PDA

View Full Version : NXT Cure Time

mis3
Jun 28th, 2004, 06:30 PM
NXT Cure Time? (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5052)

I am aware of the 12 hour cure time of the NXT tech wax.

My question is by cure time, does it mean I have to keep the car in a closed garage? I am sure I should not drive it if it's raining, how about driving the car is a nice, sunny day? Will the NXT cured during driving?

Tim Lingor
Jun 28th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Hey,

There should be no problem with driving it. It is only a problem if it rains, or if a person uses a QD before the curing is complete. Again, the curing time is only an estimate as there are many factors that can effect the process.

I would not worry about! :)

Tim

Mike Phillips
Jun 28th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by mis3
I am aware of the 12 hour cure time of the NXT tech wax.

My question is by cure time, does it mean I have to keep the car in a closed garage? I am sure I should not drive it if it's raining, how about driving the car is a nice, sunny day? Will the NXT cured during driving?

The idea behind waiting to apply a second coating is to allow a window-of-time to pass, to insure that all of the polymers have fully set-up. Anytime you introduce water or other liquids to the surface before the polymers have fully set-up you risk disrupting the polymers.

Some people cannot wait, or do not want to wait this long before applying a second coat, I know many times I don't have the luxury of time to wait until the next day to apply a second coat. If you are in this position, then it's completely fine to apply a second coat sooner. The 12 hour window of time is just a best case scenario for those people that want the maximum results possible. It's like giving the benefit of doubt to the process.

After applying the Tech Wax to your car's finish, it's perfectly fine to drive again in sunny weather. It's liquids you want to avoid for the first 12 hours for best possible results. I

mis3
Jun 29th, 2004, 10:08 AM
I see. So, I should plan the time so that the car should be kept in the garage for at least a few hours. Drive only if you don't have a choice.

You never know when you drive outside, maybe something stupid like a puddle of water or the windshield washer from a nearby car.

Mike Phillips
Jun 29th, 2004, 10:14 AM
If your want to do everything possible on your part to insure maximum results, then it definitely wouldn't hurt.

Mike

fiberrich
Jun 29th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Mike, good point about not constantly wiping the surface once the excess product is taken off!

I'm wondering what the pro detailers do regarding applying NXT to a customer’s car when they’re "on the clock". Time is money and they certainly can't wait 12-24 hours before applying a second coat.

Since time is of the essence, do the pro detailers just apply 1 coat of NXT or apply 2 coats with more like 10-15 wait time vs. 20 minute? I’m just curious.

Mike Phillips
Jun 29th, 2004, 12:42 PM
I'm pretty sure most Pro/Production oriented detailers only apply one coat and move one. If they do apply a second coat, then it's within minutes of applying the first coat.

The primary reason to apply a second coat is to,

Insure and even and thorough layer over the entire surface

The idea of applying two coats is not to create a second layer over the first layer, but to insure a uniform layer over the entire finish. The idea behind allowing some time to go by before applying the second coat is to allow the first set of polymers to fully set-up or bond to the finish.

Waiting till the next day or 12 hours to apply the second application is really something only the most serious of detailing enthusiasts would probably do in the first place. Meguiar’s calls these kinds of people Car Crazy because they are so passionate about they’re cars and they express this in doing things the normal person wouldn’t do, like waiting to put a second coat of wax on.

So please don’t think waiting hours to apply a second application is a necessary step, it’s not. It’s an optional step for those that want to maximize the depth, shine, richness and gloss that Tech Wax has to offer.

The average person is going to apply one coat and go. If they choose to apply a second coat, they will more than likely do this immediately after removing the second coat. Meguiar’s has always said that two thin coats are better than one thick coat no matter which wax you apply.

Mike

fiberrich
Jun 29th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Then I must be CAR CRAZY!:bigups And my car is a daily driver! :D

I agree it's an optional step, but I was just curious as some of the photos I've seen posted from you and others, who I know have limited time to spend on detailing a car, look absolutely great!

With your personal car, it's nice to have the option of applying that second coat after the polymers set-up in order to have the best looking car finish in town! :coolgleam

toyotaowner
Jun 29th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Hi everybody,

This is my first post. Anyways, I recently bought a new bottle of NXT Tech Wax after hearing much hype from commercials and reading them in magazines. After reading this, I have a certain question for you guys. I have only one garage & two cars. So it's either the Sienna or the Camry goes in. My wife wants the Sienna to be in the garage because it's new and nearly double the price of the Camry. So my Camry has been sitting outside everyday since last December.

Hearing that we would want that no liquid should touch the car within the firs 12 hours, I would like to know if dew could disturb the polymers. I usually start washing the car about 3:00pm and I usually start waxing (after making sure that the surface is flawless) around 5:30. By 6:30 tops, I'll be done. Then it would be outside overnight and dew would form unless I was really lucky and dew would not form that night.

So, could it affect it?

Mike Phillips
Jun 29th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Hi toyotaowner,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online! :welcome

I appreciate your question and think it has value, but I'm not sure how much more to the extreme we can get over introducing water and other liquids to freshly applied wax.

I guess in a perfect world, the surface would stay dry until the wax has completely set-up.

Will you notice a real-world difference because dew formed on your freshly applied coat of wax over night?

Probably not...

Welcome again to Meguiar's Online :wavey :wavey :wavey

toyotaowner
Jun 30th, 2004, 06:12 AM
I see your point. Maybe I'll try convincing the wife that one night with the new car outside won't hurt.

Thanks for answering.

Jun 30th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Don't forget, if you hold your mouth a certain way (different for everyone) then the NXT has been shown to cure 12.9%faster...just something to think about...:bigups :bigups

gb387
Oct 12th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Quote from Mike:
Another thing I notice once in a while at the clinic is for someone who has just applied Tech Wax, or any wax is to continually wipe the surface, you know, they have already removed the wax but they continue to keep wiping and polishing on the finish. This disrupts the polymer coating on the surface. Instead, wipe off the excess and leave it alone. When you continue to wipe the surface before the polymers have fully set-up, you are moving the polymer coating around, potentially moving it off the finish and onto you polishing cloth..

This is good to know... I will stop doing this! I do it everytime I wax my truck thinking its helping bring the shine out. Thanks!

fiberrich
Oct 12th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by gb387
This is good to know... I will stop doing this! I do it everytime I wax my truck thinking its helping bring the shine out. Thanks!

I think people continue to rub the finish because of the word "Buff" that some people (and companies) use.

e.g. After applying the wax, buff for maximum shine!

When other companies instructions say this, no where does it say how long or hard to "Buff" to get that maximum shine!

So, go with Meguiar's instructions and advise and just remove with a 100% cotton terry cloth or quality MF towel and stop once the product is removed. :)

tgara
Oct 16th, 2004, 03:39 AM
There should be no problem with driving it. It is only a problem if it rains, or if a person uses a QD before the curing is complete. Again, the curing time is only an estimate as there are many factors that can effect the process.

I would not worry about!

I think it is something to worry about if you want the best looking finish.

What I do is wash the car in the late afternoon when I'm not going out that evening. After I apply the NXT (done in the garage), I leave the car overnight in the garage so the NXT can set up.

scottlee
Oct 16th, 2004, 06:17 AM
i think NXT is the most amazing product to date, I seem to keep going out to look at the finish every hour or so after i have applied it and it might be just in my head, but every time i look the finish seems to be better and better, and i alsonotice at least a 25- 40% improvement after the second application, now, this may be in my head but i am amazed, and yes i am car crazy, but Meguiars make it easy to be crazy, thanks a million :db: :bounce :xyxthumbs

mirrorfinishman
Oct 16th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by fiberrich
I'm wondering what the pro detailers do regarding applying NXT to a customer’s car when they’re "on the clock". Time is money and they certainly can't wait 12-24 hours before applying a second coat.

Since time is of the essence, do the pro detailers just apply 1 coat of NXT or apply 2 coats with more like 10-15 wait time vs. 20 minute? I’m just curious.

I have applied back-to-back coats of NXT on many of my customers vehicles with very good results. I usually do this with black colored vehicles, especially black Corvettes. My thoughts about applying two coats is simply a matter of coverage not added durability.

Since almost all of my customers get their vehicles detailed at least three to four times a year, they are usually more concerned about the results, rather than how long the product will last.

mirrorfinishman
Oct 16th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by scottlee
i think NXT is the most amazing product to date, I seem to keep going out to look at the finish every hour or so after i have applied it and it might be just in my head, but every time i look the finish seems to be better and better, and i alsonotice at least a 25- 40% improvement after the second application, now, this may be in my head but i am amazed, and yes i am car crazy, but Meguiars make it easy to be crazy, thanks a million

You are not alone. I have been applying NXT to my own vehicles about once a month since last spring and even though people know I'm in the detailing business, I have received more compliments about my vehicles than ever before.

tgara
Oct 16th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Has anyone compared NXT to Klasse All in One or Sealant Glaze? I've never used the Klasse products, but I've heard they're great. How do they compare to NXT sealant?

I've been using NXT for several months now on my Lincoln LS and it is a wonderful product. Easy to use, and great results.

Boss_429
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by tgara
Has anyone compared NXT to Klasse All in One or Sealant Glaze? I've never used the Klasse products, but I've heard they're great. How do they compare to NXT sealant?

I've been using NXT for several months now on my Lincoln LS and it is a wonderful product. Easy to use, and great results.

I've used both products.............. and they both are excellent products. The AIO/SG combo has more of a "candy-coated" look than NXT which has a bit softer, and wetter look. The NXT is also a much easier product to use than SG. On the other hand, SG is an extremely durable product.

Whatever the case, if you're pleased with the NXT, why not just stick with it. Of course, comparing products can be fun! :D

Superior Shine
May 23rd, 2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by fiberrich

We apply the sealant and give it as much time as possible to dry/haze up.

Sometimes this can be an hour or so if we apply the sealant before we detail the interior or as quick as 20 mins if we have to get going.

The great majority of my clients are repeats and we get to see the results of our detailing months later and in all cases the sealant has a nice shine and holds up very well.

cafemoc
May 23rd, 2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Superior Shine
We apply the sealant and give it as much time as possible to dry/haze up.
Sometimes this can be an hour or so if we apply the sealant before we detail the interior or as quick as 20 mins if we have to get going.

That's very interesting, I was not aware of giving extra drying time.
I was using Mike Phillips's Swipe Test method to check wax is dry or not, then simply wipe them off.
More time is better...?

RamAirV1
May 23rd, 2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Another thing I notice once in a while at the clinic is for someone who has just applied Tech Wax, or any wax is to continually wipe the surface, you know, they have already removed the wax but they continue to keep wiping and polishing on the finish. This disrupts the polymer coating on the surface. Instead, wipe off the excess and leave it alone. When you continue to wipe the surface before the polymers have fully set-up, you are moving the polymer coating around, potentially moving it off the finish and onto you polishing cloth.

Stop. Let the polymers set up.

Mike

Excellent point! I must admit I am guilty of doing this sometimes :wall:. It must be a carryover from the days when I used waxes that were very difficult to wipe off. But I didn't do it yesterday when I applied the NXT Spray Booster Wax. Very easy to wipe off so just one pass was made.

Is there the same possibility of moving the polymer off the surface using the PC with a Ultimate Bonnet for removal?

RamAirV1

escape
May 24th, 2005, 05:52 PM
This may seem like a stupid question BUT...
I have been applying the booster wax right after the Tech Wax. Do I need to do this. My results are great, but am I actually making the Tech Wax less durable by disrupting it so quickly?

Tim Lingor
May 24th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Hey,

It would be better to allow the NXT Tech Wax time to set up before touching the surface with any QD or even water, if possible.

As for leaving the NXT Tech Wax on longer than recommended, that is a choice the user needs to make. Generally, the time was chosen by the Meguiar's chemists as a reference point to provide the best performance from the product. Sometimes leaving it on too long can cause streaks in some climates. Moreover, not leaving it long enough can cause smears. In the end, I suggest strongly to use Mike's Swipe Test to see when the NXT is ready to be removed. Again, this will generally be between 10-15 minutes. :)

Tim

Mike Phillips
May 25th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by RamAirV1
Is there the same possibility of moving the polymer off the surface using the PC with a Ultimate Bonnet for removal?

RamAirV1

Yes. The same thing applies to machine removal as does to hand removal. Remove the wax then move on, don't continue to run the polisher/bonnet over and over the surface. Let the polymers set-up.

RamAirV1
May 25th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Yes. The same thing applies to machine removal as does to hand removal. Remove the wax then move on, don't continue to run the polisher/bonnet over and over the surface. Let the polymers set-up.

I'm probably better off using the PC for wax removal as the UBs work so well I only make one pass. As far as removal by hand, old habits die hard. I'm glad you pointed that out.:D

RamAirV1

taylor192
May 26th, 2005, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by 2hotford
There should be no problem with driving it. It is only a problem if it rains, or if a person uses a QD before the curing is complete.
I usually grad the QD to help remove the last bit of residue in places I overlooked and it has dried. I thought this might be a better approach than using a lot of force to remove this residue?!?

Vipersdad
Jul 23rd, 2005, 06:46 AM
I just waxed the lower half of my truck from the trim line down all the way around and a freak rain shower occurred about an hour after I finished. I do not have a garage that is open at this time. I had polished it with #7 glaze and then waxed with liquid Tech Wax before the shower.

What should my next step be: let everything dry and rewax today or wait until tomorrow and rewax, or not worry about it and rewax the next time I wash the truck.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

:wall:

RamAirV1
Jul 23rd, 2005, 06:53 AM
I would rewax the next time you wash it. Or wait a couple of week. The rain did not wash the wax away but since it didn't have the time to cure, the durability may not be optimum. But if it was really hot out it may have cured rather quickly.

You may just want to wait and see how long the slickness and gloss lasts and watch the sheeting action when you wash it. When it seems like the wax is gone, then rewax. If that was your first coat apply the second next time you wax.

Just some things to think about.

RamAirV1

Mondeo Mk.III
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Another thing I notice once in a while at the clinic is for someone who has just applied Tech Wax, or any wax is to continually wipe the surface, you know, they have already removed the wax but they continue to keep wiping and polishing on the finish. This disrupts the polymer coating on the surface. Instead, wipe off the excess and leave it alone. When you continue to wipe the surface before the polymers have fully set-up, you are moving the polymer coating around, potentially moving it off the finish and onto you polishing cloth.

Stop. Let the polymers set up.

Hmm... I probably do the same. You're saying that I shouldn't achieve a mirror-reflection when wiping it off?

What will happen then - will the wax turn transparent by itself while curing, or should i wait until next day to polish it to transparancy?

Graeme
Dec 14th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Ok I have a question as well....

You say wait 12 - 24 hours before applying the second coat. Is that because its colder over there? Here in Western Australia the temps are around 30 c. Do I need to wait that time or can it be done sooner for optimal results?

Also I thought polishing the wax off was the idea to give it good looking shine?

Thanks

Graeme

prnsr82
Dec 18th, 2007, 04:36 PM
I've used both products.............. and they both are excellent products. The AIO/SG combo has more of a "candy-coated" look than NXT which has a bit softer, and wetter look. The NXT is also a much easier product to use than SG. On the other hand, SG is an extremely durable product.

Whatever the case, if you're pleased with the NXT, why not just stick with it. Of course, comparing products can be fun! :D

So this is bugging me, can i do this.

Klasse AIO, Klasse SG, wait 12 hrs............ then NXT 2.0 ? I love Klasse with my PC, and this NXT looks BAD@$$ sooo i want to try this out but not if its a waste of time, since NXT has mild cleaning agents dont know if it will affect the Klasse SG or not.

BINGO53
Dec 18th, 2007, 06:06 PM
As a serious driveway detailer with only a carport. (no garage) I can tell you that you just have to learn how to work in your own situation the best you can.

Due to no other choice, I often either apply 2 apps of one wax or a combo back to back, or wait overnight and use regular QD or Speed Detailer in between apps of wax. I do not use UQD for this step.

I get superb results that keep the neighbors envious, and often get comments at the gas pump.

I just had to learn how to work with what I have. It still makes for a fun hobby.

Boss_429
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:11 PM
So this is bugging me, can i do this.

Klasse AIO, Klasse SG, wait 12 hrs............ then NXT 2.0 ? I love Klasse with my PC, and this NXT looks BAD@$$ sooo i want to try this out but not if its a waste of time, since NXT has mild cleaning agents dont know if it will affect the Klasse SG or not.

Wow, that is an old post of mine.

NXT 2.0 might remove some of the SG for the reasons you stated. On the other hand, I prefer the look of the new NXT 2.0 better than AIO/SG. So, if you like the NXT look... go for it. The UQD works especially nice with NXT 2.0. :bigups

F-150Sport03
Dec 19th, 2007, 04:17 PM

NXT 2.0 might remove some of the SG for the reasons you stated. On the other hand, I prefer the look of the new NXT 2.0 better than AIO/SG. So, if you like the NXT look... go for it. The UQD works especially nice with NXT 2.0. :bigups
Might I ask just how old???
...didnt know you were over here, too...

prnsr82
Dec 19th, 2007, 06:38 PM

Thanks for the input, i guess NXT toped with SG wouldn't do anything either. Probably wouldn't stick. Anyway ill post pics when i get it done on friday. Thanks again for the help.

Boss_429
Dec 20th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Might I ask just how old???
...didnt know you were over here, too...

That old post was back in Oct of 2004...

Boss_429
Dec 20th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the input, i guess NXT toped with SG wouldn't do anything either. Probably wouldn't stick. Anyway ill post pics when i get it done on friday. Thanks again for the help.

Nope, wouldn't put SG over NXT either. Stick with one or the other.

daniel
Jul 9th, 2008, 09:59 PM
So it seems after waxing with NXT, i should not use UDQ or any other QD or liquid?

Nxt 2.0 is supposed to have the hydrophobic abilities of UDQ, so UQD will help boost that hydrophobic ability?

techjazz
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:15 PM
So it seems after waxing with NXT, i should not use UDQ or any other QD or liquid?

Nxt 2.0 is supposed to have the hydrophobic abilities of UDQ, so UQD will help boost that hydrophobic ability?

Correct, not for at max 12 hours. And yes, UQD will boost the hydrophobic ability. Check out the video on YouTube (129D), it's amazing.

I usually apply my first coat of NXT, wait until morning. Give a wipedown if needed, 2nd coat of NXT, and then 12 hours after that start maintaining with UQD. You'd be surprised how great the car looks after each polymer sets up.

2008GT500
Oct 31st, 2008, 07:09 PM
Well, here is my first attempt with NXT... Just a question of application. I started with the cleaner wax of the three step process (probably not necessary), then used the #7 show car glaze, and am now going to apply nxt for the first time ever. Looking at the bottle, it shows to claybar, then apply nxt. Is the #7 going to prevent the nxt from bonding in any way? I wanted to use something with natural ingredients for the paint before I used a pure synthetic...just the old school thought process of natural is good for paint I guess. Can anyone tell me if I defeated my purpose?

gb387
Oct 31st, 2008, 07:13 PM
Well, here is my first attempt with NXT... Just a question of application. I started with the cleaner wax of the three step process (probably not necessary), then used the #7 show car glaze, and am now going to apply nxt for the first time ever. Looking at the bottle, it shows to claybar, then apply nxt. Is the #7 going to prevent the nxt from bonding in any way? I wanted to use something with natural ingredients for the paint before I used a pure synthetic...just the old school thought process of natural is good for paint I guess. Can anyone tell me if I defeated my purpose?

No, you will not have any trouble with NXT bonding to the surface. Thats whats great about all Meguiars products, they work very well together in endless combinations. You have a great polish #7 and now seal the look in with some NXT!

EPHIOS
Nov 3rd, 2008, 11:06 AM
I actually tried this method. After washing my car, I clayed it and used ScratchX, then Tech Wax. I then waited 12 hours for the POLYMERS to cure to the paint, then applied another layer. It did not add extra gloss, however, most likely just added protection. It is so crucial to apply the product (in this case, Tech Wax) evenly, otherwise, the finish will be streaky and hazy, especially on direct sunlight.

Mr.Sandman
May 11th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Hi there!
I now learned from this thread, that u can improve the look of NXT Wax by giving it a curing time up to 12 hours to enhance the gloss of it...
Back here in good ole germany rumors spread that u could boost the appearance of NXT by "baking" the car during curing in full sunlight...
e.g.: You apply the first coat of NXT, wipe it of after 20 min. Roll your car in broad daylight and let the sun bake your NXT coat to special endurance...
Is this a false information? Is it contra productive to "bake" your NXT coat during curing time?
:dunno

Mr.Sandman
May 17th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Nobody knows? :monkeys

Mike Phillips
May 18th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Nobody knows? :monkeys

Sorry we missed your first post with your questions, it doesn't happen often but it's a pretty busy forum so sometimes, especially as a thread gets longer, (this is page 5 of this thread),then once is a while questions can be missed.

Let me see if I can clear us some confusion...

Hi there!
I now learned from this thread, that u can improve the look of NXT Wax by giving it a curing time up to 12 hours to enhance the gloss of it...

That doesn't mean leave the wax on the paint for 12 hours. You wipe the dried wax off the paint after it dries, in most case this is a 10 to 30 minute range.

Now that the wax has been wiped off you don't DISRUPT the paint for a window of 12 to 24 hours and during this time the protection ingredients left on the surface fully set-up.

I'm pretty sure this is explained in this thread on the first page and probably a few more times throughout the thread. :confused:

Back here in good ole germany rumors spread that u could boost the appearance of NXT by "baking" the car during curing in full sunlight...
e.g.: You apply the first coat of NXT, wipe it of after 20 min. Roll your car in broad daylight and let the sun bake your NXT coat to special endurance...

That's incorrect. That would also be some person's opinion, not any official recommendation from Meguiar's. Where did you read this? Can you post a link so we can all go read it?

Is this a false information? Is it contra productive to "bake" your NXT coat during curing time?

If the chemists that created this formula thought it should be baked on in the sun, they would have had that information included on the back label and you would probably see multiple threads on this forum discussing this procedure but there is no threads on this procedure, only your post above.

If you can, please post the links to where you're reading this information and we'll do our best to correct it so others don't get misled.

Thanks!

:xyxthumbs

Mr.Sandman
May 18th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Hi Mike,

thanks for your answers...
I'm pretty sure, it could happen in this busy forum that my post slipped thru :)
Thats why I bumped it...
I did know, that u wipe of any residue first before the curing time begins... Perhaps I wrote that in a misunderstanding matter... My english is far from perfect...
Ok, I read this false information in the german chapter of meguiars... www.meguiars-deutschland.de/forum
There this information hasn't been posted by "the officials" but no one objected it either...
Never mind, it is one reason I came here, to hear such information right from "the horses mouth" so I'm fully satisfied...
Last weekend, I detailed a VW Golf3 from my colleague and I applied two layers of my beloved NXT Wax and I allwed it to cure for 12 hours... so I think I did it right...
Thnx again for declaring this myth as "false"
:D

cardriver
May 19th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Waiting till the next day or 12 hours to apply the second application is really something only the most serious of detailing enthusiasts would probably do in the first place. Meguiar’s calls these kinds of people Car Crazy because they are so passionate about they are cars and they express this in doing things the normal person wouldn’t do, like waiting to put a second coat of wax on.
Mike

1) Very informative thread! After reading about the polymer curing feature of NXT, I decided that I'll wait (if I have the willpower!) until the next day to QD. I usually QD a few hours after NXTing to remove the occasional streak or residual shadow that wasn't apparent upon final inspection, but since I'm well on my way to being Car Crazy...I think I can hold off :D.

2) (This is unrelated to the topic of this thread). I just came across the spell check thread. Great idea! Now all we need is a grammar/syntax checker :chuckle1. If there's one easy thing we can work on, it's knowing when and how to properly use your/you're...there/their/they're...and its/it's!

"It's shine is amazing!"
--It is shine is amazing? There's an example right there for the 3948329032848324083204 who didn't know :furious1.

Mike Phillips
May 19th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Hi Mike,

Ok, I read this false information in the german chapter of meguiars...

www.meguiars-deutschland.de/forum (http://www.meguiars-deutschland.de/forum)

There this information hasn't been posted by "the officials" but no one objected it either...

Thank you. We'll look into this.

1)

Now all we need is a grammar/syntax checker :chuckle1. If there's one easy thing we can work on, it's knowing when and how to properly use

your/you're... there/their/they're... and its/it's!

and theirs and there's

:xyxthumbs

Mr.Sandman
Jun 17th, 2009, 04:11 AM
Hi Mike,
one more thing. In fact Meguiars germany is publishing a pdf online detailing guide book on the german Meguiars Internet site, where they refer in detail on this "baking your car after applying (and removing) the first NXT Wax layer".
Furthermore they state, that you can enhance the gloss of the NXT Wax by adding several more layers...
So perhaps you can give them a hint...
Just to avoid further rumours :)
I would have linked the PDF Guide in this post, but forum rules deny me of doing so.:wavey

EPHIOS
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:02 PM
The idea behind waiting to apply a second coating is to allow a window-of-time to pass, to insure that all of the polymers have fully set-up. Anytime you introduce water or other liquids to the surface before the polymers have fully set-up you risk disrupting the polymers.

Some people cannot wait, or do not want to wait this long before applying a second coat, I know many times I don't have the luxury of time to wait until the next day to apply a second coat. If you are in this position, then it's completely fine to apply a second coat sooner. The 12 hour window of time is just a best case scenario for those people that want the maximum results possible. It's like giving the benefit of doubt to the process.

After applying the Tech Wax to your car's finish, it's perfectly fine to drive again in sunny weather. It's liquids you want to avoid for the first 12 hours for best possible results. I

So, Mike, if I applied TechWax 2.0 today, and noticed a bit of streaking. I should not use anything (even quick detailers) to even it out. Rather wait for 12 hours for the polymers to set up, then use quick detailers to even it out. Or apply another coat of TechWax 2.0.

Murr1525
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Yes, the best case is to wait if possible.