PDA

View Full Version : rv detailing time!

dietoremain
May 6th, 2011, 01:55 PM
So my bud has a cab over camper and he wants me to help him wax it, what ya'll been using on these? i just got out my stuff and found my m21 has gone to poop and seperated.. got me some good m26, gold class, and m66, cant find it all at the moment though go figure.. been awhile.. so any tips or ideas im down..:)

Tuck91
May 6th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Out of all those you have M66 would be the best choice but I would pick up a cleaner/wax from the Marine/RV line.

I have used the M50 Cleaner Wax in both paste & liquid form with great results.

Andrew C.
May 6th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Well first things first. Before you go ahead and start using any Marine/RV Line products, you need to determine what type of paint is actually on the cab over camper. There is a chance it might be clear coated, just like your car, or it could be a gel coat. You only want to use the Marine/RV line if it is gel coat, otherwise stick to using the normal car care products.

As far as the cab over camper goes, what type of condition is it in? Any pictures? Is it oxidized, swirled, etc. What type of results are you looking to get?

Provide us with a little more information and we can get you set on the right track. :xyxthumbs

dietoremain
May 6th, 2011, 07:48 PM
thanks guys. its been awhile.. just gave the truck a clay and wax with some gold class and imma throw on another coat of m26 in a few mins.. ! She needed the love..

Anyway its not very old and its been taken care of, it sits under a cover all the time as well, so the sunlight is not direct on it, I will have to find out the details and see if its clearcoated.. i was wondering if they still used gelcoating.

:)