PDA

View Full Version : Smoking in vehicles

Mr.clean115
Aug 12th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I was just curious to people on the forum smoking in vehicles. I personally do not smoke in my truck. Because I don't like ashes all over. But I know some people that smoke in brand new vehicles ! Just curious to what your opinions are. Thanks !

LS1BERLINA
Aug 12th, 2011, 09:27 PM
What people do in their own cars is their own business, but i would never, ever allow anyone to smoke in my car, even with all the windows down.

ClearlyCoated
Aug 12th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I once ended a date early because the girl wanted to spark one up in my car. I said no, she said, "take me home". I gladly complied and saved myself a sour smoke smelling interior and the cost of a dinner.

And this was 20 years ago before, long before I got into my current detailing obsession!

KKloppe
Aug 13th, 2011, 04:15 AM
I don't smoke, but most of my friends do. Besides the smell, It get's ash all over the inside of my cars and dirty's up the headliner. No one smokes in my car.

Kornercarver
Aug 13th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I don't smoke and do not allow smoking in either my vehicles or my house.

woody.01
Aug 14th, 2011, 07:51 AM
no smoking or eating allowed in my cars ! only drinking allowed from Camelbak cycle bottles !

DAC17
Aug 14th, 2011, 10:51 AM
And, for what it's worth, remember you'll have to sell or trade the car someday. NO WAY would I touch a car that had ever been smoked in.

daniel clark
Aug 15th, 2011, 10:33 PM
No smoking in my cars,I gave up that habit years ago!

SVT Lightning
Sep 20th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I don't even let people smoke on my property. I threw away all the ash trays....

dtuna42
Sep 20th, 2011, 12:57 PM
And, for what it's worth, remember you'll have to sell or trade the car someday. NO WAY would I touch a car that had ever been smoked in.
I made the mistake of buying a car that was smoked in once. Got most of the smell out, but a little bit always returned when it cooked in the sun with the windows closed. I'll never make that mistake again. The last time I bought a car, I passed up on about 5-6 cars that I was considering only because they smelled horrible inside.

JGdetailing
Sep 20th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I detail this vehicle that has ashes all over the interior of it. From the dash to the back ov the vehicle. You name it it's on it. I have to even vacuum the dash of the vehicle before I clean it.

ethereal45
Jun 10th, 2012, 07:35 AM
No way, talk about killing the resale value of your cars.

ChevysLastSled
Jun 10th, 2012, 09:32 AM
My old (used) truck finally lost the cigarette smell after 2 plus years of owning it. My brand new car will never see smoke.

Cigarette smell is like beach sand, you can never get rid of it.

STRIFE
Jun 10th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I have never allowed smoking in any of my cars.....once i had a co working who was a chain smoker sit in my car, I could "smell" his BO for days and he didn't even smoke in my car!