know its a month or so away but the day you can order it let us know.... I am in need of some metal polish but I am waiting for the NXT version to come out. Are there any samples out there?

Thanks in advance!

Mar 30th, 2004, 03:08 PM
yes!:iagree: is this safe for clearcoated metal?

Vulturetec
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:43 PM
If it's clearcoated just treat it like paint! If you use a real metal polish you'll just destroy the clearcoat.

I just polished a stainless steel luggage rack with Flitz, parts of it I used a polishing wheel with various compounds - then went over the whole thing with NXT. Looked and felt great when it was done.

tguil
Apr 2nd, 2004, 05:09 PM
Vulturetec,

What do you think Flitz? I've been thinking about using it on my non-cleared polished aluminum wheels.

Tom :cool:

Totoland Mach
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:21 PM
I am currently using Mother's Billet polish followed by NXT Tech wax on the inside/outside of these wheels. I too am waiting for the NXT Metal polish and will try that. The Tech wax helps with brake dust accumulation and road grime.

The wheels are Team III (Halibrand look-alikes) mounted on an '03 Mach 1.

Getting the car ready for the Mustang 40th Anniversary in Nashville in a couple of weeks.

Lynn Matthews
Apr 4th, 2004, 05:29 PM
It should be ready for shipment May 1st but we will defiantly let you know if it happens sooner.
:bounce
Lynn

gb387
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Its getting close... is NXT Metal Polish still on for May 1?

Need a special at the same time orders over $25.00 or so get free shipping! :bigups

Rockpick
Apr 24th, 2004, 07:17 PM
I'm not sure if it's still set for early May but, it's going to be very soon...

RP :D

Blue Snake
May 4th, 2004, 03:08 PM
May 1st has come and gone. Any word on NXT Metal Polish?:confused:

Mike Phillips
May 4th, 2004, 09:28 PM
I'll check into it tomorrow. Our Super Moderator brought this to my attention also and I just couldn't break away from the Garage long enough to track down the right guy and get an update.

By the way, worked on a black Honda all day with Mike Pennington, our director of Training for an engineer from the Honda Corperation.

This car had a non-catalized clear coat and the paint was very soft and very difficult to buff out. Made for a long, hard day. It was an interesting day also.

The goal was to see if we kind dial in a system for correctiong paint defects, which we did. It really opened my eyes when we started using chemicals Meguiar's formulated for use at Polishing Decks at the OEM level. The stuff worked awesome. This engineer works specifially with the S-2000 and the NSX. I also thought it was interesting that when Honda was having issues with a particular paint type, they asked Meguair's to do see what could be done.

While I was out in the garage, one of the chemists, noticing the brand new Honda Pilot, asked if he could test some new products; I told him "Yes".

I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Mike

gb387
May 12th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Are we any closer?

Tim Lingor
May 13th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Hey,

I have emailed Mike asking if any further updates are availbale yet. I too am very anxious as I want to try it on my aluminum fishing boat! Here is a link to a detail I did on it last year:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=273

I figure that with the NXT Metal Polysh, my boat will act like one giant fish lure!! :db: :D

Tim

Mark McGuire
May 13th, 2004, 07:33 AM
You know what happened to Jona. Just stay out of the ocean!:db: :db: :D

Tim Lingor
May 17th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Mark McGuire
You know what happened to Jona. Just stay out of the ocean!:db: :db: :D

Yea, but what a way to go!!! :xyxthumbs Unfortunately, I would not be able to tell anyone.... :wall:

Tim

Tim Lingor
May 17th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Hey,

Just a follow up. Mike has been sooooooo busy lately that he has had hardly any time to breathe! As soon as I find out, I will post a reply. I too am REALLY anxious! :db:

Tim

Mike Phillips
May 18th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Bad news

The release of NXT Metal Polysh has been delayed. As soon as I hear when it will be released I will be sure to announce it.

Mike

gb387
Jun 8th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Is it any closer?

gb387
Aug 2nd, 2004, 04:47 AM
Lets give this a try again... Any more news?

Mike Phillips
Aug 2nd, 2004, 07:14 AM
I have just been updated via e-mail to the status of NXT Metal Polish. As of today, it is still not available.

As soon as it becomes available, an announcement will be made on the home page of Meguiar's Online.

Sorry...

Mike