PDA

View Full Version : Old Meguiars carwash solutions

strader327
Jun 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Just curious, what are some of the older Meguiars car wash or wash and wax solutions that are no longer around? How did they perform and what did they SMELL like? :D Today as far as I know there is Goldclass wash, Deep Crystal wash, NXT wash, and most recently the Ultimate wash and wax. Did I include them all?

Murr1525
Jun 3rd, 2011, 02:54 PM
There's #00, #62, the Quick Suds strips (not great)....

strader327
Jun 3rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
Cool, does anyone have any old pics of these products?

Murr1525
Jun 3rd, 2011, 03:18 PM
Well, you can go to the store for #00 and #62.... ;)

strader327
Jun 3rd, 2011, 04:35 PM
Oh well than those two are not discontinued then. I was mostly wanting to discuss Meguiars car wash solutions that are no longer around. Ones that some people here still have bottles of just for collection purposes. Like on this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGOrIv20vxk&feature=fvst

Close to the beginning, they give a quick pan on the top Meguiars products of THAT time. And I remember seeing a small bottle of what almost looks like the Gold Class Car Wash, but it looked like it was either a different formula or under a different name. It's #53 if anyone remembers what it is or was. Also I was curious, what year did Meguiars first come out with a carwash solution? I assume back in the 1940s,50s, or even 60s and many people were just using dish or bar soap to wash cars right?

Tuck91
Jun 3rd, 2011, 04:41 PM
I remember the old Wash N Wax in the Detailer line but never used it.

ClearlyCoated
Jun 3rd, 2011, 07:47 PM
Just curious, what are some of the older Meguiars car wash or wash and wax solutions that are no longer around? How did they perform and what did they SMELL like? :D Today as far as I know there is Goldclass wash, Deep Crystal wash, NXT wash, and most recently the Ultimate wash and wax. Did I include them all?

Meguiars Product List.... (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18857)

strader327
Jun 3rd, 2011, 10:59 PM
Actually there is quite a bit of stuff that's left out on that list. Like "Fast Finish", "Poly Sealant system", and "Meguiars spray car wash".