PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere

Michael Stoops
Oct 11th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/1910/WshAnywhereTrig_Mock.gif

Product attributes:

Safely cleans more "dirt" than a spray detailer, AND leaves hydrophobic wax protection!
1 bottle will do 3 - 5 average cars
The solution to "I want to wash my car, but..."

"I don't have access to a hose."
"it's winter.:
"my city is under water restrictions."
"I live in an apartment."

This is the solution for consumers who don't have the space to do a traditional wash, as well as enthusiasts who need something more than a detailer
Part Number: G3626
Size: 26 ounce
MSRP: $14.99

Perfect for urban dwellers, those with limited access to water, or the hot rodder that just arrived at a cruise, Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere safely lifts away dirt and grime while leaving behind a protective layer of hydrophobic wax. In as little as 15 minutes, this new formula can morph a drab and dirty appearance into a stunning, clean & shiny car, without a drop of water. What's more, depending on how dirty the car is, a single bottle, along with the help of a few microfiber towels can wash & wax up to five average sized cars.

To use this spray, simply mist onto the surface of the vehicle and wipe away using a Meguiar's Supreme Shine or other high quality microfiber towel. Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere's unique chemistry insures a scratch-free finish when used as directed, as special lubricants and cleaning agents safely loosen and then gently remove the dirt. Follow with a quick wipe from a clean, dry towel and the surface is left with a beautiful, glossy, just-waxed finish. Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere is also safe to use on all wheel types, plus rubber, vinyl and glass.

ethereal45
Oct 31st, 2011, 08:37 AM
How does this compare to the detailer line waterless wash?

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 09:06 AM
The Detailer line Rinse Free Express Wash is a concentrate designed for use as a low water volume rinseless bucket wash. Rinse Free Express Wash also contains no wax at all. Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere is a ready to use spray that does contain a hydrophobic polymer for added protection. Think of it almost like a detail spray on steroids - if you've ever had a situation where you thought a QD may not be quite enough to remove the amount of dirt on your car so you're better off washing it, you could reach for this product and get the job done safely and effectively. If you live in an area where they salt the roads and from time to time you go to the coin op wash to pressure wash the road salt off your car, you know it doesn't get everything off completely. With this you can finish the job once you get home. Or if you live in an apartment and it's summer time, and your car has been outside for a few days and you want to clean it up but don't have time to go to a car wash (and you aren't allowed to bucket wash in your complex) you can clean your car with this product in just a bit longer than it would take to go over it with a traditional QD spray, even though the car is much too dirty for a traditional QD.

aerogt01
Oct 31st, 2011, 09:37 AM
I can imagine this selling through the roof if offered as a Detailer product. Would definitely compete with offerings from other companies.

However I will recommend this to family and friends!

tapp1
Oct 31st, 2011, 09:56 AM
Any idea on when this will be avail? Can't to get some of this for the winter!

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:00 AM
This product should be available sometime in January, which is pretty typical for our retail products.

Shawn T.
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:01 AM
5 gallon size please????

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:05 AM
5 gallon size please????You could buy it by the case like you plan on doing with Gold Class Quik Wax ;)

Shawn T.
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:07 AM
You could buy it by the case like you plan on doing with Gold Class Quik Wax ;)

If I get bulk prices I'll be more than happy ;)

ChevyNick
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:54 AM
This will be perfect for in me in the winter right after a quick spray down at the quarter car wash. Can't wait to try it!

davey g-force
Oct 31st, 2011, 11:42 AM
This is fantastic news! Eagerly waiting to try this one...

smack
Oct 31st, 2011, 01:48 PM
Man I cant wait to try this stuff out. I have been looking at the ONR stuff but im sticking with Meguiars. Thanks for releasing your version Meguiars.

ethereal45
Oct 31st, 2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the detailed explanation of the two products, I'm sure if I didn't ask someone else will!

TheSublimeGoose
Oct 31st, 2011, 05:01 PM
Being stationed on a base with no car wash, and no hose available to me, I've been using a QD in place of a product like this. What a pain- and an expensive one too.

Being a Meg's diehard I pretty much refused to purchase any other brands waterless washes.

In order to ensure I wasn't scratching the paint I was using ALOT of QD and going through ALOT of MF cloths. And a lot of $...

In other words, I'm very excited for this product!

PPLd
Oct 31st, 2011, 06:15 PM
I will be honest and making comparison to direct competitor on the market from a consumer's point of view.
Administrators please let me know if this post is not appropriate.

I would say this is an OTC version of Ultima Waterless Wash Plus + or Detailer's Pro Waterless Wash.
Do a Google search if you have never heard of them.
In 2 months time we will see a lot of posts on different detailing forums asking for a comparison between these 3 products.

The reason (one of) the competitors has been successful is because its very economical:
$18.99 (without rebate/coupon) for 16oz of concentrate,
User can dilute the concentrate to make 3.5 gallons of waterless wash spray that leave behind excellent shine, gloss, slickness and boost protection.
Besides, it cleans better and safer than a quick detailer and some people are dumping their QD sprays for that product.
In other words thats 23.59oz of an multi-purpose product that does not compromise per dollar.

If Meguiar's does not offer a concentrate that is even better than the competitor (can that be even cheaper, better than their competitors?),
then it will be less appealing to detailing hobbyist or professionals in long run.

ethereal45
Oct 31st, 2011, 06:21 PM
I will be honest and making comparison to direct competitor on the market from a consumer's point of view.
Administrators please let me know if this post is not appropriate.

I would say this is an OTC version of Ultima Waterless Wash Plus + or Detailer's Pro Waterless Wash.
Do a Google search if you have never heard of them.
In 2 months time we will see a lot of posts on different detailing forums asking for a comparison between these 3 products.

The reason one of the competitors has been successful is because its very economical:
$18.99 (without rebate/coupon) for 16oz of concentrate,
User can dilute the concentrate to make 3.5 gallons of waterless wash spray that leave behind excellent shine, gloss, slickness and boost protection.
Besides, it cleans better and safer than a quick detailer and some people are dumping their QD sprays for that product.
In other words thats 23.59oz of an multi-purpose product that does not compromise per dollar.

If Meguiar's does not offer a concentrate that is even better than the competitor (can that be even cheaper, better than their competitors?),
then it will be less appealing to detailing hobbyist or professionals in long run.

I agree it's not cheap, but if you are concerned about economy maybe take a look to the new detailer line waterless wash product. It's $40 for a gallon which will dilute to produce 128 gallons of wash. That's only 31 cents a gallon. This product, while admittedly not the same thing as the detailer line product, runs roughly $74 dollars per gallon. This product is roughly 238 times more expensive than the detailer line product is.

1970judge
Oct 31st, 2011, 06:30 PM
So this is basically like an ONR in a spray bottle? I have been waiting for this day to come! Sign me up for multiples when they arrive!

Onto my question, explain to me the process if I were doing an entire car? Since I have only used ONR this way I will use it as an example. How do you go about actually washing it? The way it sounds is I used 10 or so towels. Or can I mist on, wipe, dry wipe with another towel and reuse those same two towels? Or is that first wipe towel done for after I used up all clean sides?

79elcamino
Oct 31st, 2011, 06:53 PM
so this will not flash freeze then?

Michael Stoops
Oct 31st, 2011, 06:58 PM
@PPLd - we understand what you're saying and 16oz of concentrate for that price is not far off ONR and likely in line with our new Detailer line product if we decide to offer it in a similar size. This product is aimed squarely on the very sizable market segment looking for an alternative to bucket washing or commercial car washing which is their only other choice. If they run through a commercial wash 5 time at an average of $10 per wash they've spent more than double what they would on a single bottle of this product.

@1970judge - how many towels you need will depend on how dirty the car is, of course, but using one folded towel for initial cleaning and a second for drying/final wipe. Grab a fresh towel for either or both steps as needed and you should be able to clean a mid size car with 4 to 6 towels.

PPLd
Oct 31st, 2011, 08:34 PM
@PPLd - we understand what you're saying and 16oz of concentrate for that price is not far off ONR and likely in line with our new Detailer line product if we decide to offer it in a similar size. This product is aimed squarely on the very sizable market segment looking for an alternative to bucket washing or commercial car washing which is their only other choice. If they run through a commercial wash 5 time at an average of $10 per wash they've spent more than double what they would on a single bottle of this product.

Mr Stoops,
Thanks for addressing my questions on "economical product".
However this Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere (UWWA?) is a ready-to-use WATERLESS WASH instead of Rinseless Wash like the new Detailer Line concentrate at 1:128 right?
Or can the Detailer Line be diluted at a different ratio to achieve a waterless wash?

In fact if you look at the $39.99/gal price for D114, and if I assume it can be diluted at same 8oz in 1 gal (8:128 = 1:16) to make it a quick detailer,
then we can have 8 gal of quick detailer from 1 gal of D114.
turn out to be $39.99/8gal,
which means $4.99875/gal,
that is more economical than $5.4257/gal of Ultima, PROVIDED MEGUIAR'S RECOMMEND D114 TO BE USED AS WATERLESS WASH.
*ONR isn't really recommended to be a Waterless wash product.

Ultraman
Oct 31st, 2011, 08:53 PM
Great product! When will this be available in Asia?

PPLd
Oct 31st, 2011, 09:29 PM
Great product! When will this be available in Asia?
Meguiar's Asia usually takes half year to get those items here.

jezz12
Oct 31st, 2011, 10:43 PM
Meguiar's Asia usually takes half year to get those items here.
so I assume this product will be in the market somewhere in April or June?

PPLd
Nov 1st, 2011, 02:43 AM
so I assume this product will be in the market somewhere in April or June?
sorry i mean half year after the products become available on the market in USA
that means if things are available in Jan 2012, then we shd get them around June.
they sometimes have samples for selected customers/pro before things become widely available tho

Alfisti
Nov 1st, 2011, 09:20 AM
Just to point out to the few who've compared it to ONR...it's not the same type of product. Megs Rinseless Wash in the new Detailer Line compares to ONR.

79elcamino
Nov 1st, 2011, 09:31 AM
This won't flash freeze then?

Michael Stoops
Nov 1st, 2011, 05:36 PM
Mr Stoops,
Thanks for addressing my questions on "economical product".
However this Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere (UWWA?) is a ready-to-use WATERLESS WASH instead of Rinseless Wash like the new Detailer Line concentrate at 1:128 right?
Or can the Detailer Line be diluted at a different ratio to achieve a waterless wash?

In fact if you look at the $39.99/gal price for D114, and if I assume it can be diluted at same 8oz in 1 gal (8:128 = 1:16) to make it a quick detailer,
then we can have 8 gal of quick detailer from 1 gal of D114.
turn out to be $39.99/8gal,
which means $4.99875/gal,
that is more economical than $5.4257/gal of Ultima, PROVIDED MEGUIAR'S RECOMMEND D114 TO BE USED AS WATERLESS WASH.
*ONR isn't really recommended to be a Waterless wash product.Yes, this is a ready to use product - just pull the trigger and go. As for diluting the Detailer Line Rinse Free X-Press to use as a waterless wash, I'll have to talk to R&D about dilution ratio and if they recommend it. I don't think it would be an issue though.

Great product! When will this be available in Asia?As has been pointed out, our new product deliveries to Asia often run 6 months or more behind domestic deliveries.

Just to point out to the few who've compared it to ONR...it's not the same type of product. Megs Rinseless Wash in the new Detailer Line compares to ONR.That is correct.

This won't flash freeze then?Well, just how cold a temp are you thinking about using it in? 5F might be problematic, but in a garage you can probably get away with it at very cold temps as long as you act quickly enough. But the sprayer isn't an atomizer or super fine sprayer so that alone should not pose an issue.

CumminsCrazed
Nov 1st, 2011, 07:28 PM
ok so, for my custom truck i have, what would be abetter choice for me after i get to car shows, i pre detai teh truck prior to the show, so would the no rinse express wash be better, or the quick wash n wax anywhere stuff.

PPLd
Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:06 AM
ok so, for my custom truck i have, what would be abetter choice for me after i get to car shows, i pre detai teh truck prior to the show, so would the no rinse express wash be better, or the quick wash n wax anywhere stuff.
u still need a bucket of wash solution for rinseless wash,
so if u dont have a water source and bucket with u,
a waterless wash and wax anywhere will be a better choice.

seckinb
Nov 2nd, 2011, 06:46 AM
This kind of strong cleaner QD's seem to work very well for cleaning between layers of LSPs. Our climate is mostly dirty and you really can't trust a bare QD to clean 1-2 days old dust safely. Would be looking forward to try this one.

79elcamino
Nov 2nd, 2011, 02:59 PM
Well, just how cold a temp are you thinking about using it in? 5F might be problematic, but in a garage you can probably get away with it at very cold temps as long as you act quickly enough. But the sprayer isn't an atomizer or super fine sprayer so that alone should not pose an issue.

around lets says 20F to 40F

Michael Stoops
Nov 3rd, 2011, 12:19 PM
ok so, for my custom truck i have, what would be abetter choice for me after i get to car shows, i pre detai teh truck prior to the show, so would the no rinse express wash be better, or the quick wash n wax anywhere stuff.As PPLd pointed out, this ready to use spray would be the better choice in the application you've described.

around lets says 20F to 40FThat shouldn't be a problem especially considering that you'd be working small areas at a time anyway.

saturn2
Nov 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
The Detailer line Rinse Free Express Wash is a concentrate designed for use as a low water volume rinseless bucket wash. Rinse Free Express Wash also contains no wax at all. Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere is a ready to use spray that does contain a hydrophobic polymer for added protection. Think of it almost like a detail spray on steroids - if you've ever had a situation where you thought a QD may not be quite enough to remove the amount of dirt on your car so you're better off washing it, you could reach for this product and get the job done safely and effectively. If you live in an area where they salt the roads and from time to time you go to the coin op wash to pressure wash the road salt off your car, you know it doesn't get everything off completely. With this you can finish the job once you get home. Or if you live in an apartment and it's summer time, and your car has been outside for a few days and you want to clean it up but don't have time to go to a car wash (and you aren't allowed to bucket wash in your complex) you can clean your car with this product in just a bit longer than it would take to go over it with a traditional QD spray, even though the car is much too dirty for a traditional QD.

So if you are recommending a coin-op wash before using UW&WA. I take it that it can't cut dried salt crust? I am very interested in this product.

mike_svt
Nov 4th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere
Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere's unique chemistry insures a scratch-free finish when used as directed, as special lubricants and cleaning agents safely loosen and then gently remove the dirt.

I ensure you I'll try this product, regardless of the typo in the description.:chuckle1

wifpd4
Nov 4th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Mike's assurance is better than insurance.

mike_svt
Nov 4th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Mike's assurance is better than insurance.

Too bad you couldn't put that in a 16 oz. spray bottle:cool:

wifpd4
Nov 4th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Too bad you couldn't put that in a 16 oz. spray bottle:cool:

Too powerful, only available in 8 oz. sample size.

akimel
Nov 4th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I'm looking forward to this product. For the past two or three winters I've been using ONR on my cars. It works well, but I confess that I am attracted to this product's ease of use. Just spray it on and wipe off. I'm sure it would be much more economical to use ONR or Meguiar's new rinseless alternative, but given that I'm only washing my two personal cars, the cost is not a significant factor. I will definitely get a bottle once it appears at Advance Auto. The suggestion to visit the coin-op first is also a good suggestion. I do that sometimes before an ONR rinse, depending on how filthy the car is.

ethereal45
Nov 4th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Could someone explain the difference between a rinseless and a waterless wash?

Glen871
Nov 4th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Could someone explain the difference between a rinseless and a waterless wash?

A rinseless wash is when you add a product to a bucket of water and use that to clean your car. You dip your sponge or microfiber in the bucket and use that to remove dust and dirt from your vehicle and then dry. There is no rinsing with a hose involved like you would do in a traditional wash if you used car wash soap on your car hence the term rinseless wash. Optimum no rinse is a good example of that.

A waterless wash is a product you spray on and wipe off to get the dirt off or your car. It doesn't require mixing it in a bucket of water. You just spray it on and wipe off the dirt with a microfiber towel.

ethereal45
Nov 4th, 2011, 02:54 PM
That's about what I thought. Seems like the rinseless wash would be a little less likely to scratch, but I really have no idea.

Marc08EX
Nov 4th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I'm going to give this a shot when it comes out. I'm still very hesitant about waterless washes but since it's sporting the Meguiar's badge then I know I'm in good hands. :)

For a car that hasn't been washed for 2 weeks (no rain just typical DD dust/dirt), how many MF towels will be used?

STRIFE
Nov 4th, 2011, 11:16 PM
^ i wouldn't worry too much about it....like I said in a few posts....I used UQD to wipe clean my G35 after driving in the rain, the microfibers were really dirty after cleaning the lower parts of the car, Pretty sure UWWA will be just as good if not better.

Shawn T.
Nov 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM
DO NOT BE HESITANT ABOUT USING A WATERLESS WASH.

I have been using waterless and rinseless washes almost exclusively for about 8 months now and have been more than satisfied. The car in my avatar has not been washed traditionally in about 10 months.

I could not be happier with the technology available for waterless and rinseless washing. Meguiars just continues to stay abreast of the new types of washing available. I believe one of the reasons they were hesitant to release the rinseless and waterless was because they wanted to make sure it worked to perfection. In no way, would they want to release an already controversial item into a market to have it fail.

I think it's going to be awesome and will offer it as a gallon sized version very soon!

Marc08EX
Nov 5th, 2011, 12:53 PM
DO NOT BE HESITANT ABOUT USING A WATERLESS WASH.

I have been using waterless and rinseless washes almost exclusively for about 8 months now and have been more than satisfied. The car in my avatar has not been washed traditionally in about 10 months.

I could not be happier with the technology available for waterless and rinseless washing. Meguiars just continues to stay abreast of the new types of washing available. I believe one of the reasons they were hesitant to release the rinseless and waterless was because they wanted to make sure it worked to perfection. In no way, would they want to release an already controversial item into a market to have it fail.

I think it's going to be awesome and will offer it as a gallon sized version very soon!

Thanks for the tip Shawn.

How many MF towels do you use when using a waterless wash? How much of an area do you do before flipping over to a clean side? Or do you flip over to a clean side after 1 swipe?

STRIFE
Nov 6th, 2011, 10:43 AM
^ when i used UQD on my entire G or Subie, I believe I used about 20 of the el cheapo(Walmart/ Can Tire) 16x16 MFs. I try to wipe in one direction only then flip to a clean side. I personally don't think any damage was done to the paint. I do noticed a bottle of UQD will go pretty fast, as I would suspect the UWWA.
I actually become very fond of ONR, great product....just sorry I bought 2 gallons of it, and then Megs releases it's own version of it....if Shawn and Mark kleis feels soo comfortable with this environmentally sound product(s)....so can I....even though I have no water restrictions here in Vancouver

Garage Troll
Nov 6th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Very awesome Meguiars!

Was this announced at SEMA too? Because if it was I have a feeling you guys gave someone a big wakeup call which has me all the more excited about this product.

I for one, feel the pricing is very fair for a consumer product and I KNOW this will do great in the stores.

Marc08EX
Nov 7th, 2011, 05:33 AM
All 2012 products including the ultimate wash & wax anywhere were announced in SEMA.

Shawn T.
Nov 7th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Very awesome Meguiars!

Was this announced at SEMA too? Because if it was I have a feeling you guys gave someone a big wakeup call which has me all the more excited about this product.

I for one, feel the pricing is very fair for a consumer product and I KNOW this will do great in the stores.

Now Andy, could you referencing Cro cough cough cough

Sorry Im allergic to false information being spread as actual fact. LOL:chuckle1

Michael Stoops
Nov 7th, 2011, 11:23 AM
So if you are recommending a coin-op wash before using UW&WA. I take it that it can't cut dried salt crust? I am very interested in this product.There are limits to what any product can do. In extreme cases you're probably going to be better off hosing off the really nasty stuff first. But I drove back from Las Vegas on Friday in the rain and my car was filthy when I got home. I used this product over the weekend to clean it up and drove the same car to work today. And this wasn't my daily driver either, but my weekend toy!

I ensure you I'll try this product, regardless of the typo in the description.:chuckle1:o You know what? I'm leaving the typo there, just because. :wall2

Mike's assurance is better than insurance.Nicely played. And the banter that followed made my Monday!!

A rinseless wash is when you add a product to a bucket of water and use that to clean your car. You dip your sponge or microfiber in the bucket and use that to remove dust and dirt from your vehicle and then dry. There is no rinsing with a hose involved like you would do in a traditional wash if you used car wash soap on your car hence the term rinseless wash. Optimum no rinse is a good example of that.

A waterless wash is a product you spray on and wipe off to get the dirt off or your car. It doesn't require mixing it in a bucket of water. You just spray it on and wipe off the dirt with a microfiber towel.Beautiful explanation!

KeithIndy
Nov 8th, 2011, 06:19 AM
This will be perfect for in me in the winter right after a quick spray down at the quarter car wash. Can't wait to try it!

+1

Of all the new cool stuff just announced, this is the product I am most excited to try. For the past few years I always go to the coin op before doing an ONR, after an ONR wash I hit the car with Last Touch. I am hoping with UWWA that I can reduce my process to one step after going to the coin op.

marspe
Nov 16th, 2011, 12:08 AM
How does the polymer load compare to a UQD+UQW combo? Is Durability worse, the same, or better? I'm a die-hard fan of UQD as a weekly waterless wash with UQW thrown in every 2-3 weeks as well. Let me preface that by saying that my car (92 Lexus SC400, Royal Jade) just had a full restoration by Jamie @alpha dog detailing (he rocks!) and I swear I could probably pour honey on the hood and it would slide right off!! My UQD/UQW process is just maintenance of his detail, but it works awesome.

Anyway, if the durability of UWWA is similar, then this might replace that combo. It might make UQD/UQW sort of redundant for me (what am I going to do with all of my 156/135 now?) :-)

Thanks!

Michael Stoops
Nov 16th, 2011, 08:57 AM
How does the polymer load compare to a UQD+UQW combo? Is Durability worse, the same, or better? I'm a die-hard fan of UQD as a weekly waterless wash with UQW thrown in every 2-3 weeks as well. Let me preface that by saying that my car (92 Lexus SC400, Royal Jade) just had a full restoration by Jamie @alpha dog detailing (he rocks!) and I swear I could probably pour honey on the hood and it would slide right off!! My UQD/UQW process is just maintenance of his detail, but it works awesome.

Anyway, if the durability of UWWA is similar, then this might replace that combo. It might make UQD/UQW sort of redundant for me (what am I going to do with all of my 156/135 now?) :-)

Thanks!Durability is going to be more on par with UQW than UQD, the latter having very little durability but then again, it's a quick detailer and not a wax. But where this really differs is in how dirty a car can be when you use this. If you've ever looked at your car and debated whether or not it was too dirty to just wipe down with a quick detailer (and honestly, if you have to think about it you probably should wash the car rather than just QD it), then it's time to reach for this. As an example, after driving to and from SEMA in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago, my car was pretty filthy. The drive home included 200+ miles of rain in moderate traffic on roads that rarely see rain, so the amount of crud loosened up and thrown onto the car was pretty bad. The back of the car was covered in a nasty blackish grunge (the sides weren't a whole lot better, especially down near the rocker panels) and there's no way in the world I would have just wiped down with a quick detail spray. But Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere was awesome as it easily broke down the crud and cleaned the car up beautifully. And while it does work extremely well as a quick detailer, it's probably a bit pricey for some to use that way every time. But it really does a fantastic job.

marspe
Nov 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Durability is going to be more on par with UQW than UQD, the latter having very little durability but then again, it's a quick detailer and not a wax. But where this really differs is in how dirty a car can be when you use this. If you've ever looked at your car and debated whether or not it was too dirty to just wipe down with a quick detailer (and honestly, if you have to think about it you probably should wash the car rather than just QD it), then it's time to reach for this. As an example, after driving to and from SEMA in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago, my car was pretty filthy. The drive home included 200+ miles of rain in moderate traffic on roads that rarely see rain, so the amount of crud loosened up and thrown onto the car was pretty bad. The back of the car was covered in a nasty blackish grunge (the sides weren't a whole lot better, especially down near the rocker panels) and there's no way in the world I would have just wiped down with a quick detail spray. But Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere was awesome as it easily broke down the crud and cleaned the car up beautifully. And while it does work extremely well as a quick detailer, it's probably a bit pricey for some to use that way every time. But it really does a fantastic job.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info! I know you're not supposed to use UQD if your car is dirty, but its rained the last two weekends (Fri-Sat) here in SoCal and I was driving in both of them. I used a little more UQD on the initial panel and my plush MF and with literally no pressure, I was able to wipe it clean! As I've mentioned, this is probably because of what is already on the paint from my full detail as nothing sticks to it.

Anyway, even if I used UWWA once a week, if I get 4 washes out of a bottle, that's cheaper than going through a drive-thru touchless car wash 4 times. If it looks like and lasts like UQW, then this might replace UQW for me as I can do it all in one step vs. two.

Michael Stoops
Nov 16th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Anyway, even if I used UWWA once a week, if I get 4 washes out of a bottle, that's cheaper than going through a drive-thru touchless car wash 4 times. If it looks like and lasts like UQW, then this might replace UQW for me as I can do it all in one step vs. two.This is the line of thinking we're hoping more people will take, because it's exactly what this product is designed for.

marspe
Nov 16th, 2011, 10:01 PM
This is the line of thinking we're hoping more people will take, because it's exactly what this product is designed for.

Absolutely! Now this WILL be available in 1-gal/5-gal capacity right? :-)

littleblackcar
Nov 20th, 2011, 02:48 PM
When can we start ordering all of these 2012 products? I don't want to wait!

Shawn T.
Nov 20th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Absolutely! Now this WILL be available in 1-gal/5-gal capacity right? :-)

If they know what's good for them LOL

Garage Troll
Nov 20th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I can't wait to try this. It's going to be great to recommend to friends and family. When you break it down it is considerably less expensive than them going through the darn coin op.

Marc08EX
Nov 20th, 2011, 08:24 PM
When can we start ordering all of these 2012 products? I don't want to wait!

Early next year. Your best bet will probably be Walmart.

Mike Goodrum
Nov 30th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I currently use DP Waterless Wash. And I like it a lot. But, being a hardcore Meguiars user I am definitely picking up a bottle.

Blue Apollo IV
Dec 10th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I'd rather leave my car dirty than use a product like this. Just not for me.

Michael Stoops
Dec 12th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I'd rather leave my car dirty than use a product like this. Just not for me.
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Personally, I've been a fan of ONR and QEW for a while now, so I was thrilled to learn about our Rinse Free Express Wash, but wasn't too sure about this product when I first about it. To be really candid with you, I didn't think was a great idea at first. The more I used it, however, the more I grew to like it. And at this point, I'm loving the stuff! I gambled and took my weekend toy to Las Vegas (seemed fitting, right?) for SEMA and got rained on almost the whole way back. After a couple hundred miles in the rain the car was obviously a mess. I didn't have time to give it a full and proper wash before wanting to take it out the day after I got home, but a few minutes with this product and nobody but a hard core detail enthusiast would ever know that the car hadn't been bucket washed. And I'm beyond crazy about the paint on that car.

Blue Apollo IV
Dec 12th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Personally, I've been a fan of ONR and QEW for a while now, so I was thrilled to learn about our Rinse Free Express Wash, but wasn't too sure about this product when I first about it. To be really candid with you, I didn't think was a great idea at first. The more I used it, however, the more I grew to like it. And at this point, I'm loving the stuff! I gambled and took my weekend toy to Las Vegas (seemed fitting, right?) for SEMA and got rained on almost the whole way back. After a couple hundred miles in the rain the car was obviously a mess. I didn't have time to give it a full and proper wash before wanting to take it out the day after I got home, but a few minutes with this product and nobody but a hard core detail enthusiast would ever know that the car hadn't been bucket washed. And I'm beyond crazy about the paint on that car.

I just don't know...it just doesn't add up in my mind to being a good idea. Plus don't you have to go through several towels in the process?..then you have to wash them immediately before use again - more work! lol.

But I know people rave about this particular detailing product in general...so it must of course be working for lots of people.

umi000
Dec 12th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I use a couple of chenille noodle wash mitts with ONR - the solution tends to draw the muck down to the bottom, so all you need is a bucket and grit guard (and a rinse bucket, if you really want to be sure). If I use MF towels, I only wipe with a side once, so yes, I do go through a lot of towels. I've pretty much moved almost exclusively to rinseless washes - I just find it easier and quicker than conventional washes, and not at all deficient in marring-free cleaning.

STRIFE
Dec 13th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I was very leary about using ONR when i heard about it a whiles back.....but after reading sooo many great reviews....I decided to give it a shot.
I was actually very surprised how good a job it did and how much easier it was on my hands especially during the cold months.

My method with ONR:
GG 6 gallon wash bucket
1 oz ONR/ gallon of water ( i filled up 5 gallons of water)
fill a 2nd 5 gallon bucket with clean water to rinse wash mitt or 650 GSM MF towel
wash from top to bottom of vehicle
wash the lower parts & rear of vehicle last.
wash one panel at a time, pat dry with Megs water mag towel ...repeat.
finish off with either UQD or UQW

I have to look very very hard to find swirls on my 2005 G35....so I can say with ONR, it's great when used as directed

Jagstang
Dec 22nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Definitely I will get this product.. I hope only that will come out fast here in Italy, but now I have a couple of questions for Michael:
-do you think that with this Wash&Wax product other products like Ultimate Quick Detailer will be obsolete? Which are really the difference between these 2?
-I've got UQD and Ultimate Quick Wax.. when I will have also Wash&Wax Anywhere.. I don't need to use UQW after I wash with W&WA, do I? Should I leave UQW only for when I bucket wash my car? And should I use UQD after UQW like a final touch or should I "clean" my "not so dirty" car with UQD and then apply UQW?

Sorry for having so many questions but they are connected with the use that I could do with UW&WA. Thank you

Michael Stoops
Jan 3rd, 2012, 03:10 PM
Apologies for the delay in getting back to these questions. Let's see if we can address these one at a time, in red below:

Definitely I will get this product.. I hope only that will come out fast here in Italy, but now I have a couple of questions for Michael:
-do you think that with this Wash&Wax product other products like Ultimate Quick Detailer will be obsolete? No, this will not make those other products obsolete as they do serve different purposes as outlined in response to your next question.

Which are really the difference between these 2? Let's look at UQD, UQW, and UW&WA in turn. UQD is really designed to add lubricity to surface so that you can safely remove light dust and fingerprints between washings. Unlike our basic Quik Detailer in the burgundy bottle, UQD adds some water repelling (hydrophobic) polymers and additional glossing agents. UQW really should only be used on a very clean surface, such as immediately following a proper wash and dry, and it's great for adding some additional gloss and protection between wax applications. The polymers in UQW are quite durable and will greatly outlast those found in UQD. UW&WA is a substitute for a bucket wash when such a washing technique is impractical or impossible. In many cases people who live in apartments don't have a garage or driveway to wash in, and a hose is not available. UW&WA is a great alternative to an automatic car wash when a thorough clean up is desired, or when the level of dust and dirt on the surface is too much for a quick detailer. It is not intended to be your sole means of washing the car every time, all the time. It's a great product to carry with you on a road trip to clean up the car after a long day on the road, again when a quick detailer may be overwhelmed. Each product has it's own place, but not everyone may have a need (or desire) for all three. At least not on a regular basis.

-I've got UQD and Ultimate Quick Wax.. when I will have also Wash&Wax Anywhere.. I don't need to use UQW after I wash with W&WA, do I? You shouldn't need to use UQW immediately following UW&WA like many do when finishing with a traditional bucket wash. The wax in UW&WA is pretty durable in it's own right, so UQW right after might be a bit of overkill. But since you won't be using UW&WA every single time you wash the car (or at least we don't necessarily expect you to) there can still be a time and place for UQW.

Should I leave UQW only for when I bucket wash my car? As noted just above, this is indeed the time and place for UQW.

And should I use UQD after UQW like a final touch or should I "clean" my "not so dirty" car with UQD and then apply UQW? If by "not so dirty" you mean just the accumulated dust from a day or two of exposure, then UQD is the perfect choice for removing that light contaminant. If you then want to follow with UQW you certainly can do so, but UQD is the better choice for removing that light dust. For most people, however, the use of UQD to remove that light dust between washes is sufficient at that time, and they'll hold off on the UQW until the next bucket wash.

proudgeek
Jan 8th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Hello,

I picked up a bottle and some of the new GC premium QD Saturday night and had the opportunity to try it this morning. All I can say is wow. Please note that it also comes with a $5 mail in rebate so how can you say no ;)

As my car is due for some paint correction anyway, I decided to give it a shot since I've been anxiously waiting to try it out. My car was dusty and a bit dirty, too much for UQD and ready for a light wash. I've precisely wanted this capability in the hopes to save time and extend the full wash cycle... it delivered, greatly exceeded my expectations. Seems as if I used just under 1/3 of the bottle and that seems to be the application sweet spot as Meguiars claims 3 to 4 car washes per bottle.

I started trying different application amounts panel by panel first being conservative. It cleaned up well but did not leave enough protection as I would typically feel with UQW. After a slight increase, voila. Perfect! Very easy wipe, absolutely no streaking, and good protection. I highly recommend it.

For reference, my typical in-between wash process includes UQD with sometimes UQW. My normal washes consist of GC Wash, UQW. My full detail wash includes GC Wash, correction and polishing as required (from 105 down to swirlx), and GC paste wax topped with NXT 2.0 for durability. ( But no NXT 2.0 before shows when I would use UQD but this will now to be replaced with GC premium QD)

davey g-force
Jan 8th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Great, thanks for the review!

Did you get a chance to try the new GC QD? How was it?

proudgeek
Jan 10th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Great, thanks for the review!

Did you get a chance to try the new GC QD? How was it?

Before I forget, I also tried UWWA on the wheels by spraying the microfiber tower instead of the wheel directly in order to avoid product contact with non painted surfaces. It did not do well with this requirement. Will not try that again.

I just GCQD on the hood as sample. It enhanced the look and finish of the hood very nicely and, as already stated, did not add the added protection as UQD. It is a must for when visibility is more important than durability. Note that my car is green and I clearly noticed how it darkened the tone just as NXT 2 does.

I'm planning on doing the whole car today after work. Will let you know how it goes.

For reference, this is an older photo of my car so that you can see the color.

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p399/b0x1ng/open/PICT0017a.jpg

davey g-force
Jan 10th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Nice! :xyxthumbs

proudgeek
Jan 13th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Nice! :xyxthumbs

Hi. I haven't had the chance to try and report on GCQD due to work and weather. Will do this weekend!

79elcamino
Jan 18th, 2012, 12:59 PM
does anyone else have the problem with the bottle leaking, when shaking the bottle it leaks from where the cap screws onto the bottle. ive tried to make it tighter but it wont turn anymore. i had my towel on the bottle and the wind knocked it over and it leaked.

Garage Troll
Jan 18th, 2012, 04:32 PM
does anyone else have the problem with the bottle leaking, when shaking the bottle it leaks from where the cap screws onto the bottle. ive tried to make it tighter but it wont turn anymore. i had my towel on the bottle and the wind knocked it over and it leaked.

I think there could be something wrong with the seal on the nozzle. I haven't had any issues. I tested out UWWA about a week ago on my hood which was filthy from about 2 weeks driving in wet and rain and road salt. It worked beautifully. For me UWWA and Ultima Waterless Wash Plus are tied as my favorites, however I think Meg's performed even slightly better than Ultima. Ultima is less expensive since it comes in a concentrate and I use it for customer cars. However, the UWWA is what I would recommend to customers wanting to do it themselves since it's so easy to find at the store. I'll definitely be buying some more for my personal ride :) So far I've tried 4 different waterless washes. DP, Ultima, CroftGateUSA, and now Meguiars.

If I were to rate them, this would be the order:

1. UWWA
UWW+
2. DP
3. CroftGateUSA (They've fallen behind the curve. The other brands are producing better and less expensive products)

ghost430
Jan 23rd, 2012, 04:20 PM
Are there certain stores that will be receiving these? I just checked all my local auto store shops (that also carry a wide range of meguiars products) and no one has the product yet.

walletless
Feb 12th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Was wondering if this is going to be made available in a bulk packaging, like Ultimate Wash&Wax was available. $15 for a small bottle is good, but it will run out pretty fast. Also, how many washes can I do on a typical sedan (Say accord or similar) from single bottle - assuming that the car is washed regularly and not heavily soiled?

Murr1525
Feb 12th, 2012, 06:28 PM
You'll want to look at the Rinselss Wash in the Pro Line.

CosmoTiki
Feb 13th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Was wondering if this is going to be made available in a bulk packaging, like Ultimate Wash&Wax was available. $15 for a small bottle is good, but it will run out pretty fast. Also, how many washes can I do on a typical sedan (Say accord or similar) from single bottle - assuming that the car is washed regularly and not heavily soiled?

The bottle says 3-4 average sized cars w/ average dirt, but it sounds like you'll be using it closer to a traditional detailer, so your usage should be comparable to what you get w/ QD/UQD (at least, that's what I've found).

510GUY
Apr 26th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Mike,

I apologize if this question has already been asked. When I go on road trips in my Miata space is extremely limited as you know. I only have roomn for one bottle it I am taking some NXT soap along to wash the car. So what should it be? Currently I take UQD, NXT Wash, Meg's dyring towels and detailing cloths. It appears that I could use UWWA to do a quick clean as I wouild use UQD and replace the need to take the NXT soap. If I can do a quick water rinse, dry the car and then use UWWA, that would appear to be the way to go and would free up some valuable trunk space.

Can you share your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Michael Stoops
Apr 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM
510GUY, if you're looking for an excellent all around product to clean up the Miata on extended road trips, then UWWA is exactly what you want. For those road trips it could replace the NXT Car Wash Soap, UQD and UQW combined. You wouldn't even have to do the water rinse and dry first, just use UWWA with several microfiber towels and you're done. If the car is extremely dirty and you really feel the need to do a water rinse first, we'd suggest swinging by a coin-op wash, give it a quick once over, and then while it's still wet use the UWWA to really clean the finish and leave a nice bit of synthetic protection behind.

wifpd4
Apr 27th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Mr. Stoops said:

If the car is extremely dirty and you really feel the need to do a water rinse first, we'd suggest swinging by a coin-op wash, give it a quick once over, and then while it's still wet use the UWWA to really clean the finish and leave a nice bit of synthetic protection behind.

I don't imagine I could get away with calling that the "Iowa Method". :) Shawn T might object. :(

Due to some recent time constraints, I've done this a few times and I love UWWA!!! On a black car this stuff is great!

STRIFE
Apr 27th, 2012, 06:32 PM
When will UWWA be available in a gallon size? Pretty sure there will be demand for it....

strader327
May 4th, 2012, 01:43 AM
I picked some of this up a week or so ago. I tried it on a section of my blue pontiac and it works very very well! And not to mention, the SMELL is spectacular! The stuff smells like raspberries. Very very pleasant smell, highly recommend it! :D

Nuscence813
May 9th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Will this product cause swirls or scratches when all you have to do is spray and wipe a dirty car/SUV??

smack
May 9th, 2012, 01:08 PM
It will not cause problems as long as you use it the way it is intended. Just use it heavier than you would a QD.

Nuscence813
May 9th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Cool thanks man, You are everywhere LOL
:cruising

smack
May 9th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Cool thanks man, You are everywhere LOL
:cruising

I try to help out as much as I can.

Michael Stoops
May 9th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Will this product cause swirls or scratches when all you have to do is spray and wipe a dirty car/SUV??

When used properly (see Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere - Tips & Tricks (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?54112-Ultimate-Wash-amp-Wax-Anywhere-Tips-amp-Tricks) for more on this) it won't scratch the paint. Of course, there are limits to anything, and just as when you bucket wash an extremely dirty car you hose it with some pressure to knock off the really heavy stuff, you need use that same kind of common sense with UWWA.

For example, let's say you live in a northern climate where the roads are salted in winter and your car is covered in heavy road salt. It's not practical to hose down the car at home (it's actually common for outside water to be turned off to prevent pipes from breaking) or you live in an apartment complex and simply don't have access to a hose and bucket. The automatic car wash looks like a swirling torture chamber, and the brush at the coin op wash isn't much better (and may actually be worse). So, you go to the coin op place and pressure wash the car, knocking off all the heavy stuff. But the car still looks far from clean. That's fine - it's the perfect time to finish the job with a bottle of UWWA, and finish it safely.

Or you live in an area where it rains a lot and you don't have access to a hose. Even after a few hundred miles of driving in the rain you can safely clean the car with UWWA, something you wouldn't even consider with a QD spray. Personally, I drove my weekend toy home from Las Vegas in a downpour following SEMA last November. From the LV Convention Center to my house is almost exactly 275 miles, and you can imagine how dirty my car was. But UWWA, and several microfiber towels, safely cleaned the car in no time.

aeron
Jun 21st, 2012, 12:28 AM
Can i use this if my car is wet from watering off chunks of dirt from my car?
i have been waiting for my car to dry all the time and its "wasting my time"... and yes i also purchased the water magnet but i dont want to risk scratching my new paint w/o the UWWA.

aeron
Jun 21st, 2012, 12:29 AM
how do i add attachments?

Michael Stoops
Jun 21st, 2012, 06:57 AM
Images must be uploaded to our gallery (or another online gallery, server, etc) and then placed in your post. This article explains it all: How to place an image in your messages (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26526)

aeron
Jun 21st, 2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the guide.

Anyway can I use UWWA when my car is wet? after a rain or after removing those heavier stains/dirt.
Too lazy to dry my car... i do have the water magnet though... but that is for another purpose...

Anyway few pictures that i am in doubt with...

1] OIL Spill... We have great petrol attendants. I havent washed my car in weeks! any products to recommend to remove these? i believe UWWA wont do the job...

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/IMG_06501.JPG

2] Should I wash my car with water before applying UWWA on these "type" of dirt? Common sense tells me I should wash the dirt away first but I would like some feedback...Will UWWA prevent scratches on this "type" of dirt?

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/IMG_06511.JPG

3] The bonnet... very dirty... BUT NO VISIBLE CHUNK of dirt as opposed to the previous so obviously logic will tell me to wash my car but UWWA say it should be ok and wont scratch the paint...or not?

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/IMG_06491.JPG

So am i doing things right?
Thanks!

aeron
Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:50 AM
I have to add that i have purchased my second bottle this month. [manage to get only 3 washes...will try to make it 4 this time] But that 1 bottle alone was used up when my car isnt as dirty as the above pics. So i thought I will post up some pictures to see whether UWWA can tolerate those dirt. thanks for reading

davey g-force
Jun 24th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I would say the first and second pictures need a traditional bucket wash. Or even just a hose-down to get the bigger chunks of dirt off. The third can be handled with UWWA. Perhaps Mr Stoops can confirm..

aeron
Jun 24th, 2012, 05:09 PM
thanks dave for the feedback. kinda slow around here...

scottphys
Jun 29th, 2012, 09:32 AM
This UWWA is incredible. It's perfect for a quick, mid-week wash. About mid-week (between normal weekend washes), I start seeing dust/dirt building up. Before it builds up more, I hit it with this UWWA. I cannot believe how nice it leaves my car looking!

I think you guys hit another home run with this.

Yell0wF0rd
Jun 30th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Excellent idea, especially for the wintertime. :doublethumbsup2 You wont freeze to death getting the road salt off!

s word
Mar 8th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Did this item get discontinued or are retailers just backing off of it? I couldn't find it anywhere recently. I went to a Pepboys that I never go to. I found 2 stray bottles in the clearance section for $10.99 and clearance items were 50% off. Took home two bottles for $11+ not bad. But once I am out, am I out?

STRIFE
Mar 8th, 2013, 01:32 PM
^ i'm thinking Pepboys just wants to stop carrying it?

s word
Mar 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM
^ i'm thinking Pepboys just wants to stop carrying it?

No longer carried by my autozone, oreilly, or other pepboys, target...hopefully what you say is true. My wife hates me washing her car, not because I do bad work just because :), so this stuff allows me to guerrilla tactic clean the car randomly in the night. Otherwise I am stuck driving a dirty vehicle when i borrow it which is unacceptable.

STRIFE
Mar 8th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Not sure if it's too far or not but Detailing.com's store is avail, did you check Wallymart?
http://www.detailing.com/store/meguiars-ultimate-wash-and-wax-anywhere.html

s word
Mar 8th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Not sure if it's too far or not but Detailing.com's store is avail, did you check Wallymart?
http://www.detailing.com/store/meguiars-ultimate-wash-and-wax-anywhere.html

Not too far from their, still have never been down there. But the price is discounted there too. Wouldn't that lead you to believe discontinued product sell off...where is Stoops on this wish he would give a yay or nay.

My Saturday will consist of rounding up as many of these bottles as possible if it is disc. Just opened a Wallyworld by my house, never been, never gunna go. I try to stay away from that place.
Nothing against them, I am probably the most impatient person ever and being in a 10 person deep line that takes 30 mins to check out, is of no interest to me.

There is this stuff, could I possibly dilute in a spray bottle, or is it just not the same...and if someone mentions it has polymers I am going to freak out :)
http://www.detailing.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/m/e/meguiars-g17748.jpg

Looked this up myself on Meguiars website, contains polymers...

STRIFE
Mar 9th, 2013, 08:51 AM
^ that is just for traditional hose N bucket washing, pretty sure it contains polymers ;)

namuramc
May 2nd, 2014, 08:11 AM
Hi guys, I'm really interested in this product as I live in an apartment and it's sometimes really quite hard to give my ride a decent wash.

Just wondering as this product seems to be a wash and wax, if I'd like to apply a sealant on top of it i.e M21, do I need to strip off the wax that it has deposited before applying the M21?

I had previously applied the M21 onto my ride, and this would be really useful for those in between days where I don't have access to a place where I could give it a good wash and it gets hit by bird poo or something. Just wondering if anything needs to be done before my next application of the M21, or should I just apply M21 on top of it. Thanks everyone!

C8N
May 2nd, 2014, 10:11 AM
Should be no problem to go straight to M21 after using UWWA

davey g-force
May 2nd, 2014, 07:59 PM
:iagree:

namuramc
May 2nd, 2014, 10:52 PM
Thanks C8N for your insights. Will head out to get a bottle soon :)

Xtremespeed
Aug 6th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Walmart is the only place I can find this now. I really hope it's not being discontinued. I use it more than any other Meguiars product. We really need a gallon or 5 gallon size.

scottphys
Aug 6th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Walmart is the only place I can find this now. I really hope it's not being discontinued. I use it more than any other Meguiars product. We really need a gallon or 5 gallon size.

I'd like to second that! Please don't discontinue this stuff. It's really been fantastic to use and a great part of your product line. Well done.

Chevota Guy
Aug 12th, 2014, 07:57 AM

I switched from the Ultimate Wash Wax Anywhere to their professional Detailers version D115 Rinse Free Express Wash and Wax. It seems pricey at first, but 1 gallon yields 5 gallons when diluted according to directions. It is great.

Top Gear
Jun 2nd, 2015, 10:51 AM
So, I've finally tried UWWA on a black DD in the hot-n-humid Southeast. Holy Expletive!! I can't believe how awesome the results were, especially with a fresh Supreme Shine towel. Oh, how much trouble I've gone to trying to do with GCQD/GCQW what this product so easily does, with no clouding or extra buffing. UWWA matches the scent feedback of the DAMF system and Detailer products I'm using, and fits right into the carnauba finishing requirements regimen for me. Daily maintenance, travel, and pre-show needs solved! Later, I can order the bulk version (Detailer D115), but for now, I'm just happy at the results!

Thanks again, Meguiar's :bow

davey g-force
Jun 2nd, 2015, 11:16 AM
:woot: that's great to hear. It really is a great product.

How do you find its slickness? I find its not quite as slick as a QD such as UQW or LT.

Top Gear
Jun 2nd, 2015, 11:54 AM
Do you mean glossy, or slick in feel? My initial impression is UWWA is easily as glossy as GCQD or GCQW, but much thicker, gel-like, in a way. So, it feels slick without being oily or cloudy, and seems to "glaze" the surface much better than GCQD or GCQW.

davey g-force
Jun 2nd, 2015, 11:58 AM
I mean slick in feel. The way your towel glides over the surface during the final wipe.

Top Gear
Jun 2nd, 2015, 12:15 PM
Ah yes, not as slick, then, more traction, even when dry. UWWA seems like more of a gel coating, somehow. We'll see how it weathers the next rain storm.

Coldazice
Jul 23rd, 2015, 11:13 AM

Hey Michael, thanks!

Would you recommend using a quik wax after using Wax and Wash?

Noob thinking. I'm trying to avoid scratching, swirls or what not. I was thinking of rinsing with water first, then the Wax and Wash, then maybe the Gold Class Quik Wax, and then Ultimate Liquid Wax.

Good idea or no?

davey g-force
Jul 23rd, 2015, 01:12 PM
You can do as much or as little as you like, but that's a bit too many steps, and one is in the wrong order.

You wouldn't apply a wax after a spray wax, but the other way around.

If anything you'd do this every week:
- UWWA
- GCQW (optional, and slight overkill)

Then once every few months, you'd go:
- UWWA
- ULW
- GCQW (optional, and slight overkill) :)

Eldorado2k
Jul 25th, 2015, 01:58 AM
This^

With 1 small exception. I like to do a traditional bucket wash before applying a layer of liquid/paste wax. But that's just my OCD way of thinking:)

Top Gear
Jul 25th, 2015, 07:24 AM
^^ I think that was a typo. UQW, not ULW. The question was basically "Should I follow UWWA with QW, and should I use two different QWs?"

My answer is yes to the first part. UWWA is, as far as I'm concerned, very much a "sealant" and not so much about the small amount of carnauba in it. Unless it's a quick touch-up, which is daily, I'll frequently follow UWWA with GCQW, because GCQW, while also being mixed with synthetic goodness, is the most carnauba we can get in a spray. UWWA has a silvery glossy look, and GCQW darkens it back a bit (I don't care for the super-silver-ultimate-glossy look as much).

My answer is no, that's redundant, to the second part.

Eldorado2k
Jul 25th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Are you saying there's a typo in Davey's post?^ I don't think there is. I think he meant to say that..

IMO UWWA is enough of a spray wax on its own and anything else on top of it would be, like Davey said, overkill/redundant.

Top Gear
Jul 26th, 2015, 08:30 AM
That depends, IMO. If you wax with UW (or the like), then use UWWA and UQW to maintain, then you might not see the subtle differences I see by waxing with D301, then using UWWA and GCQW to maintain.

UWWA/D115 is amazing, for sure, but after some period of regular upkeep UWWA is replacing my blueish dark carnauba-rich D301 finish with a silvery, glossy "Ultimate"-style finish and I don't like that. While UWWA has carnauba in it, it's a pretty minor ingredient. GCQW is necessary to at least maintain the carnauba, despite the fact that GCQW isn't bluish either.

Actually, Eldorado, while I haven't yet moved to D115 from UWWA as you've recommended (my first UWWA bottle is about half empty now), I do notice in your pictures D115 has a definite bluish tint. Maybe it's simple-minded, but I wonder if that will help maintain D301 over the white-ish UWWA?

Eldorado2k
Jul 26th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Well if it works for you, then thumbsup.

I find it amazing that you've only used up a half bottle of UWWA so far. And if I remember correctly you stated that you're still working on the same couple or so bottles of GCQD for over a year now? How in the world do you do that?? I can sometimes go through half a bottle [16oz] of D115 if the vehicle is full on dirty.. Much less if it's quik wipedowns every couple of days of course, but still.

I just did a waterless on both the Kia and my dads Tacoma this morning and used a total of about 10-11oz. for both cars. When it comes to towels however, I normally never need anymore than 3 to get the job done. Usually 2 is good enough, not including the windows. I never understand how some people on other sites talk about needing a dozen or so towels to wipedown their car.. That's ridiculous lol.

Top Gear
Jul 26th, 2015, 11:09 AM
LOL ;) I'm pretty sure I've never bought more than 3 bottles of GCQW in 3 years, and that third bottle is about to run out just now. I'm now using it, as well as GCQD, a good bit less frequently since adding UWWA, as well as re-waxing by DA more frequently. But still, I guess I'm just giving any of these sprays a small finger pump and then wiping at least twice the area per spray, using the moisture immediately collected in the towel (remember the humidity difference, too). This is after using the duster, usually.

Except for a dirty spot, or recently when I tested UWWA after a rain drive, I never really douse the surface with UWWA (as seen in videos) or spray more than once or twice per wipe - that only saturates the towel and starts streaking (yes, even UWWA). So, I can do the whole car with either UWWA or GCQW with 1 towel each and at the end the towels will be maybe half dry (UWWA) or almost fully dry (GCQW). Although with GCQW, I'm spraying more product now but re-waxing with it less frequently, because of UWWA and monthly DA re-waxing, and because the SS towels are so damned good. I keep all of this maintenance merch in the trunk so I can do it anytime, but due to the heat, the GCQW bottle is blown up right now, lol, but the product is fine.

So, a gallon of D115 would last me many years, which is why I ask so many questions about this stuff before buying it. I hate being stuck with something I don't need.

Still, do you think D115 will be blueish vs UWWA for my D301 finish??

Eldorado2k
Jul 26th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Mmm, I don't think the color of the liquid would make a difference to be honest.. But you know the placebo effect can sometimes work wonders;)lol.

As far as D115 goes, it's about as safe of a bet as it goes. I should've bought another gallon while it was available at such a great price. Now that site is out of stock on it and who knows if it'll be at that sweet price once they get more in stock. But I think they still have the 32oz. concentrate for $20.

Top Gear
Jul 27th, 2015, 09:00 AM
^ Eldorado, your mailbox is full, btw...

Yeah, the 32oz might tempt me, with some distilled water to mix it (to match UWWA) and mixed in the UWWA bottle. Even the sampler would last me years ;)

Eldorado2k
Jul 27th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Yes it would.

And it's clear now:bigups

510GUY
Apr 28th, 2019, 09:56 PM
Quick question. Does this contain "petroleum distillates"?

I am asking this question because I have a two-layer laminated wrap on my car. The first layer is KPMF Satin Car Wrap Film laminated to a second layer of 3M 8518 Overlaminate Gloss to add a layer of gloss and protection.

A friend of mine who has Expel on his car say that you should never put a product containing "petroleum distillates" (e.g. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - Recommended by the Meguiar's Help Line for a Wrap) on a wrapped surface or at least Expel. He says that if you put "petroleum distillates" on a wrapped surface it will result in the wrap or at least Expel "yellowing" over time.

Since I just spent what is a lot of money for me to have this done to my vehicle to have a color I like and a protected surface, I don't want have the surface over "yellowing" over time. My friend who does use Meguiar's products (M205 & M26) for his painted surfaces, uses CarPro Reload (an SI02 product like HCW) after washing and for daily care a California Duster and Ultimate Quick Detailer (Whatever happened to M135).

I have moved to UWWA as my Quick Detailer and so would like to continue to use it for that purpose on my wrapped car also. It's label does not say "contains petroleum distillates", but I want to make sure. If it would result in the my "wrapped surfaces" "yellowing" over time I will move back to using Ultimate Quick Detailer as my friend does or perhaps Last Touch Spray Detailer, D155.

Thank you for answering this question.

Nick Winn
Apr 29th, 2019, 08:41 AM

I am asking this question because I have a two-layer laminated wrap on my car. The first layer is KPMF Satin Car Wrap Film laminated to a second layer of 3M 8518 Overlaminate Gloss to add a layer of gloss and protection.

A friend of mine who has Expel on his car say that you should never put a product containing "petroleum distillates" (e.g. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - Recommended by the Meguiar's Help Line for a Wrap) on a wrapped surface or at least Expel. He says that if you put "petroleum distillates" on a wrapped surface it will result in the wrap or at least Expel "yellowing" over time.

Since I just spent what is a lot of money for me to have this done to my vehicle to have a color I like and a protected surface, I don't want have the surface over "yellowing" over time. My friend who does use Meguiar's products (M205 & M26) for his painted surfaces, uses CarPro Reload (an SI02 product like HCW) after washing and for daily care a California Duster and Ultimate Quick Detailer (Whatever happened to M135).

I have moved to UWWA as my Quick Detailer and so would like to continue to use it for that purpose on my wrapped car also. It's label does not say "contains petroleum distillates", but I want to make sure. If it would result in the my "wrapped surfaces" "yellowing" over time I will move back to using Ultimate Quick Detailer as my friend does or perhaps Last Touch Spray Detailer, D155.

I am not seeing anything about Petroleum Distillates for our G3626.

Michael Stoops
May 7th, 2019, 10:13 AM

So this is, what, the third thread you've asked the exact same question in? Wow, that friend of yours really got to you, didn't he? It's a common belief that things like petroleum distillates and silicones are the potential death of automotive surface care. Any and all of our paint protection products are perfectly safe to use on vinyl wraps, PPF, and many are even perfectly safe and effective on matte paint. Obviously you'll want to steer clear of most liquid and paste waxes on almost any film just because it's often tricky, if not downright impossible, to get an even appearance with those products on those surfaces. You absolutely do NOT want to use liquid or paste waxes on matte finishes. But whether paint or vinyl, matte or gloss, any of our spray on waxes and quick detailers are perfectly safe and effective. That you've chose UWWA as your go to on the new wrap on your car is actually a very smart idea, and likely the smartest choice of them all since it cleans very effectively, and leaves great polymer protection without any damaging side effects.